North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm)Dan wrote Riverside has quite a number of vehicles now - 11 vehicles at the front and perhaps 18 or so round the back. Also all of the training fleet too.

8229 appeared to be taking people to and from Sunderland Road.

Just spare role wise and training buses or does that include current withdrawn buses?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Just spare role wise and training buses or does that include current withdrawn buses?

Anything left in the depots from today, I guess.

A load of Vykings, Oly 3811, a number of Renowns, a Great Park, Saltwell Park, a few Toon Links.

(01 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm)Dan wrote Anything left in the depots from today, I guess.

A load of Vykings, Oly 3811, a number of Renowns, a Great Park, Saltwell Park, a few Toon Links.

Thanks, next couple of hours it will start to get busy

Anyone know if they are parking by brands... so all citylink together, Blaydon Racers etc

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 4:39 pm)Michael wrote Thanks, next couple of hours it will start to get busy

Anyone know if they are parking by brands... so all citylink together, Blaydon Racers etc

Yes they are, but there is also parking at the side of the lines for the vehicles that are first out in a morning

(01 Feb 2014, 4:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yes they are, but there is also parking at the side of the lines for the vehicles that are first out in a morning

Thank's Citaro =)

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 01 Feb 2014

Hopefully the crusdaer brand will get updated nice maroon colur some internal branding

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 4:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yes they are, but there is also parking at the side of the lines for the vehicles that are first out in a morning

That's a great idea, at least the depot will be easy to navigate that way rather than just looking round for the bus that your scheduled to take.

The final bus to leave Sunderland Rd, 4916, is now at Riverside.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 3:53 pm)andreos1 wrote Unidentified Merc bendy currently getting hitched up for a lift home at Metrocentre.
Its an unbranded one.

Bloody hell, we must have been in the same place at the same time almost there as I followed it as it came off the flyover after we left the Metrocentre Coach Park in the car - glad it was only going to Riverside as it wasn't going very fast !!!

(01 Feb 2014, 2:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote Where would you put a spare on from if that was the one operating late?, Control would not know before hand that that particular journey was going to be delayed...Also remember you need to have the drivers available (who are in EU scope) not just the buses.

The only thing that can be done is to get a bus available to leave Newcastle the next time round on time, which of course gives Control 3 hours to arrange both bus and driver.

There is also the thorny issue of where you park the spare bus as there's been a few issues in Eldon Square with buses parking in there for a while - unless of course, your bus is painted green !!! A bit like green bottles, there where 4 green buses parked against the wall a couple of Sunday's ago in Eldon Square

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 7:13 pm)busman101 wrote There is also the thorny issue of where you park the spare bus as there's been a few issues in Eldon Square with buses parking in there for a while - unless of course, your bus is painted green !!! A bit like green bottles, there where 4 green buses parked against the wall a couple of Sunday's ago in Eldon Square

A few Angels will be ok parked up then? Wink

(01 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm)aureolin wrote A few Angels will be ok parked up then? Wink

If only ! I should have said green with a cream swoosh - being more specific now !!! Big Grin

(01 Feb 2014, 7:13 pm)busman101 wrote There is also the thorny issue of where you park the spare bus as there's been a few issues in Eldon Square with buses parking in there for a while - unless of course, your bus is painted green !!! A bit like green bottles, there where 4 green buses parked against the wall a couple of Sunday's ago in Eldon Square

I bet AG is on the case Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 11:01 am)citaro5284 wrote Yeah, it is called the X66 Big Grin
There is extra for today only.

Just a thought, what about having the S1 go around to Riverside to Pick Drivers up for Changeovers at The MetroCentre, saves having Numerous Vans/Spare Buses being parked on the Layover at the same time During the Day, Like it is on a Daily Basis at Concord/Washington Galleries. Plus it would only add an Extra Few Minutes to the S1 Timetable, Although it may require an Extra Bus to do so.

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm)citaro5284 wrote Destinations on the bendies have been altered as from tomorrow, it is not non stop with stopping at the Riverside.

There is a play on words with the scrolling bottom line heading towards the Metrocentre......Adam M Big Grin

The branded one has it.

'Get Intu Metrocentre in 10 minutes' or something along these lines !!!

