North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 8:49 am)Daniel wrote I'll go through my photos shortly to see which one it was. The Park ones were next to the cab (opposite the front right seat as you enter). Was great!

Yeah, I love seeing things like that! - 3871 in it's early days at Percy Main had ''Sir Bobby Robson'' interior branding for a while. And 8170/5 when they were at Percy Main for the 17 had interior Saltwell Park stickers next to the cab, and 8170 had a grey nameplate on the offside! Brilliant!

8223 also had a ''Blaydon Racers'' welcome aboard sticker Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)W179SCU wrote 8223 also had a ''Blaydon Racers'' welcome aboard sticker Big Grin

There is still one Gateshead-based one which carries full interior branding for the "Blaydon Racers", isn't there? Or has it been removed since I last had a ride of it?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 8:56 am)Daniel wrote There is still one Gateshead-based one which carries full interior branding for the "Blaydon Racers", isn't there? Or has it been removed since I last had a ride of it?

When I had 8225 a month ago, that did have a full interior branding for the Blaydon Racers, but couldn't tell you if it still retains it! I haven't been on a SPD for ages!

Go North East - Part 19 - legend - 20 Aug 2013

Poppy Bus 4949 on the Orbit 51

RE: Go North East - Latest - LVK 404L - 20 Aug 2013

Centurion 5151 is on service 9 Sunderland to North Shields today

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 20 Aug 2013

Yellow Bus 3826 on the Orbit 52
fab fifty Six 5203 and 5210 both running in unison on service 56, attempting to determine which is late. Could be an opportunity for the twins photo if anyone is looking for a good shot... Leaving Wrekenton 11:35.
Update 5203 on radio is the late bus. This service is now N.I.S. running the 56 route. Driver estimated he is 12 minutes late.
fab fifty Six 5203 is now back in service on service 56 departing Usworth Coilery at 11:48
5203 unloading EVERYBODY at Sulgrave, passengers being transferred to 5210.
One of the passengers now on 5210 doesn't quite understand what is happening, he thinks the driver of 5203 is 'a screw loose' and has 'missed a trick'!!!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 20 Aug 2013

Washington-based Plum Scania 4957 is working for Peterlee today.....On the X7! Will be 1210 from Middlesbrough.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 20 Aug 2013

That's a decent working for the X7

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)W179SCU wrote Yeah, I love seeing things like that! - 3871 in it's early days at Percy Main had ''Sir Bobby Robson'' interior branding for a while. And 8170/5 when they were at Percy Main for the 17 had interior Saltwell Park stickers next to the cab, and 8170 had a grey nameplate on the offside! Brilliant!

8223 also had a ''Blaydon Racers'' welcome aboard sticker Big Grin

the ex-metrolink scania's still retaun metrolink interior and the cadets on 88/a retain saltwell park stickers

RE: Go North East - Latest - LVK 404L - 20 Aug 2013

The cadets on 88 88a were never on the Saltwell Park routes. Must be just adverts for Saltwell Park

They originally came from ex Crusader and ex Centurian

The colour of the X84/5 brand is confirmed to be ORANGE (same shade as Fab56) - not pink, nor red.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 20 Aug 2013

Oh well.. hopefully it doesn't have flowers on its ok haha

Any news on the brand name?

Can i ask where did u find out?

A accident involving a bus and a person has happened in Newcastle.. buses being diverted.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 20 Aug 2013

Taken from GNE Twitter page

Go North East @gonortheast 5m
Services operating via Newcastle are
currently suffering delays due to an incident.
Supervisors are now in Newcastle to advise
passengers.

Edit. The Chronicle have tweeted that a pensioner has been knocked over by a bus on the Bigg Market.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 10:58 am)Kuyoyo wrote Washington-based Plum Scania 4957 is working for Peterlee today.....On the X7! Will be 1210 from Middlesbrough.

Well that's unusual isn't it? Washington loaning to Peterlee. Confirming that these Solars will be going to the X7?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 1:15 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well that's unusual isn't it? Washington loaning to Peterlee. Confirming that these Solars will be going to the X7?

there not going to X7 there going to be branded for Waggonway and used on Service 28/28A/28B some of my mates who work at Washington including Engineers have said there off to Chester-le-Street even the green ones are off to the same place to dislodge all Dafs to withdrawn or better scrap

(20 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote there not going to X7 there going to be branded for Waggonway and used on Service 28/28A/28B some of my mates who work at Washington including Engineers have said there off to Chester-le-Street even the green ones are off to the same place to dislodge all Dafs to withdrawn or better scrap

Without getting into he said this, she said that etc. There are 11 Solars, 5 could go to Waggonway, 4 to WTX. But I don't know it's just been widely speculated that they could go to Lambton worm, Waggonway, WTX think there's less routes they haven't been linked with! But why would wahington lend vehicles to Peterlee rather than Deptford?

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 8:49 am)Daniel wrote I'll go through my photos shortly to see which one it was. The Park ones were next to the cab (opposite the front right seat as you enter). Was great!

EDIT: It was 4918. Smile

Was 4918 ever on the Saltwell Parks? Didn't the Versas replace SPDs on there?

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 2:17 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Was 4918 ever on the Saltwell Parks? Didn't the Versas replace SPDs on there?

You're right. Go North East are quite bad at putting things like the old 'Saltwell Park' and 'Highwayman' wheelchair/buggy bay and 'Please remain seated until the bus stops' signs on random buses.

East Durham MPD 541 is on normal 39s today, covering for Northern MPD 547 who is on shorts.

