North East Buses
Destination Display - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Destination Display (/showthread.php?tid=4105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Destination Display - Storx - 08 Feb 2023

(07 Feb 2023, 8:47 pm)F114TML wrote Nigel Featham or Feetham or however it's spelt.

Tbh it's a similar issue at Stagecoach, loads of buses where the swirls on the back aren't aligned between panels. No doubt in part due to them being hand painted rather than sprayed and stickers like GNE.

Aye must say the Stagecoach one is a bit all over aswell. Black light, not black lights, black around the windows, not black around the windows etc. 

Didn't it was hand painted though explains why they're slightly off aswell. 

Mind it's 10x better than the Arriva Interurban repaint some of them looked like they were done by a kid.

RE: Destination Display - Andreos1 - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 7:33 am)Storx wrote Aye must say the Stagecoach one is a bit all over aswell. Black light, not black lights, black around the windows, not black around the windows etc. 

Didn't it was hand painted though explains why they're slightly off aswell. 

Mind it's 10x better than the Arriva Interurban repaint some of them looked like they were done by a kid. 

Has RF hacked your account?

*admin, we have an imposter*

RE: Destination Display - BusesInTheNorth - 08 Feb 2023

It is good to see the Dest. Numbers going back onto the right-hand side, as it proves incredibly useful when there is a queue of buses etc.
It's somewhat reassuring (as mentioned above) to see GNE coming slowly out of the Ray Stenning phase - long may it continue.

I Genuinely hope the same person that re-designed maps, service guides and posters is allowed to try and design a livery or two when the time comes, it will be much more original than the work of Mr Stenning, who seems to be a Copier & Paster.

(08 Feb 2023, 8:51 am)Andreos1 wrote Has RF hacked your account?

*admin, we have an imposter*

Ha I can't let them off some of them were bad - https://www.flickr.com/photos/sjdavison28/7258911280.

That sort of absolute abomination, like I could comment on the ridiculous loop but I just have to comment on how they totally forgot to paint the left door - god knows how and it's not a replacement as the abomination of the loop goes through.

RE: Destination Display - Rob44 - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 9:51 am)Storx wrote Ha I can't let them off some of them were bad - https://www.flickr.com/photos/sjdavison28/7258911280.

That sort of absolute abomination, like I could comment on the ridiculous loop but I just have to comment on how they totally forgot to paint the left door - god knows how and it's not a replacement as the abomination of the loop goes through.

what the matter with that bus?  Looks fine to me

(08 Feb 2023, 9:56 am)Rob44 wrote what the matter with that bus?  Looks fine to me

It's supposed to be much tighter and curve into a white band at the front.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28011506@N04/16770235336 - That's the way should be done.

I would've linked the Cadets or the Commander from up here but they're botched aswell ironically.

RE: Destination Display - Retro Nero - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 10:06 am)Storx wrote It's supposed to be much tighter and curve into a white band at the front.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28011506@N04/16770235336 - That's the way should be done.

I would've linked the Cadets or the Commander from up here but they're botched aswell ironically.
Isn't this thread Destination Displays with GNE and not livery with Arriva?

RE: Destination Display - F114TML - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 9:34 am)BusesInTheNorth wrote It is good to see the Dest. Numbers going back onto the right-hand side, as it proves incredibly useful when there is a queue of buses etc.
It's somewhat reassuring (as mentioned above) to see GNE coming slowly out of the Ray Stenning phase - long may it continue.

I Genuinely hope the same person that re-designed maps, service guides and posters is allowed to try and design a livery or two when the time comes, it will be much more original than the work of Mr Stenning, who seems to be a Copier & Paster.
Having said that, I was once at Southwick on the 3, there was a 12 in front, so I parked overhanging the kerb to try and make sure people could see my number. Dropped people off, waited a while and no one came up so I shut the doors and waited for the 12 to leave (I had to park very close behind).

Guess what happened when the 12 pulled away and I pulled away with it...

