North East Buses
Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action (/showthread.php?tid=4392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - itsadam - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 6:46 pm)Rapidsnap wrote This free travel thing has disaster written all over it, not only there be missing buses, everything be overcrowded due to the free travel.

Especially when it's match day

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Unber43 - 01 Dec 2023

and its a Saturday, all the little gremlins will be out vaping at the back and right in your face while your waitin' for a bus

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Storx - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 6:52 pm)Rob44 wrote Maybe the drivers were just wanting to be off over xmas with there 76 quid a day?  Although ive heard somewhere else that the union was going to reduce this in the coming weeks?

Agreed with the way management have conducted themselves like - but if the driver feel that strongly they can move on i suppose.  Im always threatening to leave my job but wont even theough im going to be paid just lest then a bus driver when they get there jan pay increase

Think that was rubbish that and Chinese whispers gone wild. Who knows though could be anything tbh.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - mb134 - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 6:13 pm)Unber43 wrote Great PR Move from GNE

Most of the comments I'm seeing on social media are seeing right through this, which is to be expected as the general public continue to be a bit more switched on than GNE seem to think they are. 

I notice they've already removed the app tickets from the press release, and have stated that "App discount codes are unavailable at this time.". Yet more poor communication from GNE at the end(?) of this humiliating time for them.

(01 Dec 2023, 7:50 pm)mb134 wrote Most of the comments I'm seeing on social media are seeing right through this, which is to be expected as the general public continue to be a bit more switched on than GNE seem to think they are. 

I notice they've already removed the app tickets from the press release, and have stated that "App discount codes are unavailable at this time.". Yet more poor communication from GNE at the end(?) of this humiliating time for them.
Not according to their FB Page really. 

If GNE can pull this off, which i doubt it, especially with 49.8% of the work force not wanting to go back

(01 Dec 2023, 7:50 pm)mb134 wrote Most of the comments I'm seeing on social media are seeing right through this, which is to be expected as the general public continue to be a bit more switched on than GNE seem to think they are. 

Mind I could see why they don't want to give out app codes. Suppose if I need a day out, I can get a free ticket to use GCT, Arriva buses and the Metro all day...

Seems like someone hasn't exactly thought this through.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - mb134 - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 7:53 pm)Unber43 wrote Not according to their FB Page really. 

The top (most liked) reply on their Twitter post: 
"Should have been sorted before. People's lives have been on hold all because companies can't pay their staff right"

And the most interacted with comment I can see on their Facebook post, which is actually a reply to another comment rather than the post:

"not really a lovely gesture when people have not been able to get to work and had to pay for taxis in a cost of living crisis or lose their job because buses don’t take this into account…. I mean it’s the least you can do but a good gesture… you're joking right!"

(01 Dec 2023, 7:55 pm)Storx wrote Mind I could see why they don't want to give out app codes. Suppose if I need a day out, I can get a free ticket to use GCT, Arriva buses and the Metro all day...

Seems like someone hasn't exactly thought this through.

Can see why, but it's another example of the horrific communication from GNE. If you can't put it in place, don't put it in the press release!

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - DeltaMan - 01 Dec 2023

Have they made this more complicated than it needs to be?

If the journeys are effectively free. Then surely all they need is a button on the ticket machine to record if it's an Adult or Child getting on.

Is the customer supposed to get on and still ask for a single ticket??

(01 Dec 2023, 8:01 pm)mb134 wrote Can see why, but it's another example of the horrific communication from GNE. If you can't put it in place, don't put it in the press release!

I must admit I'm not sure why they've offered the multi modal tickets. I'll continue below.

(01 Dec 2023, 9:18 pm)DeltaMan wrote Have they made this more complicated than it needs to be?

If the journeys are effectively free. Then surely all they need is a button on the ticket machine to record if it's an Adult or Child getting on.

Because of this pretty much, I don't really understand why they need app codes at all surely it would be better to just wave people on and do nothing. It's not as if they've been doing the correct fares for the £2 singles.

The TNE tickets in particular doesn't seem sensible at all as they're actively going to have to not take a fare but put money into the pot to fund it one way or another, surely it would be better financially not to bother with them at all.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Andreos1 - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 9:18 pm)DeltaMan wrote Have they made this more complicated than it needs to be?

Tracking the data? 

Huge opportunity for them to offer a day ticket and see where people are going. Perhaps.

I would give everyone day tickets, the TNE ones

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - L469 YVK - 01 Dec 2023

On a serious note aside from the usual Coast Road discussions, has an agreement been made between TNE/GNE & Arriva Northumbria to also allow free travel on the 306 & 308?

Will be a lot of stressed drivers in Blyth's canteen tomorrow evening if something hasn't been sorted! Especially given the fact that they've been baring the brunt of the 7 weeks GNE have been on strike!

i dont think its something drivers are going to be stressed about

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - L469 YVK - 01 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm)Unber43 wrote i dont think its something drivers are going to be stressed about

When Arriva drivers get a barrage of abuse because passengers won't get free travel on the 306 & 308 whilst GNE are offering it on the 307 & 309?

(01 Dec 2023, 10:38 pm)L469 YVK wrote When Arriva drivers get a barrage of abuse because passengers won't get free travel on the 306 & 308 whilst GNE are offering it on the 307 & 309?
Its a different company, no one would think that.

Also get a day ticket then theyre free, or even a GNE return

(01 Dec 2023, 10:47 pm)Unber43 wrote Its a different company, no one would think that.

That's not the point. The whole point is that Arriva are going to lose fares towards Newcastle and GNE will be overcrowded!

