North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Still yet to see 4912 or 4913 out yet, anyone had sightings?

4913 was on the 17 on the first day it entered service at Percy Main.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 6:50 pm)Dan wrote 4913 was on the Cobalt Clipper today.

And 4912 was on the 9.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 14 Feb 2014

Cheers guys, guess it's just me that hasn't seen them haha!

RE: Go North East - Latest - R838PRG - 14 Feb 2014

Go north east running service 901 for metro tomorrow. Fair few buses involved by looks of it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 7:37 pm)R838PRG wrote Go north east running service 901 for metro tomorrow. Fair few buses involved by looks of it.

Think it's 12 buses from GNE for the green line.
Not sure about ANE.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm)Dan wrote Think it's 12 buses from GNE for the green line.
Not sure about ANE.

Do nexus set the fares for metro replacements?

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Do nexus set the fares for metro replacements?

Fares are the same as on Metro.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 14 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Still yet to see 4912 or 4913 out yet, anyone had sightings?

I got 4912 today. It was the 0917 service 9 from North Shields to Sunderland. It was joined by 4911, a Centurion B10, and an ex-London President.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:12 pm)aureolin wrote I got 4912 today. It was the 0917 service 9 from North Shields to Sunderland. It was joined by 4911, a Centurion B10, and an ex-London President.

President was 6020.

An Omni was on there too today...shock! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 14 Feb 2014

saw 4912 on 9 today saw it as i was on 88 at jarrow quality a nice solar fast and speedy

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 14 Feb 2014

3974 parked in Riverside depot this afternoon.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm)park5354 wrote 3974 parked in Riverside depot this afternoon.

3978 there too.

As such, all Olympians at Riverside (3811/20/27) should be withdrawn.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 14 Feb 2014

Gne must love trying a bit of odd workings putting branded buses on diffrent routes

(14 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Gne must love trying a bit of odd workings putting branded buses on diffrent routes

It's far from loved... It's the opposite of what higher management want, and there are now schemes being introduced to prevent as many branded vehicles appearing on routes which they should not be allocated to.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:35 pm)Dan wrote It's far from loved... It's the opposite of what higher management want, and there are now schemes being introduced to prevent as many branded vehicles appearing on routes which they should not be allocated to.

I think some of the time is just a lack of interest by depots, how many odd allocations since riverside opened? Percy Main are a nightmare and Deptford have their fair share of odd workings.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I think some of the time is just a lack of interest by depots, how many odd allocations since riverside opened? Percy Main are a nightmare and Deptford have their fair share of odd workings.

Which is why higher management are in the process of rolling out new schemes to combat odd workings.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:35 pm)Dan wrote It's far from loved... It's the opposite of what higher management want, and there are now schemes being introduced to prevent as many branded vehicles appearing on routes which they should not be allocated to.

From a passengers point of view, they don't care what colour it is, they just want the bus to turn up Wink

(14 Feb 2014, 8:43 pm)Tom wrote From a passengers point of view, they don't care what colour it is, they just want the bus to turn up Wink

Tell that to Go North East.

Clearly their business model is wrong... Huh

(14 Feb 2014, 8:44 pm)Dan wrote Tell that to Go North East.

Clearly their business model is wrong... Huh

I didn't say that, but if a bus is off-route passengers generally won't care.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:47 pm)Tom wrote I didn't say that, but if a bus is off-route passengers generally won't care.

So why do Go North East go to the bother of repainting buses into various bright colours and branding them up?

(14 Feb 2014, 8:50 pm)Liam wrote I'm sure passengers will care if a single decker is turning up, opposed to a double decker...

And let's not forget the confusion it would have caused...

A Highwayman turning up in place of a Tyne Tees Xpress B9?

(14 Feb 2014, 8:43 pm)Dan wrote Which is why higher management are in the process of rolling out new schemes to combat odd workings.

Which is why I supporting their decision to do so by providing some general examples.

Well there's a certain excuse of passengers not caring, I don't think the majority give too much interest etc. but passengers do come to identify services by the colour of the bus. Durham bus station can get busy, it's often chaotic and it's sometimes you end up not really seeing what buses are coming a recent example i can usually my Prince Bishops solar coming in however other week it was a Fab56 solar. A lot were confused and didn't go to board, until I had said is that the 20 when people were like 'oh yeah' and got on.
Everyone likes to say there's no meaning to fab56/fab57 but these are two most recognised brands. I'd thinks people prefer branded buses but ultimately it's comes down to a bus is better than no bus. And I do think brand recognition is something that should be taken seriously.

