North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 02 Oct 2013

I reckon you's have all been had with the comment about the South Tyne 88/88A getting the Saltwell Park Versa.

I would suggest everyone goes back to Post 1090 made by Rob and read through everything carefully till you get to Post 1105 which was made by Citaro5284 and then read through the rest of the posts.

Because it's seems everything was great and then with a drop of a dime in Post 1105 everything has changed, also note the Drifter Versas that were supposed to be going from the 60 to 61 once the Streetlites arrive, will now be going Simplicity for the 39. Plus add the fact the Versas are also due for repaint in under 3 weeks time. Surely GNE would of changed plans earlier than now, as it would be rather odd to change them when the arrival of New Buses is imminent.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:49 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I reckon you's have all been had with the comment about the South Tyne 88/88A getting the Saltwell Park Versa.

I would suggest everyone goes back to Post 1090 made by Rob and read through everything carefully till you get to Post 1105 which was made by Citaro5284 and then read through the rest of the posts.

Because it's seems everything was great and then with a drop of a dime in Post 1105 everything has changed, also note the Drifter Versas that were supposed to be going from the 60 to 61 once the Streetlites arrive, will now be going Simplicity for the 39. Plus add the fact the Versas are also due for repaint in under 3 weeks time. Surely GNE would of changed plans earlier than now, as it would be rather odd to change them when the arrival of New Buses is imminent.

Adam, I can assure you the current plan is Versa's onto the 88/88A.

(02 Oct 2013, 7:39 pm)RGR756V wrote You need to get in the real world mate. X21 is appreciated for providing quick links to Gateshead and Newcastle from Chester/Durham/Spennymoor/Bishop, and is popular as a result.

I assure you I am in the real world, Unlike other Enthusiasts I like to examine certain Services and try to come up improved ones if possible, as you'll see I am one of the Top Contributors to the Service Suggestions Thread and I spend a significant amount of time and effort into doing this as it is something I like to do.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote I can assure you the current plan is Versa's onto the 88/88A.

What exactly did Washington do to the Cadets? Tongue
They seemed fine when they were 'Crusaders'

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote Adam, I can assure you the current plan is Versa's onto the 88/88A.

So where does this leave the M2/M3 and 61? The south Tyne cadets?
Also, is interworking on the 61 & 2A/2C stopping? Cadets over Ciatro's, ain't nobody got time for that!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:57 pm)CatsFast101 wrote So where does this leave the M2/M3 and 61? The south Tyne cadets?

Well, the M2/M3 could be allocated the "South Tyne" Cadets once repainted into the corporate livery, and as I have already said elsewhere, the 61 can be allocated Cadets again once more - Deptford have them in Northern already! Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:57 pm)CatsFast101 wrote So where does this leave the M2/M3 and 61? The south Tyne cadets?

Maybe;

61 - Current Cadets
M2/M3 - South Tyne Cadets + 1 spare - Though these aren't very reliable

Also, is interworking on the 61 & 2A/2C stopping? Cadets over Ciatro's, ain't nobody got time for that!

they will should continue to interwork - haha - love the last quote

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 8:01 pm)Daniel wrote Well, the M2/M3 could be allocated the "South Tyne" Cadets once repainted into the corporate livery, and as I have already said elsewhere, the 61 can be allocated Cadets again once more - Deptford have them in Northern already! Wink

Deptford have nine cadets. 2 for 38's and is it 4? For the 36's. leaving only at the most 3 spare. 61 has PVR of 5.

(02 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Deptford have nine cadets. 2 for 38's and is it 4? For the 36's. leaving only at the most 3 spare. 61 has PVR of 5.

Exclude the ones for the 36 - that should be changing, if it already hasn't.
The sighting of Renowns on the service has become quite common recently...

(02 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Deptford have nine cadets. 2 for 38's and is it 4? For the 36's. leaving only at the most 3 spare. 61 has PVR of 5.

