North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Go North East - Latest - northern156 - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 4:01 pm)Michael wrote Normal working?
Yup, a TEN-branded B9TL.

RE: Go North East - Latest - ... - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Dan wrote Would have been the day before I noted it as having arrived at SMR, whenever that was.

3961 should just end up in its TEN outfit again... at some point.

Im assuming you mean 3942!- 3961 has not been in the fleet for several years now Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 7:29 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Im assuming you mean 3942!- 3961 has not been in the fleet for several years now Wink

I think Michael must have meant 3941 (obviously because of the Go North East mistake on their fleet allocation!) - I knew what he meant, and unknowingly copied the mistake.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm)Dan wrote I think Michael must have meant 3941 (obviously because of the Go North East mistake on their fleet allocation!) - I knew what he meant, and unknowingly copied the mistake.

We both wrote 3961! Tongue

Just to bring up the Wear Tees Xpress colour debate again...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12641099334/

That's the difference between the new and the old.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm)Dan wrote Just to bring up the Wear Tees Xpress colour debate again...

Different shades but the citaro looks much better

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm)Dan wrote Just to bring up the Wear Tees Xpress colour debate again...

As I said to you by text earlier... Just needs Yourbus logos and it'll be complete! lol

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 19 Feb 2014

Go northeast 5167 has been at saltmedows thew days now, when does the south tyne get branded

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 8:51 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Go northeast 5167 has been at saltmedows thew days now, when does the south tyne get branded

one bus spotter said Next Week named Keith i will be getting loads of photos of these outside my local ASDA where my crush works at and also my mum works with my crush

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm)Bazza Houston wrote one bus spotter said Next Week named Keith i will be getting loads of photos of these outside my local ASDA where my crush works at and also my mum works with my crush

Bazza your 23 or summit and using the word "Crush" to describe the Lass you fancy at Asda, Speaking of Crush, does anyone remember the TV Show that was on the BBC Kids Channel, Presented by that Barney Bloke, That came to my Primary School when I was in Year 6. Anyway back on topic, Bazza just walk in and ask her out, what's the worst that can happen.

(19 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Bazza your 23 or summit and using the word "Crush" to describe the Lass you fancy at Asda, Speaking of Crush, does anyone remember the TV Show that was on the BBC Kids Channel, Presented by that Barney Bloke, That came to my Primary School when I was in Year 6. Anyway back on topic, Bazza just walk in and ask her out, what's the worst that can happen.

The lad could get rejected!

#RelationshipAdviceOnNEB

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm)Dan wrote The lad could get rejected!

#RelationshipAdviceOnNEB

Shy bairns get nowt. Wink I suppose using crush is better than some of the other words lads come out with haha. Anyway, pics?! You too Mr Malarkey.

(19 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm)Dan wrote The lad could get rejected!

#RelationshipAdviceOnNEB

It's all good, Last Friday I bought a Lass at Work who I have only spoke to a few times a Valentines Card and a Bar of Dairy Milk, And I haven't been rejected.....Yet, So it can't be that Bad.

Bazza just get some nice Flowers and some Chocolate, and ask her if you could take her out for Dinner, The Red Hut in South Shields does cracking Fish and Chips, and then you could to the Fairground and go on a few rides, and then have a Romantic stroll along the Beach to Finish off.

#How2GetIntoALassesKnickersOnNEB #OnlyJoking #RelationshipAdviceOnNEB

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote It's all good, Last Friday I bought a Lass at Work who I have only spoke to a few times a Valentines Card and a Bar of Dairy Milk, And I haven't been rejected.....Yet, So it can't be that Bad.

Bazza just get some nice Flowers and some Chocolate, and ask her if you could take her out for Dinner, The Red Hut in South Shields does cracking Fish and Chips, and then you could to the Fairground and go on a few rides, and then have a Romantic stroll along the Beach to Finish off.

#How2GetIntoALassesKnickersOnNEB #OnlyJoking #RelationshipAdviceOnNEB

Stay away from them #nowtbuttrouble #snakeswithtits #relationshipadviceonNEB

(19 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm)andreos1 wrote Stay away from them #nowtbuttrouble #snakeswithtits #relationshipadviceonNEB

I'm afraid I disagree andreos1

#LoveThe0800RepairBirdsME

(19 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I'm afraid I disagree andreos1

#LoveThe0800RepairBirdsME

I love lasses too - in small doses.
#youwilllearn
#relationshipadviceonNEB

To get back on topic... Tongue

As I mentioned earlier, 5338 has now arrived at Stanley depot. A photo of this is shown on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12642895845/

(19 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm)gtom wrote Took the Chronicle a while to get onto this mind. They did send me an email thanking me for the story.

I complained to GNE but mainly on the basis of the response Dan got stating they couldn't take it down.

Would love to see that drivers face this morning. I don't advocate losing someone their job but some people are not designed to be in public service.

Was hoping for a photo of an upset gtomlinson in front of a laptop (model buses in background) when the paper published this.

It must have been taken seriously for the MD to have been available for a quote, rather than the PR guy (his name escapes me) who often has his name attributed to quotes.

Did GNE come back to you after your complaint?