(14 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Gne must love trying a bit of odd workings putting branded buses on diffrent routes

I have seen loads of rare workings before the top 3 rarest ones i have seen are 4952 then debranded from Centrelink brand on 27 in South Shields during Thunder Thursday "that was rare to see it in South Shields", 5248 then a West Durham Swift on 88/88A "rarest sight won't happen again as the bus is now a Northern bus at the time was on loan to Washington from Stanley now based at Percy Main and finally a Tynedale Links 8293 on X85 this is rare for 2 reasons the vehicle as 2 have been made ever and the other it has only happened once before

(14 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Which is why I supporting their decision to do so by providing some general examples.

Well there's a certain excuse of passengers not caring, I don't think the majority give too much interest etc. but passengers do come to identify services by the colour of the bus. Durham bus station can get busy, it's often chaotic and it's sometimes you end up not really seeing what buses are coming a recent example i can usually my Prince Bishops solar coming in however other week it was a Fab56 solar. A lot were confused and didn't go to board, until I had said is that the 20 when people were like 'oh yeah' and got on.
Everyone likes to say there's no meaning to fab56/fab57 but these are two most recognised brands. I'd thinks people prefer branded buses but ultimately it's comes down to a bus is better than no bus. And I do think brand recognition is something that should be taken seriously.

In your anecdote, you gave the example of Durham Bus Station.

Now imagine you're on a cold, dark road - served by a number of Go North East buses, but has an infrequent service on evenings...

You're used to seeing pink buses turning up, but on this freezing cold night, you see a yellow bus approaching. The destination blind is illegible as you're visually impaired.
As you're used to seeing pink buses, you let the yellow one go straight past.

As a passenger, you would care. You've now got to wait 30 minutes before the next bus turns up; in this instance, the wrong coloured bus was not better than no bus turning up at all.

It happens, and this is why branding is vital. Ultimately, passengers do care - GNE's business model is right. It just needs to be applied by depots.

(14 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote In your anecdote, you gave the example of Durham Bus Station.

Now imagine you're on a cold, dark road - served by a number of Go North East buses, but has an infrequent service on evenings...

You're used to seeing pink buses turning up, but on this freezing cold night, you see a yellow bus approaching. The destination blind is illegible as you're visually impaired.

As a passenger, you would care. You've now got to wait 30 minutes before the next bus turns up; in this instance, the wrong coloured bus was not better than no bus turning up at all.

It happens, and this is why branding is vital. Ultimately, passengers do care - GNE's business model is right. It just needs to be applied by depots.

now your making me think of battenberg cake could do with some of that cake right now mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy Tongue

(14 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote In your anecdote, you gave the example of Durham Bus Station.

What I was saying is that passengers would rather have a bus turn up than none at all Tongue - And some good points there.

(14 Feb 2014, 9:24 pm)Tom wrote What I was saying is that passengers would rather have a bus turn up than none at all Tongue - And some good points there.

In some cases, but certainly not all.

The same sort of thing can be applied to Arriva or Stagecoach...

It is snowing, and Betty is waiting for the bus. It is dark, and the destination displays on vehicles are frosted up and illegible.

Betty usually gets a small bus home - something like a Solo. She has become accustomed to this vehicle type. A bus approaches, but it is a double decker rather than a small bus. Betty assumes it's a different bus service and lets it go straight past her.

Betty now has to wait for the next bus to appear.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 14 Feb 2014

There's loads of odd working toonlink on 96 ten bus on 97 blayon racer on 27, anyways what's happend with the ,5, south tyne cadgets haven't seen many in the past 3 days

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 14 Feb 2014

As has been speculated quite a lot recently is the early withdrawal of the 52reg Cadets, Thing is we have never really had a Reason other than Reliability - But I have just been having a Look on Flickr and I came across this photo of 8248...Below, Outside Washington Depot, with the issue being with the Electrics. So with that been said, is this the main reason as to why they are to be Withdrawn come the end of 2014 after Further Investment, and is this Problem common with other Cadets in the GNE Fleet

Photo By Flickr User: DiagTest Ltd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/110217213@N07/12528204265/

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 15 Feb 2014

(14 Feb 2014, 11:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote As has been speculated quite a lot recently is the early withdrawal of the 52reg Cadets, Thing is we have never really had a Reason other than Reliability - But I have just been having a Look on Flickr and I came across this photo of 8248...Below, Outside Washington Depot, with the issue being with the Electrics. So with that been said, is this the main reason as to why they are to be Withdrawn come the end of 2014 after Further Investment, and is this Problem common with other Cadets in the GNE Fleet

Photo By Flickr User: DiagTest Ltd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/110217213@N07/12528204265/

Cadets have never been great electronically, the Arriva ones have too many issues with the ECU and about half of them have the gearbox light on the dash permanently and have done since new...