North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2014

I was down there yesterday afternoon. Got home and read that.
Ronnie Moore is never far away from the headlines...

As for the game, Oxford looked poor at the back, Hartlepool in Midfield. Neither created too many clear cut chances, but going off league positions, not a bad result for Hartlepool. Shame they couldn't hold out for a win.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 8:14 am)Andreos1 wrote I was down there yesterday afternoon. Got home and read that.
Ronnie Moore is never far away from the headlines...

As for the game, Oxford looked poor at the back, Hartlepool in Midfield. Neither created too many clear cut chances, but going off league positions, not a bad result for Hartlepool. Shame they couldn't hold out for a win.
So what is your opinion on young Chedwyn mate?

Would you be happy watching him play knowing whay he has been convicted of?

I am all for innocent till proven guilty, I know Evans has always protested his innocence and apparantly will be appealing, but as it stands the man was found guilty of rape and was jailed for said conviction, now if on appeal he is found to be innocent, then by all means let him continue his football career.

Convicted rapists and sex offenders should not be in a position where they are supposed to be a role model to children, If me or you was a convicted sex offender our employment opportunities would be very limited and I dont see why Ched Evans, if he is on appeal, ultimately found guilty, he should not be allowed to make a name for himself im a very public...I said the same about Marlon King(sexual assault) and about Lee Hughes and Luke Norris (both death by dangerous driving)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2014

I have thought about this for a while now and my view is skewed by personal experience.

Several years ago, a mate took a lass back to his. The next afternoon, police knocked at the door and arrested him for rape.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was charged. Working in the medical sector, he knew what the outcome would be if the hospital trust found out.
What was different between his case and Ched Evans case, there was no sexual contact.
The police only found this out, when carrying out DNA testing.
My mate, was released without charge.

As for the Ched Evans case, only two people know what happened that night, we weren't there, haven't heard word for word what was said in court - so despite the jury finding him guilty, I will stand back and reserve judgement.
I am not saying it is a miscarriage of justice, but I am saying there have been others in the past.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 8:37 am)Andreos1 wrote I have thought about this for a while now and my view is skewed by personal experience.

Several years ago, a mate took a lass back to his. The next afternoon, police knocked at the door and arrested him for rape.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was charged. Working in the medical sector, he knew what the outcome would be if the hospital trust found out.
What was different between his case and Ched Evans case, there was no sexual contact.
The police only found this out, when carrying out DNA testing.
My mate, was released without charge.

As for the Ched Evans case, only two people know what happened that night, we weren't there, haven't heard word for word what was said in court - so despite the jury finding him guilty, I will stand back and reserve judgement.
I am not saying it is a miscarriage of justice, but I am saying there have been others in the past.
Not word for word but here is a summary of the court case

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

I think what Evans was convicted on was the fact the victim so pissed out her head, she was in no fit state to consent, she was absolutely steaming and had drugs in her system.

My view on this is very personal, someone I love very much was victim of an attempted rape about 8 years ago, he was finally caught and ended up being deported back to India and I was viciously assaulted when I was 17, though I never made a complaint, thats a different story for a different day though.

As I said if his conviction is overturned on appeal, I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong, whatever happens though, Evans will probably never be innocent in many peoples opinions and will forever remain a controversial figure as long as he is playing football

After reading that, I am even less sure about his guilt, than I already was... Particularly as his mate was let off, for doing the same thing.
It's a minefield, and I think we need to leave it to the appeals court to decide.

One thing is for sure, drunken sex (whether as part of a relationship or not), is a no-no now. The precedent has been set.
Have drunken sex and just hope the other person remembers the next morning!

(21 Dec 2014, 9:10 am)Andreos1 wrote After reading that, I am even less sure about his guilt, than I already was... Particularly as his mate was let off, for doing the same thing.
It's a minefield, and I think we need to leave it to the appeals court to decide.

One thing is for sure, drunken sex (whether as part of a relationship or not), is a no-no now. The precedent has been set.
Have drunken sex and just hope the other person remembers the next morning!
Your right about it being a minefield.

As for that summary, why was his mates around filming it, should they not have been done for voyeurism or something, if she was in no fit state to consent, she was in no state to agree to star in a frankie vaughan.

I think more protection for men accused of rape and serious sexual offences needs to be brought in, innocent or guilty, a man may never live it down, even if he is innocent and that is wrong.

Unfortunately for Ched Evans, giving his profile, if/when henis cleared, it will always be firmly on his shoulders, not everybody would accept his possible acquittal on appeal.

Just have to wait and see Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 21 Dec 2014

Today's, the day, its derby day!

I know i'm not an admin on here but can we please keep the banter friendly, no going over the top please, i really can't be arsed.

Lets make it a derby for Liam Sweeney and John Alder. 

My prediction: 1-1

(21 Dec 2014, 10:21 am)Michael wrote Today's, the day, its derby day!

I know i'm not an admin on here but can we please keep the banter friendly, no going over the top please, i really can't be arsed.

Absolutely agree

But where do you consider the line being from banter to going over the top???

(21 Dec 2014, 10:21 am)Michael wrote Today's, the day, its derby day!

