North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 17 Jan 2014

(17 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm)Dan wrote To be fair, from a passenger point of view, I much prefer a quieter bus than a loud one.

As a retired vehicle engineer (with particular involvement with transmissions) I appreciate the sounds of old buses (the Bedford OB has an enduring sound like no other vehicle and is music to my ears), but it disturbs me as a passenger (as well as as a transmission engineer) when the transmission (either gearbox or rear axle) screams - they were never designed to be noisy (with the possible exception of Voith Rolleyes ).

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 18 Jan 2014

8249 parked up in cls depot today, wonder if the 71 may get these?

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 18 Jan 2014

(17 Jan 2014, 9:30 pm)andreos1 wrote But that's what we are, 'gricers'.

Putting it into this analogy, a younger lass, with nice smooth curves, full of plastic - might look fantastic, but the ride isn't always what you expected.

The older woman, might be rough around the edges - but sounds fantastic and gives you an enjoyable ride, meaning every time you get off, you fail to be disappointed.

I could just imagine people walking round saying 'look at her, theres an Olympian if I ever saw one' or 'By god she is an SPD, she looks she's been round the block' or 'look at the features on that Streetlite'

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 9:30 am)fozzovmurton wrote I could just imagine people walking round saying 'look at her, theres an Olympian if I ever saw one' or 'By god she is an SPD, she looks she's been round the block' or 'look at the features on that Streetlite'

The thing is, there will be people who say just that!
Maybe not the SPD like haha

(17 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm)Bazza Houston wrote would have gone but am at a Sunderland A.F.C match there at home to Southampton but if they were away i would have more than likely went

You could go before the match Baz ;-) might have a wander along myself later when am in the town

(18 Jan 2014, 9:49 am)andreos1 wrote The thing is, there will be people who say just that!
Maybe not the SPD like haha

The day I compare a woman to a bus will be the day you can blow my head off...

Now for the SPD comparison, she is just the local bike...the dirty slut who has been everywhere and nearly everybody has had a ride on it...had a couple of SPD's myself...

These days I prefer a Cadet or Scania, not the greatest lookers, but have some personality lmao

RE: Go North East - Latest - randomdude - 18 Jan 2014

The yellow solar (cant remember fleet no.) has just gone flying up the A1, presumably for Hexham depot.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 12:26 pm)randomdude wrote The yellow solar (cant remember fleet no.) has just gone flying up the A1, presumably for Hexham depot.

Indeed 5210 has just recently left Deptford.

547 has also been transferred to Saltmeadows with 564 currently at Deptford for onward transfer to Peterlee.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 12:30 pm)Dan wrote Indeed 5210 has just recently left Deptford.

547 has also been transferred to Saltmeadows with 564 currently at Deptford for onward transfer to Peterlee.

Where do you get all of this info from Tongue
That's the main reason why I decided to turn to forums as well as the GNE website, I find all the nitty gritty parts get mentioned here long before they do on the GNE website.

(18 Jan 2014, 1:45 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Where do you get all of this info from Tongue
That's the main reason why I decided to turn to forums as well as the GNE website, I find all the nitty gritty parts get mentioned here long before they do on the GNE website.

We've got eyes and ears all across the region! Wink

6090 is at today's promotional event again. The promotional team were all very happy to get in photographs and although I didn't get a chocolate bar, I still got a nice scratchcard!

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 18 Jan 2014

Cobalt clipper page updated on GNE

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 18 Jan 2014

What else has deptford lost so far this weekend?
Any deckers?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 18 Jan 2014

wonder where 6088 is still need to photo that bus and begin cobalt clipper mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlM0L27hxg sorry about the tune as it seemed more appropriate

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 4:18 pm)Bazza Houston wrote wonder where 6088 is still need to photo that bus and begin cobalt clipper mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlM0L27hxg sorry about the tune as it seemed more appropriate

I heard 6088 was suffering with some Technical Difficulties, after over hearing you were lurking shadows awaiting to photograph her Bazza, This is most likely the same Reason we haven't seen the Cobalt Clipper B9's yet also. I also heard GNE were putting sensors onto them which will be fitted into the front light clusters which will prevent them from Entering Haymarket, Bit like an Asda Trolley, you can only take as far as the Red Line on the Perimeter of the Store before comes to complete stand still, this will result in the 309/310 being re-routed when coming into Newcastle Bazza. As GNE know you'll take all of your Photos from that exact spot, I also heard that "NEXUS" gave them the tip off.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 18 Jan 2014

547 is the deptford northern MPD? Peterlee seem to be getting a new spare then, unless something is leaving Peterlee or is there something VOR?