(01 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just a thought, what about having the S1 go around to Riverside to Pick Drivers up for Changeovers at The MetroCentre, saves having Numerous Vans/Spare Buses being parked on the Layover at the same time During the Day, Like it is on a Daily Basis at Concord/Washington Galleries. Plus it would only add an Extra Few Minutes to the S1 Timetable, Although it may require an Extra Bus to do so.

In time, drivers will be clocking on at Metrocentre and picking the bus up from the Metrocentre, no need for vans or the S1. Only time they will go to Riverside is to either pick a bus up or drop a bus off.

Cannot see Metrocentre been keen on that idea either, modifying the S1 route

(01 Feb 2014, 8:03 pm)park5354 wrote The branded one has it.

They've all been updated.

'in under 10 minutes' though.

(01 Feb 2014, 8:03 pm)park5354 wrote The branded one has it.

Should of all been done.

express intu Metrocentre in under 10 minutes
express to Gateshead in under 10 minutes

(01 Feb 2014, 8:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote In time, drivers will be clocking on at Metrocentre and picking the bus up from the Metrocentre, no need for vans or the S1. Only time they will go to Riverside is to either pick a bus up or drop a bus off.

Cannot see Metrocentre been keen on that idea either, modifying the S1 route

Yeah they probably wouldn't be keen on that idea at all, Although hasn't there been Bus Stops put up across the road from the Depot, on the main road leading Intu Metrocentre, So I suppose Drivers could always hop on one those or Walk as it isn't that far. And I am like the Play on the Words of Intu MetroCentre on the Blinds.

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote So I suppose Drivers could always Walk as it isn't that far.

With their takings cash?

(01 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm)G-CPTN wrote With their takings cash?

I have seen Drivers from Gateshead walking back to Sunderland Road, when I have been on Gateshead High Street, Numerous Times. If the Cash is in a Drivers Bag, I would hardly think a Member of the Public would suspect a thing. Plus how many people do you think you'll past, from Metrocentre Bus Station to Riverside Depot, Trust me it'll be half a dozen on the Footbridge, after that Zero.

(01 Feb 2014, 8:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I have seen Drivers from Gateshead walking back to Sunderland Road, when I have been on Gateshead High Street, Numerous Times. If the Cash is in a Drivers Bag, I would hardly think a Member of the Public would suspect a thing. Plus how many people do you think you'll past, from Metrocentre Bus Station to Riverside Depot, Trust me it'll be half a dozen on the Footbridge, after that Zero.

Trust me Adam, no driver walks from Sunderland Road to Gateshead with takings.....if they have a bag, it certainly has not got any takings in.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm)citaro5284 wrote Trust me Adam, no driver walks from Sunderland Road to Gateshead with takings.....if they have a bag, it certainly has not got any takings in.

Do/Would GNE frown upon drivers doing that, I couldn't imagine many drivers wanting to pound the streets with a bag full of cash

(01 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Do/Would GNE frown upon drivers doing that, I couldn't imagine many drivers wanting to pound the streets with a bag full of cash

Won't there be cash in machines at Gateshead Interchange itself, in/near the canteen?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm)busman101 wrote Bloody hell, we must have been in the same place at the same time almost there as I followed it as it came off the flyover after we left the Metrocentre Coach Park in the car - glad it was only going to Riverside as it wasn't going very fast !!!

Coppercap has a photo of it on the rare workings thread too.
Mind, the Metrocentre does get busy on a Saturday Wink

Will the new member of the Blaydon Racers family be out tomorrow?

(01 Feb 2014, 9:30 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Will the new member of the Blaydon Racers family be out tomorrow?

There won't be a Merc branded yet, no.

(01 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm)Dan wrote There won't be a Merc branded yet, no.

Ok, didn't think there had ben so t looks like a B10 is covering tomorrow, or making the most of the new depot, one of the spare Versas.

(01 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Ok, didn't think there had ben so t looks like a B10 is covering tomorrow, or making the most of the new depot, one of the spare Versas.

There is only 6 Blaydon Racers required on a Sunday, so in theory should be able to cope with the normal allocation of vehicles as they have 9.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 01 Feb 2014

So with riverside opening could we see some winlaton buses on sunderlnad rd routes and vise versa