North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 15 Mar 2014

The lime is on the next order list and will be citaros , this was confirmed by a GNE representative.

Not sure when these will arrive, theirs a list of routes on here somewhere which should be getting new buses this year.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 15 Mar 2014

(15 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm)Bazza Houston the renowns are too old some of which has passed themselves by date the R-Reg ones example 4840 1st one to be withdrawn i loved that motor as its reg plate was 340 GUP thus the odd Renown in reg plate terms i can see now Limes are deffo getting an upgrade e.g. the renowns are tired out and worn out been in service for 16 years even when the R-Reg ones were on my local route 4937-4947 they were really tired and showing signs of age at one point they had a Highwayman on that route at least about 6 or something that odd day the 4 W-Reg ones really roared 4906-4909 but the route is now Citaros i can see Lime being a Citaro route on the next order no wonder 4906-4909 both lasted a year on Crusader and Wear Tees Express but once as spare roles these can finally relax and do the not so demanding big routes

Renowns are good buses, 4906-4909 were reliable buses until they were used on the Wear Tees Xpress. All it was is that the route was too much for them. Not the fact that they were unreliable. Every vehicle has its limits I suppose like we do. We can only run for a certain distance without getting tired, those Renowns are exactly the same. Therefore id prefer the Cadets to go first as they have only ever been used on routes that are about 20-25 mile long (maybe slightly OTT there) and they are still unreliable.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dr Martin - 16 Mar 2014

(15 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm)Bazza Houston the renowns are too old some of which has passed themselves by date the R-Reg ones example 4840 1st one to be withdrawn i loved that motor as its reg plate was 340 GUP thus the odd Renown in reg plate terms i can see now Limes are deffo getting an upgrade e.g. the renowns are tired out and worn out been in service for 16 years even when the R-Reg ones were on my local route 4937-4947 they were really tired and showing signs of age at one point they had a Highwayman on that route at least about 6 or something that odd day the 4 W-Reg ones really roared 4906-4909 but the route is now Citaros i can see Lime being a Citaro route on the next order no wonder 4906-4909 both lasted a year on Crusader and Wear Tees Express but once as spare roles these can finally relax and do the not so demanding big routes
That is THE longest sentence I have ever read.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 16 Mar 2014

Here was the list of services which were listed for new buses this year.

- X66
- Lime
- Crusader
- Laser
- Toon Link
- Fab57

(not sure if its the correct one, i had a look back and could only find this one)

Edit: thanks for everyone for the info, was quite a few and don't want to miss you off!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Davey Bowyer - 16 Mar 2014

I think the Coaster might get one this year or next.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 16 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 11:35 am)Michael Here was the list of services which were listed for new buses this year.

- X66
- Lime
- Crusader
- Laser
- Toon Link
- Fab57

(not sure if its the correct one, i had a look back and could only find this one)

Edit: thanks for everyone for the info, was quite a few and don't want to miss you off!

I'd take the X66 off that list. They have just spent loads of money on rebranding the buses so will want that to last. Due to it been complex it is obviously not a Temp brand.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 16 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 1:38 pm)Robert I'd take the X66 off that list. They have just spent loads of money on rebranding the buses so will want that to last. Due to it been complex it is obviously not a Temp brand.

I'm under the impression that the X66 is actually in-line to be the first service to be upgraded this year (much like the Connections4 last year) - we can expect the new vehicles to be in service by early September.

Time has swiftly moved on, and early plans have changed in regards to this year's orders. That list isn't 100% correct anymore, but there's a time whereby the revised investment plan can be revealed on the public domain - it certainly isn't now.

(16 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm)Dan I'm under the impression that the X66 is actually in-line to be the first service to be upgraded this year (much like the Connections4 last year) - we can expect the new vehicles to be in service by early September.

Time has swiftly moved on, and early plans have changed in regards to this year's orders. That list isn't 100% correct anymore, but there's a time whereby the revised investment plan can be revealed on the public domain - it certainly isn't now.

