North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm)Michael Which will be rubbish like the last one.

Expect it'll be a cheap temporary job like the old X9/X10 was before its new buses arrived (the last livery the B7s wore)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm)Dan The vehicles are certainly due a repaint, and the brand itself is certainly due for a little touch up... It must have been 2008/09 when it was first introduced?
I have noticed one Solar has been VOR for the past week or so - perhaps a sign that these vehicles are now struggling and would be better to put them on less demanding routes.

Going from mine and your idea on the 9, what would u brand the Omni's for the 9.

Ye i noticed this on the FAB 56 scanias to, think the 56 got new buses at the right time.

The fast cats does need a fresh up, wonder how much of a change it would be, hopefully they keep the cats.

RE: Go North East - Latest - minibus1474 - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm)Michael I like the fast cats brand, its different but think its time for an upgrade.

Time for Fast Cats brand to be killed off.

Northern buses should be used, as the service is only every 30 mins with no Eve/Sun service. Keep Scanias on it, but use 4926 to 4931.

Remember that GNE have stated over the last year that only routes that run every 15 mins or better would be branded, and all others would join Northern brand when they come up for repaint/replacement.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:32 pm)Michael Going from mine and your idea on the 9, what would u brand the Omni's for the 9.

Ye i noticed this on the FAB 56 scanias to, think the 56 got new buses at the right time.

The fast cats does need a fresh up, wonder how much of a change it would be, hopefully they keep the cats.

I believe (but could be wrong) the Omnicity vehicles on the 9 were down to be branded last time there was a consultation for the service, so it would make sense to carry on that plan from before.
Whatever their livery design may be, I do think it will be on a red base livery (as they carry presently), if not generic Go North East.

(17 Dec 2013, 7:36 pm)Dan I believe (but could be wrong) the Omnicity vehicles on the 9 were down to be branded last time there was a consultation for the service, so it would make sense to carry on that plan from before.
Whatever their livery design may be, I do think it will be on a red base livery (as they carry presently), if not generic Go North East.

Cross Tyne.. on a red base?
That might be alright.

(17 Dec 2013, 7:37 pm)Michael Cross Tyne.. on a red base?
That might be alright.

Maybe our resident paper bus designer Adam Malarkey could come up with a few ideas if he's bored and has a bit of time on his hands this evening?
Just don't make Liam do it again... His paper bus didn't look half as good as the real thing! Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:35 pm)benwell3031 Time for Fast Cats brand to be killed off.

Northern buses should be used, as the service is only every 30 mins with no Eve/Sun service. Keep Scanias on it, but use 4926 to 4931.

Remember that GNE have stated over the last year that only routes that run every 15 mins or better would be branded, and all others would join Northern brand when they come up for repaint/replacement.

Im not picking at straws but the X35 is a 30 minute service same as the X21, and the X21 is getting upgraded

RE: Go North East - Latest - minibus1474 - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm)cbma06 Im not picking at straws but the X35 is a 30 minute service same as the X21, and the X21 is getting upgraded

Just because its getting cascaded Mercs doesn't mean it will be branded, it could get red Northern Mercs !!

(17 Dec 2013, 7:52 pm)benwell3031 Just because its getting cascaded Mercs doesn't mean it will be branded, it could get red Northern Mercs !!

If it was to get cascaded Mercs, it probably would receive branding because of the vehicle type alone.
Despite this, I was once told on the Open Line facility that the general rule was that a service/brand network had to have at least 6 vehicles to justify branding - nothing in regards to frequency. There of course have been plenty of exceptions to this since I was told alone, nevermind in the past...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:52 pm)benwell3031 Just because its getting cascaded Mercs doesn't mean it will be branded, it could get red Northern Mercs !!

Funny when all of Percy Main's Citaros are said to be transferring, and an improved frequency is rumoured.

Also, I believe, wasn't said services with a PVR of less than 4 would not be branded (with the exception of the 18 in Bishop Auckland)? The X35 has a PVR of 6, plus like previously said the brand is now getting to 5 years old, so they will be due repaints and a brand refresh shortly.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm)Dan The vehicles are certainly due a repaint, and the livery itself is certainly due for a little touch up... It must have been 2008/09 when it was first introduced, so it's been approximately five years?
I have noticed one Solar has been VOR for the past week or so - perhaps a sign that these vehicles are now struggling and would be better to put them on less demanding routes.

That was the plan for 4906, 4907, 4908 and 4909 but they still ended up on the X7...

(17 Dec 2013, 8:14 pm)northtynelinks2 That was the plan for 4906, 4907, 4908 and 4909 but they still ended up on the X7...

Volvos (usually) are more reliable than other vehicles in the GNE fleet. I think that's why they ended up on the "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 service - on a trial basis only.
As soon as Go North East realised that the service had potential and needed to be upgraded to secure custom, trials for other vehicles took place.
When suitable vehicles are available, they will worm their way to Peterlee for the X7..!

This is what i think the fab fifty six livery should of looked like, or i tried to make what i think it should look like Tongue:

(17 Dec 2013, 8:19 pm)northtynelinks2 This is what i think the fab fifty six livery should of looked like, or i tried to make what i think it should look like Tongue:

Yes, that looks much better

(17 Dec 2013, 8:28 pm)Michael Yes, that looks much better

I know, it has a lot more key places on the route and doesnt look as plain at the bottom, that will really spoil it, unless thats a advertising space, which i highly doubt.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rob - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 8:02 pm)Kuyoyo Funny when all of Percy Main's Citaros are said to be transferring, and an improved frequency is rumoured.

Are they? Is there? I am under the impression that the X21 is a double decker operation for a reason.

(17 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm)Adam Malarkey Tom noted a few days ago on the Rare and Odd Working Thread that Omnicity 5255 had been Repainted Blue which I think adds to the Speculation of what will be happening with the Omnicities. I think the Blue Base Livery alone may Indicate that the Branding could have something to do with the River Wear/Tyne perhaps, But there are other Posibilities from my point of view which are as Follows

- WheyAye50 gets an Increased Frequency to Every 20 Minutes
- X30/X31 Under a New Brand
- 9 Under a New Brand
- Extra Spare for the Coaster

5255-60 were always down to be repainted blue for service 50.
There are six buses at present, there will be six buses post-upgrade.

5255 is painted blue due to the 50/50A PVR is 6?

I also didnt expect 5205 to go black.

They could be for any service.. we will have to wait and see.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm)Dan 5255-60 were always down to be repainted blue for service 50.
There are six buses at present, there will be six buses post-upgrade.

Yes that's correct, I realised my error after I posted, got myself confused with the Fleet Numbers and trying to keep up with the Repaints as I was in the Middle of updating my Fleetlist so we'll take the 50 out of the equation and the other Possibilities shall remain.

Im also trying to keep up with re-paints and deliveries