North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 1:33 pm)Michael wrote Shock horror, as you seem to hate everything.
Name one thing I hate...

RE: Recent Repaints - PH - BQA - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 12:33 pm)Michael wrote Any sign of 6050 yet? Tongue
Positive I saw it earlier on, on the A184, as I was leaving Heworth - at least I saw a B9 with a very distinct livery...

RE: Recent Repaints - Michael - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 2:22 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Name one thing I hate...

Everything what GNE actually do.

RE: Recent Repaints - Stanleyone - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 2:22 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Name one thing I hate...
X21 having 3 different interiors....old 6304-6307, current 6332/6333 and then the planned new vehicles.

RE: Recent Repaints - citaro5284 - 25 Jun 2020

There you go......

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/go-north-east-unveils-multi-coloured-bus-celebrate-work-its-team-bringing-communities-together

RE: Recent Repaints - Dan - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 1:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote Rainbow would be my guess, maybe something like the Metrobus?

Indeed - as confirmed to colleagues in a team briefing earlier today, 6050 (NK12 GDE) has been painted in a rainbow livery, inspired by the Metrobuses which carried this livery back in the 1980s, and adapted to fit with today’s very prevalent rainbow symbol with a “Bringing communities together, celebrating diversity” message.

[Image: 50044356652_31bd6dabc1.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 50044101171_2601814d74.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 50044356282_f06e51ff42.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Looks really good, Saltmeadow's team should be proud!

RE: Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 3:50 pm)Dan wrote Indeed - as confirmed to colleagues in a team briefing earlier today, 6050 (NK12 GDE) has been painted in a rainbow livery, inspired by the Metrobuses which carried this livery back in the 1980s, and adapted to fit with today’s very prevalent rainbow symbol with a “Bringing communities together, celebrating diversity” message.

[Image: 50044356652_31bd6dabc1.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 50044101171_2601814d74.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 50044356282_f06e51ff42.jpg]Go North East: 6050 / NK12GDE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Will this act as a replacement for the Pride liveried versa?

(25 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm)JP6004 wrote Will this act as a replacement for the Pride liveried versa?

I do hope the Pride Livery is redone on the Versa, it doesn't suit the bus at all, it suits this and the Citaro best.

RE: Recent Repaints - Rapidsnap - 25 Jun 2020

Beautiful

(17 Jun 2020, 6:14 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Could be part of a rainbow livery to thank keyworkers.

Well that was a good guess by me.

(25 Jun 2020, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote I do hope the Pride Livery is redone on the Versa, it doesn't suit the bus at all, it suits this and the Citaro best.
I hope this is the replacement. Having 2 separate liveries for Pride, inclusivity and diversity defeats the object

(25 Jun 2020, 3:50 pm)Dan wrote Indeed - as confirmed to colleagues in a team briefing earlier today, 6050 (NK12 GDE) has been painted in a rainbow livery, inspired by the Metrobuses which carried this livery back in the 1980s, and adapted to fit with today’s very prevalent rainbow symbol with a “Bringing communities together, celebrating diversity” message.

You know what, I actually quite like it! I'm not usually a fan of rainbows (they're far too political for my liking now) but it does look rather smart

RE: Recent Repaints - V514DFT - 25 Jun 2020

I like 6050,ties in nicely with pride month aswell even if it is a modern take on a livery from the 1980's

(25 Jun 2020, 4:58 pm)V514DFT wrote I like 6050,ties in nicely with pride month aswell even if it is a modern take on a livery from the 1980's
It was probably already planned to coincide with Northern/UK Pride in July, however this has extra meaning now, focusing more on the diveristy and inclusivity of not just LGBT

RE: Recent Repaints - BusLoverMum - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 12:55 pm)Stanleyone wrote When it does emerge, some will love it and no doubt some will hate it.
Marmite livery?

Bigun Approves

RE: Recent Repaints - James101 - 25 Jun 2020

Looks absolutely cracking, well thought through on many levels

I just noticed, the roof has been left red, is there a reason for that? I thought the new thing was to paint the roofs white (or at least a light colour)

I only noticed because the 'vent' thing on the roof sticks out like a sore thumb!

(25 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I just noticed, the roof has been left red, is there a reason for that? I thought the new thing was to paint the roofs white (or at least a light colour)

I only noticed because the 'vent' thing on the roof sticks out like a sore thumb!
Isnt it the wifi box?

(25 Jun 2020, 10:51 pm)JP6004 wrote Isnt it the wifi box?

Could well be!
Point still remains the same, looks a bit silly sticking out of the top, now I've noticed it, I can't unsee it. 
It looks alright when you can see the rest of the roof is red though

I'm surprised it took me this long to find something I don't like!

RE: Recent Repaints - BeachBoy99 - 25 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 10:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Could well be!
Point still remains the same, looks a bit silly sticking out of the top, now I've noticed it, I can't unsee it. 
It looks alright when you can see the rest of the roof is red though

I'm surprised it took me this long to find something I don't like!

Yes, it's a roof pod.
No, it doesn't look silly. Please just "unsee" it.
The roof being painted in all of the colours would be stupid.
Why is it always the negative things about the company that you pinpoint?

(25 Jun 2020, 11:27 pm)BeachBoy99 wrote Yes, it's a roof pod.
No, it doesn't look silly. Please just "unsee" it.
The roof being painted in all of the colours would be stupid.
Why is it always the negative things about the company that you pinpoint?

