North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ne14ne1 - 11 Dec 2020

The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

https://flic.kr/p/2kfBnA3

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 11:44 am)Drifter60 wrote Brand looks alright, the red dot is a bit odd though. Biggest thing is I’m also surprised Southwick isn’t mentioned. If Marley Potts is to be included for reasons you mention - which sounds plausible - I’m not sure why they didn’t have Southwick on as well? 
The current website and timetable doesn’t mention Marley Potts anywhere, it has Hylton Castle & Southwick listed however. Is it possible that we may see a route change?

I can't remember what they said specifically, but I believe they said that all routes would be staying as they are now, there are no changes planned bar the potential extension to the 21

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - User2613 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 12:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

It’s worth noting that the altered vinyls still say up to every 7 minutes. I believe it was being questioned on here at some point whether the frequency was dropping to every 10 minutes permanently.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Andreos1 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 11:44 am)Drifter60 wrote Brand looks alright, the red dot is a bit odd though. Biggest thing is I’m also surprised Southwick isn’t mentioned. If Marley Potts is to be included for reasons you mention - which sounds plausible - I’m not sure why they didn’t have Southwick on as well? 
The current website and timetable doesn’t mention Marley Potts anywhere, it has Hylton Castle & Southwick listed however. Is it possible that we may see a route change?

To include Marley Pots would indicate it was going in there. Even if it was a prototype or draft. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they still added it. Even if it doesn't end up running through the estate. 
They've form for random things - like having the lambton worm used on routes which went nowhere near Worm Hill or Fatfield, having the 78 apparently named after the well known 'Coast and Country' cycle route it runs alongside, even though I've still to find a cycle route by that name and the route on North Tyneside which is named after a huge business park and doesn't go there... 

Then we've got the 21 getting new vinyls and it having no mention of the Arnison Centre, despite the relatively recent diversion to serve it.

In a nutshell. I've got no idea Big Grin

(11 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote To include Marley Pots would indicate it was going in there. Even if it was a prototype or draft. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they still added it. Even if it doesn't end up running through the estate. 
They've form for random things - like having the lambton worm used on routes which went nowhere near Worm Hill or Fatfield, having the 78 apparently named after the well known 'Coast and Country' cycle route it runs alongside, even though I've still to find a cycle route by that name and the route on North Tyneside which is named after a huge business park and doesn't go there... 

Then we've got the 21 getting new vinyls and it having no mention of the Arnison Centre, despite the relatively recent diversion to serve it.

In a nutshell. I've got no idea Big Grin

I'd imagine they won't be changing things like that until the extension to Brandon is either confirmed or scrapped

(11 Dec 2020, 12:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

[Image: OCD.jpg]

Whoever signed off on that needs fired, instantly.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Andreos1 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I'd imagine they won't be changing things like that until the extension to Brandon is either confirmed or scrapped 

[Image: OCD.jpg]

Whoever signed off on that needs fired, instantly.

In which case they might as well have not bothered turning the Gateshead Angel in to modern-day version of the Poddington Peas.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - big mac - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 12:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I can't remember what they said specifically, but I believe they said that all routes would be staying as they are now, there are no changes planned bar the potential extension to the 21
Is the Brandon extension "potential"? I thought VOSA already had a registration for it for 4th January.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

(11 Dec 2020, 4:37 pm)big mac wrote Is the Brandon extension "potential"?  I thought VOSA already had a registration for it for 4th January.

Yep, they specifically made a point that it was in consultation and depending on how the discussions with the councils go it may or may not go ahead.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - big mac - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 4:42 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Yep, they specifically made a point that it was in consultation and depending on how the discussions with the councils go it may or may not go ahead.
Ah right. So if it does go ahead, it'll be in January or at a later date?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - S813 FVK - 11 Dec 2020

I can't say I bought his answer on the Brandon extension at all. I have no experience in this process, but I would personally consult and then register a change rather than the other way around as is apparently being done here.

It all came across as not wanting to confirm the extension was definitely happening before the press release on the website while simultaneously feeling like he couldn't deny it given the registration had gone public on the VOSA site.

Obviously I could have interpreted it all wrong, but that's my view on it.

(11 Dec 2020, 5:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote I can't say I bought his answer on the Brandon extension at all. I have no experience in this process, but I would personally consult and then register a change rather than the other way around as is apparently being done here.

It all came across as not wanting to confirm the extension was definitely happening before the press release on the website while simultaneously feeling like he couldn't deny it given the registration had gone public on the VOSA site.

Obviously I could have interpreted it all wrong, but that's my view on it.

I can't say I disagree, he did seem like he was caught off guard a bit with that one.

But did he really expect to just get questions about the new City Rider and QuayCity liveries and a few fleet movements?!

