North East Buses
2015/16 Football Season - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2015/16 Football Season (/showthread.php?tid=1497)

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 7:21 pm)MrFozz I honestly think they would to be fair mate, I can't think of a time when it has been done to us as the London 7/7 Terrorist occurred in July and as such, there were no competitive games.

We also had a moment silence after 9/11 back in 2001

I would so!

I hope they'll be putting our flag on their profile pictures to if it happens, not wanting to sound like a nob. 

9/11 is still shocking to this day - its one of the worst we've ever had.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 7:24 pm)Michael I would so!

I hope they'll be putting our flag on their profile pictures to if it happens, not wanting to sound like a nob. 

9/11 is still shocking to this day - its one of the worst we've ever had.

I am sure Facebook are getting grief over the flag thing with critics saying, why was it not done after recent terrorism in Lebanon, Tunisia and for the Russian Jet blown out the sky in North Sinai...

I would argue Facebook have set a precedent and will have to do it after more Terrorist Attacks

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Andreos1 - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)MrFozz I am sure Facebook are getting grief over the flag thing with critics saying, why was it not done after recent terrorism in Lebanon, Tunisia and for the Russian Jet blown out the sky in North Sinai...

I would argue Facebook have set a precedent and will have to do it after more Terrorist Attacks

No idea what the Mali flag looks like, but if fb follow their precedent, we will soon be finding out!

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 8:14 pm)Andreos1 No idea what the Mali flag looks like, but if fb follow their precedent, we will soon be finding out!
Mali Flag

[Image: 1280px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png]

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 22 Nov 2015

Watmore signs new long-term deal

Forward signs new contract until summer 2020.
England Under-21 international Duncan Watmore has put pen to paper in a new four-year deal with Sunderland AFC.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2015/november/watmore-signs-new-contract?utm_source=home_slide&utm_medium=state_0&utm_campaign=newsteam_news2015novemberwatmore_signs_new_contract

-------------

Over the moon, hes had a great week for England U21's.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - LeeCalder - 22 Nov 2015

Gateshead FC have sacked manager Malcolm Crosby and assistant Gary Owers following the 4-1 home defeat to bottom of the league FC Halifax Town, and a run of just one win in eight.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Diamond One - 23 Nov 2015

Sunderland won 1-0 Jermaine Defoe

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - LeeCalder - 23 Nov 2015

Micky Cummins and Ben Clark will be in temporary charge of Gateshead for Saturday's visit of Chester in the Vanarama National League on Saturday.

And no, it isn't Chester-le-Street, as many others have thought in the past.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Diamond One - 23 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 10:39 pm)LeeCalder Micky Cummins and Ben Clark will be in temporary charge of Gateshead for Saturday's visit of Chester in the Vanarama National League on Saturday.

And no, it isn't Chester-le-Street, as many others have thought in the past.

Ben Clark used to play for Sunderland

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - LeeCalder - 24 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 10:59 pm)Diamond One Ben Clark used to play for Sunderland

Indeed he did. Well past it now though.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - LeeCalder - 27 Nov 2015

Gateshead have appointed former FC Halifax Town boss Neil Aspin as new first team manager.

"GATESHEAD are delighted to announce the appointment of Neil Aspin as first-team manager.