(18 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I heard 6088 was suffering with some Technical Difficulties, after over hearing you were lurking shadows awaiting to photograph her Bazza, This is most likely the same Reason we haven't seen the Cobalt Clipper B9's yet also. I also heard GNE were putting sensors onto them which will be fitted into the front light clusters which will prevent them from Entering Haymarket, Bit like an Asda Trolley, you can only take as far as the Red Line on the Perimeter of the Store before comes to complete stand still, this will result in the 309/310 being re-routed when coming into Newcastle Bazza. As GNE know you'll take all of your Photos from that exact spot, I also heard that "NEXUS" gave them the tip off.

I've never heard such utter rubbish in all my life!

The "Cobalt Clipper" B9TLs are receiving a full rear blind prior to entering service as they should have done in the manufacturing process.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I heard 6088 was suffering with some Technical Difficulties

No its not, is just waiting for the paperwork so the vehicle can be taxed.

(18 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 547 is the deptford northern MPD? Peterlee seem to be getting a new spare then, unless something is leaving Peterlee or is there something VOR?

Yes, I think Peterlee will gain an additional spare.
Deptford aren't really at a loss in this situation and can afford to lose a spare, but Peterlee certainly do need one as they only have one at present.

(18 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote No its not, is just waiting for the paperwork so the vehicle can be taxed.

I was Joking Citaro5284 as Bazza is so keen to Photograph it bless him, I thought i'd have a little joke on with him about it, you should of went along with it, I went to great effort putting that post together.

(18 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I was Joking Citaro5284 as Bazza is so keen to Photograph it bless him, I thought i'd have a little joke on with him about it, you should of went along with it, I went to great effort putting that post together.

I don't think Bazza would have found your post humorous in the slightest. I certainly didn't find it funny, and I don't think citaro5284 understood it was a 'joke' either.
Both parties must find something funny for it to be a joke.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I was Joking Citaro5284 as Bazza is so keen to Photograph it bless him, I thought i'd have a little joke on with him about it, you should of went along with it, I went to great effort putting that post together.

I think you need to put MORE effort into then Tongue

(18 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm)Dan wrote I don't think Bazza would have found your post humorous in the slightest. I certainly didn't find it funny, and I don't think citaro5284 understood it was a 'joke' either.
Both parties must find something funny for it to be a joke.

Joking was perhaps the wrong word to use as it wasn't meant to be funny, I think summing it up as more like winding him up a little, would be better suited. Next time I shall remember to be much more effort and creativity into it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 5:07 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Joking was perhaps the wrong word to use as it wasn't meant to be funny, I think summing it up as more like winding him up a little, would be better suited. Next time I shall remember to be much more effort and creativity into it.

i did not find it funny at all winding me up will fail as i know every trick and no i wont be wound up again i feel like am being hassled not being nasty or owt but i know the tricks of the trade

(18 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I heard 6088 was suffering with some Technical Difficulties, after over hearing you were lurking shadows awaiting to photograph her Bazza, This is most likely the same Reason we haven't seen the Cobalt Clipper B9's yet also. I also heard GNE were putting sensors onto them which will be fitted into the front light clusters which will prevent them from Entering Haymarket, Bit like an Asda Trolley, you can only take as far as the Red Line on the Perimeter of the Store before comes to complete stand still, this will result in the 309/310 being re-routed when coming into Newcastle Bazza. As GNE know you'll take all of your Photos from that exact spot, I also heard that "NEXUS" gave them the tip off.

Well that attempt at a joke went down like a dose of the clap

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 18 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Well that attempt at a joke went down like a dose of the clap

That is hilarious!

Also, I don't appreciate my post been deleted.

(18 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That is hilarious!

Also, I don't appreciate my post been deleted.

I edited a mistake in my post. You quoted my original post seconds before I edited it - I therefore deleted the post to avoid confusion. It was not done to spite you... Dodgy

Riverside is now almost at completion. I had a tour of the depot today (under supervision), and my tour guide gave me permission to take photographs to show everyone.

A set of thirty photographs takes you through my tour on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/sets/72157639899421746/

Included are photographs inside and outside of the depot, and also some photographs of the silver B9TLs which are currently being stored at Riverside.

(18 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote Riverside is now almost at completion. I had a tour of the depot today (under supervision), and my tour guide gave me permission to take photographs to show everyone.

A set of thirty photographs takes you through my tour on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/sets/72157639899421746/

Included are photographs inside and outside of the depot, and also some photographs of the silver B9TLs which are currently being stored at Riverside.

How did manage that mate, d'you have an inside contact or did you just write to GNE or something???

Nice pictures anyway mate

(18 Jan 2014, 8:59 pm)fozzovmurton wrote How did manage that mate, d'you have an inside contact or did you just write to GNE or something???

Nice pictures anyway mate

The depot manager is a very nice guy! Offered to give me a tour of the depot, and even offered a cuppa tea at the end.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 18 Jan 2014

With the riverside opening will we see some winlaton branded buses on other routes exapmle 27 and sunderland rd branded buses on there's exapmle 10 r somthing