North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Jimmi - 12 Nov 2015

(12 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm)S813 FVK But this could be avoided by all drivers going to Newcastle the same way as they go to Metrocentre. Over the bridge and along Handy Drive - some drivers do this already.
Often have drivers go different routes on the 100 in my experience to reach Newcastle, had some go under that low bridge then onto the A1(M) then A184, other times the same as the route as the X22 normally takes to reach the A1(M) to head to Durham and other times it will go straight along Handy Drive, think I even saw one go past MetrOasis to reach the A1(M) to head to Newcastle! Depends on the driver really.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - LVK 404L - 12 Nov 2015

(12 Nov 2015, 9:55 pm)S813 FVK Aye ive seen that one done in the past. Saw a couple go via Scotswood Road but i think this was due to high winds meaning it would have been diverted away from the Redheugh Bridge.

Yes but the original question was...does the 100 have single deckers due to any low bridges. Answer is on occasions yes.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - S813 FVK - 12 Nov 2015

There are at least 4 ways that i have seen it go - most are the ones that we have already established. I wonder how much time they have to get between the two as the routes will probably vary in lentgh (id say Handy Drive is the quickest).

(12 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm)ifm001 Yes but the original question was...does the 100 have single deckers due to any low bridges. Answer is on occasions yes.

But that low bridge can easily be avoided by not going that way.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - LVK 404L - 12 Nov 2015

(12 Nov 2015, 10:04 pm)S813 FVK There are at least 4 ways that i have seen it go - most are the ones that we have already established. I wonder how much time they have to get between the two as the routes will probably vary in lentgh (id say Handy Drive is the quickest).

Yes it can be avoided. I am merely mentioning what the original post enquired. It is good that there are variations to the route but the member who posted asked a specific question which has been answered

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Blueiain - 12 Nov 2015

The 100 first started as Mini Busways, due to passenger numbers they put on single
Deckers, as the buses used to run through the bridge at Dunston, if you look back you will see many deckers hitting that bridge

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Andreos1 - 13 Nov 2015

(12 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm)ifm001 Yes but was it all divisions of Tyne and Wear or just South Shields. Not many will have been travelling to Filtrona if it was just Shields

Not sure about all divisions, but there was certainly some representation on routes in Washington as relatives travelled into Birtley via bus on Christmas Day.

My memory doesn't go that far back and I have no idea whether it was a full or part route, but will see if I can do some digging.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - mrnut85 - 13 Nov 2015

(12 Nov 2015, 10:04 pm)S813 FVK There are at least 4 ways that i have seen it go - most are the ones that we have already established. I wonder how much time they have to get between the two as the routes will probably vary in lentgh (id say Handy Drive is the quickest).

Yes the bridge could be avoided but I believe the registration allows for the service to use several routes to help avoid traffic congestion. The X34 is the same between Boldon and Gateshead.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - railwaychri08 - 13 Nov 2015

Hi all,  newbie question but:

The Dennis Dart which has recently been allocated to Stockton, does anyone know if there is any intention for it to be used on Teeside or is it just effectively stored?

Cheers

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Cock Robin - 14 Nov 2015

Just stored I believe. Would have been good to use on that 959 this week but they haven't been.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - alanf - 14 Nov 2015

Which one is it

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Dextrovert - 15 Nov 2015

(13 Nov 2015, 10:39 am)Andreos1 Not sure about all divisions, but there was certainly some representation on routes in Washington as relatives travelled into Birtley via bus on Christmas Day.

My memory doesn't go that far back and I have no idea whether it was a full or part route, but will see if I can do some digging.

I remember way back when the buses in Newcastle on Christmas Day were basically services serving hospitals to allow people without their own transport to visit relatives. Think of the old "Inner Line" 41 sort of thing.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Simmy - 15 Nov 2015

Before the October changes to service X34, there were certain drivers allocated to the 'X34' rota. Is this still the case post the changes, or is the X34 now part of the core routes at South Shields Smile.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Kuyoyo - 15 Nov 2015

(14 Nov 2015, 8:24 pm)alanf Which one is it

34561 is listed as Stockton reserve.

In other news, work is ongoing inside Stockton depot to 'decommission' 21037 from her training specification. All additional parts (the additional pedals etc) are said to be passing to 20121 so that the depot retains 3 training vehicles.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - mrnut85 - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 4:17 am)Simmy Before the October changes to service X34, there were certain drivers allocated to the 'X34' rota. Is this still the case post the changes, or is the X34 now part of the core routes at South Shields Smile.
The X34 is operated by 15 dedicated driver's

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Simmy - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 8:32 am)mrnut85 The X34 is operated by 15 dedicated driver's
Cheers Smile

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Michael - 18 Nov 2015

How many Stagecoach buses have had the new radio system installed so far?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - NK53 TKT - 18 Nov 2015

(18 Nov 2015, 8:48 pm)Michael How many Stagecoach buses have had the new radio system installed so far?

35190 has it, was on my 32 this morning, as for Sunderland, South Shields and Stockten I don't know.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - mrnut85 - 18 Nov 2015

(18 Nov 2015, 8:48 pm)Michael How many Stagecoach buses have had the new radio system installed so far?
South Shields is nearly complete

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Michael - 18 Nov 2015

(18 Nov 2015, 10:34 pm)mrnut85 South Shields is nearly complete

Cheers for the info, any idea which depot will be next?

I can't remember off my head if you did a list of which order the depots would be done.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - mrnut85 - 19 Nov 2015

(18 Nov 2015, 10:49 pm)Michael Cheers for the info, any idea which depot will be next?

I can't remember off my head if you did a list of which order the depots would be done.
I believe Sunderland and Newcastle are also nearly done