North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm)Marcus wrote Slightly off topic, but do you know why the 8:15ish X21 departure from Chester towards Newcastle just avoids the A1 all together? Is it because of congestion or something?

Pretty sure the driver has a free reign as to the route it takes between Chester and Gateshead, but the preferred is A1 > Angel > Low Fell

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 2:28 pm)aureolin wrote Pretty sure the driver has a free reign as to the route it takes between Chester and Gateshead, but the preferred is A1 > Angel > Low Fell
There's one run a morning whereby an X21 is scheduled to run via Birtley instead of the A1.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 2:31 pm)Dan wrote There's one run a morning whereby an X21 is scheduled to run via Birtley instead of the A1.

I think that might be the one I'm thinking of (8:15), for the past 18 months I've watched it go up Newcastle Road like it were a 21 every day.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 25 Jul 2014

According to Sunderlandnow on facebook, someone has posted saying..

Message In: Crash on green bridge, buses being diverted.

I'm trying to get info on which bridge!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm)Marcus wrote Slightly off topic, but do you know why the 8:15ish X21 departure from Chester towards Newcastle just avoids the A1 all together? Is it because of congestion or something?

Often see that particular run in Picktree and on Portobello Road.
The A1 (and Birtley) can be a standstill at that time of the morning.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm)Michael wrote According to Sunderlandnow on facebook, someone has posted saying..

Message In: Crash on green bridge, buses being diverted.

I'm trying to get info on which bridge!

Possibly the Wearmouth Bridge going off this? Its the only green bridge at Sunderland that i know of.

(25 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm)Robert wrote Possibly the Wearmouth Bridge going off this? Its the only green bridge at Sunderland that i know of.

Could be the Queen Alexandra Bridge

(25 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm)Michael wrote Could be the Queen Alexandra Bridge

Is that green though? I just read the post and it said 'green bridge' so i can only assume that it was the Wearmouth Bridge. Correct me if im wrong though.

(25 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)Robert wrote Is that green though? I just read the post and it said 'green bridge' so i can only assume that it was the Wearmouth Bridge. Correct me if im wrong though.

I think both of them are Green

Edit.. it was the Wearmouth Bridge, by a few posts.. its now clear

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)Michael wrote I think both of them are Green

Edit.. it was the Wearmouth Bridge, by a few posts.. its now clear

That Will Be absolute carnage, the Bridge is bad enough at any time, Still If there has Been An Accident, Hope It ain't serious

(25 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm)marxistafozzski wrote That Will Be absolute carnage, the Bridge is bad enough at any time, Still If there has Been An Accident, Hope It ain't serious

With the roadworks being near it to, i bet some traffic was built up.

(25 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm)marxistafozzski wrote That Will Be absolute carnage, the Bridge is bad enough at any time, Still If there has Been An Accident, Hope It ain't serious
Depending on when it was, it will explain the missing E1 and E2 earlier, and regulated E6.
An E2 was diverting via Morrisons earlier and it was either 15m late or 35...

Venture service 131s destinations have been updated. Rather than having *Circular* it now shows the via points.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Jul 2014

6010, 6014 and 6025 on Airshow Duties this evening.

Feels appropriate to mention it... Was hanging around the Wheatsheaf for the airshow shuttles and guess which bus turned up?!

(25 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm)Dan wrote Feels appropriate to mention it... Was hanging around the Wheatsheaf for the airshow shuttles and guess which bus turned up?!

4968 (finally)?

(25 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm)Robert wrote 4968 (finally)?

Yes!
Marathon sprint and a half to get it too. With lots of people heading down to the airshow the evening, the Wheatsheaf (and surrounding areas) is chocker.

As I was running, I pressed the button to get the green man to come on and stop the bus so I could get a few extra seconds. Ended up running down to the spot on Tom's photo below to get a photo, and thankfully just got it.

[Image: 14446446993_4ecdc92067.jpg]Go North East: 6085 (NL63 YHN) by Tom's Transport Photos, on Flickr

(25 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote Yes!
Marathon sprint and a half to get it too. With lots of people heading down to the airshow the evening, the Wheatsheaf (and surrounding areas) is chocker.

As I was running, I pressed the button to get the green man to come on and stop the bus so I could get a few extra seconds. Ended up running down to the spot on Tom's photo below to get a photo, and thankfully just got it.

[Image: 14446446993_4ecdc92067.jpg]Go North East: 6085 (NL63 YHN) by Tom's Transport Photos, on Flickr

You cheeky thing Tongue but, if it made you happy then its fine.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote Yes!