It is a first managerial post for Aspin since leaving FC Halifax Town in September, the 50-year-old having spent over six years as boss at the Shay.
Born in Gateshead, Aspin began his playing career with Leeds United, making over 200 appearances for his boyhood club before moving to Port Vale.
He was to spend the next decade with the Valiants, skippering the side and establishing himself as a firm fans’ favourite during a memorable period for the club.
After seeing out his playing days with the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool United, Aspin took up his first managerial position with Harrogate Town halfway through the 2004-05 campaign.
He remained with the Wetherby Road outfit for four-and-a-half years, guiding the club to a series of top-half finishes in the then Conference North.
He was appointed Halifax boss in 2009, leading the Shaymen to back-to-back promotions before finishing fifth in their first season back in the top-flight of the non-league game.
They ended the 2014-15 campaign in ninth-spot, Aspin’s last full season at the Shay.
The Heed’s new boss will be formally introduced to the media this morning, having put pen to paper on an 18-month contract on Tyneside.
Gateshead chairman Richard Bennett is thrilled to have landed his ideal candidate for the hotseat.
He said: “I am delighted to make Neil my first managerial appointment since taking over the club.
“We have interviewed some excellent candidates. However, Neil displayed all of the attributes and characteristics I was looking for in a manager.
“He has vast experience and knowledge of this league, a fantastic track record and a great eye for spotting talent.
“Neil left Gateshead at the age of 16 to pursue a distinguished playing career before moving into management.
“His time has come to return to the North East to manage his hometown club. His enthusiasm and ambition to take Gateshead Football Club back into the Football League matches my own aspirations, as well as those of my board and everyone connected with the club.
“It was important for me that I made the right choice, and Neil is the perfect appointment.
“I was greatly impressed with his appetite for the job. It is a position he has craved for and now he has it. This is the beginning of a new chapter in the history of Gateshead Football Club.
“Ben Clark and Micky Cummins have done an outstanding job this week under difficult circumstances. They have galvanised the players – who have responded positively – and they will remain in charge and select the team for Saturday's home game against Chester.
“Neil will take in the game before taking up his new role on Monday morning.
“I am looking forward to working with Neil and welcome him to Gateshead Football Club.”

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - mb134 - 28 Nov 2015

It isn't this hard to defend!! 

We shouldn't have renewed Coloccini's contract, he needs to go, Dummett just gets worse, can't really blame Elliot.

We need change now, and as much as I like him, and think it would work long term, McClaren needs to go, we need someone to come in and shake this up. I think a certain David Moyes is available.... If he'd want to come is a different matter however.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - L469 YVK - 28 Nov 2015

Well, looks like some of the EU unit at Riverside will enjoy some overtime next season if the Smoggies don't get promoted!

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 28 Nov 2015

(28 Nov 2015, 4:41 pm)mb134 It isn't this hard to defend!! 

We shouldn't have renewed Coloccini's contract, he needs to go, Dummett just gets worse, can't really blame Elliot.

We need change now, and as much as I like him, and think it would work long term, McClaren needs to go, we need someone to come in and shake this up. I think a certain David Moyes is available.... If he'd want to come is a different matter however.

What the hell happened? I reckon Cashley will stay with McClaren, just to troll the Newcastle fans.

Well least Sunderland won 2-0 today...Van- Aanholt and Watmore scored.

Boro won 1-0

Gateshead also won 1-0

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - S813 FVK - 28 Nov 2015

To be fair, i think the only reason Sunderland won was because Ryan Shawcross was sent off for Stoke.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - mb134 - 28 Nov 2015

(28 Nov 2015, 5:02 pm)Michael What the hell happened? I reckon Cashley will stay with McClaren, just to troll the Newcastle fans.

Well least Sunderland won 2-0 today...Van- Aanholt and Watmore scored.

Boro won 1-0

Gateshead also won 1-0

Hopefully he will realise that, if he sticks with McClaren, we're only going in one direction. 

Looking forward to a Tyne Wear derby in the Championship next season, while the Boro are loving life in the Prem Wink

(28 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm)S813 FVK To be fair, i think the only reason Sunderland won was because Ryan Shawcross was sent off for Stoke.

No, we played good all game even when it was 11 v 11.

Are u just jealous we won Wink

(28 Nov 2015, 5:08 pm)mb134 Hopefully he will realise that, if he sticks with McClaren, we're only going in one direction. 

Looking forward to a Tyne Wear derby in the Championship next season, while the Boro are loving life in the Prem Wink

We'll see Wink

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - S813 FVK - 28 Nov 2015

(28 Nov 2015, 5:13 pm)Michael No, we played good all game even when it was 11 v 11.

Are u just jealous we won Wink

Heh - i must admit, i don't really like Sunderland as a place that much. I just think that it is slightly too modern (caused by the city shift) and i hate the bridges (although i do prefer it to Eldon Square). The green away strip is sickly though.

(28 Nov 2015, 5:19 pm)S813 FVK Heh - i must admit, i don't really like Sunderland as a place that much. I just think that it is slightly too modern (caused by the city shift) and i hate the bridges (although i do prefer it to Eldon Square). The green away strip is sickly though.

Neither do i and i live here!

Rather go to the Metrocentre shopping - although next 5 or so years, the whole city will hopefully be improved... if ya interested to see whats happening go to the Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc thread in the Bus Operations, Management & Infrastructure thread so we don't go off topic. =).