Absolutely agree

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 11:31 am)MrFozz wrote Absolutely agree

I'm not sure, just want to make sure it doesn't get personal on here and people to over re-act to comments because we all know some people can! 

I'll be having my cheesy chips while the match is on Tongue 

(21 Dec 2014, 11:37 am)Michael wrote I'm not sure, just want to make sure it doesn't get personal on here and people over re-act to comments because we all know some people can! 

I'll be having my cheesy chips while the match is on  
Absolutely...

I just hope it is a good day for the police...

Shoot me down for saying this if you want, but I feel Northumbrias finest are using the names of John Alder and Liam Sweeney to try and keep any hassle to a minimum, I hope it does not backfire because today is as much for there memory as it is for everybody else

(21 Dec 2014, 11:40 am)MrFozz wrote Absolutely...

I just hope it is a good day for the police...

Shoot me down for saying this if you want, but I feel Northumbrias finest are using the names of John Alder and Liam Sweeney to try and keep any hassle to a minimum, I hope it does not backfire because is as much for there memory as it is for everybody else

I agree with you Fozz, that's why i think they wanted less police because they reckon they'll be peace because of what the Sunderland fans did for them. 

My brother left at 9:30am this morning haha

Are the fans having a round of applause for John Alder and Liam Sweeney during the game?

I also hope we see a banner for them. 

(21 Dec 2014, 11:48 am)Michael wrote I agree with you Fozz, that's why i think they wanted less police because they reckon they'll be peace because of what the Sunderland fans did for them. 

Are the fans having a round of applause for John Alder and Liam Sweeney during the game?

My mate was telling me Sunderland fans had a banner made up, not sure if it was at the Sunderland game when The Sweeney and Alder families attended the SoL to say thanks

(21 Dec 2014, 11:48 am)Michael wrote I agree with you Fozz, that's why i think they wanted less police because they reckon they'll be peace because of what the Sunderland fans did for them. 

My mate was telling me Sunderland fans had a banner made up, not sure if it was at the Sunderland game when The Sweeney and Alder families attended the SoL to say thanks

(21 Dec 2014, 12:07 pm)MrFozz wrote My mate was telling me Sunderland fans had a banner made up, not sure if it was at the Sunderland game when The Sweeney and Alder families attended the SoL to say thanks

My brother just text my dad saying hes drinking with Newcastle fans and having a laugh.

I'm not sure if we have a banner or not but if we do i hope its not offensive.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Dec 2014

I will never forget coming home from Lowestoft on a train when I was 17 met a group of Labourers coming home from Belgium at Peterborough, when they saw my Sunderland shirt, they threatened to kidnap me and put me through an intensive course of re-education, plying me with beer and cigs if I promised to see the error of my ways and become a black and white...

Well I sort saw that promise through, I suport Darlington now Big Grin lmao

Teams are in:
Sunderland: Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O’Shea ©, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Fletcher
Subs: Bridcutt, Rodwell, Altidore, Alvarez, Coates, Buckley, Mannone.

Newcastle: Alnwick, Janmaat, Coloccini ©, S Taylor, Dummett, Sissoko, Colback, Tiote, Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi

Subs: Woodman, Haidara, Williamson, Cabella, Armstrong, Riviere, Cisse.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - PH - BQA - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm)Michael wrote Teams are in:
Sunderland: Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O’Shea ©, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Fletcher
Subs: Bridcutt, Rodwell, Altidore, Alvarez, Coates, Buckley, Mannone.

Newcastle: Alnwick, Janmaat, Coloccini ©, S Taylor, Dummett, Sissoko, Colback, Tiote, Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi

Subs: Woodman, Haidara, Williamson, Cabella, Armstrong, Riviere, Cisse.
Well we're not going to win Sad

(21 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm)mb134 wrote Well we're not going to win Sad

1-1 for me.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - PH - BQA - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm)Michael wrote 1-1 for me.
Can't see us losing, think the players will be up for it if Pardew does his job correctly... Just I don't think Gouffran adds anything, and Tiote is pretty unreliable Undecided

(21 Dec 2014, 12:44 pm)mb134 wrote
Can't see us losing, think the players will be up for it if Pardew does his job correctly... Just I don't think Gouffran adds anything, and Tiote is pretty unreliable Undecided

I have a feeling we'll see a red card.

I hope both sets fans come together today for John Alder and Liam Sweeney.

Anthony Reveillere has just limped out of the warm-up....

11 mins in and 2 yellow cards and dirty tackles.... oh i love the derby!

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 21 Dec 2014

I am not a Sunderland fan, but that should have been red for Coloccini.

(21 Dec 2014, 1:44 pm)Tom wrote I am not a Sunderland fan, but that should have been red for Coloccini.

Maybe, 50/50, think it depends on the ref.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm)Michael wrote Maybe, 50/50, think it depends on the ref.

Aye, it is one that could go either way. 

Nice show of respect for Liam Sweeney and John Alder in the 17th minute Big Grin

Its about time Tiote got booked, he can be such a dirty player!

He has been Wink

(21 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm)Tom wrote He has been Wink

5 yellow cards so far haha

Not even 30 mins played.

Alnwick playing alright in goal.