North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East - Latest - DavidP - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:07 am)Michael wrote I'm sorry but that is a horrible colour.

Hmm... I was just thinking how nice and fresh the colour looked! As long as it encourages bus usage I suppose...

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:07 am)Michael wrote I'm sorry but that is a horrible colour.

I suspect it'll look a lot worse once they've branded it...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:10 am)cbma06 wrote Dalton Park is in County Durham, so its outside of Tyne and Wear, you can use the network one pass only to the Tyne and Wear boundry

Ah right, wasn't sure, =(

(24 Oct 2013, 10:13 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote I suspect it'll look a lot worse once they've branded it...

i hope not =(, Mint Toothpaste? haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 24 Oct 2013

I see all the art critics are on here today Tongue

(24 Oct 2013, 10:20 am)citaro5284 wrote I see all the art critics are on here today Tongue

Sorry Citaro but its a horrible colour haha Tongue

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:13 am)Michael wrote i hope not =(, Mint Toothpaste? haha

Looks like someone has od'd on mushy peas and puked and crapped on it

(24 Oct 2013, 10:40 am)Liam wrote I wouldn't suggest its a bad colour, it just lacks any impact. With a strong design, I'm sure it will become far more appealing.

Hppefully

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:40 am)Liam wrote I wouldn't suggest its a bad colour, it just lacks any impact. With a strong design, I'm sure it will become far more appealing.

I'm in agreement with that Liam, I think the reason it lacks impact is because GNE have opted to go for bit around the lights to be the same colour as the bodywork, rather than having them in black for example.

Yourbus Streetlite

Pic 1 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/71016880@N00/8832513692/
Pic 2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/41133601@N03/8635821702/

Then look back at the Streetlites GNE have just received, The black around the front/rear lights makes it look so much more effective in my opinion.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 24 Oct 2013

That streetlight looks a bit bright oh oh I gotta say this "Hey Who Turned On The Lights" got that from a Doctor Who episode Silence In The Library / Forest Of The Dead anyways back to subject I wonder what the livery will look like once it's Vinals have been applied can anyone name the worse branding am gonna say a few Soccer Bus, the pink Angel, Red Angel, The Nine, Crusader (Renowns),

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 11:51 am)CitaroFavourite wrote That streetlight looks a bit bright oh oh I gotta say this "Hey Who Turned On The Lights" got that from a Doctor Who episode Silence In The Library / Forest Of The Dead anyways back to subject I wonder what the livery will look like once it's Vinals have been applied can anyone name the worse branding am gonna say a few Soccer Bus, the pink Angel, Red Angel, The Nine, Crusader (Renowns),

The worst...so many to choose, so little time... new Laser (compared to original), Metrolink, The NINE, Red Angel, SimpliCity, new Loop, Venture, New Crusader.

And the best? Lambton Worm, which still doesn’t even exist according to their website! Also quite like Red Arrows, Prince Bishops, Coaster, Pulse, OK Way, Toon Link.

(24 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote The worst...so many to choose, so little time... new Laser (compared to original), Metrolink, The NINE, Red Angel, SimpliCity, new Loop, Venture, New Crusader.

And the best? Lambton Worm, which still doesn’t even exist according to their website! Also quite like Red Arrows, Prince Bishops, Coaster, Pulse, OK Way, Toon Link.

For me,

Worst:- The NINE, The Angel, Pronto, Drifter
Best:- TTX, WTX, East Durham, CityLink, Lime

Out of all the paint jobs, one I like best is Northern Red

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote The worst...so many to choose, so little time... new Laser (compared to original), Metrolink, The NINE, Red Angel, SimpliCity, new Loop, Venture, New Crusader.

Red Kite is by far the best brand in the GNE Fleet alongside the OK Way and Wheyaye50

Best: Fast Cat's, Wear/Tyne Tee's XPRESS, Current Angel,Tynedale Xpress, Red kite

Worst - NINE, Washington Street Shuttle, Citylink (on the bendies), Lime, X66

(24 Oct 2013, 12:18 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Red Kite is by far the best brand in the GNE Fleet alongside the OK Way and Wheyaye50

I forgot the OK Way, WheyAye50 is a bit too much for me, a bit loud so to speak

RE: Go North East - Latest - Chris - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 6:46 am)aureolin wrote Forgive my ignorance, but what defines a low cost unit? I've heard the reference a couple of times, but don't really know what it entails.

