North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1382)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - GUG - 08 Feb 2015

Anyone know the price of a return ticket from Darlington to Richmond Market Place? thanks!

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Dan - 08 Feb 2015

Liam has broken the new announcement system so I'm having to resort back to posting for now...
www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/ - News has been updated.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - PH - BQA - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 10:55 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The 35s do get very busy, the 9ish from Ashington has a loading of around 10, Pegswood there was around 20 people on board.

I'll do a bit of homework on the 35s in the holidays, and I'll get the numbers from Seacrest Road - Morpeth.
Sure I saw on here that the X4/5 are going MAX this year, could Ashington get the 3 Commanders in return for some of the DAFs or B7s?

I remember when the 35 was operated by Scania single deckers, they seemed to cope fine passenger wise?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - omnicity4659 - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:10 am)mb134 wrote Sure I saw on here that the X4/5 are going MAX this year, could Ashington get the 3 Commanders in return for some of the DAFs or B7s?

I remember when the 35 was operated by Scania single deckers, they seemed to cope fine passenger wise?

The Commanders are like snails, and they'll get killed on Whorral Bank.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - omnicity4659 - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:08 am)Dan wrote Liam has broken the new announcement system so I'm having to resort back to posting for now...
www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/ - News has been updated.

I've never seen the new announcement system... Is it newer than the last news update? If so, Liam needs to stop fiddling with new things..  Rolleyes

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - PH - BQA - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:58 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The Commanders are like snails, and they'll get killed on Whorral Bank.
Can't be any slower than the D-FYM Leylands they used to use?! 

I was thinking in terms of operating costs, surely having empty deckers running around every day is pointless, reckon they should've kept hold of a couple of the V-DFT Volvo's.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Dan - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:58 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The Commanders are like snails, and they'll get killed on Whorral Bank.

I quite like them.
I had 1402 on the 1 yesterday and it coped alright - got into Blyth a few minutes late but seemed okay. Even had it at full speed at one point.

(08 Feb 2015, 12:00 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I've never seen the new announcement system... Is it newer than the last news update? If so, Liam needs to stop fiddling with new things..  Rolleyes

It's the same one we've used for a few weeks now.
I've managed to fix it - Liam didn't know how to turn off individual announcements so he stopped all announcements completely via another setting which isn't on the main control panel for the plugin we use for the announcements. I'll make sure I turn the individual announcements off myself next time! Wink 

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - tyresmoke - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:10 am)mb134 wrote Sure I saw on here that the X4/5 are going MAX this year, could Ashington get the 3 Commanders in return for some of the DAFs or B7s?

I wouldn't mind swapping the 3 Commanders for Stockton's 3 Scania Omnicities which could go for refurbishment when the X4/X5 goes MAX. I am intrigued to see what happens with regards to double deck vehicles though with some being required for the X4/X5 and X13, plus the Sapphire conversion of 22/24 (personally I would use 7453-6 though!).

(08 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm)tyresmoke wrote I wouldn't mind swapping the 3 Commanders for Stockton's 3 Scania Omnicities which could go for refurbishment when the X4/X5 goes MAX. I am intrigued to see what happens with regards to double deck vehicles though with some being required for the X4/X5 and X13, plus the Sapphire conversion of 22/24 (personally I would use 7453-6 though!).
Would love to see more Omnicities north of the Tyne Big Grin

When will more routes start to go MAX/Sapphire?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - tyresmoke - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm)mb134 wrote Would love to see more Omnicities north of the Tyne Big Grin

When will more routes start to go MAX/Sapphire?

