North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 23 Aug 2013

Wow!! 10 replies in 20 mins Tongue

On a separate note, the 67/69 will be operated by Saltmeadows from next weekend.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 7:55 pm)aureolin wrote Speculation alert, but the looking at the numbers, potential for the North Tyne Links or Venture? NTL has 11 branded vehicles, whilst Venture has 12. I can only see them sufficing as a replacement for a current MPD router. I had thought WSS at first but they have 14 branded vehicles allocated. :s

Im sure the M2/M3 were getting the Versa's from saltwell park leaving the MPD's on the W5/W6 - maybe the Versa go on them and some of the Solo's on M2/M3.

Lets have a look at new buses in the coming months:

16 Streetlites
11 Ciatro
Now confirmed
14 Versas - Looks like the 58
12 Solo SR models - Didn't expect that.

Also Renember when the Versa's arrived for the 42, Orbit, GNE launched the 36 for them the ones we had no idea where they would go.... aureolin...

Y is Saltmeadows operating the 67/69 for/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm)citaro5284 wrote Wow!! 10 replies in 20 mins Tongue

Well we did need to spark a little bit of life into the forum - it's been a bit quiet today...
Looking back to April, we did receive a little hint that such vehicles would be an MPD replacement (see here).

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael wrote Im sure the M2/M3 were getting the Versa's from saltwell park leaving the MPD's on the W5/W6 - maybe the Versa go on them and some of the Solo's on M2/M3.

Lets have a look at new buses in the coming months:

16 Streetlites
11 Ciatro
Now confirmed
14 Versas - Looks like the 58
12 Solo SR models - Didn't expect that.

Also Renember when the Versa's arrived for the 42, Orbit, GNE launched the 36 for them the ones we had no idea where they would go.... aureolin...

Yeah that's true. It generally doesn't happen though in my experience. X7, the short lived X36/X37, and the new X36, being good examples of that.

Plans changed regarding the Mercs, Michael. They're definitely new, as citaro5284 has confirmed.
The main point of that post reminder was the confirmation of MPD replacement.

(23 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm)Daniel wrote Plans changed regarding the Mercs. They're definitely new, as citaro5284 has confirmed.
The main point of that post reminder was the confirmation of MPD replacement.

Alright but we know what GNE are like..

The branded MPD routes include

Tynedale links - 8 Branded
East Durham - 17 but can be cut down
Washington Street shuttle - 14
OK way - 2
Venture - 11

Take your pick.. i have a feeling Street Shuttle

(23 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm)Rob wrote You would think I don't drop enough hints. Just to be clear, they are for Consett.

Tbh Rob i can't even remember your hints, i got bad memory.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:13 pm)Michael wrote Alright but we know what GNE are like..

The branded MPD routes include

Tynedale links - 8 Branded
East Durham - 17 but can be cut down
Washington Street shuttle - 14
OK way - 2
Venture - 11

Take your pick.. i have a feeling Street Shuttle

Don't forget the WSS are 'supposed' to be getting 8294-301. Plus, the mention of 'County Durham' suggests either East Durham based at Peterlee only or Venture.

(23 Aug 2013, 8:17 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Don't forget the WSS are 'supposed' to be getting 8294-301. Plus, the mention of 'County Durham' suggests either East Durham based at Peterlee only or Venture.

I wanted to say the 20/20A since they only have 12 scania's... =(

Does the Venture/East Durhams buses get used as much?

(23 Aug 2013, 8:17 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Don't forget the WSS are 'supposed' to be getting 8294-301. Plus, the mention of 'County Durham' suggests either East Durham based at Peterlee only or Venture.

This was all part of citaro5284's plan! He's got us squirming for an answer!

Also mentions T&W too, which I previously quoted when guessing East Durham.
There is an endless amount of suggestions we could come up with having been told to look at the MPDs within the fleet. Of course it's all going to be speculation until they arrive (or we receive confirmation!)

If it wasn't "East Durham", I'd like to see a split between "The OK Way" (3, allowing for expansion of the service OR 1 spare) and "Tynedale Links" (9, allowing for a spare and also withdrawal/sale of the Concept and SPD there too). There is only one X-reg MPD at Hexham which could be withdrawn, but the newer MPDs could replace the other X-reg MPDs within the fleet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Panasonic44 - 23 Aug 2013

Im confused, are the current Citaros going to be replaced in the next 12 months?