When is that? Tongue

Wonder what these buses can be for the X66 Tongue

Had a feeling the list would of changed, was just posting the last list which was posted.

(16 Mar 2014, 1:47 pm)Michael When is that? Tongue

Wonder what these buses can be for the X66 Tongue

Had a feeling the list would of changed, was just posting the last list which was posted.

The details can be revealed soon after the investment plans are finalised by Go-Ahead, much like last year.
I have an incline that there are going to be some shockers, and it wouldn't seem right to reveal or even hint at these details until they are finalised.

There's scope for change in regards to all of the vehicle types, not just the X66. The likelihood is that it will be a light-weight single decker - a number will be purchased for other services involved in this year's investment plan to get a discount. At present, the only feasible option is the 11.7m Optare Versa - future demonstration vehicles may alter the decision somewhat, however.

(16 Mar 2014, 1:52 pm)Dan The details can be revealed soon after the investment plans are finalised by Go-Ahead, much like last year.
I have an incline that there are going to be some shockers, and it wouldn't seem right to reveal or even hint at these details until they are finalised.

There's scope for change in regards to all of the vehicle types, not just the X66. The likelihood is that it will be a light-weight single decker - a number will be purchased for other services involved in this year's investment plan to get a discount. At present, the only feasible option is the 11.7m Optare Versa - future demonstration vehicles may alter the decision somewhat, however.

Ah right cheers, i still hope the Lime is getting citaros then....

Anyway how on earth do you know that info...

(16 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm)Michael Ah right cheers, i still hope the Lime is getting citaros then....

I'm not going to reveal much more as we're gradually going through each of the previously established vehicles on order...! Tongue

At present, the decision is that the "Lime" will receive heavy-weight vehicles. While Citaros are a good option, they are currently proving to be troublesome at Stanley. I'm not aware of any other depots having major issues, but Stanley can't seem to keep the "Diamond" branded examples on the road. Of course, the previous decision of ordering Citaros went well with the idea of depot standardisation and all that jazz, but it's entirely possible that other services at Stanley won't receive cascaded Mercs anymore either.

That said, introducing a new vehicle type may not be a good idea either; realistically, a demonstration vehicle ought to be organised prior to them being ordered. Volvo B8RLEs are at present the only other option (suggested by citaro5284 a few weeks ago) for the "Lime". If they get their hands on a demonstration vehicle, they could be on the cards instead of Mercs.

Tongue, i hope we see some demo vehicles soon.

Still would like to know where u got this info... Tongue

(16 Mar 2014, 2:11 pm)Michael Tongue, i hope we see some demo vehicles soon.

That you'll never know...! Wink

(16 Mar 2014, 2:15 pm)Dan That you'll never know...! Wink

Ill keep asking mind haha Wink

I hope that we wont see an investment on routes which have had new buses in the laat couple of years... as you said their could be some shockers

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Adrian - 16 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 2:11 pm)Michael Tongue, i hope we see some demo vehicles soon.

There were suggestions made on here ages ago by reliable sources about the X66 investment. 11.7m Versas with an increase in frequency to provide the same amount of seats per hour as the bendies do.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 16 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm)Dan I'm not going to reveal much more as we're gradually going through each of the previously established vehicles on order...! Tongue

At present, the decision is that the "Lime" will receive heavy-weight vehicles. While Citaros are a good option, they are currently proving to be troublesome at Stanley. I'm not aware of any other depots having major issues, but Stanley can't seem to keep the "Diamond" branded examples on the road. Of course, the previous decision of ordering Citaros went well with the idea of depot standardisation and all that jazz, but it's entirely possible that other services at Stanley won't receive cascaded Mercs anymore either.

That said, introducing a new vehicle type may not be a good idea either; realistically, a demonstration vehicle ought to be organised prior to them being ordered. Volvo B8RLEs are at present the only other option (suggested by citaro5284 a few weeks ago) for the "Lime". If they get their hands on a demonstration vehicle, they could be on the cards instead of Mercs.

