North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1247)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 3:39 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote There is alot of examples on the GNE Fleetlist which I have spotted, Best example being the "Blaydon Racers" Citaros as there are all in one group with only the Last Letter being Different E.g. 5275 to 5283 are all NK07 KP* .

Another Example again is Citaros but this time the Diamond Examples which are Half and Half, E.g. 5284 to 5288 are all NK08 CF* and 5289 to 5297 are all NK08 CG*. I think maybe from I noted in my previous post that the New Citaros will be Reg Plated Half and Half just like the Diamond examples are.

So that'll mean Half will be BX63 BC* and Half BX63 BD* which is basically what I was trying to point out in my original post.

There has always been some sort of pattern, like the Sxxx OFT/FVK Olympians, Sxxx ONL DAF's, gtomlinsons ex-airport Waggonways - even going back to the 'UPT xxx' VR's, 'FTN xxx' Nationals, 'Cxxx OCN' Metrobuses etc.
Even the second hand tat tends to have a similar reg like Rxxx LGH.

Whether it is like this with this batch, we will just have to wait and see!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 4:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote There has always been some sort of pattern, like the Sxxx OFT/FVK Olympians, Sxxx ONL DAF's, gtomlinsons ex-airport Waggonways - even going back to the 'UPT xxx' VR's, 'FTN xxx' Nationals, 'Cxxx OCN' Metrobuses etc.
Even the second hand tat tends to have a similar reg like Rxxx LGH.

Whether it is like this with this batch, we will just have to wait and see!

That was pretty common for vehicles registered before 2001, though. With the new system, it's a lot harder to achieve and hence, we enthusiasts can't really predict what the registrations will be - any patterns are completely coincidental based on when they were registered.

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm)Daniel wrote That was pretty common for vehicles registered before 2001, though. With the new system, it's a lot harder to achieve and hence, we enthusiasts can't really predict what the registrations will be - any patterns are completely coincidental based on when they were registered.

That's not entirely true either. The patterns nowadays aren't completely coincidental. Prior to 2001, the first and last three characters were usually constant in a batch, as was the first of the numbers in series where three numbers were used. Apart from numbers that were omitted or unavailable, the second & third numbers usually formed a predictable sequence.

With the new system, the first five characters are almost always constant within a batch (cf. the five constant characters above). The final two characters are entirely unpredictable - they usually increase with fleet number though not in a complete series - as I said earlier, in most cases they are applied in order based on what's available - e.g. the 52 plate MPDs are in order, but missing AWI, AWQ (I & Q being unused in the system) and AWK, AWL, AWS, AWT (presumably these were unavailable).

So - the patterns aren't completely coincidental, but they also aren't predictable. This latest batch is no different to any other, in that the first part will be constant and the latter characters will vary according to what's available. It's nonsense to suggest that half will be BCx and half will be BDx just because this happened to be the split in a previous batch - that's the bit that's completely down to chance. They'll use BCx until they run out then BDx then BEx as necessary etc.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 25 Sep 2013

Just to be clear about the registrations on the new Citaro's - these were all arranged through Evobus as part of the purchase and were all registered through them. GNE did not have anything to do with what registrations are on this vehicles.

(25 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm)Acky81 wrote Daniel gne should know about the destination blind it's been like this for weeks but they are choosing to ignore it

I cannot believe this statement. Why would we choose to ignore such an important item. 8306 has been checked in the Depot and was found to be in working order. If it is an intermittent fault (ie a loose wire, which is only causing an issue only when the vehicle is going down the road) it is sometimes hard to track down. Personally I was unaware of 8309, but since I now know, I will find out about it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - big mac - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 3:21 pm)W179SCU wrote The ''Coaster'' service 1 reliability is starting to become awful, which isn't surprising really. The Gateshead ones are perfect, but the ones extending to Wrekenton/Kibblesworth are always late.

They have been running together today, which is really annoying. For example, the 08:15 service from Churchill Street didn't turn up until just before 08:30, and it was packed, then the 08:30 came spot on time, empty Undecided I always knew extending the 1 to Wrekenton would be a bad idea, why didn't they just extend the 24 to Newcastle again?

I presume because they didn't want to do this and keep the frequency of the 24 at every 20 minutes. If they had extended the 24 and reduced its frequency to every 30 minutes, the journey times would have meant it would have been difficult to interwork it with anything else, so the easier option was to alter the Coaster instead.

One thing I've noticed is that there seems to have been very few people ever waiting for it at Pilgrim Street since the changes.

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 25 Sep 2013

Don't forget Citaros 5328-5336 are registered BJ10xxx. BJ being another Birmingham area code too. Dealer stock control again. The majority of new Citaros carry a Birmingham B area plate, think there's only specific cases where they aren't like GNE's older ones. Look at the bendies GNE have too - BL, BP, BX.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 3:34 pm)Michael wrote Cheer's

Versa's will be 8339+?
What about the Streetlites? - what fleet number will they have?

