North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Go North East - Part 4 - Dan - 08 Mar 2013

Simplicity Versa on 61.
Fab Fifty Six Solar on 38B.

Departing Park Lane now.

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 08 Mar 2013

New Volvo B9TL / Wright Gemini 2′s are branded have entered service on the 10. Winlaton have 6071 NK62 FAA, 6072 NK62 FBA, 6073 NK62 FCC, 6074 NK62 FDM, 6081 NK62 FKG, 6082 NK62 FLF. While Hexham have 6075 NK62 FDN, 6076 NK62 FEU, 6077 NK62 FGJ, 6078 NK62 FHE, 6079 NK62 FHY, 6080 NK62 FJE. With 6083 remaining outstanding. While Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini 3942 NK05 GZP is also branded.

Displacing Mercedes Citaro 5310 NK08 MXY, 5311 NK08 MXZ, 5314 NK08 MYC, 5315 NK08 MYD, 5316 NK08 MYF, 5317 NK08 MYG, 5318 NK08 MZV, 5319 NK08 MZW, 5328 BJ10 VUN, 5329 BJ10 VUO, 5330 BJ10 VUP and 5332 BJ10 VUS to Gateshead for Crusader service 27. With 5332 being Crusader branding.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200386396736172&set=o.386629251416598&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200386400256260&set=o.386629251416598&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200386398536217&set=o.386629251416598&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200386391416039&set=o.386629251416598&type=1&theater

Don't Know whether these links will work for some users if you are not part of the Go North East Bus Enthusiast Group. Plus there not the best of photos either. Photos By Darren Taylor

Allowing Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown’s to be freed, with 4837 R837 PRG, 4838 R838 PRG, 4839 R839 PRG, 4840 340 GUP and 4841 R841 PRG moving to Winlaton. While 4844 R844 PRG, 4847 R847 PRG, 4848 R848 PRG and 4849 R849 PRG are at Stanley. 4837 and 4838 have been repainted and branded Northern along with dual door Renown 5165 T815 CBW.

Source: northeastbusnews.wordpress.com

RE: Go North East - Dan - 08 Mar 2013

With the exception of the photos - info had already been posted when those fleet movements were first given on Go North East's "Fleet Allocation" publication, from this post onwards.

As for the photos, I had aspired to include them in this evening's Daily Digest. I was going to ask for permission to add them as attachments to this forum, for anyone who isn't a member of that group won't be able to see them.

Yeah tbh I haven't been on much the past few days due to there not being much news to report so I wasn't aware whether anyone knew about the fleet updates excluding the Geminis on the 10 and the Mercs on the 27.

Obviously you could still use the photos in your digest daniel with a bit of editing to ensure other users can see them.

RE: Go North East - tom.robinson206 - 08 Mar 2013

'Poppy Bus' Solar on the 27 today and yesterday. I don't think there's been a day in the last few weeks where at least 2 'Street Shuttle's' have been on the 88/88A!

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 08 Mar 2013

Has anyone managed to get a consultation today? They were supposed to be on buses today but I'm on the 9 from Shields now and none on board. I'm going to try my luck with the 26 at jarrow then the 36 at Hylton Lane Big Grin Failing that, I'm actially hoping I've got one through my door today but I'm rather doubtful!

Just arrived at Jarrow without even realising I'd been through the tunnel, blimey!

(08 Mar 2013, 3:55 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote 'Poppy Bus' Solar on the 27 today and yesterday. I don't think there's been a day in the last few weeks where at least 2 'Street Shuttle's' have been on the 88/88A!

4944 is on the 50 for the 4th day in a row, looks like Chester le Street are running a perfectly working bus into the ground, got to say minus the Toonlink examples that's the best solar in the GNE fleet out of the ones i've been on in recent months.

Also a Northern ELC on the 50 aswell, no idea on the fleet no.

As for the 88/88A happens on a daily basis thats how bad the cadets are.

RE: Go North East - Tom - 08 Mar 2013

(08 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm)Brandon wrote Has anyone managed to get a consultation today? They were supposed to be on buses today but I'm on the 9 from Shields now and none on board. I'm going to try my luck with the 26 at jarrow then the 36 at Hylton Lane Big Grin Failing that, I'm actially hoping I've got one through my door today but I'm rather doubtful!

Just arrived at Jarrow without even realising I'd been through the tunnel, blimey!

The 9 is highly unlikely to get the leaflets onboard, considering there is no branded bus, anything is used.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 08 Mar 2013

Im on the 99 and i cant see any leaflets but then again its a northen route anything can be used.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 08 Mar 2013

(08 Mar 2013, 6:15 pm)Michael wrote Im on the 99 and i cant see any leaflets but then again its a northen route anything can be used.

But generally speaking, is a double decker. The 26 also tends to use double deckers, so I can't see why they haven't handed them out yet.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 08 Mar 2013

(08 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm)Daniel wrote
(08 Mar 2013, 6:15 pm)Michael wrote Im on the 99 and i cant see any leaflets but then again its a northen route anything can be used.

