North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm)Kuyoyo wrote My laptop - after weeks of it playing up, it's now decided it doesn't want to load Window Explorer at all Sad

Have you not got a system restore point that you can revert to perhaps?

Windows Key + R > systempropertiesprotection.exe

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Kuyoyo - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm)Michael wrote Google Chrome is the way forward!

You misunderstand - the operating system won't load

(15 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm)aureolin wrote Have you not got a system restore point that you can revert to perhaps?

Windows Key + R > systempropertiesprotection.exe

Only issue then is losing all the photos taken in that time.

EDIT: it's working now after a second restart and an update.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm)aureolin wrote You could have been taking photos at anything Jimmi. I wouldn't worry about it. Smile

I never make a big thing of any of my hobbies. Even the ones that people may consider 'normal' (whatever that is!). Having said that, I've got quite a diverse group of friends, and I'm certainly not oblivious to the micky taking and such that's associated with the hobby. I'm starting to care less and less about that these days though, whereas I've always avoided photographing on my doorstep in the past.

I think it was kind of obvious that this was what I was doing as I was waiting for 5161 on the 265 where I went down to Millburngate and to make matters worse I had the camera in the wrong setting (forgot to change it after getting a shot of 9109 in Bishop yesterday) so I had to take a few photos of this bus and the person who I recognised was at the bus stop then boarded the bus in question.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 6:52 pm)Kuyoyo wrote You misunderstand - the operating system won't load

Only issue then is losing all the photos taken in that time.

EDIT: it's working now after a second restart and an update.

Ah dam, I'm not sure sorry =(

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm)aureolin wrote Have you never bumped into anybody at all that you know?

Oh yes lots of times. But thing was, I was pretty much known that I was mad about buses and trains from when I was about 5 years old, so people never gave me and grief for it. In High School, people regularly came to me asking for advice on what buses to get to places. Still get asked at work on what buses to get to places.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 16 Jul 2015

Forgot to charge the batterys for my camera!

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 16 Jul 2015

Tight connection between buses and an OAP has just got on the bus paying the 50p fare in 5 and 1 pence pieces!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 16 Jul 2015

The review of 12 buses and how to explain that I waited at Eldon Square for nearly 45 minutes for an Olympian...!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 16 Jul 2015

Flickr upload isn't working!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 16 Jul 2015

(16 Jul 2015, 11:16 am)Davie wrote Flickr upload isn't working!

Makes a change...  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 16 Jul 2015

Discovering I have 50 minutes to wait for the X93 back to Middlesbrough.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - LeeCalder - 16 Jul 2015

(16 Jul 2015, 3:06 pm)Jimmi wrote Discovering I have 50 minutes to wait for the X93 back to Middlesbrough.

Do something to occupy your mind for a bit

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 16 Jul 2015

(16 Jul 2015, 3:09 pm)LeeCalder wrote Do something to occupy your mind for a bit
I just want to go home, my legs hurt!

Not a great deal for me to do in Scarborough now besides more bus spotting.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Diamond One - 17 Jul 2015

Had a right headache when I woke up this morning but now I feel ok

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 17 Jul 2015

(17 Jul 2015, 2:32 pm)Diamond One wrote Had a right headache when I woke up this morning but now I feel ok

Had a headache all bloody week and it still hasn't gone away!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 18 Jul 2015

My deck is screwing me over in the tournament today. Played 3 and lost 2. Grrrrr

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - R852 PRG - 18 Jul 2015

When I was travelling on demonstrator 9109 from Newcastle to Bishop Auckland, to see how it handled the whole route; I was treated with the presence of two other enthusiasts, who sat at the forward-most tables on the door-side. Throughout the journey, I heard them giggling on like toddlers, they dropped a massive fizzy drink bottle, a few burps and farts were heard... I was absolutely devastated when they then boarded the next bus back from Bishop Auckland!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 3:02 pm)R852 PRG wrote When I was travelling on demonstrator 9109 from Newcastle to Bishop Auckland, to see how it handled the whole route; I was treated with the presence of two other enthusiasts, who sat at the forward-most tables on the door-side. Throughout the journey, I heard them giggling on like toddlers, they dropped a massive fizzy drink bottle, a few burps and farts were heard... I was absolutely devastated when they then boarded the next bus back from Bishop Auckland!

Horrid that like. There's ways to behave in public, and that's not one of them!  Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - DanPicken - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 3:02 pm)R852 PRG wrote When I was travelling on demonstrator 9109 from Newcastle to Bishop Auckland, to see how it handled the whole route; I was treated with the presence of two other enthusiasts, who sat at the forward-most tables on the door-side. Throughout the journey, I heard them giggling on like toddlers, they dropped a massive fizzy drink bottle, a few burps and farts were heard... I was absolutely devastated when they then boarded the next bus back from Bishop Auckland!

Definitely not me!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 18 Jul 2015

I was taking a photograph of 8331 (Quaylink) on service 96, and a passanger had a go at me saying "I'm not aloud to photograph buses when their are passengers on board!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - citaro5284 - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 7:15 pm)Davie wrote I was taking a photograph of 8331 (Quaylink) on service 96, and a passanger had a go at me saying "I'm not aloud to photograph buses when their are passengers on board!

must have been because you were too noisy

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - LeeCalder - 18 Jul 2015

Well I wonder who that was....

(18 Jul 2015, 7:32 pm)LeeCalder wrote Well I wonder who that was....

Like I said deffo not me!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - LeeCalder - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 7:15 pm)Davie wrote I was taking a photograph of 8331 (Quaylink) on service 96, and a passanger had a go at me saying "I'm not aloud to photograph buses when their are passengers on board!

So he said to you that he isn't aloud too take photos?

That's what you've said, he said.

(18 Jul 2015, 7:52 pm)LeeCalder wrote So he said to you that he isn't aloud too take photos?

That's what you've said, he said.

I think he means I'm as in himself (Davie).

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 3:02 pm)R852 PRG wrote When I was travelling on demonstrator 9109 from Newcastle to Bishop Auckland, to see how it handled the whole route; I was treated with the presence of two other enthusiasts, who sat at the forward-most tables on the door-side. Throughout the journey, I heard them giggling on like toddlers, they dropped a massive fizzy drink bottle, a few burps and farts were heard... I was absolutely devastated when they then boarded the next bus back from Bishop Auckland!

I once gained notoriety for my ability to clear the top deck of a bus through dropping my guts [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(18 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm)MrFozz wrote I once gained notoriety for my ability to clear the top deck of a bus through dropping my guts [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Davie's were just as bad!

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Diamond One - 18 Jul 2015

i would have told that passenger to F+++ O++ and tell him straight

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - South Tyne Lad - 18 Jul 2015

Feeling really ill today just wasn't taking notice of anything at all today.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 19 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 8:09 pm)Diamond One wrote i would have told that passenger to F+++ O++ and tell him straight

I didn't really want to cause anymore trouble