Loving the Tactical Awareness you used to get a shot of 4968, I have done a quite a few times myself and quite often failed.

(25 Jul 2014, 4:55 pm)Robert wrote You cheeky thing Tongue but, if it made you happy then its fine.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:03 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Loving the Tactical Awareness you used to get a shot of 4968, I have done a quite a few times myself and quite often failed.

Worth it! Never in my enthusiast life have I had such difficulty trying to catch a specific bus - especially so close to home - so I couldn't let it get away.

I notice GPR got a photo of it today too - so 4968 has finally come out of hiding!

(25 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm)Dan wrote 6010, 6014 and 6025 on Airshow Duties this evening.

I think Tomorrows Allocations will be more Interesting, Not sure whether I am going to go just yet, as my Niece and Nephew are supposed to be coming over, but I might do is get the 0930 A2 over Seaburn, Spend an Hour or so there, before heading into Town to Grab a few Photos, then head back home.

Any Idea if you can use a Network One Card on the Airshow Shuttles or Not, otherwise i'll have to go via Concord and get the 56 over to Sunderland, due how the Network One Zonal System is laid out.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I think Tomorrows Allocations will be more Interesting, Not sure whether I am going to go just yet, as my Niece and Nephew are supposed to be coming over, but I might do is get the 0930 A2 over Seaburn, Spend an Hour or so there, before heading into Town to Grab a few Photos, then head back home.

Any Idea if you can use a Network One Card on the Airshow Shuttles or Not, otherwise i'll have to go via Concord and get the 56 over to Sunderland, due how the Network One Zonal System is laid out.
Well I'm hoping to go over early for the buses so I can hopefully spend the afternoon with friends... If you want, I can keep you posted on what is allocated, and then you will be able to decide whether you're going or not.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:13 pm)Dan wrote Well I'm hoping to go over early for the buses so I can hopefully spend the afternoon with friends... If you want, I can keep you posted on what is allocated, and then you will be able to decide whether you're going or not.

That would be great Dan

Live from Monkwearmouth... As you can see, very foggy in the direction towards the beach.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm)Dan wrote Live from Monkwearmouth... As you can see, very foggy in the direction towards the beach.

All flying parts to the Sunderland Airshow have been cancelled due to the fog, just the Friday though. It will probably be clear tomorrow. Was on ITV news around 20 mins ago. My earlier post didnt have the info source to back me up and i saw this post so i just thought, why not just delete it and place it with a relevant post Tongue

(25 Jul 2014, 5:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I think Tomorrows Allocations will be more Interesting, Not sure whether I am going to go just yet, as my Niece and Nephew are supposed to be coming over, but I might do is get the 0930 A2 over Seaburn, Spend an Hour or so there, before heading into Town to Grab a few Photos, then head back home.

Not - apparently.

Tried using CAT tickets with the bairn in the past and have been knocked back.

Could you not head towards Shields and change?
May be a tad quieter than a 56.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 25 Jul 2014

All X21s before 9am (from chester) have a note on the running boards to operate via birtley due to A1 traffic, but management have left it to drivers to avoid birtley if they wish.

50s have been operating via barley mow & vigo lane when traffic is heavy along picktree lane, heavy traffic due to northlands roundabout re-modelling, for the next 2 weeks the A693 is closed eastbound only, also 8s have been diverted via the 78 route to the A167 roundabout then back on normal route.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:40 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Not - apparently.

Tried using CAT tickets with the bairn in the past and have been knocked back.

Could you not head towards Shields and change?
May be a tad quieter than a 56.

I believe you're knocked back with CAT tickets on all airshow buses (including Stagecoach). Don't get why though, given that Network One tickets are accepted on the 510.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote I believe you're knocked back with CAT tickets on all airshow buses (including Stagecoach). Don't get why though, given that Network One tickets are accepted on the 510.

Howay man, it's obvious! Wink

*raises hand, rubbing finger and thumb together in the universal language of money

Or, it may be a Nexus ruling with the services being 'specials'.

(25 Jul 2014, 5:48 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Howay man, it's obvious! Wink

*raises hand, rubbing finger and thumb together in the universal language of money

Or, it may be a Nexus ruling with the services being 'specials'.

It's obvious when an operator doesn't accept neither Network One tickets nor Nexus CAT tickets (as is the case with GNE), but when an operator accepts one but not the other? That's when it becomes a little confusing in my eyes.

Might give it a go tomorrow to see if I get knocked back. The Inspector who is out tomorrow is a good family friend, and when there's massive queues, he checks everyone's tickets instead of the drivers doing it. Tongue