Unfortunately I don't know any dates yet but we have the X12/X2 currently being set up for MAX, with the X13 and X4/X5 and X1 (awaiting new deliveries) to come also. Sapphire projects include the 6 and 22/24, both of which are also awaiting delivery of stock

(08 Feb 2015, 12:32 pm)tyresmoke wrote Unfortunately I don't know any dates yet but we have the X12/X2 currently being set up for MAX, with the X13 and X4/X5 and X1 (awaiting new deliveries) to come also. Sapphire projects include the 6 and 22/24, both of which are also awaiting delivery of stock
Is there any information on when the 6/7 will start to recieve their Enviro's?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Tom - 08 Feb 2015

Nice variety on Metro Replacements today: so far, 7445, 7491, 7612

(08 Feb 2015, 12:55 pm)Tom wrote Nice variety on Metro Replacements today: so far, 7445, 7491, 7612

MAX Metro Replacement, customers may see what they could be having if they used the bus normally instead of unreliable trains...

Reckon they should have used 7609, but slightly altered it's branding, "Your usual Metro needs fixing, so here is our replacement bus with free Wi-Fi, enjoy your journey "

Was very impressed by 7517 on my journey home this afternoon /evening. Had plenty of power, and once it got going seemed pretty quick. Also seemed unbelievably smooth. Think my negative opinion of E400's must be based on the oldest batch, as most of the other ones I've been on have been great.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Stuart Phin - 08 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 11:01 am)GUG wrote Anyone know the price of a return ticket from Darlington to Richmond Market Place? thanks!

In all fairness your probably better getting a £7.70 day ticket as a return is either £7.00 or £7.50

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - omnicity4659 - 09 Feb 2015

(08 Feb 2015, 7:05 pm)mb134 wrote Was very impressed by 7517 on my journey home this afternoon /evening. Had plenty of power, and once it got going seemed pretty quick. Also seemed unbelievably smooth. Think my negative opinion of E400's must be based on the oldest batch, as most of the other ones I've been on have been great.

We're the seats comfortable?

Everyone knows how much I hate hard leather seats.   Big Grin

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - omnicity4659 - 09 Feb 2015

Ashington has 7519 and 7520 on Nexus' shite light rail system replacement yesterday.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - PH - BQA - 09 Feb 2015

(09 Feb 2015, 9:27 am)Tommy_1581 wrote We're the seats comfortable?

Everyone knows how much I hate hard leather seats.   Big Grin
Were alright aye, better than those in 7501-9 anyway. Only thing is, it's quite hard to rest on the headrests if you're tall.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Jimmi - 09 Feb 2015

(09 Feb 2015, 1:15 pm)mb134 wrote Were alright aye, better than those in 7501-9 anyway. Only thing is, it's quite hard to rest on the headrests if you're tall.

I refer to them as shoulder rests as they are only really headrests' if your a child.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Jimmi - 09 Feb 2015

28 seater Solo on the 1/5 are you taking the mick with the allocations on this service now!

We have biddys with shopping trolleys, a pushchair and a woman with with a walker with wheels and no seats on this bus.

it's becoming an utter joke the buses we are getting on this service now, we should have 44 seater Pulsars and we are getting 28-31 seater Solos and MPDs - utterly pathetic Arriva.

(09 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm)Victor wrote 28 seater Solo on the 1/5 are you taking the mick with the allocations on this service now!

We have biddys with shopping trolleys, a pushchair and a woman with with a walker with wheels and no seats on this bus.

it's becoming an utter joke the buses we are getting on this service now, we should have 44 seater Pulsars and we are getting 28-31 seater Solos and MPDs - utterly pathetic Arriva.

Well, if the people who get their bus for free used the seat next to the window (is that inside or outside?) we wouldn't have this problem. 

Myself and my pregnant mother sit in the priority seats as walking up the bus is dangerous for her, but we still get dirty looks off the people who get their flaming bus for free! If I have to pay, then I get a seat anywhere on the bus, but the OAPs get their bus for free but they expect seats freed up for them.

Rant over.

(09 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm)Jimmi wrote 28 seater Solo on the 1/5 are you taking the mick with the allocations on this service now!

Getting off was a challenge because the walker and tartan shopping trolleys were in the aisle because there was nowhere else for them to go.

