North East Buses
Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 6:40 pm)cbma06 The 204/204A and 59 supposed to be operated by a corporate solo either 665 or 666, but as usually there’s a good Percentage there’s a Peterlee purple solo on, wasn’t it mentioned awhile ago that 2 services were going to Chester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the transfer of the Peterlee operations to Deptford (excluding service 204), I'd imagine service 59 should consistently be allocated a fleet livery Solo moving forwards - they have 665, 666 and 672 allocated.

Clearly with everything moving around today, today was always going to be a bit different.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 6:40 pm)cbma06 The 204/204A and 59 supposed to be operated by a corporate solo either 665 or 666, but as usually there’s a good Percentage there’s a Peterlee purple solo on, wasn’t it mentioned awhile ago that 2 services were going to Chester

Which depot does the cathedral buses?

I believe it used to be Consett, and now its CLS

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 6:46 pm)Dan With the transfer of the Peterlee operations to Deptford (excluding service 204), I'd imagine service 59 should consistently be allocated a fleet livery Solo moving forwards - they have 665, 666 and 672 allocated.

Clearly with everything moving around today, today was always going to be a bit different.

Do you happen to have a list of all the movements today? From what I can tell it's all of Peterlee's buses to Deptford, 6304/5/7 to Washington, 8341-46 to Percy Main, 5380-5388 to Percy Main but was wondering if there's any other's I've missed? I see the Omnicities have all been withdrawn from BusTimes as well, was wondering if they've been withdrawn or if someone's got carried away!

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm)peter Do you happen to have a list of all the movements today? From what I can tell it's all of Peterlee's buses to Deptford, 6304/5/7 to Washington, 8341-46 to Percy Main, 5380-5388 to Percy Main but was wondering if there's any other's I've missed? I see the Omnicities have all been withdrawn from BusTimes as well, was wondering if they've been withdrawn or if someone's got carried away!
All OmniCities have been withdrawn except 5272 or 5257.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 7:43 pm)Unber43 All OmniCities have been withdrawn except 5272 or 5257.

Seems odd to remove all the Omnicities from service - when they're euro 6.. unless its because of the electric buses arriving, which would allow the fleet movements to withdraw them anyway.

Any idea how long the last one in service has?

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm)Unber43 And it shouldn't be a Peterlee Purples Branded vehicle.
I don't think it was intended to be under the Peterlee Purples brand (it was never listed as so on the Website), it just happened to be because Peterlee's Solos were all in Purples livery.

Made more sense when it was called 'East Durham' (when it actually was under the brand) and 'indiGo'.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 27 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 7:43 pm)Unber43 All OmniCities have been withdrawn except 5272 or 5257.

Dan on twitter:

Only one left in service now should be 5257 (on service 29), pending results of contracts out to tender currently.

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1508110682478284806?t=ViQV-n92JnIcoDepFvCYPw&s=19

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - WestDurhamSwift - 28 Mar 2022

Wil miss the Omnicities

Not everybodies cup of tea, but spent alot of time on them when they were on the Red Kite, and later the Toonlink X30/X31. Always felt the power when sitting at the back on the way to work.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 28 Mar 2022

(28 Mar 2022, 8:43 am)Arcticrossy92 Wil miss the Omnicities

Not everybodies cup of tea, but spent alot of time on them when they were on the Red Kite, and later the Toonlink X30/X31. Always felt the power when sitting at the back on the way to work.
Didn't get to ride them enough to be honest. Never allocated permanently to the routes I used the most.
Whenever I did ride them, always enjoyed them.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 28 Mar 2022

I've never been a massive fan of them the couple of times I rode them, although I think that's mainly because I'm quite tall and found the seats far too close together to be comfortable (noticeably more so than other types) - however I can see why others like them.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 28 Mar 2022

I enjoyed them.

When they were first delivered they were randomly allocated to the 728/709 routes before moving onto their home as West Durham Swifts and they seemed luxury and revolutionary compared to previous allocations. The allocation to the X1 then 21 did temper my dislike for them a little.

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 28 Mar 2022

Article in the Northern Echo about Peterlee closure:

A COUNTY Durham bus depot has closed for good after bosses were forced to make a "difficult decision" to leave the site after a number of years.

The Go North East "outstation depot" in Peterlee officially closed on Saturday (March 26) just over two weeks after staff across the company were first told.

In an internal memo to drivers, the company said consultations with Unite the Union had begun as it said staff and services had been transferred to neighbouring depots.

The company said the decision to close the depot had been due to a change in landlord and from storm damage to a building it occupied as an office.

Following the closure, the company said the majority of services had been transferred to its depot in Sunderland, while the remainder had been moved to Chester-le-Street.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/20017980.go-north-east-makes-difficult-decision-closes-peterlee-depot/

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - BusLoverMum - 28 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 6:28 pm)Jimmi There's about a 1-2 mile difference between the two to reach Wheatley Hill/Thornley (Arnison Centre is irrelevant as there's no dead running from that end), also most of the Peterlee drivers who will likely already know the route will most likely be at Deptford now, CLS drivers would most likely need route learning to do it properly (or risk drivers just winging it)
And I've seen what happens when drivers wing it on that Quarrington Hill loop!

Yes, they were a nice ride. Like the citaros, I find the rumble more soothing than the whine of some other vehicles. The seats were grotty but comfortable (unlike the citaros!) and they felt sturdy.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - missedbus - 28 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm)peter Do you happen to have a list of all the movements today? From what I can tell it's all of Peterlee's buses to Deptford, 6304/5/7 to Washington, 8341-46 to Percy Main, 5380-5388 to Percy Main but was wondering if there's any other's I've missed? I see the Omnicities have all been withdrawn from BusTimes as well, was wondering if they've been withdrawn or if someone's got carried away!
649 from Deptford and 650-2 from Percy Main all to CLS. Not sure what the last three have replaced, but 709/22/4/5 all out of use today.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 29 Mar 2022

The return of the normal timetable on the X1 doesn't seem to be working out too well judging by the essay listed under short notice cancellations for the service today and yesterday. Hopefully there's no 9-5 workers in Peterlee relying on the service since after the 1653 departure the next three in a row are cancelled, meaning a wait until 1900. Hopefully some journeys will be reinstated of course but as it stands, not too an appealing an offer!

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 29 Mar 2022

(29 Mar 2022, 12:11 am)stagecoachbusdepot The return of the normal timetable on the X1 doesn't seem to be working out too well judging by the essay listed under short notice cancellations for the service today and yesterday.  Hopefully there's no 9-5 workers in Peterlee relying on the service since after the 1653 departure the next three in a row are cancelled, meaning a wait until 1900.  Hopefully some journeys will be reinstated of course but as it stands, not too an appealing an offer!

I notice the only journey from Peterlee which is now cancelled is the 18:00, and the 15:20 commencing from Washington Galleries at 16:09.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 02 Apr 2022

Is the X11 coming back this year?

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 02 Apr 2022

(02 Apr 2022, 9:00 am)Michael Is the X11 coming back this year?
I'm surprised it wasn't announced alongside Toontour. Same with the B1

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 02 Apr 2022

(02 Apr 2022, 9:48 am)Train8261 I'm surprised it wasn't announced alongside Toontour. Same with the B1
I doubt the B1 will be back

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 02 Apr 2022

What's changing on the X85 on Monday?