Bar the Northumberland 'X' services (Great North Road), provisions should also be fairly made to allow Arriva & Stagecoach to offer the same on shared corridors or in the case of the 306 & 308, the full routes!

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - ne14ne1 - 02 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 10:50 pm)L469 YVK wrote Bar the Northumberland 'X' services (Great North Road), provisions should also be fairly made to allow Arriva & Stagecoach to offer the same on shared corridors or in the case of the 306 & 308, the full routes!

Why, they haven’t been on strike?

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - F114TML - 02 Dec 2023

(01 Dec 2023, 10:47 pm)Unber43 wrote Its a different company, no one would think that.

You'd be surprised.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - L469 YVK - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 7:20 am)F114TML wrote You'd be surprised.

And exactly the point I was trying to make.

Several shared corridors between GNE & Arriva/Stagecoach, but especially given that the 306/307/308/309 are covered by a 'legally binding agreement', provisions should also be made for Arriva Northumbria!

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Dan - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 8:00 am)L469 YVK wrote And exactly the point I was trying to make.

Several shared corridors between GNE & Arriva/Stagecoach, but especially given that the 306/307/308/309 are covered by a 'legally binding agreement', provisions should also be made for Arriva Northumbria!

I highly doubt Arriva would agree to offering free travel because Go North East has been on strike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01 Dec 2023, 2:26 pm)NL62WVW wrote Wouldn't of thought so, would think there will be a few breakdowns

Unfortunately an Angel broke down around 7.30am this morning right in the entrance of the Askew Rd bus gate.
A b9 was soon stuck behind it with no where to go. 
Tyne Bridge buses diverted to use Redheugh.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - L469 YVK - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 8:12 am)Dan wrote I highly doubt Arriva would agree to offering free travel because Go North East has been on strike.

But then the QA is entirely pointless! Unless re-imbursed for loss of revenue by TNE/GNE, Arriva are going to lose revenue never mind drivers getting it in the neck when one bus every 10 minutes is free of charge, yet the other is full fare!

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - RobinHood - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 8:00 am)L469 YVK wrote Several shared corridors between GNE & Arriva/Stagecoach, but especially given that the 306/307/308/309 are covered by a 'legally binding agreement', provisions should also be made for Arriva Northumbria!

From what I understand, Arriva aren't to happy about this either, given the agreement on mutual ticket acceptance in place protecting the 306/308.

Of course, GNE can do what they want on their own network in terms of fares, but I think the mutual ticket acceptance document takes precedent in this case, as this is clear distortion of the market.

Ben and Nigel alienating their fellow colleagues within other companies at the same time as their staff and passengers, just when you thought it couldn't get any lower.

(02 Dec 2023, 8:39 am)L469 YVK wrote But then the QA is entirely pointless! Unless re-imbursed for loss of revenue by TNE/GNE, Arriva are going to lose revenue never mind drivers getting it in the neck when one bus every 10 minutes is free of charge, yet the other is full fare!

Well if a customer does get on an Arriva bus and says “well it’s free on GNE”, the driver can say “yes as an apology for leaving people stranded for 7 weeks’. 
End of conversation.

It’s for 1 week. 
If people want to stand in the freezing temperatures to wait for a GNE bus then they’re welcome to. 
Arriva will have made additional income on those corridors while GNE were on strike, and will probably have increased loadings anyway on the run up to Xmas. I wouldn’t worry about it.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - mb134 - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 8:12 am)Dan wrote I highly doubt Arriva would agree to offering free travel because Go North East has been on strike.

They've been forced into accepting it in a way though, as anyone can just get on a GNE bus to obtain a TNE day ticket then use those on Arriva and Stagecoach services for the rest of the day? It'll obviously have an impact on the on bus revenues of the other operators.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Adrian - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 8:54 am)RobinHood wrote From what I understand, Arriva aren't to happy about this either, given the agreement on mutual ticket acceptance in place protecting the 306/308.

Of course, GNE can do what they want on their own network in terms of fares, but I think the mutual ticket acceptance document takes precedent in this case, as this is clear distortion of the market.

Ben and Nigel alienating their fellow colleagues within other companies at the same time as their staff and passengers, just when you thought it couldn't get any lower.
Hopefully they'll remember this, the next time they think about offering free travel to cover industrial action.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Retro Nero - 02 Dec 2023

They are still getting a ticket from GNE , the only difference on the actual ticket is there will be no printed price on the ticket ,so can still be shown or scanned on Arriva  as ticket machines have been updated to accept each others QR codes,

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - RobinHood - 02 Dec 2023

(02 Dec 2023, 9:28 am)Adrian wrote Hopefully they'll remember this, the next time they think about offering free travel to cover industrial action.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Offering free travel on a 9-5 skeleton service is significantly different to free travel, including multi-operator day tickets on a normal network.

But, I do get your point.

I wonder how this is working in respect of any cost based agreements they may have? I assume the buyer isn't too chuffed about not having any revenue passed over to them?

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - streetdeckfan - 02 Dec 2023

We were following the X21 and 6 earlier, one was packed, the other not. Can you guess which one?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Well how does it work normally? If purchased on a GNE bus is that fare/money allocated to a central pot and shared amongst the other operators, or do the others only get a slice depending on if and how often that ticket is used on their services?

So this week, although they’re free to purchase for the GNE customer, is GNE not still allocating the cost of that fare to the central pot so that other operators still get their bit as normal?

And next question, does the initial seller get a slightly bigger slice of the pie?