But generally speaking, is a double decker. The 26 also tends to use double deckers, so I can't see why they haven't handed them out yet.

That's true.

Bazza has a pic of the new Crusader brand. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/8540194868/in/photostream - I don't like it - Thank's for the pic.

I would expect the consultation leaflets to be on the buses by Monday at the latest.

As for the Crusader Branding I don't like it at all well minus the red band across the top of the windows.

RE: Go North East - Adam - 08 Mar 2013

I don't mind the new Crusader branding. I would definitely say it is nowhere near being the best brand around and does look a little tacky and cheap but is just about acceptable. I suppose we can agree to disagree.

RE: Go North East - tom.robinson206 - 08 Mar 2013

(08 Mar 2013, 7:18 pm)Michael wrote Bazza has a pic of the new Crusader brand. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/8540194868/in/photostream

That is horrendous - it looks like it took about five minutes to design!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8540647832/

New Crusader paperbus

RE: Go North East - Adam - 08 Mar 2013

I've drew the new Crusader on Paint. It was more complicated than it looks.

RE: Go North East - Tom - 08 Mar 2013

DAILY DIGEST: 08/03/13 - Daniel is still ill, so I've been asked to do it today again.

Odd workings that have been reported (No photos of two currently)
- 'Northern' B10BLE 5165 on 'Toon Link' 32 as seen here (North East And Regional Bus Photos)
- 'Simplicity' Versa on 61.
- 'Fab Fifty Six Solar on 38B.

In other news...
- New 'Crusader' branding on 5332 can be seen here. (Bazza90 Bus Photos) Personally, I think this livery is terrible. It's cheap and tacky brand that probably only took 5 minutes to design... Here's a rear and nearside picture of it (North East And Regional Bus Photos)

Nothing else I'm afraid. I'm sure there will be a bigger one tomorrow.

(08 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm)Adam wrote I've drew the new Crusader on Paint. It was more complicated than it looks.

I used an already made template by Peter Fray and the done the branding

e.g. if you to type in google "Mercedes Citaro Paperbus" I would come straight saves time drawing it yourself, although I must this a very good effort for a freestyle paint drawing Adam.

In other news...
- New 'Crusader' branding on 5332 can be seen here. (Bazza90 Bus Photos) Personally, I think this livery is terrible. It's cheap and tacky brand that probably only took 5 minutes to design... Here's

I'd say thst is very accurate as that's how long it took me to do my paperbus version of it. And it has most certainly been an unnews worthy week this week.

RE: Go North East - Adam - 09 Mar 2013

(08 Mar 2013, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(08 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm)Adam wrote I've drew the new Crusader on Paint. It was more complicated than it looks.

I used an already made template by Peter Fray and the done the branding

e.g. if you to type in google "Mercedes Citaro Paperbus" I would come straight saves time drawing it yourself, although I must this a very good effort for a freestyle paint drawing Adam.

In other news...
- New 'Crusader' branding on 5332 can be seen here. (Bazza90 Bus Photos) Personally, I think this livery is terrible. It's cheap and tacky brand that probably only took 5 minutes to design... Here's

I'd say thst is very accurate as that's how long it took me to do my paperbus version of it. And it has most certainly been an unnews worthy week this week.

Thank you. I've been wasting my life drawing the buses, coaches and now trains for about three years. There is quite a large folder that's built up full of templates. I don't know if you've saw my Facebook page with them all on.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 09 Mar 2013

Again, thanks for doing the Daily Digest, Tom. I'm really struggling to stay up past 6pm lately; although some days I am just managing to stay up until about 9pm, I'm just lying in bed watching TV - no where near enough energy to go through Flickr on a photo hunt!

Feeling a little better today but things are always subject to change with this "bug"!

Regarding the new "Crusader" brand: I thought the same thing when I woke up during the middle of the night and saw a Facebook notification on my phone. I saw the photos that were put on Facebook at about 4am and I was just so disappointed.
I've said the same about all recent brands lately. No effort goes into them and they look cheap and shabby. Admittedly, I (as we all did) thought that the "Blaydon Racers" branding was horrid - too simplistic and very boring - but now we all think that it's great. The simplicity of it brings out how good it is! I'll make an exception for the "Angel" brand, but the reason why that has a more prominent brand design is because it's a more demanded service, effectively giving it double deckers!
The font has been referred to as 'chinese'. Though I do think it looks distorted, my first thought for it being this way was so it could distract us from how bad the actual brand design is. The "jazziness" of the font would ease the badness of the design.
Logos are either side of the "Crusader" text, if I am correct... Bad mistake. Lazily put together, no effort into the design IMO.
And finally, the red stripe. I think it's the worst thing about the whole design. Looks somewhat like a Nexus stripe and totally clashes with the silver. Big no no from me - I'd much prefer to see the Renowns back with their version of the branding.