Remember we have 4964 and 4965 moving to Deptford - Maybe they could be used on the 38?

Oh and some more MPD and SPD gone =D

(02 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote Adam, I can assure you the current plan is Versa's onto the 88/88A.

It seemed a bit odd reading through all the posts as it just came out of the blue to be honest with everyone asking loads of Questions and trying to work what was going where when changes do occur. I do apologize if I have interpreted what I had read wrong.

So what will be happening with the M2/M3 now then as from a Personal standpoint I think it would be better if the 88/88A waited until January when the Omnicities off the Cobalt Clipper become available, with the original plan for the M2/M3 staying the way it was going to be.

(02 Oct 2013, 8:08 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote It seemed a bit odd reading through all the posts as it just came out of the blue to be honest with everyone asking loads of Questions and trying to work what was going where when changes do occur. I do apologize if I have interpreted what I had read wrong.

So what will be happening with the M2/M3 now then as from a Personal standpoint I think it would be better if the 88/88A waited until January when the Omnicities off the Cobalt Clipper become available, with the original plan for the M2/M3 staying the way it was going to be.

To be honest it was out of the Blue, i wasn't expecting them to get anything until the New Year.

It's started all the rumour's again haha, typical GNE!

More buses will likely to go once the new Depot opens - They would probables need less spares in the depot with those pesky Bendies going soon!

Is it still on time for opening in Jan 2014?

There's no new pics being uploaded on - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=fb7798b5c370b2a96ecd7e84bd7f0083&t=1517587&page=2

(02 Oct 2013, 8:01 pm)Daniel wrote Well, the M2/M3 could be allocated the "South Tyne" Cadets once repainted into the corporate livery, and as I have already said elsewhere, the 61 can be allocated Cadets again once more - Deptford have them in Northern already! Wink

I would rather keep the MPD's on my local route which is the M2/M3 than have them Cadets in all honesty

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I would rather keep the MPD's on my local route which is the M2/M3 than have them Cadets in all honesty

I don't think you have a choice Adam Tongue

(02 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I would rather keep the MPD's on my local route which is the M2/M3 than have them Cadets in all honesty

I'm afraid I have to disagree - they've got the suspension of a shopping trolley Sad

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 10:32 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Isn't that the Tynedale Express livery with a different name on it? Does look quite smart - and at least they can recycle the orange boiler suits for the launch!

The Orange boiler suits have got geet big Tynedalexpress branding on the back, so they'll be a one off !

(02 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm)busman101 wrote The Orange boiler suits have got geet big Tynedalexpress branding on the back, so they'll be a one off !

Hallelujah!

(02 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I'm afraid I have to disagree - they've got the suspension of a shopping trolley Sad

Lmao

(02 Oct 2013, 8:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote I don't think you have a choice Adam Tongue

Certainly looks that way, hopefully the M2/M3 will receive New or Newer Buses in the future, and BJ10VUS the MPD's aren't that bad although when I was 570 back in May the rear Suspension Spring Popped as can be seen in the image below, other than that in the 10/11 Years they've been at Washington I have had no problems with them at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8735962450/in/set-72157633040423906

(02 Oct 2013, 8:47 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Certainly looks that way, hopefully the M2/M3 will receive New or Newer Buses in the future, and BJ10VUS the MPD's aren't that bad although when I was 570 back in May the rear Suspension Spring Popped as can be seen in the image below, other than that in the 10/11 Years they've been at Washington I have had no problems with them at all.

They're not 'bad', they're very reliable and do their job much better than even some of the more modern buses in the fleet. However, they do tend to bounce a lot over speed bumps, and they're not all that comfortable.

(02 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm)BJ10VUS wrote They're not 'bad', they're very reliable and do their job much better than even some of the more modern buses in the fleet. However, they do tend to bounce a lot over speed bumps, and they're not all that comfortable.

I totally agree with the above, hit the nail on the head, minus the Speedbumps, they are excellent which is why I like them so much compared to other enthusiasts.

