North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin wrote Big Grin something like that!

Don't have enough money saved up for Alton Towers? Get a red zone Day Saver and take the Street Shuttle round Washington Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Don't have enough money saved up for Alton Towers? Get a red zone Day Saver and take the Street Shuttle round Washington Tongue

You mean Purple Zone BJ10VUS

(15 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote You mean Purple Zone BJ10VUS

I certainly do! Oops, all this talk of the 5 mixed me up! Although, saying that, even part of the 5 runs in the purple zone Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I certainly do! Oops, all this talk of the 5 mixed me up! Although, saying that, even part of the 5 runs in the purple zone Tongue

Service 5 is RED zone entirely.

(15 Feb 2014, 8:33 pm)park5354 wrote Service 5 is RED zone entirely.

Oh yes, keep mixing them up with something... today is not my day! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 15 Feb 2014

5259 now in service at Chester-le-Street.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm)Dan wrote 5259 now in service at Chester-le-Street.

Has all 6 arrived at CLS yet?

Anymore B9's entered service?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm)Dan wrote 5259 now in service at Chester-le-Street.

Quite interested for these to be branded. I still reckon they'll go with a similar design to Coaster and Drifter.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm)aureolin wrote Quite interested for these to be branded. I still reckon they'll go with a similar design to Coaster and Drifter.

Same, the coaster brand suits the Omnis so it should suit the ones for the Whey aye five-0.

Would like to see comic sans for the brand name style.

(15 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm)Michael wrote Has all 6 arrived at CLS yet?

Anymore B9's entered service?

5255/56 have not yet arrived.

The final four B9TLs for Percy Main (6114-17) have not yet entered service.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Actually, are DAF products even that reliable? How many problems did the SB220s and the Spectras have? At least try a VDL or Volvo version of the cadet on the 5 and see if they are suitable, not like there is much of a trial needed as they are the same length and have the same seats.

The "VDL or Volvo" ones are exactly the same model as what is running on the 5 now.

VDL is what DAF renamed itself too.

The Volvo ones are again the same vehicles built by DAF, but were sold under the Volvo badge because certain operators didn't want to buy the DAF because they didn't want an Arriva van turning up at the depots to fix the SB120s. Warrington Transport is one operator who specified in the Volvo SB120 / Wright Merit.

RE: Go North East - Latest - bcal3119 - 15 Feb 2014

Anyone knows what buses are running Heworth Metro Replacement buses today?

(15 Feb 2014, 10:08 pm)bcal3119 wrote Anyone knows what buses are running Heworth Metro Replacement buses today?

I saw 3859, 6026, 6030 and 6031. There was eight others though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 15 Feb 2014

Just been reading the News, I noticed WheyAye50 4931 is to Repainted Next Week, I guess it'll be getting towed to Saltmeadows, as hasn't moved from Chester le Street Depot for a Good Couple of Weeks Now, Any idea on what is wrong with 4931.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan wrote tyresmoke said last night - there are a number of problems with Cadets universally, not just with Go North East.

He gave the example of Arriva's Cadets having the same problems they have now since new.

Won't be a maintenance issue, just a flaw with that vehicle type - the ones allocated to the South Tyne 5 show these problems the most because they are the eldest in the fleet.

We have a lot less issues than Go North East have though, majority of ours can manage a full day on the road at least.... The maintenance throughout their lives always helps too. 1901-1907 are the best of our fleet and have been based at Stockton their entire lives, with a good engineering team looking after them.
Clearly Gateshead/Saltmeadows are having major issues with them now, do Washington have as many issues with their 88 branded ones? Were they neglected in their time on the Crusader? You could argue its a more demanding route than they were built to handle though.
Having said that Deptford manage ok with theirs and we all know how bad their engineering can be.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote We have a lot less issues than Go North East have though, majority of ours can manage a full day on the road at least.... The maintenance throughout their lives always helps too. 1901-1907 are the best of our fleet and have been based at Stockton their entire lives, with a good engineering team looking after them.
Clearly Gateshead/Saltmeadows are having major issues with them now, do Washington have as many issues with their 88 branded ones? Were they neglected in their time on the Crusader? You could argue its a more demanding route than they were built to handle though.
Having said that Deptford manage ok with theirs and we all know how bad their engineering can be.

They hardly seemed to be on the road when allocated to the 88/88A, but since being put on the M2/M3 they seem to be solid. I don't know if any extensive work has been done on them or whatnot?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 11:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just been reading the News, I noticed WheyAye50 4931 is to Repainted Next Week, I guess it'll be getting towed to Saltmeadows, as hasn't moved from Chester le Street Depot for a Good Couple of Weeks Now, Any idea on what is wrong with 4931.