I just happen to think if it was painted a lighter colour, grey for example, it wouldn't look so out of place.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9428]

.jpg Rainbow-Grey-Pod.jpg

Recent Repaints - Dan - 26 Jun 2020

(25 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I just noticed, the roof has been left red, is there a reason for that? I thought the new thing was to paint the roofs white (or at least a light colour)

There’s a big cost associated with painting the roof of a bus, which in the current climate cannot be justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Recent Repaints - Storx - 26 Jun 2020

The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

The messages on the bus don't even corrispond to it being anything about you and it's clear from about 100 mile what the purpose of it really is for. Majorly disrespectful when the community has big problems at current times.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareham/2020/05/06/should-the-lgbt-community-call-out-nhs-appropriation-of-rainbow-flag/#791be6eed544

Don't bother painting a bus for pride next year as it won't be welcome as it's clearly a political stunt and you genuinely have no interest in it bar for brownie points to look good especially when it was supposed to be a big thing for the city it mainly runs into this year.

RE: Recent Repaints - Michael - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am)Storx wrote The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

The messages on the bus don't even corrispond to it being anything about you and it's clear from about 100 mile what the purpose of it really is for. Majorly disrespectful when the community has big problems at current times.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareham/2020/05/06/should-the-lgbt-community-call-out-nhs-appropriation-of-rainbow-flag/#791be6eed544

Don't bother painting a bus for pride next year as it won't be welcome as it's clearly a political stunt and you genuinely have no interest in it bar for brownie points to look good especially when it was supposed to be a big thing for the city it mainly runs into this year.

Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

They already have 2 pride buses in 5292 and 8335, so i doubt they'll be painting another one for next year.

RE: Recent Repaints - Storx - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 8:39 am)Michael wrote Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

They already have 2 pride buses in 5292 and 8335, so i doubt they'll be painting another one for next year.

Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Sorry to those who don't politics stuff but it's been on my chest for awhile and it's annoying. It's annoying enough companies becoming sudden pride advocates for marketing reasons it's even more annoying when they suddenly divert it because it can get a bigger audience.

Recent Repaints - Dan - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 9:02 am)Storx wrote Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Sorry to those who don't politics stuff but it's been on my chest for awhile and it's annoying. It's annoying enough companies becoming sudden pride advocates for marketing reasons it's even more annoying when they suddenly divert it because it can get a bigger audience.

Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

They appear every year at both Sunderland and Newcastle pride events, provide sponsorship, and even have a partnership with the Pride FM radio station. Their efforts wouldn’t go as far as that, if it was just political or for ‘fluffy marketing’.

This bus is multi-purpose, yes, in that it’s a nod back to the original bus back in the 80s, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

RE: Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 9:29 am)Dan wrote Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

They appear every year at both Sunderland and Newcastle pride events, provide sponsorship, and even have a partnership with the Pride FM radio station. Their efforts wouldn’t go as far as that, if it was just political or for ‘fluffy marketing’.

This bus is multi-purpose, yes, in that it’s a nod back to the original bus back in the 80s, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

I have to agree to an extent with storx. Yes it's great the work previously done and this new livery is great, however the international rainbow meaning has been significantly diluted, especially with the press release saying everything about inclusion and diversity yet missing off the main focus point - bit of a kick in the teeth during Pride month

RE: Recent Repaints - James101 - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am)Storx wrote The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

Dan referenced the official campaign 6050 is representing is internal colleague initiative 'One Team GNE'. It's poignant that the rainbow livery ties in with the symbol of gratitude for key workers during a national emergency AND support for the LBGTQ+ community, particularly relevant in the month of June. The wording on the livery commits to neither or could be interpreted to support both causes. 

In reference to the Forbes article linked to, it's a bit of a paradox for some members of the LGBTQ+ community to be promoting their rainbow symbol to by one of diversity and inclusiveness whilst simultaneously demanding it's specifically theirs and cannot be shared. If we're going to start arguing the toss over how different types of rainbow have different meanings then it's worth remembering 6050's livery is a recreation of one 35 years ago so are we saying those seven colours applied in diagonal fashion specifically represent support for the deregulation of bus services in the 80s? No, because that's ridiculous.

It's a sensitive issue and I think GNE have thought through 6050's representation very well.

RE: Recent Repaints - V514DFT - 26 Jun 2020

I dont get how a livery can cause such offence,its ridiculous tbh,atleast GNE give some variety in regards to liverys rather than it just be corporate boringness

RE: Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 9:54 am)James101 wrote Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

Dan referenced the official campaign 6050 is representing is internal colleague initiative 'One Team GNE'. It's poignant that the rainbow livery ties in with the symbol of gratitude for key workers during a national emergency AND support for the LBGTQ+ community, particularly relevant in the month of June. The wording on the livery commits to neither or could be interpreted to support both causes. 

In reference to the Forbes article linked to, it's a bit of a paradox for some members of the LGBTQ+ community to be promoting their rainbow symbol to by one of diversity and inclusiveness whilst simultaneously demanding it's specifically theirs and cannot be shared. If we're going to start arguing the toss over how different types of rainbow have different meanings then it's worth remembering 6050's livery is a recreation of one 35 years ago so are we saying those seven colours applied in diagonal fashion specifically represent support for the deregulation of bus services in the 80s? No, because that's ridiculous.

It's a sensitive issue and I think GNE have thought through 6050's representation very well.
The rainbow is the property of no one. However the rainbow flag is internationally recognised as the symbol for LGBT.
I dont think anyone holds issue with the fact that the rainbow livery supports multiple causes - LGBT, key workers etc, its the press release that does not even acknowledge the main symbolism of the the rainbow - especially during Pride Month