I remember when Washington had 506 I think it was a Year or 2 Back coming home from college on the M1 in the Snow, The Driver was literally flying over them and caning the rear into ground to great un-comfort coming through Albany, was glad when I got off at the Galleries, other than this and 570 incident, all been great for me MPD wise.

RE: Go North East - Latest - stagecoachbusdepot - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm)busman101 wrote The Orange boiler suits have got geet big Tynedalexpress branding on the back, so they'll be a one off !

This is GNE! They won't mind having the wrong brand on there!

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:56 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I assure you I am in the real world, Unlike other Enthusiasts I like to examine certain Services and try to come up improved ones if possible, as you'll see I am one of the Top Contributors to the Service Suggestions Thread and I spend a significant amount of time and effort into doing this as it is something I like to do.

The X21's USP is the quicker journey times, your suggestion of putting the Sunday route into use all week defeats the object of having an X21 full stop.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 03 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm)tyresmoke wrote The X21's USP is the quicker journey times, your suggestion of putting the Sunday route into use all week defeats the object of having an X21 full stop.

I did have a look at both interworking, but it simply wouldn't work hence why I haven't put anything the Service Suggestions and as you have said along with few others it would be pointless, Only thing that is worth doing is moving the Short 21's from Eldon Square to Pilgrim Street which I think may improve Reliability and perhaps stop the 21 from having 3 Buses or More coming together at once.

RE: Go North East - Latest - LVK 404L - 03 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 7:56 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I assure you I am in the real world, Unlike other Enthusiasts I like to examine certain Services and try to come up improved ones if possible, as you'll see I am one of the Top Contributors to the Service Suggestions Thread and I spend a significant amount of time and effort into doing this as it is something I like to do.

I have asked this question before. Do go north east and the other companies actualy take any notice of our suggestions? Or as you admit yourself you put a lot of time and effort into making routes up etc is this not a waste of your time sometimes.

Can soneone point out a suggestion that has been posted and as a result the route has been changed because of this suggestion.

I have asked this question before. Do go north east and the other companies actualy take any notice of our suggestions? Or as you admit yourself you put a lot of time and effort into making routes up etc is this not a waste of your time sometimes.

Can soneone point out a suggestion that has been posted and as a result the route has been changed because of this suggestion.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Oct 2013

(03 Oct 2013, 1:53 pm)ifm001 wrote I have asked this question before. Do go north east and the other companies actualy take any notice of our suggestions? Or as you admit yourself you put a lot of time and effort into making routes up etc is this not a waste of your time sometimes.

Yeh, My idea of the 36A/36C/99 being merged, not like it worked.

The 73 being extended to Washington Galleries (NEXUS)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 03 Oct 2013

(03 Oct 2013, 1:53 pm)ifm001 wrote I have asked this question before. Do go north east and the other companies actualy take any notice of our suggestions? Or as you admit yourself you put a lot of time and effort into making routes up etc is this not a waste of your time sometimes.

I wouldn't say it is a waste of time as sometimes it can spark quite a lot of debate as you'll see by looking at the Xpress Service Suggestion between Whitley Bay and the MetroCentre.

(03 Oct 2013, 2:02 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I wouldn't say it is a waste of time as sometimes it can spark quite a lot of debate as you'll see by looking at the Xpress Service Suggestion between Whitley Bay and the MetroCentre.

Yes. But my question is a debate between who. The bus comapny and ourselves or just an argument amongst ourselves.

Does the bus company actually take any notice of the suggestions?

(03 Oct 2013, 2:29 pm)ifm001 wrote Yes. But my question is a debate between who. The bus comapny and ourselves or just an argument amongst ourselves.

Does the bus company actually take any notice of the suggestions?
I don't mean to sound awkward or anything but if suggestions are taken notice of. I would suggest a lot more myself. Also I know this should be in the suggestions post so if anyone can paste it over id be grateful. On mobile its not that easy to do