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - EL1TE - 12 Dec 2020

Not necessarily a repaint but 3999 has gained Christmas themed vinyls and has some Christmas lights around it, just seen it pass through Low Fell, nice to see some festivity!

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 12 Dec 2020

(12 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm)EL1TE wrote Not necessarily a repaint but 3999 has gained Christmas themed vinyls and has some Christmas lights around it, just seen it pass through Low Fell, nice to see some festivity!

[Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

One of the Angels has as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - GNE6312 - 12 Dec 2020

(12 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

Looks good

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 12 Dec 2020

(12 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

3999 open top bus is now decorated:

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1337815702330290184?s=19

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ne14ne1 - 13 Dec 2020

Rear of the revised Angel branding trial.

https://flic.kr/p/2kgpUdw

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 13 Dec 2020

(13 Dec 2020, 3:14 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Rear of the revised Angel branding trial.

https://flic.kr/p/2kgpUdw

Looks much better, although I think the Tyne Bridge on the back looks like a bit of an afterthought, something just to fill the blank space

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 13 Dec 2020

(13 Dec 2020, 3:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Looks much better, although I think the Tyne Bridge on the back looks like a bit of an afterthought, something just to fill the blank space
Angel looks a bit more in proportion

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 15 Dec 2020

https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/1338550931848376322?s=21

Not a repaint but 6315 has gained Christmas vinyls and will be in service from tomorrow

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - idiot - 15 Dec 2020

I like the hat on the Angel. Not too keen on the xmas songs though ha, bit marmite. But it's different!

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 15 Dec 2020

(15 Dec 2020, 9:35 pm)idiot wrote I like the hat on the Angel. Not too keen on the xmas songs though ha, bit marmite. But it's different!

One great thing about shopping at Aldi and LIDL is the lack of background music. I actually forgot how awful Christmas music was until I went into Sainsburys yesterday and it was on full blast. I'd managed to avoid it until then.

I wonder if they have a PRS license, I remember MG mentioning it on one of the Facebook lives when someone asked about listening to music in the cab when there are no passengers.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - User2613 - 16 Dec 2020

(15 Dec 2020, 10:56 pm)streetdeckfan wrote One great thing about shopping at Aldi and LIDL is the lack of background music. I actually forgot how awful Christmas music was until I went into Sainsburys yesterday and it was on full blast. I'd managed to avoid it until then.

I wonder if they have a PRS license, I remember MG mentioning it on one of the Facebook lives when someone asked about listening to music in the cab when there are no passengers.

Would they need to have a PRS license for this? When MG mentioned it that was referring to a vehicle that has no passengers but one that was in service. This is a vehicle that is not in service so I’m not sure if the same rules would apply.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 16 Dec 2020

(16 Dec 2020, 2:03 am)User2613 wrote Would they need to have a PRS license for this? When MG mentioned it that was referring to a vehicle that has no passengers but one that was in service. This is a vehicle that is not in service so I’m not sure if the same rules would apply.

The Christmas Angel is in service though, isn't it?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Dan - 16 Dec 2020

(16 Dec 2020, 5:09 am)streetdeckfan wrote The Christmas Angel is in service though, isn't it?

Yes, so a licence has been obtained.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 19 Dec 2020

(10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]
If anyone didn’t see Martijn & Dan’s Q&A on Facebook this evening, the Fab Fifty Six is being rebranded to cityrider

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

When are the first of the "City Rider" B9's returning from refurbishment?

Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 20 Dec 2020

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but hey!

I think the 'were safe, wear a mask vinyl' looks much better, and far more effective next to the door like it is on the OmniCitys than on the windscreen, especially on the deckers where it's on the top window so nobody can see!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 01 Jan 2021

Hopefully from Monday, we see the Peterlee Solo's go in for repaint for their new brand.... Hope we see the return of the "East Durham" name... or "East Durham Links"

Go North East - Recent Repaints - cbma06 - 02 Jan 2021

(01 Jan 2021, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully from Monday, we see the Peterlee Solo's go in for repaint for their new brand.... Hope we see the return of the "East Durham" name... or "East Durham Links"

Hope not the east Durham brand , should of been the OK brand, with the Solos being branded the OK way similar to the old 18 at Bishop, the 55 could of been part of the brand as OK travel as it serves similar old ok route

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 02 Jan 2021

[Image: 50791580671_a5f97fa11b_c.jpg]Go North East 6049 / NK12 GDA by kieron mathews, on Flickr

6049 has been repainted into fleet livery.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - N1cholas - 08 Jan 2021

6090 Has been spotted (busesnortheast facebook page) upon return from bus & coach world and is at saltmedows in its very nice base colours before being branded for the newly branded CityRider 56, hopefully the rest of the first batch are due back too and it wont be too long before they return to service