North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 29 May 2013

Re the Scanias on the M1, I have noticed recently that vinyls arent being replaced on the vehicles.
One in particular has had a side panel replaced, but the vinyl hasnt been put back on, hence you can see the top half of the initial Metrolink logo.
There are one or two others missing a few smaller logos.

Without reading too much into it - if those vehicles were being kept on the route, then surely these logos would be replaced...

RE: Go North East - Adrian - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 Re the Scanias on the M1, I have noticed recently that vinyls arent being replaced on the vehicles.
One in particular has had a side panel replaced, but the vinyl hasnt been put back on, hence you can see the top half of the initial Metrolink logo.

Without reading too much into it - if those vehicles were being kept on the route, then surely these logos would be replaced...

Same with one of the Fab Fifty Six vehicles. One is practically bare on one side of it. Not sure on the number, but someone will know no doubt Smile

RE: Go North East - Adam - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:03 pm)aureolin
(29 May 2013, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 Re the Scanias on the M1, I have noticed recently that vinyls arent being replaced on the vehicles.

Same with one of the Fab Fifty Six vehicles. One is practically bare on one side of it. Not sure on the number, but someone will know no doubt Smile

The M1 is confirmed to be getting new Mercedes Citaros later this year, maybe in the next couple of months or so Smile

If my memory serves me correctly, the half de-branded Fab Fifty Six is 5203. I'm not 100% sure though Undecided

RE: Go North East - Dan - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:10 pm)Adam

The M1 is confirmed to be getting new Mercedes Citaros later this year, maybe in the next couple of months or so Smile

If my memory serves me correctly, the half de-branded Fab Fifty Six is 5203. I'm not 100% sure though Undecided

It is 5203, but was branded again last week. See photo here - she's been following me lately and I have three photos of her from the past few days yet to be uploaded to Flickr.

Only took Deptford five months to brand her - and it's still a shoddy job. The fleet number on the rear is in black numbering, and half are white and the half are white on the front Wink

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 29 May 2013

It would cost money to replace the logos, and obviously GNE are unwilling as both examples listed above have been like that for a few months now. and also the buses used currently are due to be replaced soon. So it would be pointless for to rebrand the buses slighty.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:19 pm)Adam Malarkey

It would cost money to replace the logos, and obviously GNE are unwilling as both examples listed above have been like that for a few months now. and also the buses used currently are due to be replaced soon. So it would be pointless for to rebrand the buses slighty.

If that were so, the "Fab Fifty Six" would be retaining their Scanias and they wouldn't be getting replaced.
Love a bit stir, me!

RE: Go North East - Dan - 30 May 2013

TTX B9 iss off-road today again, and B7 spare 3963 is also off-road, having maintenance performed to her. Three "Yellow Bus" branded Olympians are also in Sunderland Road today, but one is not Gateshead-based (3812) and is being road-tested today. As such, one "Yellow Bus" Olympian should be expected on the X9/X10 again.

Red Arrows B9 also at Sunderland Road today, being road tested.

Angel B5LH having maintenance performed to her at Sunderland Road also.

Whey Aye Five 0 at Sunderland Road. She's blinded up as 'Engineers on Road Test', so must be there for maintenance.

Two Highwaymans in there, one Fab57, and several Northerns (varying in vehicle type) belonging primarily to Gateshead.

One Great Park was in there, and one was also at Gateshead Interchange about half an hour before I walked down, so something interesting could be on the X40.

RE: Go North East - Kuyoyo - 30 May 2013

'Dritfer' Cadet 8273 is on Laser 35A today, 1145 from South Shields.

8258 is back in service today on the xx09 38s from Park Lane.

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 30 May 2013

Is it still drifter branded?

It's now in Northern livery.

I wonder if all drifter cadets will go the same way, worth mentioning that the 36/36A/26/26A all picture Northern branded cadets so could they go to them services. A straight swap for the simplicity Versa's? With the 39 getting spare WSS MPD's?

The new 26/26A, 36/36A, 99 and X3/X36 timetables all show B10BLEs not Cadets. It's likely now that a handful of the Drifter Versas will be staying in Drifter livery for the 61.

RE: Go North East - Rapidsnap - 30 May 2013

It could be possible that only the 60 might be branded as Drifter with the 61 going as a Northern route.

(30 May 2013, 2:53 pm)Kuyoyo The new 26/26A, 36/36A, 99 and X3/X36 timetables all show B10BLEs not Cadets. It's likely now that a handful of the Drifter Versas will be staying in Drifter livery for the 61.

Whoops my bad, I thought I saw a cadet, never mind! The current drifter Versa will need slight rebranding though as they have references to the 60.

(30 May 2013, 3:21 pm)GMitchelhill It could be possible that only the 60 might be branded as Drifter with the 61 going as a Northern route.

EDIT: Unlikely as the new timetable is drifter branded. For the 61 & 60.

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 30 May 2013

It was the late Peter Huntley ex MD for GNE started the brands for the buses and open line plus others, Since Peter stepped down from MD and the new MD came in with a different approach of running the company, The open line has gone and wont be long until the brands will disappear, and only the very profitable branded routes would possible stay.

I think in a way he's got a point. I think you either need to brand the vast majority of routes or none at all otherwise it becomes a bit of a mess, the Generic northern livery doesn't really stand out. I think brand a lot of routes most services like things like the 38/36/64/95/96 should be branded these current aren't. Or go to a thing where only the very core services are branded, such as 21/56/20/35/27/58/60/X1, but incorporating a company livery within that, with the rest having a good eye-catching generic livery.

RE: Go North East - Rapidsnap - 30 May 2013

Think a good generic livery would be Go-Ahead Northern style red and white with the addition of a Black Skirt. (or just black front / rear bumpers.)

RE: Go North East - Adrian - 30 May 2013

Citaro 5288 is on the 8 at the moment heading to Sunderland. Should be there about 7pm if anyone is interested.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 30 May 2013

A Northern B10BLE broke down at Heworth today on the X3. Its replacement was "Drifter" Cadet 8259. 8259 was showing signs of being unwell after a run from Newcastle to Sunderland, and was replaced again.

Green MPD 506 was sent to Park Lane by an engineer after 30 minutes of waiting (and no doubt the driver actually radioed in beforehand also), but the driver went back to Deptford depot in the MPD to collect a "Wear Tees Xpress" B10BLE to work the return trip Newcastle to Sunderland.

Commendable that the driver caught up time on both occasions. Certainly a lot of fun and games on the X3's final days as it operates at present!