North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1356)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - alanf - 15 May 2014

(14 May 2014, 11:06 am)Half Pint Me and mrnut85 know how much. There's been talks regards 33101s future but none I'm allowed to say. Just watch this space as it were because if it is to be saved the only way to come north is via the Coast Road and not A19 as it was going flat out for an hour which got rid of the oil and high temped the engine in the first place.

33101 has a heavy breathing engine so not fit for high speeds.

Has it ever been a Stockton bus?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 16 May 2014

(11 May 2014, 6:45 pm)Marcus Cheers, Tom Smile. I'm planning on having a day where a fit in a few Stagecoach journeys as opposed to the regular all-GNE days out I have, so I'm just working out a few times and prices.

Sorry, this is a bit late. It's £3.80 for a Day Rider which, according to the Stagecoach in Newcastle website, is valid in all of Tyne and Wear.

If you're wanting to travel past the Airport to Ponteland & Darras Hall, you can get a DayRider Plus which I think is about £4.50? I can't find any information about it on the Stagecoach in Newcastle website though.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 16 May 2014

(16 May 2014, 8:37 am)AIG20 In Sunderland Depot Today - from looking through the fence:
- E200 36088 is getting repainted,
- 22666 is getting a chassis wash,
- 22196 and Driver Trainer 20551 are at the rear of Sunderland Depot.
- 22736 is still in storage - presumably awaiting the scrap man to take it away.
- 28014 and a few "63 plate" E200s are over at the pits.

Elsewhere, 22468 is resting in a layby next to the Marriot Hotel in Seaburn with an engineer at the wheel.

Think its the first time a gas bus has being over the pits , could be wrong though

Walkng past Sunderland depot, only bus put the back ia the training bus.

All seems quiet this afternoon

(16 May 2014, 2:40 pm)AIG20 It was hectic this morning. There were engineers here, there and everywhere! Tongue

In addition, as I walked passed the rear of the depot on my way to the bus stop late this-morning, 22078 was being reversed into the workshop that looks like a rolling road platform. There is usually a vehicle being revved and checked in that workshop every day.

Only engineer dude i seen was driving a T? reg MAN in to the depot, thats as about 30 mins ago

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - mrnut85 - 16 May 2014

Keep your eyes peeled for gas buses arriving soon

(16 May 2014, 3:10 pm)mrnut85 Keep your eyes peeled for gas buses arriving soon

=D, i heard there arriving from Monday

Changes being posted for Sunderland

Changes to Services 3, 5/5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 20 from Sunday 22 June 2014

Following customer feedback, and we’re making some minor changes to services to further improve reliability and improve links in the City Centre.

Last Updated: 16 May 2014 5:43 PM

To view the new timetable for your service, please click on the appropriate blue service number below:

Service 3: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600. However, buses during the main Monday to Saturday daytime period will continue to run up to every 10 minutes.

Services 5 and 5A: To assist reliability, there are minor changes to afternoon timetables around 1600 - 1800. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the ongoing issues we’re experiencing along Chester Road due to congestion at the Springwell Road roundabout. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Gilley Law are diverted to serve it. As a result of the new highways layout, buses towards the Docks will no longer operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Services 10 and 11: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Grangetown will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace - The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place. There are no changes to frequencies, with both services running up to every 15 minutes.

Service 13: The Monday to Friday 0619 journey from John Street towards Doxford Park is revised to depart at 0617, and operate up to 2 minutes earlier. All other journeys continue unchanged, with buses operating up to every 10 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes, every 20 minutes during Sunday daytimes, and every 30 minutes during each evening.

Service 16: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600 - 1700. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the problems we’re experiencing on Chester Road due to congestion tailing back from the Springwell Road roundabout, resulting in delays to services. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace by Sunderland City Council, all evening trips towards Hastings Hill are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Red House will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Service 20: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Timetables continue unchanged.

Services Affected: 3, 5, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16, 20

Originally Posted: 16 May 2014 5:40 PM

And it's being confirmed that Green Terrace will be-come a one way system... finally!

Wonder if we get to see NEXUS's new style of timetable on the bus stops for these changes!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 16 May 2014

(16 May 2014, 4:50 pm)Michael Changes being posted for Sunderland

Changes to Services 3, 5/5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 20 from Sunday 22 June 2014

Following customer feedback, and we’re making some minor changes to services to further improve reliability and improve links in the City Centre.

Last Updated: 16 May 2014 5:43 PM

To view the new timetable for your service, please click on the appropriate blue service number below:

Service 3: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600. However, buses during the main Monday to Saturday daytime period will continue to run up to every 10 minutes.

