North East Buses
2015/16 Football Season - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2015/16 Football Season (/showthread.php?tid=1497)

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MurdnunoC - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 6:49 pm)MrFozz I remember you the same this time last year, I am of the same opinion these days, given Borini hardly played last season,  I reckon a few Sunderland supporters struggle to see past the goals he scored against Newcastle and the League Cup Final...

You never know, it might turn out good, I a certain striker signing back in 1997 who became a prolific goal scorer in his fee seasons...

At the a lot of a people said 'Kevin Who'

I think there's a world of difference between Kevin Phillips and Fabio Borini. 

Phillips was moving onwards and upwards with his move to Sunderland; it was largely recognised as career advancement. Borini, on the other hand, has a few decent outings at Sunderland while being on loan from Liverpool, snubbed Sunderland for whatever reason, then lingered on the subs bench for most of last season. He may well undergo a career resurgence, who knows? But I don't think it's possible to draw comparisons between a progressive Phillips and a stagnant Borini.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 7:11 pm)MurdnunoC I think there's a world of difference between Kevin Phillips and Fabio Borini. 

Phillips was moving onwards and upwards with his move to Sunderland; it was largely recognised as career advancement. Borini, on the other hand, has a few decent outings at Sunderland while being on loan from Liverpool, snubbed Sunderland for whatever reason, then lingered on the subs bench for most of last season. He may well undergo a career resurgence, who knows? But I don't think it's possible to draw comparisons between a progressive Phillips and a stagnant Borini.

Good point mate...maybe Kevin Phillips is a poor comparison

I think we can at least agree with each other on, his value.

I must say he did grab some valuable goals, which without them, may have Sunderland relegated in 2014...But as you have said last year, he needs to be doing that every week as that is what he is employed to do

2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 31 Aug 2015

I think what I was trying to say about Kevin Phillips was the fact a lot of my friends did not expect much of him as he was unknown, and although Borini is well known, people may not expect much from onlt to be surprised later, he may prove people wrong.

Borini is not the worst forward, but I rate him over Fletcher and anyone else Sunderland recenty had, Altidore and Whickham.

One thing I would like to see at Sunderland this season is Duncan Watmore getting more playing as he seems to have turned games around when he comes on

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 01 Sep 2015

Deadline day! Tongue

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 01 Sep 2015

(01 Sep 2015, 9:01 am)Michael Deadline day!
Shame Harry Redknapp is not in a job...

It has become a deadline day tradition for Harry to be interviewed the window of his motor Big Grin

(01 Sep 2015, 9:08 am)MrFozz Shame Harry Redknapp is not in a job...

It has become a deadline day tradition for Harry to be interviewed the window of his motor Big Grin

He might just do one to troll hahaha

REMINDER, ITS A 6PM DEADLINE THIS YEAR!

We need to sign a defender...

Why 6pm I thought it was 5 normally?

I see Adnan Januzaj has to Germany on Loan, despite Sunderland being interested in taking hin on loan

(01 Sep 2015, 9:10 am)MrFozz Why 6pm I thought it was 5 normally?

I see Adnan Januzaj has to Germany on Loan, despite Sunderland being interested in taking hin on loan

Normally midnight but this year because its landed a day after bank holiday or something its 6pm.... also another reason is because UEFA or whoever want the teams euro squads.... -.-

Ah right

(01 Sep 2015, 9:14 am)MrFozz Ah right

Spoils the fun of waiting until midnight for it to shut...=(

(01 Sep 2015, 9:17 am)Michael Spoils the fun of waiting until midnight for it to shut...=(
I know what you mean mate...

It gets to like 11:55pm and we are waiting to hear if that deal will go through before midnight Big Grin

Sunderland AFC have completed the signing of defender DeAndre Yedlin on a season-long loan deal from Tottenham Hotspur.

They were also trying for Jonathan De Guzman who turned down Sunderland and some Colombian who, despite a.supposed fee of £16m, Sunderland apparantly tried to drop the fee to £12m

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Diamond One - 08 Sep 2015

I bet Gibraltar really 8 Poland now as Poland won 8-1 Gibralter are worse than San Marino

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 08 Sep 2015

(08 Sep 2015, 2:41 am)Diamond One I bet Gibraltar really 8 Poland now as Poland won 8-1 Gibralter are worse than San Marino
I would say there on a par with San Marino...

Shame we wont see Gibraltar again for the next 3 years...

Gibraltar actually did manage to do something that San Marino have not yet done this campaign...

Score a goal Big Grin

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Tom - 08 Sep 2015

San Marino have scored tonight v Lithuania!

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 08 Sep 2015

(08 Sep 2015, 8:24 pm)Tom San Marino have scored tonight v Lithuania!

Holy jesus! Get the beer out!

(08 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm)Michael Holy jesus! Get the beer out!

Haha yeah! Might even win tonight you never know. 

And Wayne Rooney has equalled the record.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 08 Sep 2015

(08 Sep 2015, 8:28 pm)Tom Haha yeah! Might even win tonight you never know. 

And Wayne Rooney has equalled the record.

I really hope they win.

I thought if Rooney scored tonight he would become all time England scorer?

(08 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm)Michael I really hope they win.

I thought if Rooney scored tonight he would become all time England scorer?

Yeah your right not even sure why I said that especially as I'm watching it!