North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 8:43 pm)Daniel wrote 628 is on 136s this evening.

Another Odd Working for 628 then, although this probs quite an often occurance, I certainly didn't see it at all today

RE: Go North East - CitaroFavourite - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 8:39 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I think he means done in the current style - white number on red background. Been like that for a few weeks now.

that is correct tony

RE: Go North East - Dan - 15 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 8:53 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Another Odd Working for 628 then, although this probs quite an often occurance, I certainly didn't see it at all today

Should have been on 37s also?

RE: Go North East - Tom - 15 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 5:20 pm)tyresmoke wrote Well first day back in Newcastle working Metros after 5 days off allowed me to see various odd workings....

6022 on 21, 4949 on X9, 3860? (W866PNL, DFDS one) on 496 I think it was Smile

3866 I guess you mean! - 3860 is W806PNL Wink

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 15 Aug 2013

new Coaster Brand livery on the new service 1 timetable:

http://www.simplygo.com/view-all-routes/

RE: Go North East - Michael - 15 Aug 2013

New coaster brand on timetable...
Looks good
Edit .. haha we posted it at the sametime

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 15 Aug 2013

New coaster timetable looks good.. New brand is very nice quite fresh, very impressed.

Centurion branded 17/17A timetable also online now. And the venture network was uploaded yesterday noticeably missing 130, 131, 689 & 704 not sure why when all are venture branded why not include them? Particularly 130 as its just been updated.

Quite fond of the new livery. I went through the images on GNE's server a few days ago but I couldn't find it then. Glad we have been allowed a 'sneak peek' though!

South Tyne 5, Northern 71, X84/X85, Northern 391 & TyneDale Links 687 awaiting new style timetable.

RE: Go North East - CitaroFavourite - 15 Aug 2013

Any opinions of the new design I kinda like it

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 15 Aug 2013

Speaking of the 71, again just now it was heading up Burn Park Road, rather than continue on Dairy Lane.

I have seen it do both routes over the last few weeks and as far as I'm aware, Nexus are still displaying the timetable on Dairy Lane.

Can anyone confirm if it has changed its route into Houghton?

RE: Go North East - tyresmoke - 15 Aug 2013

(15 Aug 2013, 10:43 am)CitaroFavourite wrote Any opinions of the new design I kinda like it

Looks good but very skirt based again, prone to damage especially nearside!

I like it, 1 of their best remakes.

(15 Aug 2013, 10:54 am)Andreos1 wrote Speaking of the 71, again just now it was heading up Burn Park Road, rather than continue on Dairy Lane.

I have seen it do both routes over the last few weeks and as far as I'm aware, Nexus are still displaying the timetable on Dairy Lane.

Can anyone confirm if it has changed its route into Houghton?

I'm little confused what you mean, I thought the 71, since it was curtailed at Houghton, ran up Dairy Lane then onto Burn Park Road and onto Houghton Town Centre (Newbottle Street) then at the Broadway then out onto Dairy Lane. What's changed?
Before when it was 71 to Sunderland it would serve all the way up Dairy Lane and serve the opposing side of the broadway.

(15 Aug 2013, 11:12 am)CatsFast101 wrote I'm little confused what you mean, I thought the 71, since it was curtailed at Houghton, ran up Dairy Lane then onto Burn Park Road and onto Houghton Town Centre (Newbottle Street) then at the Broadway then out onto Dairy Lane. What's changed?
Before when it was 71 to Sunderland it would serve all the way up Dairy Lane and serve the opposing side of the broadway.

It has always gone all the way up Dairy Lane, onto Broadway. Since it stopped running to Sunderland, it ran NIS up Newbottle Street and turned around at the roundabout.

However, over the last few weeks, I have seen it heading up Burn Park Road (the same route as the M1) AS WELL AS heading the entire length of Dairy Lane (just like the 20a and 35a).

It can't have a flexible route, because as far as I'm aware, the timetables on Dairy Lane, still display the 71.
In fact when I was last on it just 2 weeks ago, it stopped to let someone off and let someone on opposite Ninelands, half way up Dairy Lane and obviously beyond the junction with Burn Park Road.

Looking at a bus stop app I have, the 71 to Houghton-Le-Spring Broadway is timetabled on Burn Park Road & Newbottle Street. Then at the Broadway stop (Church Side, 20 to Durham/ X1 to Easington Lane) as 71 to Chester-Le-Street Front Street and then timetabled on Dairy Lane as 71 to Chester-Le-Street Front Street. Exactly the same as the M1 as there's only 1 minute layover from Arrival to Departure at Houghton.

(15 Aug 2013, 11:36 am)CatsFast101 wrote Looking at a bus stop app I have, the 71 to Houghton-Le-Spring Broadway is timetabled on Burn Park Road & Newbottle Street. Then at the Broadway stop (Church Side, 20 to Durham/ X1 to Easington Lane) as 71 to Chester-Le-Street Front Street and then timetabled on Dairy Lane as 71 to Chester-Le-Street Front Street. Exactly the same as the M1 as there's only 1 minute layover from Arrival to Departure at Houghton.

Very strange.
Just wondering if the route was adapted last year when the 20a and 35a were brought along that stretch of Dairy Lane?

As I say, over the last few weeks, it has gone both ways.
Whether I manage to capture it or not is another thing, but you may see my first ever photo of a bus!

On one particular occasion, I was waiting on Broadway, it came up Dairy Lane and stopped on the other side to let people get off.
It headed up Newbottle Street and didn't bother coming back - despite it clearly being timetabled and having a queue of people standing waiting for it.
The GNE excuse when I complained was great and demonstrated a clear lack of knowledge - according to the Customer Service Representative, 'it never has stopped on both sides and when returning to Chester, goes DOWN Burn Park Road from Houghton'.