Services 5 and 5A: To assist reliability, there are minor changes to afternoon timetables around 1600 - 1800. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the ongoing issues we’re experiencing along Chester Road due to congestion at the Springwell Road roundabout. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Gilley Law are diverted to serve it. As a result of the new highways layout, buses towards the Docks will no longer operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Services 10 and 11: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Grangetown will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace - The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place. There are no changes to frequencies, with both services running up to every 15 minutes.

Service 13: The Monday to Friday 0619 journey from John Street towards Doxford Park is revised to depart at 0617, and operate up to 2 minutes earlier. All other journeys continue unchanged, with buses operating up to every 10 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes, every 20 minutes during Sunday daytimes, and every 30 minutes during each evening.

Service 16: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600 - 1700. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the problems we’re experiencing on Chester Road due to congestion tailing back from the Springwell Road roundabout, resulting in delays to services. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace by Sunderland City Council, all evening trips towards Hastings Hill are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Red House will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Service 20: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Timetables continue unchanged.

Services Affected: 3, 5, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16, 20

Originally Posted: 16 May 2014 5:40 PM

And it's being confirmed that Green Terrace will be-come a one way system... finally!

Wonder if we get to see NEXUS's new style of timetable on the bus stops for these changes!

by mind Michael you were quick there, only posted at 1740 Tongue

(16 May 2014, 5:28 pm)citaro5284 by mind Michael you were quick there, only posted at 1740 Tongue

haha Tongue, i didn't even notice

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 8:15 am)AIG20 I certainly will! Big Grin

2 of them are currently sat in ADL Falkirk, next to a new style E400, awaiting to be delivered to Sunderland. Though they will need to be registered before hitting the road! Tongue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/14201326104/
Copyrighted and owned by "Gary Mitchelhill"

U beat me to it! haha Tongue

Must say i do like the new style E400

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 8:15 am)AIG20 I certainly will! Big Grin

2 of them are currently sat in ADL Falkirk, next to a new style E400, awaiting to be delivered to Sunderland. Though they will need to be registered before hitting the road! Tongue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/14201326104/
Copyrighted and owned by "Gary Mitchelhill"

Gary reported (on Facebook) six of them to be in the yard - five of which he managed to photograph.

(17 May 2014, 8:37 am)AIG20 I do as well. Smile
I hope Stagecoach North East gets some in next years order.

Me too, they might as well make Sunderland fully gas, least then the Enviros can move around to rid of the Non DDA and some of the newer MAN's =)

(17 May 2014, 8:39 am)Dan Gary reported (on Facebook) six of them to be in the yard - five of which he managed to photograph.

=D, they seem to be coming in decent batches

Wonder if they will wait for all 23 to be here before letting them out on the 3 and 13 routes

(17 May 2014, 8:45 am)AIG20 So, I guess that means that 6 of them will be delivered next week. If that is the case, they should hopefully start entering service by the beginning of June. That's if nothing else needs to be done to the fuelling facility.

Hopefully, cant remember who but someone mentioned the gas fueling station was built to accommodate more gas buses

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 17 May 2014

Worth a try...
http://www.stagecoach.com/competition.aspx

(17 May 2014, 10:20 am)Dan Worth a try...
http://www.stagecoach.com/competition.aspx

Might as well do it

Also noticed on the new timetables for the 3 etc in Sunderland, it still has

We always try to run low floor easy access buses on this service. However, we may occasionally need to run a high floor vehicle for a journey.

When was the last time a high floor bus was used in Sunderland?

Least they still warning people

(17 May 2014, 10:33 am)AIG20 I'm sure the last high floor vehicle used was 14672, which was subsequently scrapped due to mechanical issues.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N07/3182722012/
Copyrighted and owned by "Peter Barclay"

Thanks for the info, seems like it's flew over

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 18 May 2014

Right i have spent the last 15 mins looking back and can't find the question i'm gonna ask

Will 28018-28040 be allocated to the 3/13 only or will they go on the likes of the 16/20 to?

I:e... 28001-28017 - 16/20 only
28018-28040- 3/13 only.

or we will we seem them mixed allocations

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 18 May 2014

(18 May 2014, 9:44 am)Michael Right i have spent the last 15 mins looking back and can't find the question i'm gonna ask

Will 28018-28040 be allocated to the 3/13 only or will they go on the likes of the 16/20 to?

I:e... 28001-28017 - 16/20 only
28018-28040- 3/13 only.

or we will we seem them mixed allocations

Mixed allocations, as the branding for each batch is exactly the same. Makes it more difficult for us photographers, who want to photograph them all!