North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Adrian - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 2:39 pm)Robert wrote But the route follows the C2C cycle path...nobody has complained about the Blaydon Racers not going along Scotswood Road anymore have they? Yes it goes to Blaydon but thats it...
If that's your assumption of the logic, would you also assume it'll remain a cycle friendly route? The two would obviously go hand in hand wouldn't they....

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm)aureolin wrote If that's your assumption of the logic, would you also assume it'll remain a cycle friendly route? The two would obviously go hand in hand wouldn't they....

As i mentioned before, why has the Blaydon Racers brand being continued when it doesnt follow the race route (which it is designed to commemorate)? At the end of the day, we dont actually know that the 'Coast' is referring to the C2C Cycle Path but i guess it will certainly have something to do with it...

(03 Apr 2015, 2:48 pm)Robert wrote As i mentioned before, why has the Blaydon Racers brand being continued when it doesnt follow the race route (which it is designed to commemorate)? At the end of the day, we dont actually know that the 'Coast' is referring to the C2C Cycle Path but i guess it will certainly have something to do with it...

The brand is an established brand. If brands are created to encourage customers to recognise a brand rather than a route number, then it'd make little sense in changing the name of the brand just because the route has slightly differed. On the most part it remains the original iirc.

Fair enough if it's trying to create a link with the C2C route, but I'd hope it'd retain it's cycle friendly offering if this were the case.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - omnicity4659 - 03 Apr 2015

Liking the Coast & Country brand.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - R852 PRG - 03 Apr 2015

I love the Coast & Country brand, looking forward to it.

My take on the brand is that ''Country'' means Consett/Stanley/Chester-le-Street, etc. and ''Coast'' refers to Sunderland. Basically, it's a long stretch of a route that goes from the edge to the inner core, if that makes sense.

It makes sense to me, just I don't know how to explain it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - PH - BQA - 03 Apr 2015

Sounds, in my opinion anyway, quite similar to the "Coast and Castles" tagline used on Arriva's X18, at least that's what immediately sprung to mind when I first saw it...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - omnicity4659 - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I love the Coast & Country brand, looking forward to it.

My take on the brand is that ''Country'' means Consett/Stanley/Chester-le-Street, etc. and ''Coast'' refers to Sunderland. Basically, it's a long stretch of a route that goes from the edge to the inner core, if that makes sense.

It makes sense to me, just I don't know how to explain it.

Same for me.

I find 'Coast and Country' more relevant than 'Lime', probably about the cycle route, C2C, which is Coast to Country to Coast.

I hope that it remains a 'cycle friendly bus'.

I guess the Streetlites will have a light green base colour with dark green stickers over, possibly to resemble bushes (another thing synonymous with ''country''). My take on it anyway...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 2:56 pm)aureolin wrote The brand is an established brand. If brands are created to encourage customers to recognise a brand rather than a route number, then it'd make little sense in changing the name of the brand just because the route has slightly differed. On the most part it remains the original iirc.

Fair enough if it's trying to create a link with the C2C route, but I'd hope it'd retain it's cycle friendly offering if this were the case.
Just to note the bit information regarding the use of Bicycles on the 8/78 has been removed from the Lime Page on Simplygo.com, which I would therefore think it will not continue, nor has it been mentioned on the C2C Leaflet or as part of the Vehicle Specification by Dan or Citaro5284 when the Vehicles started to arrive at Saltmeadows.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - R852 PRG - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm)Malarkey wrote Just to note the bit information regarding the use of Bicycles on the 8/78 has been removed from the Lime Page on Simplygo.com, which I would therefore think it will not continue, nor has it been mentioned on the C2C Leaflet or as part of the Vehicle Specification by Dan or Citaro5284 when the Vehicles started to arrive at Saltmeadows.

I understand it's advertised as being a cycle bus, but in reality, how many times have you seen a cyclist board a Lime?

I've used the services too many times to count over the years, as it's my local, and can't recall ever seeing a cyclist on any of the journeys. If there's nothing really being made from it, why continue it? 

But, as ever, I think we're overthinking this... Big Grin

(03 Apr 2015, 3:13 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I understand it's advertised as being a cycle bus, but in reality, how many times have you seen a cyclist board a Lime?

I've used the services too many times to count over the years, as it's my local, and can't recall ever seeing a cyclist on any of the journeys. If there's nothing really being made from it, why continue it? 

I think I've only seen it once or twice? 

I don't think we're over thinking it. We're just discussing it and sharing opinions. One of the main reasons such forums exist. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Michael - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm)Guy ParkRoyal wrote Here is a preview of Coast&Country.

Where did you get this from?, just asking because if its a leaflet, want to add it to my collection Smile haha

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 3:13 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I understand it's advertised as being a cycle bus, but in reality, how many times have you seen a cyclist board a Lime?

I have never seen anyone on the Lime with a Bike when I have the Service, I would question how well Go North East have advertised this feature over the years, other than the small paragraph on Simplygo.com I havent seen anything advertised on Facebook or Twitter, so therefore potential users are unaware of this feature then it isnt going to be used, hence why its looks like it has been scrapped altogether, had it of been well advertised it could of been a good money maker for the Service which could of further impacted the growth of the service.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - R852 PRG - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 3:18 pm)aureolin wrote I think I've only seen it once or twice? 