That's not the only time that sort of thing's happened either - happened to me on the 16 outside Dunn House where a 4 was changing driver. If there's a bus at the stop, and a bus pulls up behind, isn't it just logic to go and see what bus it is, rather than to wait for it to pull out then run into the road waving your arms about and causing a massive blockage of a major trunk route?

(08 Feb 2023, 10:47 am)Retro Nero wrote Isn't this thread Destination Displays with GNE and not livery with Arriva?

Someone asked a question I'm not going to ignore it. If you don't like it then use the report button. 

I know bus spotters tend to be sad but we don't need people clamming on for a bit of power and being side line moderators. .

It's boring as hell and getting tedious now.

(08 Feb 2023, 10:06 am)Storx wrote It's supposed to be much tighter and curve into a white band at the front.

Ah right I can see the difference and the second one does look more professional but if I hadn't seen the second one I would be perfectly happy with the first one picking me up to take me to graft

RE: Destination Display - streetdeckfan - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 10:52 am)F114TML wrote Having said that, I was once at Southwick on the 3, there was a 12 in front, so I parked overhanging the kerb to try and make sure people could see my number. Dropped people off, waited a while and no one came up so I shut the doors and waited for the 12 to leave (I had to park very close behind).

That's not the only time that sort of thing's happened either - happened to me on the 16 outside Dunn House where a 4 was changing driver. If there's a bus at the stop, and a bus pulls up behind, isn't it just logic to go and see what bus it is, rather than to wait for it to pull out then run into the road waving your arms about and causing a massive blockage of a major trunk route?

Just think, if each route had their own brand, you wouldn't need to look at the route number (providing they were allocated right)

(08 Feb 2023, 10:52 am)F114TML wrote Having said that, I was once at Southwick on the 3, there was a 12 in front, so I parked overhanging the kerb to try and make sure people could see my number. Dropped people off, waited a while and no one came up so I shut the doors and waited for the 12 to leave (I had to park very close behind).

to b e fair loads of times whenI've been at a single bus stop and a bus is parked and mine comes behind ive walked down to get on and been " shoed" away by the drive cause they are not in the stop.  This happens loads at north end of high level and also happened at pilgrim street when a 57,58, 56 and 27 were all parked up and my little 28a came and wouldn't let anyone on till he got to the stop after the 4 buses has pulled away. Was raining too!

RE: Destination Display - Unber43 - 08 Feb 2023

I think one of the arguements were that the number being above the cab puts it in order as you say it

Instead of
Consett X45
how you say it is
X45 Consett

(08 Feb 2023, 6:13 pm)Unber43 wrote I think one of the arguements were that the number being above the cab puts it in order as you say it

Instead of
Consett X45
how you say it is
X45 Consett

Debatable mind, I'm going to Consett on the X45 is how I'd say it tbh. The other way sounds like I'm going on the X45 which happens to go to Consett and if I wanted to do that I'd omit the Consett altogether ie I'm going to the Metrocentre, I'll get the X45.

RE: Destination Display - Unber43 - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 6:31 pm)Storx wrote Debatable mind, I'm going to Consett on the X45 is how I'd say it tbh. The other way sounds like I'm going on the X45 which happens to go to Consett and if I wanted to do that I'd omit the Consett altogether ie I'm going to the Metrocentre, I'll get the X45.
I agree, but I think that was one of the arguments which was said

(08 Feb 2023, 6:35 pm)Unber43 wrote I agree, but I think that was one of the arguments which was said

Ah fair one, tbh I couldn't care what the destination says imo it's all about the number unless it's something like the 21 or X1 with different destinations.

Imagine most other people will be the same.

RE: Destination Display - Adrian - 08 Feb 2023

(08 Feb 2023, 11:17 am)Storx wrote Someone asked a question I'm not going to ignore it. If you don't like it then use the report button. 

I know bus spotters tend to be sad but we don't need people clamming on for a bit of power and being side line moderators. .

It's boring as hell and getting tedious now.
Probably not the wording I'd use, but I agree with the sentiment behind the post. I've moved the thread into the general operations thread for the North East, as its a bit of a niche subject to have separate threads for the three operators.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Destination Display - busmanT - 13 Feb 2023

(07 Feb 2023, 6:26 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Good to see the un-stenninging of GNE continuing!