If you so what sort of replacements will they be?

(23 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Im confused, are the current Citaros going to be replaced in the next 12 months?

The 58 will be getting versa's but longer versions to the ones currently on the Saltwell park/drifter/orbit/Simplicty.

Bendies withdrawn.

Looking forward to gold Versa's

(23 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Im confused, are the current Citaros going to be replaced in the next 12 months?

If you're referring to the replacement post mentioned in an above link, MPDs within the fleet are to be replaced (hence the growing speculation of the 12 SRs replacing MPDs).
At the time, the plan was to have sourced Citaros go to the "MetroLINK" M1 service, but an order was later placed for new vehicles, as confirmed by citaro5284.

(23 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm)Daniel wrote If you're referring to the replacement post mentioned in an above link, MPDs within the fleet are to be replaced (hence the growing speculation of the 12 SRs replacing MPDs).
At the time, the plan was to have sourced Citaros go to the "MetroLINK" M1 service, but an order was later placed for new vehicles, as confirmed by citaro5284.

Can someone give us all a list of what is coming... cause i think people is getting confused and what they will replace... ill leave that to Daniel Big Grin

By December we could have most MPD gone and only a few SPD left.. =D

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm)Daniel wrote At the time, the plan was to have sourced Citaros go to the "MetroLINK" M1 service, but an order was later placed for new vehicles

Of course, it could have always been the plan to buy new Citaro's as they could have been 'sourced' from the Manufacturer.

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 7:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote http://www.optare.com/pr_latest.htm

A piece about new vehicles ordered from Optare

I see we've been landed with those God awful V2 seats, personally would have preferred the V3 as far as having a headrest goes. I suppose we were all dreaming for the seats to be Irati Imperial lol!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 23 Aug 2013

The Versas will obviously go on the 58, as for the Solo SR's

Venture has 12, but why would they go on there if 618/19 have just been repainted and rebranded, that would've been pointless otherwise.

North Tyne Links 11 plus 1 spare

Washington Street Shuttle could be a possibility, as I think that only uses 12 Buses now with 3 Spare which end up on the 88/88A everyday, Which could result in the Saltwell Park(8) and Drifter(1) going on the 88/88A instead, then the other 2 Drifter Spares going on the OK Way - Probably reading into it too much on this one, but it makes quite a lot of sense in my opinion.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:39 pm)the pilot wrote I see we've been landed with those God awful V2 seats, personally would have preferred the V3 as far as having a headrest goes. I suppose we were all dreaming for the seats to be Irati Imperial lol!

V3s would certainly be nice, but the V2s aren't bad - I quite like them! Just be thankful they aren't 'delightful' Urban 90s Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:51 pm)BJ10VUS wrote V3s would certainly be nice, but the V2s aren't bad - I quite like them! Just be thankful they aren't 'delightful' Urban 90s Tongue

Some of the MPDs have them, anybody know which ones?

(23 Aug 2013, 8:57 pm)the pilot wrote Some of the MPDs have them, anybody know which ones?

618/619.

(23 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm)Daniel wrote 618/619.

Am I right in thinking these are the only vehicles in the entire current GNE fleet with Urban 90s? 618 and 619 came from Redby, so GNE didn't choose Urban 90s for these vehicles.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 23 Aug 2013

Here's hoping there for East Durham (sorry my local services!) Peterlee do have quit a few older MPD's, probably more than Percy Main & Consett. However the numbers suggest it isn't for them unless some services are leaving the brand? But I don't know, with the 238 could be curtailed at Seaham at really, with a PVR of 1 and possible interworking with the 202 if needed, then that could reduce some.
I'm not 100% on the PVR's of East Durham but here a little few;
-202/259/260/265: Requires 7 buses? I think there's 3 do a clockwise cycle, 4 do anti clockwise.
-208: 2 buses.
-209: 1 bus.
-201: 1 bus.
-238: 2 buses.
But then there is the 923 and 206 which don't have regular timetable, I know the some 206 works onto 923 etc. So I don't know what buses are needed there and wether some journeys work of 260's which is possible but that's 13 buses and the 206 needs 1 so that's 14 which is still more than the 12 ordered. Unless some other solo SR's in the fleet could make up the numbers? Saltmeadows have 10, Deptford have 2 is there any room for fleet movements there?