I don't think we're over thinking it. We're just discussing it and sharing opinions. One of the main reasons such forums exist. 

I understand that, but I don't get how such a fuss can be stirred about the word ''Coast'' being featured, when the route does go to a city within a stone's throw of the sea.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I understand that, but I don't get how such a fuss can be stirred about the word ''Coast'' being featured, when the route does go to a city within a stone's throw of the sea.

But doesn't go to the Coast itself...i think the reason behind the word 'coast' has many different reasons behind it being used and both of the obvious ones have been mentioned. It goes to a city situated on the coast (just about) and the c2c cycle path that the route follows.

(03 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I understand that, but I don't get how such a fuss can be stirred about the word ''Coast'' being featured, when the route does go to a city within a stone's throw of the sea.

The same could be said about a lot of things though Marcus. What's the alternative? Do we not discuss or debate anything?

I can't remember many members holding back, when the green flooring on Arriva's Omnicity MAX refurbs was the hot topic? 

(03 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm)aureolin wrote The same could be said about a lot of things though Marcus. What's the alternative? Do we not discuss or debate anything?

I can't remember many members holding back, when the green flooring on Arriva's Omnicity MAX refurbs was the hot topic? 

Not saying we shouldn't do that at all, it's just baffling me how it's become so in-depth about the word ''Coast'' being used in the brand name. I think it's good to discuss and debate, but for me there's a point where it seems like it's been over-thought. Would you say Sunderland is near the Coast? I certainly would, and I would understand the questioning of the name being used for the 15/15A route between Consett and Durham, the latter of which is nowhere near the coast. With the brand stretching from one end of the region to the other, it makes sense that one end is ''Coast'' (in theory, it is) and the other is ''Country'' (which is without a doubt, for sure).

However, I think the brand name ''Cross Country'' would have worked well too. Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - northern156 - 03 Apr 2015

This is the way you advertise a cyclist-friendly bus route! Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/9441945045/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsnwtransport/7163277233/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - RM2186 - 03 Apr 2015

Maybe the Streetlites will be that powerful that they can "Coast to the Country" once they have got some speed up  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Drifter60 - 03 Apr 2015

I'm not keen on the brand name. The brand itself looks quite nice from the Glimpse we've seen. However Coast & Country isn't going to be become very catchy is it?
Brand names which I think are good are the ones that aren't to clunky. Things like lime, crusader, angel, drifter are very easy to remember and easy to say.
No one is ever going to say 'when's the next coast & country bus due' it's just to clunky.
The name itself isn't very obvious either, it isnt really a costal route like Coaster or Drifter. It goes to the city centre?! Which isn't really that close to the sea at all.

(03 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm)Drifter60 wrote I'm not keen on the brand name. The brand itself looks quite nice from the Glimpse we've seen. However Coast & Country isn't going to be become very catchy is it?
Brand names which I think are good are the ones that aren't to clunky. Things like lime, crusader, angel, drifter are very easy to remember and easy to say.
No one is ever going to say 'when's the next coast & country bus due' it's just to clunky.
The name itself isn't very obvious either, it isnt really a costal route like Coaster or Drifter. It goes to the city centre?! Which isn't really that close to the sea at all.

I agree with your point about it being a bit of a mouthful, but maybe this will encourage people to refer to services by their route number? I imagine I'll just refer to it as the ''C&C''. Wink

Just been thinking about this Coast & Country Brand Name, should it not instead be called "Coast & Country Connections", if it was would we of had the topical debate to the extent that we have this afternoon/evening trying to figure out the meaning behind it, plus if you think about it Go North East would be able to play on the Connections part of the Brand Name, like they have with the Connections4 Brand.

Looking forward to the X66 Streetlites entering service... Surely they must emerge within the next week or so? Wink

(03 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Looking forward to the X66 Streetlites entering service... Surely they must emerge within the next week or so? Wink

If they do emerge next week (which they probably will), it will be a shame since i go to Scarborough for the week. I would have liked to try and get to the launch (providing there is one which i imagine there will be).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Davie - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Looking forward to the X66 Streetlites entering service... Surely they must emerge within the next week or so? Wink

I hope they'll be in service on monday

I too am looking forward to them entering service, will certainly ride a few on their first day (praying it will be in the following week). If there is a launch at some point during the week (possibly on Friday? - don't know why I think that haha) I'll most certainly try to go. Seeing as I've got the next week off as well, I can't imagine anything will come up.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - adodds - 03 Apr 2015

Whats the seating capacity on a wright renown compared to a streetlite.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - PH - BQA - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm)adodds wrote Whats the seating capacity on a wright renown compared to a streetlite.

I think the seating is the same on both (44), someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

(If we're referring to the Streetlite MAX that is, unsure which ones GNE have just received?) 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Michael - 03 Apr 2015

(03 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm)mb134 wrote I think the seating is the same on both (44), someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

(If we're referring to the Streetlite MAX that is, unsure which ones GNE have just received?) 

The streetlites GNE have got for the X66 etc are the micro-hybrid versions. 

(03 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm)Michael wrote The streetlites GNE have got for the X66 etc are the micro-hybrid versions. 

Are they the same length as the ones Arriva have?