Having said all of that, only time will tell to see if the brand grows on us!

RE: Go North East - tom.robinson206 - 09 Mar 2013

The only brand I think that Go North East has actually improved recently is 'South Tyne'. Branding was much better when practically every service wasn't branded.

RE: Go North East - ... - 09 Mar 2013

4959 and 531 on the 88s
5217 on the 38/61s
8310 and 8229 on the 5s
565 on the X35s
Some of Deptfords vehicles have started to recieve coloured backgrounds behind the route number. Mainly the lasers, prince bishops and simplicity branded vehicles.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnortheastbusphotos/

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 09 Mar 2013

(09 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Some of Deptfords vehicles have started to receive coloured backgrounds behind the route number. Mainly the lasers, prince bishops and simplicity branded vehicles.

We are going to do one depot's program at a time and Deptford was done this week. If a vehicle with a coloured blind operates Drifter services, these also will have a coloured background.

Next Depot we are looking at is Gateshead, but the Citaro's for the 27 will be done first.

You will also notice the Angel vehicles will have had an update to allow a different font on the lower line of the front destination as per the TEN and X9/X10 Volvo's

RE: Go North East - Michael - 09 Mar 2013

My Sunderland North Consultation has come thought the door,Changes seem good.

I haven't got a scanner so ill keep it breif, unless someone else can upload it.

----
26 - Operates between Sunderland and Boldon ASDA only, some early mornings,Evenings will continue to Heworth, Heworth will be served all day and evenings Sundays
-----
9 - Increased to every 20 mins, this is to cover for loss of the 26.
------
36 - Operate every 30 mins between Sunderland,Southwick,Hylton red house and downhill on current route, every 30 mins will continue from downhill,hylton castle,castletown, Hylton retail park. This is a cicular service, by the map provided on the leaflet of the new routes.

Please note some peak times, buses will operate to Pallion etc (same as the 99 now) but as the 36

New Service X36 will operate same route but continue to Bolton Asda, Heworth,Gateshead and Newcastle.

Both 36/X36 provide a bus every 15 mins between Sunderland and Downhill.
-----

99 - Reduced to hourly between Royal Hosptial and Seaburn but re-routed to Silksworth. - Wont serve park lane.

X3 - Wasn't mentioned but wonder if the new X36 will replace it.

Like i said, hopefully someone can scan it.

It ends on 22nd March.

(09 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm)Michael wrote My Sunderland North Consultation has come thought the door,Changes seem good.

Still waiting for my e-mail back...

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 09 Mar 2013

Cheers Michael! I can't believe I haven't had the consultation yet! I live right on the route of 36 and 99, and someone I know in Hylton Castle hasn't received a consultation either. They were supposed to be delivered to houses on Thursday and available on buses yesterday. This morning I made a return trip to Hylton Park on 26, and this afternoon a return trip on 36 to town - and no consultation leaflets on any of the four buses. I love the idea of the X36 - a direct bus all the way home from Newcastle would be brilliant for me Big Grin I assume it would replace X3.

So 99 will operate hourly from Silksworth to Seaburn if I understand correctly? That would restore the Monday to Saturday daytime link from Silksworth to Royal Hospital that was recently lost due to changes to Laser 35. If 36 is extending to operate around Hylton Castle, Castletown, Hylton Park - does that mean 99 would operate direct between Pallion and Southwick instead like the 18/19?

I haven't got a scanner at home either. I was just going to take a photo with my phone and upload it in, even if it wasn't good quality! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Michael - 09 Mar 2013

Yeh the 99 will operate between Seaburn and Silksworth it seems a good link shame it wont run to park lane or the city centre.

The X36 is a great idea, sorry it was brief, i emailed for a leaflet and i was shocked to get it today, hopefully some1 can upload a pic of it, i tried and got rubbish quility.

Providing GNE e-mail me back, I'll definitely scan it in! Been about 8 or 9 days now since I e-mailed though.

I'm just glad to hear that the X3 (X36) will be getting Versas?

I'm hoping that the 36 is chucked from the SimpliCity brand though. Having the X36 down as SimpliCity would defeat the objective of the brand, surely? Simplistic Sunderland services with cheap fares that are guaranteed to be the cheapest fares to get around Sunderland (i.e. directly competing with Stagecoach, in the case of the 36)...

RE: Go North East - gtom - 09 Mar 2013

Does anyone have an update on the proposed industrial action next week?

Is it all depots or just a few, any other info?

Enthusiast hat off....commuter hat on

Friggin unions Big Grin

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 09 Mar 2013

(09 Mar 2013, 5:34 pm)gtomlinson wrote Does anyone have an update on the proposed industrial action next week?

Is it all depots or just a few, any other info?

Enthusiast hat off....commuter hat on

Friggin unions Big Grin

Not the answer you want to hear but.....all depots