North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:30 pm)Dan Hit the nail on the head there.

would be alright on the 5

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan The 56 serves Vermont, Washington. This passes the Industrial Road junction in Washington, where Washington depot is situated.

Sometimes the 56 might go into Washington depot if the bus is a bit broken. Happened to me once where my 56 drove into the depot and everyone got transferred onto a waiting Volvo B7TL / Plaxton. Got a photo of the Solar (I think, it might have been some other vehicle) in the depot from the top deck of the B7TL whilst the driver was setting the bus up.

(17 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm)GMitchelhill Sometimes the 56 might go into Washington depot if the bus is a bit broken. Happened to me once where my 56 drove into the depot and everyone got transferred onto a waiting Volvo B7TL / Plaxton. Got a photo of the Solar (I think, it might have been some other vehicle) in the depot from the top deck of the B7TL whilst the driver was setting the bus up.

as the m3 stops right outside that will probably be where m3 swaps over

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm)GMitchelhill Sometimes the 56 might go into Washington depot if the bus is a bit broken. Happened to me once where my 56 drove into the depot and everyone got transferred onto a waiting Volvo B7TL / Plaxton. Got a photo of the Solar (I think, it might have been some other vehicle) in the depot from the top deck of the B7TL whilst the driver was setting the bus up.

Slightly worrying that the President wasn't parked outside of the depot if it was planned... Guessing you and other passengers didn't have a high visibility jacket on, and that shouldn't have been allowed.
Last time something similar happened to me, both buses parked outside of the depot.

I think the chances of a bus feeling unwell and needing to be replaced at Washington depot are slim though, so I wouldn't like to think danpick relied on the 56 serving the depot as a result of that! Tongue

(17 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm)Dan Slightly worrying that the President wasn't parked outside of the depot if it was planned... Guessing you and other passengers didn't have a high visibility jacket on, and that shouldn't have been allowed.
Last time something similar happened to me, both buses parked outside of the depot.

I think the chances of a bus feeling unwell and needing to be replaced at Washington depot are slim though, so I wouldn't like to think danpick relied on the 56 serving the depot as a result of that! Tongue

pity but i think i will just get the m3 and try and get a pics of the south tynes and wss

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:31 pm)danpick would be alright on the 5

Could be a Route Extension to Boldon Planned, Plus if only 1 Versa is being Repainted per Week, That'll mean it'll be the end of January before they are Branded. But for a Extension GNE would only be extend one of the Routes to maintain the current PVR which would most likely be the 88 from Jarrow onwards to Boldon with the 88A staying how it is to Lukes Lane Every 30 Minutes. I'll stop Speculating now as we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And Just for Michael

[attachment=4978]

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:19 pm)Adam Malarkey could also mean they won't be repainted Lilac either which is another bit of information Unconfirmed.

I reckon they will be lilac.....anyone fancy a bet with me that they will be a different colour Big Grin

(17 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm)Adam Malarkey Could be a Route Extension to Boldon Planned, Plus if only 1 Versa is being Repainted per Week, That'll mean it'll be the end of January before they are Branded. But for a Extension GNE would only be extend one of the Routes to maintain the current PVR which would most likely be the 88 from Jarrow onwards to Boldon with the 88A staying how it is to Lukes Lane Every 30 Minutes. I'll stop Speculating now as we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And Just for Michael

looks really good

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm)Adam Malarkey Could be a Route Extension to Boldon Planned, Plus if only 1 Versa is being Repainted per Week, That'll mean it'll be the end of January before they are Branded. But for a Extension GNE would only be extend one of the Routes to maintain the current PVR which would most likely be the 88 from Jarrow onwards to Boldon with the 88A staying how it is to Lukes Lane Every 30 Minutes. I'll stop Speculating now as we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And Just for Michael

Thanks, it looks alright Smile

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 17 Nov 2013

Why does everyone hate cadets? Tbh I don't mind them I think they're a decent ride, it also appears Deptfords example are a lot better than Washingtons.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)CatsFast101 Why does everyone hate cadets? Tbh I don't mind them I think they're a decent ride, it also appears Deptfords example are a lot better than Washingtons.

I like them, they're a bit sluggish and could do with a refresh internally, but other than that, they're sound vehicles.

I think they'll be good on the 'Street Shuttle' services, although these ones don't seem to have a good reputation - especially since the 88/88A isn't that challenging a route and there seems to be at least one Cadet out of use every day!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm)Dan Slightly worrying that the President wasn't parked outside of the depot if it was planned... Guessing you and other passengers didn't have a high visibility jacket on, and that shouldn't have been allowed.

I believe it was a last minute thing. The bus had developed a fault somewhere near Nissan (I had gotten on not long before Washington depot), but turned towards the depot and went in (the wrong way), and parked with it's entrance doors just about in line with the B7TL.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 17 Nov 2013

That happened to me at Gateshead when the Gemini's were brand new on the 724. We developed a fault at Gateshead and ended up at Sunderland Road getting a half hour quick fix

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 17 Nov 2013

I hope they divert the 88 r 88A to boldon to get rid of the 5 and the rubbish buses what they use

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)CatsFast101 Why does everyone hate cadets? Tbh I don't mind them I think they're a decent ride, it also appears Deptfords example are a lot better than Washingtons.

I prefer the Merits, 8266 in Particular - I just don't want Bazzas South Tyne Cast Offs, But a few of them that I have been on when they were on the M2/M3 didn't sound to great.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 17 Nov 2013

Bring back the old 57A route r renumber it 87 r somthing the 5 goes all over the world I hope gne do somthing about the 5

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 17 Nov 2013

Cadets... The new DAFs

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 17 Nov 2013

(17 Nov 2013, 8:29 pm)nk55 As a chester driver i can honestly say the volvo B10 is a pleasure to drive on the X25 compared to the lolynes.

I'm not criticising the Renowns in general. I think they're marvellous buses. Just that the bus I was on was quite full and the seat I was sitting in was quite uncomfortable and had limited legroom. Sorry if the original post was a tad misleading

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 18 Nov 2013

I dont mind cadets, the drifter examples used to be decent and are, in my opinion, much, much better than the '09 Reg Drifter Versas

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 18 Nov 2013

Next Stop Announcements are now fully operational on the Drifter, and I haven't spotted any destination blind issues today either - should, in theory, be a full Streetlite allocation today therefore.