Centurion Renown 5151 is out on 9s. Next departure from Sunderland to North Shields.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm)BJ10VUS wrote You're right. Go North East are quite bad at putting things like the old 'Saltwell Park' and 'Highwayman' wheelchair/buggy bay and 'Please remain seated until the bus stops' signs on random buses.

One of the Waggonways has pink angel buggy bay signage and I can't for the life of me remember which one

(20 Aug 2013, 1:15 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well that's unusual isn't it? Washington loaning to Peterlee. Confirming that these Solars will be going to the X7?

No other examples have been transferred to Deptford, to be forwarded to Peterlee. How does the transfer of one (4957) confirm that 4956-60 are for "Wear Tees Xpress"?

It is more likely that 4957 was transferred to Deptford for maintenance, and in her time there, the fault has been fixed and one of Peterlee's "Wear Tees Xpress" branded Renowns has encountered a fault, and as such, 4957 has replaced said vehicle. Due to an ongoing vehicle shortage (who wants to search how many times I've said that exact phrase now?), Deptford had to send that vehicle.

An alternative would be that, due to said vehicle shortage, Washington was in a better position than Deptford to loan a vehicle to Peterlee. Either way, I can turn the shortage card on this situation.

4907 appears to be out in service today or she's at Peterlee having the day off. 4908 is at Deptford, presumably awaiting maintenance (hence the use of 4957 instead).

I'm still fairly positive 4956-60 are destined for "The Waggonway", 61-64 are for "Wear Tees Xpress" and 65/66 are "Northern".
Despite having a great deal of confidence in saying this, I'll still be more than happy to admit I got it wrong if it comes to that. Just means that plans change Wink

The mighty Mercy Pain have "Cobalt Clipper" Omnicity 5250 out on 9s today also. Again, next departure from the wonderful Park Lane Interchange.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 20 Aug 2013

Said Washington Scania 4957 on the X7 earlier passing through Norton en-route to Middlesbrough...
[Image: 1003923_10201885581286929_1239589394_n.jpg]

Indeed 4957 survives another run, and is now at Sunderland.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 20 Aug 2013

Only in GNE's little world are customers 'upgraded' from R and W reg vehicles to brand spanking new erm...11 year old vehicles

Still at least the Waggonway will have buses from this century, which is nice

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 3:10 pm)Daniel wrote No other examples have been transferred to Deptford, to be forwarded to Peterlee. How does the transfer of one (4957) confirm that 4956-60 are for "Wear Tees Xpress"?

It is more likely that 4957 was transferred to Deptford for maintenance, and in her time there, the fault has been fixed and one of Peterlee's "Wear Tees Xpress" branded Renowns has encountered a fault, and as such, 4957 has replaced said vehicle. Due to an ongoing vehicle shortage (who wants to search how many times I've said that exact phrase now?), Deptford had to send that vehicle.

An alternative would be that, due to said vehicle shortage, Washington was in a better position than Deptford to loan a vehicle to Peterlee. Either way, I can turn the shortage card on this situation.

4907 appears to be out in service today or she's at Peterlee having the day off. 4908 is at Deptford, presumably awaiting maintenance (hence the use of 4957 instead).

I'm still fairly positive 4956-60 are destined for "The Waggonway", 61-64 are for "Wear Tees Xpress" and 65/66 are "Northern".
Despite having a great deal of confidence in saying this, I'll still be more than happy to admit I got it wrong if it comes to that. Just means that plans change Wink

Just going have to wait and see, when are the rest of the Metrolinks due to be repainted as it's been a few weeks since 4960 was done.

(20 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just going have to wait and see, when are the rest of the Metrolinks due to be repainted as it's been a few weeks since 4960 was done.

I noted a few weeks ago that further "MetroLINK" repaints are on hold until the first Merc arrives - could be a little sooner than that though, if Go North East are wishing to avoid temporary allocations being necessary.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm)Daniel wrote I noted a few weeks ago that further "MetroLINK" repaints are on hold until the first Merc arrives - could be a little sooner than that though, if Go North East are wishing to avoid temporary allocations being necessary.

Must of missed that, hopefully the Mercs will be here soon

(20 Aug 2013, 3:10 pm)Daniel wrote No other examples have been transferred to Deptford, to be forwarded to Peterlee. How does the transfer of one (4957) confirm that 4956-60 are for "Wear Tees Xpress"?

Everyone on this site gets a bit to bitchy for my liking. I was just making the obvious link to the future destination of these Scainas. I just thought out of all the vehicles in GNE's south division, Washington, Deptford & Chester that 4957 happened to be the one that was chosen, it's very odd. It's like saying oh one of crooks MPD's have broke down let's send Deptfords 541 over, it's reasonably odd considering I'm sure Chester or Washington could of spared something. Wether this is just pure coincidence and 4957 was going spare it's still odd. Or could this be a more a day loan testing how she coped on the service?
So what's covered on the M1 today then?

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 20 Aug 2013

(20 Aug 2013, 4:10 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Everyone on this site gets a bit to bitchy for my liking. I was just making the obvious link to the future destination of these Scainas. I just thought out of all the vehicles in GNE's south division, Washington, Deptford & Chester that 4957 happened to be the one that was chosen, it's very odd. It's like saying oh one of crooks MPD's have broke down let's send Deptfords 541 over, it's very odd. Wether this is just pure coincidence and 4957 was going spare it's still odd. Or could this be a more a day loan testing how she coped on the service?
So what's covered on the M1 today then?

I think there's a good chance that it was at Deptford for maintenance or even for test (MOT) and they've pinched it for use before they could send it back?