I'm getting fed up of this now its an absolute disgrace and it is also causing the service to run late because of people struggling to move for the amount of people on it, who gets the wheelchair bay, people not sure where they can put things and then people trying to choose where to sit/stand and there is not many places to stand on a Solo without being in the way.

So one service gets the benefit of larger buses and we get shafted because we lost two Pulsars so 4643/4646 could be used on the X26/X27 & X66 explain how this fair to us.

The X1 MAX StreetLite's can't come soon enough!

(09 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Well, if the people who get their bus for free used the seat next to the window (is that inside or outside?) we wouldn't have this problem. 

Myself and my pregnant mother sit in the priority seats as walking up the bus is dangerous for her, but we still get dirty looks off the people who get their flaming bus for free! If I have to pay, then I get a seat anywhere on the bus, but the OAPs get their bus for free but they expect seats freed up for them.

Rant over.

They couldn't sit on the inside because all the inside seats on the bus were occupied when they all got on.

I have issues with the free OAP passes but it is causing issues for people with disabilities of all ages the lack of space on that bus on that service and is also causing safety concerns with things being where they shouldn't be because there isn't any room.

I've had enough of small buses on a service which should have a full size bus every day for the last two months and continue until the X1 MAX StreetLite's arrive.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Multi21 - 09 Feb 2015

Not sure if it's already been reported but I rocked up for work this morning and Solo 2803 was sat in Stockton yard.  It was later seen in Middlesbrough Bus Station for Crew Familiarisation. Still has the Darlington blind set in it.  Start of Solos for Stockton it appears.  Also noted today 4 of the 5 B7s have disappeared from Redcar.  Mr wigley was in Redcar yard this morning getting 1651 .

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - DanPicken - 09 Feb 2015

(09 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Well, if the people who get their bus for free used the seat next to the window (is that inside or outside?) we wouldn't have this problem. 

Rant over.

Exactly we pay but they winge because they can't get their favorite seat.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - tyresmoke - 09 Feb 2015

(09 Feb 2015, 6:26 pm)Multi21 wrote Not sure if it's already been reported but I rocked up for work this morning and Solo 2803 was sat in Stockton yard.  It was later seen in Middlesbrough Bus Station for Crew Familiarisation. Still has the Darlington blind set in it.  Start of Solos for Stockton it appears.  Also noted today 4 of the 5 B7s have disappeared from Redcar.  Mr wigley was in Redcar yard this morning getting 1651 .

Yeah it arrived late last week. Some B7TLs were reported on the A19 yesterday so should be at Jesmond now. DLAs should move to Durham as soon as possible to free up the Geminis to go to Thorntons.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - L469 YVK - 09 Feb 2015

(09 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm)Jimmi wrote They couldn't sit on the inside because all the inside seats on the bus were occupied when they all got on.

I have issues with the free OAP passes but it is causing issues for people with disabilities of all ages the lack of space on that bus on that service and is also causing safety concerns with things being where they shouldn't be because there isn't any room.

I've had enough of small buses on a service which should have a full size bus every day for the last two months and continue until the X1 MAX StreetLite's arrive.

You should your username to Animal Anderson, "here we go, bloody twirly time!"

(09 Feb 2015, 7:48 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote You should your username to Animal Anderson, "here we go, bloody twirly time!"

He needs to change his name to bloody Victor...

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - Jimmi - 10 Feb 2015

Just a heads up if anyone on here is driving a service 7, 8/8A or 56 there is a woman going off it in Ferryhill because she left her purse on the 56 and is asking drivers to catch up with the 56.

Not sure how a driver on a Durham bound 7 is supposed to catch up with a 56 that's left Ferryhill bound for Bishop Auckland.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015 - omnicity4659 - 10 Feb 2015

Well, said woman can go to Belmont tonight to get her purse.

I'm sure that the bus drivers can let you on without paying if you provide a name and address (but only if it is necessary).