Hopefully if finances get sorted out we can go back to having a bit more fun with the designs rather than the bland copy and paste designs. 

I still haven't got over the fact they got rid of the games on the tables!

Ironically, I saw someone on Twitter not long back giving MG credit for the games on the tables, he's the one that got rid of them!
Which side the route number was on was nothing to do with Ray Stenning!

It was clearly a preference of the previous MD, and contrary to PSVAR guidance as someone has already mentioned.

Don't Transdev have it on the offside ?

RE: Destination Display - Retro Nero - 31 May 2023

(10 Oct 2022, 2:56 pm)Retro Nero wrote I was talking to an elderly ex neighbour who told me she was at the Arnison Centre last week with a friend, They were dropped off by car and decided to return home (via Durham) by bus .
They let the service 20 go by as  the destination only read
via the Raintons and Houghton before asking the driver of the next 20 if he called at Durham to which he explained that he did.
Destination Displays should be updated for both directions
This is still the case......
Only showing Sunderland via Houghton on journeys from Langley Park.,no mention of Durham or Arnison Centre.
But journeys towards Langley Park show via Houghton, Durham and Arnison Centre,  needs updating

RE: Destination Display - Unber43 - 31 May 2023

The StreetDeck Display would be really helpful for the 21/X21/20 with them all passing through Durham

RE: Destination Display - Retro Nero - 09 Jun 2023

(06 Sep 2022, 12:44 pm)Retro Nero wrote Service 20 towards Langley Park is showing a few via points ( Houghton, The Raintons , Durham, Arnison Centre) yet on returning from Langley it just shows Sunderland via the Raintons & Houghton, no mention of Durham etc

Service 20 has now been updated on journeys towards Sunderland from Langley Park to show via Arnison Centre, Durham, The Raintons & Houghton

RE: Destination Display - Unber43 - 09 Jun 2023

65 towards Hetton-Le-Hole on an evening flashes between 65 Durham/Hetton-Le-Hole/Seaham

RE: Destination Display - Retro Nero - 14 Jun 2023

Service 20 on leaving Houghton Cut towards Langley Park, annoounces "next stop Hillside Way,Lidl" but before it reaches Lidl it announces " next stop Market place" which is two stops later then doesn't announce the next two stops.( Newbottle St. & Houghton Church),then starts again at Seaham Rd.

RE: Destination Display - Retro Nero - 14 Jun 2023

(14 Jun 2023, 8:25 pm)Retro Nero wrote Service 20 on leaving Houghton Cut towards Langley Park, annoounces "next stop Hillside Way,Lidl" but before it reaches Lidl it announces " next stop Market place" which is two stops later then doesn't announce the next two stops.( Newbottle St. & Houghton Church),then starts again at Seaham Rd.

Sorry I meant to post this in "Next stop announcements"

RE: Destination Display - F114TML - 15 Jun 2023

I see the A on the 2A is back to full height, and the same width as the 2 - at least on the Berries.

RE: Destination Display - Iamtheone8483748 - 28 Jun 2023

Just seen a picture on Flickr, have GNE changed their NIS style blind or is it just the wrong one showing? https://flic.kr/p/2oLcvEi

RE: Destination Display - S813 FVK - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 7:26 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Just seen a picture on Flickr, have GNE changed their NIS style blind or is it just the wrong one showing? https://flic.kr/p/2oLcvEi

6063 has had a smaller front screen size programmed in since it returned to service a few months ago. Looks to be the size used for coaches like 7108/7110.

RE: Destination Display - Blockybus - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 7:26 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Just seen a picture on Flickr, have GNE changed their NIS style blind or is it just the wrong one showing? https://flic.kr/p/2oLcvEi

It is using the wrong profile (using the coach one)

RE: Destination Display - Iamtheone8483748 - 28 Jun 2023

Ah, thanks!

RE: Destination Display - Blockybus - 29 Jun 2023

Depot have fixed it this morning