Re: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 19 Feb 2014

Whats with the #nebhashtags...

Look Bazza, ask your 'crush' out, just tell her 'she has 206 bones in her body, does she want another'. No, seriously mate, ask her to dinner, take her to the cinema or my personal favourite date, if she is a footy fan, take her to a match...

I used to be known as a bit of a matchmaker back in the days, I got that many people together, I wondered if I should be going round with a bow and arrow calling myself Cupid, just could not sort myself out with some love...I also used to be good at dishing out advice and guidance

Do I see an opportunity for #nebdating and #mistafozzagonyuncle Big Grin

(19 Feb 2014, 10:17 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Whats with the #nebhashtags...

Look Bazza, ask your 'crush' out, just tell her 'she has 206 bones in her body, does she want another'. No, seriously mate, ask her to dinner, take her to the cinema or my personal favourite date, if she is a footy fan, take her to a match...

I used to be known as a bit of a matchmaker back in the days, I got that many people together, I wondered if I should be going round with a bow and arrow calling myself Cupid, just could not sort myself out with some love...I also used to be good at dishing out advice and guidance

Do I see an opportunity for #nebdating and #mistafozzagonyuncle Big Grin

Well get on creating a new thread!

#hashtagsonNEB
#Dierdriewho?

(19 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm)andreos1 wrote Was hoping for a photo of an upset gtomlinson in front of a laptop (model buses in background) when the paper published this.

It must have been taken seriously for the MD to have been available for a quote, rather than the PR guy (his name escapes me) who often has his name attributed to quotes.

Did GNE come back to you after your complaint?

They came back to me on mine, but I had written directly to someone rather than customer services.

Sometimes they just attribute it as a GNE spokesperson. QCS stuff tends to have their stakeholder managers name against the quote. I'm glad to see Kevin Carr has provided a quote for this, as its a warning shot to anyone else of how seriously the company are taking it.

Like Ive said previously, incidents like this are highly embarrassing for a large company such as Go Ahead.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm)andreos1 wrote Stay away from them #nowtbuttrouble #snakeswithtits #relationshipadviceonNEB

I agree with Andreos entirely. Better off being single. You get to decided what you get to do.

(19 Feb 2014, 10:27 pm)aureolin wrote They came back to me on mine, but I had written directly to someone rather than customer services.

Sometimes they just attribute it as a GNE spokesperson. QCS stuff tends to have their stakeholder managers name against the quote. I'm glad to see Kevin Carr has provided a quote for this, as its a warning shot to anyone else of how seriously the company are taking it.

Like Ive said previously, incidents like this are highly embarrassing for a large company such as Go Ahead.

They are.
The thought did cross my mind, that the guy was a troll, rather than a disgruntled employee.
The quotes from Kevin Carr, have yet to confirm he is an employee...

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 19 Feb 2014

(19 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm)andreos1 wrote The quotes from Kevin Carr, have yet to confirm he is an employee...

Should that not read 'was'?

(19 Feb 2014, 11:03 pm)G-CPTN wrote Should that not read 'was'?

was an employee, is an employee, used to be an employee, still is an employee - no mention or confirmation at all, either way.
They're just 'investigating'.

(19 Feb 2014, 11:14 pm)andreos1 wrote was an employee, is an employee, used to be an employee, still is an employee - no mention or confirmation at all, either way.
They're just 'investigating'.

Kevin Carr is quoted as saying " We were recently made aware of an offensive comment posted on our Facebook page by a Go North East employee."

I'd say that's pretty clear that they know he is an employee, otherwise they'd have just denied it outright as a non-story.

(19 Feb 2014, 11:19 pm)aureolin wrote Kevin Carr is quoted as saying " We were recently made aware of an offensive comment posted on our Facebook page by a Go North East employee."

I'd say that's pretty clear that they know he is an employee, otherwise they'd have just denied it outright as a non-story.

Whoops. Completely missed that!
Ignore all previous comments... Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Feb 2014

(17 Feb 2014, 10:59 am)northtynelinks2 wrote I did see that but its just somebody who likes to keep up with the activity at Chester depot says it was out in service that's all, I wasn't saying that anybody was wrong by saying what they were saying.

To confirm, 4931 has not moved this year - your friend was mistaken.
For your benefit, I grabbed a shot yesterday of 4931 in the exact same place and condition as it was in late December, early January... Whenever that photo was from.

Earlier posted photograph:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=5238

Photograph taken yesterday:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=5253

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 20 Feb 2014

(20 Feb 2014, 9:02 am)Dan wrote To confirm, 4931 has not moved this year - your friend was mistaken.
For your benefit, I grabbed a shot yesterday of 4931 in the exact same place and condition as it was in late December, early January... Whenever that photo was from.

Earlier posted photograph:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=5238

Photograph taken yesterday:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=5253

Apologies, I wasn't doubting anything, it was just that I was a bit confused at how 2 different things were been said about the same bus, thank you for this though. Also, while im on, why do Percy Main keep moving the registration plates of the omnicities up? It looks weird.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 20 Feb 2014

I believe it is something to do with the bus wash ripping them off the bumper. Stanley depot used to do exactly the same to their Deltas. Also various depots did it to their Optare MetroRiders too.