(23 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Am I right in thinking these are the only vehicles in the entire current GNE fleet with Urban 90s? 618 and 619 came from Redby, so GNE didn't choose Urban 90s for these vehicles.

As far as I know, yup.
Despite the Urban 90 seating, I would say that 618/9 are the best MPDs in the fleet (not surprising, given that they're the youngest too).

(23 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm)Daniel wrote As far as I know, yup.
Despite the Urban 90 seating, I would say that 618/9 are the best MPDs in the fleet (not surprising, given that they're the youngest too).

I agree. The interiors are nicer, with the black flooring over the red used in the 'standard' MPDs.

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm)AdamY wrote Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Buses are potential gold-mines for feedback. That's what I meant about being essentially cornered on bus journeys with little else better to do. If you approach passenger in a friendly way and state that their opinion will help to inform how to improve current services, I bet most of them will gladly take the time to answer survey questions. A prize draw for, say, a free weeks travel will do wonders for the response rate.

I agree wholeheartedly about your views on door-to-door distribution. Internet surveys can be useful, but they are open to all sorts of abuse that can obscure results. For example, with Survey Monkey, there is nothing stopping me from competing a survey multiple times. However, with Facebook and Twitter, that can be circumvented but, remember, not everyone wants (or has the means) to engage with social media. That's why face-to-face wins hands down for me every time.

The only problem with onboard surveys is that they only reach people who already use the service, not potential users who may also have valid points that may encourage them to use a revised service and therefore increase overall ridership. I don't see what was wrong with the old fashioned mixed method of distributing them on board (current customers), in travelshops (public transport users - potential customers) and online (mixture of current and potential users, enthusiasts and trolls). If there was then a strong preference, it should still come out, despite a bit of background noise from the online responses.

On response rates, I believe the 20% relates to random samples, much higher rates should be expected from targeted surveys (e.g. on board, in interchanges etc). The fact they "achieved" a whopping 6% suggests they were surveying the wrong people (a cynic would suggest deliberately, so they could be 'justified' in implementing the changes that had likely already been confirmed and registered with VOSA)...

(23 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Unless some other solo SR's in the fleet could make up the numbers? Saltmeadows have 10, Deptford have 2 is there any room for fleet movements there?

No spares at Deptford. Believe there are two spares at Saltmeadows though - that are often required for other services having VORs.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote The Versas will obviously go on the 58, as for the Solo SR's

Venture has 12, but why would they go on there if 618/19 have just been repainted and rebranded, that would've been pointless otherwise.

North Tyne Links 11 plus 1 spare

Washington Street Shuttle could be a possibility, as I think that only uses 12 Buses now with 3 Spare which end up on the 88/88A everyday, Which could result in the Saltwell Park(8) and Drifter(1) going on the 88/88A instead, then the other 2 Drifter Spares going on the OK Way - Probably reading into it too much on this one, but it makes quite a lot of sense in my opinion.

I wouldn't discount it just on that reason. Look at the Crusader for an example of that. That livery could have only been on a couple of month max?

[Image: 8409596328_97dc6d5dbc.jpg]
Credit: Adam Malarkey

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 23 Aug 2013

(23 Aug 2013, 9:35 pm)aureolin wrote I wouldn't discount it just on that reason. Look at the Crusader for an example of that. That livery could have only been on a couple of month max?

[Image: 8409596328_97dc6d5dbc.jpg]
Credit: Adam Malarkey

Really? I'm sure it was around for longer than that? More like a year or so? And it looked a damn site better than the new silver version!

(23 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm)Daniel wrote If you're referring to the replacement post mentioned in an above link, MPDs within the fleet are to be replaced (hence the growing speculation of the 12 SRs replacing MPDs).

Shame was hoping for Citaros on 27 to be replace/move to M1 to be replaced for bigger bus e.g to bring back old renowns.

(23 Aug 2013, 9:44 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Really? I'm sure it was around for longer than that? More like a year or so? And it looked a damn site better than the new silver version!

I think it was from Oct last year till May ( i may be wrong, its been that long, they should have kept the old logo.)