I believe they were originally set up to bid for contract work, that full cost depots couldn't compete on due to their higher overheads. Think along the lines of lower wage rates, sickness/pension provision, breaks etc. The 'carrot', if you like, was fewer weekend & late shifts. Generally, not a full cost operational depot.

Saltmeadows, Consett, Peterlee, a couple of lines at Hexham (Tynedale Links) and a couple of lines at Deptford (Nexus I would think) were the units last time I looked into it.

Of course, this might have all changed now? This is based mostly on what I remember from a driving open day a few years back.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 3:44 pm)Liam wrote 8306 is now in Simplicity base purple

8306-8309/8319 to the 39? 8320-8324 for 61's and then obviously 8325-8329 for 42's?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 8306-8309/8319 to the 39? 8320-8324 for 61's and then obviously 8325-8329 for 42's?

One of our GNE representatives certainly suggested that the other day, didn't they?

(24 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm)Dan wrote One of our GNE representatives certainly suggested that the other day, didn't they?

Hopefully they don't end up mixed... like Versa/Cadet.. it seems daft that way

(24 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm)Dan wrote One of our GNE representatives certainly suggested that the other day, didn't they?

I'm just saying. And for the record I'd been saying that for weeks.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 10:00 am)Dan wrote :p

Saw these heading up the A1 around Catterick this morning.
Was driving in opposite direction, so no photo

(24 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I'm just saying. And for the record I'd been saying that for weeks.

(02 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm)CatsFast101 wrote And posting in here saying 'look at that, this is what I said' like some petulant child, proves my above points.

I'm just saying. Rolleyes

(24 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote Saw these heading up the A1 around Catterick this morning.
Was driving in opposite direction, so no photo

What's your opinion on the colour of them, as you've seen them in person as it were?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm)Michael wrote Best: Fast Cat's, Wear/Tyne Tee's XPRESS, Current Angel,Tynedale Xpress, Red kite

Worst - NINE, Washington Street Shuttle, Citylink (on the bendies), Lime, X66

Fast Cats is truly awful! - It has absolutley no meaning, for one, the service isn't fast, and secondly, it looks terrible! However, we all have opinions!

''The Nine'' bad was terrible too! - Some silver vinyls stuck on the ex-''Orbit'' base. The X36/X37 brand was very bad too, they were very unclear!

(24 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm)Dan wrote ...

I'm just saying. Rolleyes

You are one of the reason I hate forums. I was just making a point about the future of vehicles, and you made it sound like I was just copying what the company insiders have said which isn't I have for a long while suggested Versa's split between 39/61 and I was just pointing out that I have for a while rumoured this. All you do is seem to be sarcastic and have sly digs at peopel on this site, not only me but other members as if you are some sort of superior person. You also often belittle members which I find very uncomfortable.

[Image: 2309444-theres_the_door_now_get_the______out.jpg]

(24 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm)Dan wrote [Image: 2309444-theres_the_door_now_get_the______out.jpg]

Is that appropriate? You seem to be drifting off topic, Daniel naughty, naughty.

(24 Oct 2013, 5:13 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Is that appropriate? You seem to be drifting off topic, Daniel naughty, naughty.

Hardly think your earlier posts regarding me being the reason why you hate forums was 'on topic', as you put it...
Likewise, your post saying I was a 'petulant child' was equally as off-topic. He's a hypocrite twice over now! Damn...

Do we actually have a set rule on posting content which is off-topic, or is that generally moderated by the forum team?
http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/misc.php?action=help&hid=8

If you don't like it - refer to my earlier post.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm)Dan wrote What's your opinion on the colour of them, as you've seen them in person as it were?

Hand on heart and there is no GNE bashing intended here at all - I genuinely thought they were for a local independent company somewhere.
It was only when I saw them on here, that I put two and two together and realised.

Reminds me of the Coopers Coaches colour scheme.

Whether the branding will change the appearance, who knows.

To be fair, I was driving 70mph in the opposite direction at the time.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm)CatsFast101 wrote You are one of the reason I hate forums. I was just making a point about the future of vehicles, and you made it sound like I was just copying what the company insiders have said which isn't I have for a long while suggested Versa's split between 39/61 and I was just pointing out that I have for a while rumoured this. All you do is seem to be sarcastic and have sly digs at peopel on this site, not only me but other members as if you are some sort of superior person. You also often belittle members which I find very uncomfortable.

Why register, then? Undecided