It may be scheduled to be repainted next week - clearly it won't be if it can't actually move.
Don't miss a trick you lot! Was waiting until today to make the post about the newa because laat fortnight's should disappear at some point today. Actually put the news on last night so I could get myself out in the sun today.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 7:02 am)Dan wrote It may be scheduled to be repainted next week - clearly it won't be if it can't actually move.
Don't miss a trick you lot! Was waiting until today to make the post about the newa because laat fortnight's should disappear at some point today. Actually put the news on last night so I could get myself out in the sun today.

Last time i saw it, it was without its engine but that was a good 10 days ago. Maybe its recieved the part/parts required and its been put back together.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 16 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote We have a lot less issues than Go North East have though, majority of ours can manage a full day on the road at least.... The maintenance throughout their lives always helps too. 1901-1907 are the best of our fleet and have been based at Stockton their entire lives, with a good engineering team looking after them.

I remember travelling on one of Blyth's 53 reg SB200 Commanders on the 308 when I was 10. The power wasn't working and the lights were down. I remember the driver having to manually write the tickets out.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 16 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 11:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just been reading the News, I noticed WheyAye50 4931 is to Repainted Next Week, I guess it'll be getting towed to Saltmeadows, as hasn't moved from Chester le Street Depot for a Good Couple of Weeks Now, Any idea on what is wrong with 4931.

Apparently its supposed to be at Saltmeadows now as it was sent over there as soon as 4930 returned.

(16 Feb 2014, 9:28 am)northtynelinks2 wrote Apparently its supposed to be at Saltmeadows now as it was sent over there as soon as 4930 returned.

Supposed to be, but hasn't moved in two months afaik...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Feb 2014

Remember when the people who checked tickets on buses were called inspectors?
Had my first 'revenue protection' inspection yesterday...

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 16 Feb 2014

Whatever happened to Blakey?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 11:56 am)andreos1 wrote Remember when the people who checked tickets on buses were called inspectors?

It's happening a lot more frequently recently.
The service delivery manager got on the 20 a few weeks back at Sunderland and was checking people's tickets I have a buzzfare on my key so they have scanner things now. He also got on the X7 at Seaham recently, checking people's tickets when boarding for some reason?
These new 'Revenue Protection' persons got on the 20 the other day and was scanning/checking tickets. First one had, he screamed for everyone to produce tickets, charming!
In the past few months I've had them on 60/61/20/X7 seem to be cracking down on it.
Don't think I mentioned at the time (and I'm going a little of topic) but a Nexus man got on 60 at the Mill Inn few months back and was questioning peoples ticket options/destinations/other bus connections etc. I did find it odd that a nexus man was questioning people boarding in Seaham, I mean after county boundary into Ryhope yeah okay.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 11:56 am)andreos1 wrote Remember when the people who checked tickets on buses were called inspectors?

They tend to be on the Angel quite a lot. Never seen them fine anyone or kick them off, they always just make them pay the difference between where they've paid to travel to and where they actually are

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 1:27 pm)gtom wrote They tend to be on the Angel quite a lot. Never seen them fine anyone or kick them off, they always just make them pay the difference between where they've paid to travel to and where they actually are

They tend to appear between the Barley Mow and a few stops towards Chester Le Street on the Angel. Catching people with 1 zone Buzzfares I guess.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 9:35 am)Dan wrote Supposed to be, but hasn't moved in two months afaik...

I would of said a Month as a Rough Guess as I have been past Chester Depot on a Daily Basis, Particularly this week as I Work just Next Door.

(16 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I would of said a Month as a Rough Guess as I have been past Chester Depot on a Daily Basis, Particularly this week as I Work just Next Door.

It has not been out in service this year - I've looked through my photos and I have a photo of it at the end of December in the exact same spot it's at now.
Photograph below.
Looking at the photograph now (I previously chucked it in the archives as the quality wasn't particularly great, and didn't really bother looking at it), it looks like it has had minor fire damage.
.jpg GNE 4931.jpg

(16 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm)Dan wrote It has not been out in service this year - I've looked through my photos and I have a photo of it at the end of December in the exact same spot it's at now.

Sure 4931 also had Lengthy Spell VOR over a year ago after Breaking Down at The Galleries, Although it could of been another Wheyaye50 Solar that Broke Down though.

(16 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm)Dan wrote It has not been out in service this year - I've looked through my photos and I have a photo of it at the end of December in the exact same spot it's at now.
Photograph below.
Looking at the photograph now (I previously chucked it in the archives as the quality wasn't particularly great, and didn't really bother looking at it), it looks like it has had minor fire damage.

If I remember correctly it has no Engine Cover on at the Moment, I'm not even Surprised it has Fire Damage, These Buses have been Run into the Ground on the 50 and are always over Heating, I had 4927 on Wednesday Night and it was Red Hot on there, But on Thursday Morning it was Nice and Cool, Driver might of just had the Heating on Full Blast though.