North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm)56everyday wrote Very dissatisfied with my trip on Drifter 5375 on the X66 today. Comfy enough but the bus in general seems to whine a lot. Also there was a capacity issue. In addition, normally when an X66 pulls into Metrocentre behind schedule with a big que, the bus station manager will check tickets and passes and accept boarding onto the rear doors of the Mercedes. This cannot be done and so the service loses further time. The driver made comment to another driver that he did not like the bus, too light and, in comparison to anything else, rattles a lot and is uncomfortable, seemed to be very unimpressed with throttle response and the steering.

In addition, as my username suggests I was on the 56 today, as I am everyday. Had a small brainwave, when the 56 was on diversion due to works at Nissan, the service was never late reaching Concord. The bus company would benefit, in my opinion, from running the service along the diversionary route as standard, serving Nissan Factory in time for shift changes so as to still facilitate the transportation of workers to and from the plant.

Additionally, was fortunate enough to have to ride the 42 today. I felt the vehicle accelerates very harshly. Is there a system which has replaced RIBUS keys to alert the driver to overenthusiastic acceleration?

Just on the first point, I believe that the queues and delays will be resolved when investment comes. It was previously suggested when the 11.7m Optare Versas were rumoured, that it would be an adequate replacement for the articulated Citaros, with an increased PVR, to provide the same amount of seats per hour.

On the point about the Streetlite Max themselves. I'd be a bit shocked if GNE decide to order more, based on their results early in their life on the Drifter services. Compare that to the performance they've had out of the 11.7m Versas, then I'd go as far as saying it's a no brainer. Although I'd assume that testing the vehicle on route this past week will determine additional stats, such as the economy they get out of the vehicle, and how well it handles the route.

I wasn't aware that the telematics system had been replaced? I'd assume if they changed it on one vehicle type, they'd have to change it on the lot?

RE: Go North East - Latest - 56everyday - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm)aureolin wrote Just on the first point, I believe that the queues and delays will be resolved when investment comes. It was previously suggested when the 11.7m Optare Versas were rumoured, that it would be an adequate replacement for the articulated Citaros, with an increased PVR, to provide the same amount of seats per hour.

On the point about the Streetlite Max themselves. I'd be a bit shocked if GNE decide to order more, based on their results early in their life on the Drifter services. Compare that to the performance they've had out of the 11.7m Versas, then I'd go as far as saying it's a no brainer. Although I'd assume that testing the vehicle on route this past week will determine additional stats, such as the economy they get out of the vehicle, and how well it handles the route.

I wasn't aware that the telematics system had been replaced? I'd assume if they changed it on one vehicle type, they'd have to change it on the lot?

I would be all for an increased PVR... if that means more vehicles out on the route at any one time. In addition, I would quite like to see an Optare Versa in gold with the X66 branding.

On your point regarding the Streetlite Max, I do hope you're right. I hate the things. I will wait on Ryhope Road for a 23, 24, 42, or 61 coming if possible to avoid the Streetlite vehicles currently operating Drifter service 60. That said, I had an old Wright Renown on the Drifter service 60 the other day and found it to be whole lot more pleasant for the passenger. Which also got me thinking, a Streetlite Max in corporate livery anyone? I'm sure that bus will suit the red.

I am not aware either that the telematics system has been replaced as I saw it on 4962 whilst operating the 939. It frequently gave the driver an earful of beeping for various reasons which actually weren't required as being on a workers service I was quite desperate just to get home and harsh acceleration aided this nicely. Though, on East Lancs B7TLs, Plaxton B7TLs, B9TLs, 5000+ numbered B10BLEs, Omnicities, SB120s, Versas, Streetlites, B5LHs, and Solos, I cannot see any evidence of the system being in existence and operation...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 8:37 pm)56everyday wrote I would be all for an increased PVR... if that means more vehicles out on the route at any one time. In addition, I would quite like to see an Optare Versa in gold with the X66 branding.

On your point regarding the Streetlite Max, I do hope you're right. I hate the things. I will wait on Ryhope Road for a 23, 24, 42, or 61 coming if possible to avoid the Streetlite vehicles currently operating Drifter service 60. That said, I had an old Wright Renown on the Drifter service 60 the other day and found it to be whole lot more pleasant for the passenger. Which also got me thinking, a Streetlite Max in corporate livery anyone? I'm sure that bus will suit the red.

I am not aware either that the telematics system has been replaced as I saw it on 4962 whilst operating the 939. It frequently gave the driver an earful of beeping for various reasons which actually weren't required as being on a workers service I was quite desperate just to get home and harsh acceleration aided this nicely. Though, on East Lancs B7TLs, Plaxton B7TLs, B9TLs, 5000+ numbered B10BLEs, Omnicities, SB120s, Versas, Streetlites, B5LHs, and Solos, I cannot see any evidence of the system being in existence and operation...

BIB: I take it then you will be avoiding the 23 in the near future, when Arriva place their Streetlites into service on 23s.

(27 Aug 2014, 8:46 pm)Kuyoyo wrote BIB: I take it then you will be avoiding the 23 in the near future, when Arriva place their Streetlites into service on 23s.

You are sh*tt*ng me I hope? Are you serious, more of them? S*d it I'll walk up a stop and get the 29 or 39.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 27 Aug 2014

RIBAS is still active on all cls vehicles. No longer key operated and smaller boxes.

RE: Go North East - Latest - PH - BQA - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:04 pm)56everyday wrote You are sh*tt*ng me I hope? Are you serious, more of them? S*d it I'll walk up a stop and get the 29 or 39.
Never having been on one before, what is so bad with them?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:04 pm)56everyday wrote You are sh*tt*ng me I hope? Are you serious, more of them? S*d it I'll walk up a stop and get the 29 or 39.