(15 Aug 2013, 11:46 am)Andreos1 wrote Very strange.
Just wondering if the route was adapted last year when the 20a and 35a were brought along that stretch of Dairy Lane?

As I say, over the last few weeks, it has gone both ways.
Whether I manage to capture it or not is another thing, but you may see my first ever photo of a bus!

On one particular occasion, I was waiting on Broadway, it came up Dairy Lane and stopped on the other side to let people get off.
It headed up Newbottle Street and didn't bother coming back - despite it clearly being timetabled and having a queue of people standing waiting for it.
The GNE excuse when I complained was great and demonstrated a clear lack of knowledge - according to the Customer Service Representative, 'it never has stopped on both sides and when returning to Chester, goes DOWN Burn Park Road from Houghton'.

Oh my, that's not too good the route should go one way all the time not chopping and changing. As it should serve all the bus stops and in regards to the broadway it should stop on one side all the time. Sounds like GNE need to sort out which way the bus goes I've always known it to do Dairy Lane-Burn Park Road-Newbottle Street-Broadway-Dairy Lane, but I'm not that often on the 71, and it shouldn't be chopping and changing.

5214 Prince bishops brokedown at barnes was heading for durham...

had to edit it because i got the fleet number wrong haha

RE: Go North East - gtom - 15 Aug 2013

I'm not a massive fan of the Coaster brand as a whole but I don't mind this attempt so much.

It's taken me a while to click that they've taken a 20 min frequency double decker away from Low Fell and Harlow Green replaced it with a 30 min single decker (albeit the twirlys can now ride directly and in comfort to buy their fish and chips - saying that the X1 then Metro is quicker to the Coast)

Does anyone know why the GNE site says 24/24A timetable up to 24 Aug but Coaster doesn't start until Sept 1st

(15 Aug 2013, 11:51 am)CatsFast101 wrote Oh my, that's not too good the route should go one way all the time not chopping and changing. As it should serve all the bus stops and in regards to the broadway it should stop on one side all the time. Sounds like GNE need to sort out which way the bus goes I've always known it to do Dairy Lane-Burn Park Road-Newbottle Street-Broadway-Dairy Lane, but I'm not that often on the 71, and it shouldn't be chopping and changing.

Whichever way it does go to Houghton, it always has the opportunity to stop at the Durham, Easington Lane stop outside the Church on Broadway - either by turning around on the roundabout outside the Kingdom Hall or by heading up Burn Park Road.
There is no excuse for it not doing so.

However, I think some clarification needs making with regard to the route into Houghton.

Edit 8233 on the 2a heading towards Washington now approaching Biddick.
Sounds as healthy as ever.

(15 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm)gtomlinson wrote I'm not a massive fan of the Coaster brand as a whole but I don't mind this attempt so much.

It's taken me a while to click that they've taken a 20 min frequency double decker away from Low Fell and Harlow Green replaced it with a 30 min single decker (albeit the twirlys can now ride directly and in comfort to buy their fish and chips - saying that the X1 then Metro is quicker to the Coast)

Does anyone know why the GNE site says 24/24A timetable up to 24 Aug but Coaster doesn't start until Sept 1st

Is 24 Aug the final day for the 24A?

(15 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm)Daniel wrote Is 24 Aug the final day for the 24A?

There's a week left, including the Bank Holiday operation on the Monday

(15 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm)gtomlinson wrote There's a week left, including the Bank Holiday operation on the Monday

I can't explain it then.

(15 Aug 2013, 1:17 pm)Daniel wrote I can't explain it then.

A surprise quiet Coaster launch?

Or the GNE website being as up to date, informative, accurate and generally fantastic as it ever is?

(15 Aug 2013, 1:28 pm)gtomlinson wrote A surprise quiet Coaster launch?

Or the GNE website being as up to date, informative, accurate and generally fantastic as it ever is?

The service will carry on until the VOSA cancellation for the 24A was due. If that means the date on GNE's website is wrong, I'll go with the latter.

4966 has been repainted internally - handles, the tops of the seats, poles etc

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 15 Aug 2013

Hope I'm not repeating someone else.

3977 was on the 'Orbit' services yesterday and 3964 was being used on the 'Citylink' 58.

There was also a Vyking (which I forgot to catch the number of) operating the 58 too. I was surprised that the driver was using the centre door, although I suppose the bendies do use the centre doors. It was really slow on the hills - don't think it reached more than 5 mph on Split Crow Road or Coldwell Lane!

It seems there has been a swap in the allocations today, with Deptford offering a "Drifter" branded Versa on the 38, and a "Northern" branded SPD on the 60.

Both at Park Lane now.

Been looking through and there's only a few service who haven't got the updated timetable style;

QuayLink Q1/Q2
Saltwell Park 53/54*
Drifter 60*
Venture V3/V4/V5/V6/689*
TyneDale Links 74/74A/683/686/688
Team Valley Works 90/933/937/939/941
Beamish Museum 128
DFDS 327
Longbenton DSS 792

*Timetables do exist for the 60 (Due to changes to the 61 a new Drifter leaflet was produced) and the 53/54 (Due to changes to the service last month). Wonder why these haven't been uploaded online yet? Wonder if its just coincidence that they are both getting new StreetLites soon although we know both timetables exist with a Versa on it. As for venture, all but the 689 (130, 131, 704 in seperate guides) are in the new venture guide so a new style timetable for them does exists whether it'll be like the 60 and it won't be put online as the service times itself haven't changed is anyone's guess.