We can expect the Solo SRs to be 641-652, following on from the current Solo SRs (inc. Hybrids) in the fleet.
We can expect the same for the B9s - 6084-6117.

The Versas are of a different length and therefore have a different seating capacity to the current Versas within the fleet - we can therefore assume that they won't be 8339+, but I'm sure we'll have this confirmed nearer the time.

As for the Streetlites - let's wait until they're due to arrive. Tongue

Can anyone confirm if there were any Citaros registered in the Birmingham area in early 2008?
Specifically begining with the prefix BJ?
It would be kind of ironic if they ended up on the 69....

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote Can anyone confirm if there were any Citaros registered in the Birmingham area in early 2008?
Specifically begining with the prefix BJ?
It would be kind of ironic if they ended up on the 69....

Immature! Tongue

Some of the Go North East bendies have 'BP57' plates?

(25 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Immature! Tongue

Some of the Go North East bendies have 'BP57' plates?

It is like something Ken would come up with!

It made me chuckle anyway haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 25 Sep 2013

Having looked at the 1/1A timetable the 08.20 from churchill street commences from gateshead so doesn't operate to wrekenton. Having a standing time of 7 mins at whitley bay & 11 mins at wrekenton buses shouldn't be bunched up unless its a problem outside gne control. I must say everytime i've passed through wrekenton a coaster bus has been sat on stand with the hazards flashing, so it doesn't seem to me that there's a timing problem and through low fell buses dont seem to be in too much of a hurry.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Sland2000 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm)cbma06 wrote Just been on the Nexus website and went into journey planner, put a date of 5/11/13 between Houghton and Bournmoor, and it comes up with service number 4.

Looks like it has a journey time of 1 hour between Houghton and Heworth, at present the M1 takes 50 minutes between Houghton and Heworth. unless the service 4 has been giving extra running time.

Looks like it may be missing Penshaw out which is disappointing and timings it does seem to taking longer from Shiney Row

(25 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm)Sland2000 wrote Looks like it may be missing Penshaw out which is disappointing and timings it does seem to taking longer from Shiney Row

No its not missing Penshaw out.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Sland2000 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 9:51 pm)citaro5284 wrote No its not missing Penshaw out.

Well that's good news although for some reason I can't get it on the traveline

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 26 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm)Sland2000 wrote Looks like it may be missing Penshaw out which is disappointing and timings it does seem to taking longer from Shiney Row

The 4 will take 50 minutes Houghton-Heworth. See below.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 26 Sep 2013

Citaros BX63BCX/Z have arrived.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 26 Sep 2013

(26 Sep 2013, 11:13 am)Daniel wrote Citaros BX63BCX/Z have arrived.

Is that 8 now?, iv'e lost track they all coming in so fast

(26 Sep 2013, 11:42 am)Michael wrote Is that 8 now?, iv'e lost track they all coming in so fast

Yes, with the final three also expected today.

(26 Sep 2013, 11:44 am)Daniel wrote Yes, with the final three also expected today.

that was bloody fast, can see them getting branded up soon after the key machines is installed =D

PB0002400/484 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Peterlee Bus Station given service number X7 effective from 17-Nov-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

Was pointed out on here yesterday for the new timetable but anyway here's the VOSA post.

PB0003954/454 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between newcastle Central Station and Gateshead Interchange given service number Q1-Quaylink effective from 17-Nov-2013. To amend Route.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 26 Sep 2013

Wonder what the route changes are

(26 Sep 2013, 11:44 am)Daniel wrote Yes, with the final three also expected today.

Further to the Citaro arrivals earlier today (BX63BCV/Z), a single Citaro has arrived in the form of BX63BCK .

(26 Sep 2013, 3:02 pm)Daniel wrote Further to the Citaro arrivals earlier today (BX63BCV/Z), a single Citaro has arrived in the form of BX63BCK .

So all have arrived?

(26 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote So all have arrived?

Still two more to arrive. I hadn't expected a single arrival this afternoon, but a group of three...

(26 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm)Daniel wrote Still two more to arrive. I hadn't expected a single arrival this afternoon, but a group of three...

Sorry was a little confused =), they should arrive tomorrow.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 26 Sep 2013

Q1 change is interesting.

Nexus have much of a say in this one?

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 26 Sep 2013

(26 Sep 2013, 3:56 pm)gtomlinson wrote Q1 change is interesting.

Nexus have much of a say in this one?

I would have thought a lot of say since they pay for it.

Are the new citaro's the K series, just no one has confirmed unless iv'e missed it

(26 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm)Michael wrote Are the new citaro's the K series, just no one has confirmed unless iv'e missed it

Measuring 10.5 metres in length, the Citaro K is the shortest Citaro of Mercedes' regular service range. It can carry 87 passengers in total.

The Citaros we have just had delivered are just the usual Citaros we have at present (so they're longer than 10.5m). You will notice that the emergency exit is in the middle of the bus as opposed to the rear, so the internal configuration may be slightly different.