What would you do if a the buses in your area went to streetlite?

I think there alright

(27 Aug 2014, 9:04 pm)nk55 wrote RIBAS is still active on all cls vehicles. No longer key operated and smaller boxes.

Oh, I see... Hence I haven't seen them then!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:05 pm)mb134 wrote Never having been on one before, what is so bad with them?

They're just noisy. The WiFi doesn't work. The seats are uncomfortable. The next stop announcements sound more miserable than me. And they rattle a lot...

(27 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm)Michael wrote What would you do if a the buses in your area went to streetlite?

I think there alright

I'd walk it, it'll only take me fifteen minutes to the interchange...

(27 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)56everyday wrote They're just noisy. The WiFi doesn't work. The seats are uncomfortable. The next stop announcements sound more miserable than me. And they rattle a lot...
Pretty much an E400, Arriva passengers won't mind them at all then!!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)56everyday wrote They're just noisy. The WiFi doesn't work. The seats are uncomfortable. The next stop announcements sound more miserable than me. And they rattle a lot...

Well most of the WIFI doesnt work on some of the buses, it happens, its currently getting fixed..

Some of the B10's rattle, the vykings are terrible...do u aviod them?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Aug 2014

No. Arriva taking 5 for Durham depot to work the 23 with e-leather seats and WiFi.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)mb134 wrote Pretty much an E400, Arriva passengers won't mind them at all then!!

Actually, having been on Streetlites elsewhere in the country and likely to be trying the first Arriva ones on their first day out, I don't find them too bad. I've not actually been on a Drifter example yet but having been on 2 of the Saltwell Park ones, they seem decent.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)mb134 wrote Pretty much an E400, Arriva passengers won't mind them at all then!!

Not familiar with Arriva's E400s unfortunately... or fortunately...

(27 Aug 2014, 9:12 pm)56everyday wrote Not familiar with Arriva's E400s unfortunately... or fortunately...
Ask Davey Bowyer about them, big fan Wink

(27 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm)Michael wrote Well most of the WIFI doesnt work on some of the buses, it happens.
The B10's rattle, the vykings are terrible...

I never seem to have a problem on the 56, 10, or X1

But B10s and Vykings have an excuse... they're old

(27 Aug 2014, 9:12 pm)mb134 wrote Ask Davey Bowyer about them, big fan Wink

Who is this bloke I've only been here two hours and I've been told to speak to him twice?

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 27 Aug 2014

The Wi-Fi was not configured correctly before; as such, with the "Moovbox" SSID, one could automatically connect to the Wi-Fi without having to accept the terms and conditions or see any Icomera landing screen.

The Wi-Fi is now configured correctly, with the SSIDs now showing as "go-northeast-wifi" or something similar. Other than having to accept the terms and conditions, the process has not changed and I can still use the Wi-Fi on the Drifter fine.

Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:13 pm)56everyday wrote Who is this bloke I've only been here two hours and I've been told to speak to him twice?

He's notorious for his valiant struggles in the engine market. I'm no good with engines, so I don't really understand it.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm)Michael wrote Well most of the WIFI doesnt work on some of the buses, it happens, its currently getting fixed..

As for walking 15 mins to the interchange, thats daft, sorry but because its a certain bus u dont like u avoid the route.
I beg to differ! There is now only a few buses which are yet to be checked, so I discovered today, which means that the Wi-Fi on almost all 120 vehicles works.

If Andreos managed to connect to the Wi-Fi on the 4, Icomera must be doing the job correctly!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm)Dan wrote The Wi-Fi was not configured correctly before; as such, with the "Moovbox" SSID, one could automatically connect to the Wi-Fi without having to accept the terms and conditions or see any Icomera landing screen.

The Wi-Fi is now configured correctly, with the SSIDs now showing as "go-northeast-wifi" or something similar. Other than having to accept the terms and conditions, the process has not changed and I can still use the Wi-Fi on the Drifter fine.

I will, reluctantly, get on two tomorrow and try... Anything is better than doing nothing.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:13 pm)56everyday wrote I never seem to have a problem on the 56, 10, or X1

But B10s and Vykings have an excuse... they're old

Not really, yes there old but they still rattle, some are even worse than the streetlite

(27 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm)Marcus wrote He's notorious for his valiant struggles in the engine market. I'm no good with engines, so I don't really understand it.

I will look forward to meeting him. I am sure he will agree that engine is one problem, shoddy build is another, combining to cause a big problem for society.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm)Michael wrote Well most of the WIFI doesnt work on some of the buses, it happens, its currently getting fixed..

I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!

Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:17 pm)Michael wrote Not really, yes there old but they still rattle, some are even worse than the streetlite

Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm)Marcus wrote Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

Oh dear - if we have one of them it'll be up in flames after a day.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:16 pm)Dan wrote I beg to differ! There is now only a few buses which are yet to be checked, so I discovered today, which means that the Wi-Fi on almost all 120 vehicles works.

If Andreos managed to connect to the Wi-Fi on the 4, Icomera must be doing the job correctly!

I havent being on a GNE bus for a while, as i dont have my pass atm.

Ah good, ill be able to connect the WIFI on the 4 on my 10 min journey when i restart my uni course.. Big Grin

(27 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm)Tom wrote I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!
I had the joy of one on the 49 earlier... Late, as you'd imagine, and the driver stopped for a rest on the bank - which is when the 49 behind (a Merc) overtook!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm)Marcus wrote Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

Oh yes!!! Give me one of those any day!!! They were hopeless... Whenever a 28 didn't turn up I assumed it had stopped and Beamish too long and got taken in as an exhibit.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm)Tom wrote I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!

If 1 turned up on a route i need, i would get on, if i like ot or not.

Same as when the lime gets new buses... what ever it is, ill still get on it...