Could say the same about the Omnicity's on the Red Kite also, Stanley was pretty much odd workings Galore yesterday, with the following seen and photographed.

6014 on the 45
5254 on the X43
5338 on the 44
3833 on the 45
4847 on the 45
5237 on the X70

Can only think there would of been a few more missing off the Diamond/Red Kite Yesterday, and god knows what was on the Lime Yesterday, Might as well give Stanley half the investment for this year at this rate.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Scott - 18 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 2:53 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Could say the same about the Omnicity's on the Red Kite also, Stanley was pretty much odd workings Galore yesterday, with the following seen and photographed.

6014 on the 45
5254 on the X43
5338 on the 44
3833 on the 45
4847 on the 45
5237 on the X70

Can only think there would of been a few more missing off the Diamond/Red Kite Yesterday, and god knows what was on the Lime Yesterday, Might as well give Stanley half the investment for this year at this rate.

I ahve seen an increase on the branded vehicles and red northern vehicles being used on other services since the Riverside depot opened, so it may be that Stanley are trying to use vehciles as efficently as possible. It may also be that they are just going through as busy period of routine maintenance. I have to say most times I have seen the 45/46, it has always be operated by the correct branded vehicle.

The Diamond on the other hand does tend to have more B10BLEs operating on it than the Citaros. The back suspension on the Citaro never seems to stand up to loads well, as the back is often considerably lower than the front.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 18 Mar 2014

(18 Mar 2014, 10:44 am)Scott I ahve seen an increase on the branded vehicles and red northern vehicles being used on other services since the Riverside depot opened, so it may be that Stanley are trying to use vehciles as efficently as possible. It may also be that they are just going through as busy period of routine maintenance. I have to say most times I have seen the 45/46, it has always be operated by the correct branded vehicle.

The Diamond on the other hand does tend to have more B10BLEs operating on it than the Citaros. The back suspension on the Citaro never seems to stand up to loads well, as the back is often considerably lower than the front.

I think that maybe because at the bottom of Swalwell Bank the road is too low so the front of the bus needs to be lifted slightly by pressing a button which rises the bus up (just the Citaros, no other bus has this problem) to avoid the front end from hitting off the road. Some drivers seem to forget to lower the bus back down to normal level so the front end is higher than the rear. I think that this may be an explanation to why you see the rear lower than the front quite often.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Davey Bowyer - 18 Mar 2014

What GNE could do next yeat is this to displace the B7TL Gemini 1's to a more behind the scenes role:

- Acquire a B5TL demo for the X1 for one month and if successful, then do the following:

- Order 7 B5TL's to replace 6001 to 6007.
- 6001 to 6003 would go to CLS for the Angel.
- 6004 would be a spare for the TTX.
- 6005 would be a spare for the X1.
- 6006 would be a spare for the Angel with 3962 or 65 acting as a push comes to shove role.
- 6007 would be a spare for the TEN with 3941 or 42 acting as a push comes to shove role.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 18 Mar 2014

(18 Mar 2014, 6:36 pm)Davey Bowyer What GNE could do next yeat is this to displace the B7TL Gemini 1's to a more behind the scenes role:

- Acquire a B5TL demo for the X1 for one month and if successful, then do the following:

- Order 7 B5TL's to replace 6001 to 6007.
- 6001 to 6003 would go to CLS for the Angel.
- 6004 would be a spare for the TTX.
- 6005 would be a spare for the X1.
- 6006 would be a spare for the Angel with 3962 or 65 acting as a push comes to shove role.
- 6007 would be a spare for the TEN with 3941 or 42 acting as a push comes to shove role.

I'd have like this

6001/2 - Angel
6003/4 - Ten
6005 - TTX
6006 - Red Arrows
6007 - Red Spare (CLS)

Then the Gemini 1's would become Red Spares at there Current Depots for all Routes.