North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coppercap40 - 02 Feb 2014

Winlaton was originally served by Hurst's buses, who were taken over by Northern in the mid 50' I think, their depot was where Winlaton library now stands

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Half of the bus drivers look sick anyways never smile Attitude is disgraceful want to be greatfull they got a job when it says on there buses respect our staff should say respect our passergers in the drivers cab

One thing I can't fault GNE for is the standard of their drivers. Almost all I've come across are cheerful, helpful and smart, much more so than the average Arriva driver (and much more than I ever was, I admit.)

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 02 Feb 2014

Has 564 been out yet on Peterlee services yet? I haven't seen it, but I may have missed it.
Also when will the remaining MPD's be branded? All ex-Venture ones remain in part-venture taglines with some in plain yellow.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Has 564 been out yet on Peterlee services yet? I haven't seen it, but I may have missed it.

Yes it has.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm)andreos1 wrote Having never been on a Blaydon Racers bus, do you know if the lyrics were written out on there?
....gannin along the Scotswoooooood Road....

I don't think they are... besides, wouldn't the 49 be going the wrong way if it ended up on Scotswood Road? Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 9:08 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I don't think they are... besides, wouldn't the 49 be going the wrong way if it ended up on Scotswood Road? Tongue

Same with the 71 (or 34) going anywhere near Worm Hill :p

Seriously though, didn't one or two of the Blaydon Racers brand go along Scotswood Road at one point?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm)andreos1 wrote Same with the 71 (or 34) going anywhere near Worm Hill :p

Seriously though, didn't one or two of the Blaydon Racers brand go along Scotswood Road at one point?

Back in the day when the 31/32 were part of the brand.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Back in the day when the 31/32 were part of the brand.

Yep, they spoilt the brand when they decided to put the 48/49/49A into the brand. The only real connection with the 'Blaydon Racers' now is the fact that they go via Blaydon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm)andreos1 wrote Same with the 71 (or 34) going anywhere near Worm Hill :p

Yes the Toonlink Services 31/32

(02 Feb 2014, 7:05 pm)Dan wrote I do.
I'm just terribly slow at uploading photos, hence delay in news and fleet list updates.

I should have them up by 8.

Or half 10.....................

See photographs here... A selection of photographs are shown below too:

[Image: 12277086736_9e5f9e5002.jpg]
[Image: 12277092326_67d510fa13.jpg]
[Image: 12276960184_3e82f06d37.jpg]
[Image: 12276967574_2eba173008.jpg]
[Image: 12277528956_3fb8b326e2.jpg]

Far too late to do the news now, so will have to settle for tomorrow night instead - only 8 days late! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 02 Feb 2014

Nice pic's Dan
Your better off doing the news tomorrow, hopefully the fleet allocation is updated tomorrow..

Someone should put the last fleet allocation in the bygone area because its the last 1 with gateshead and winlaton on.

Also put the first fleet allocation with Riverside on.

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 02 Feb 2014

Do the buses carry 'chips' to operate the lift-barriers? - or is there a human in a box?

Nice photographs BTW - give a good impression of the new site!

Thanks above! Nice to have positive comments on the photographs I upload - makes the '14 hour shifts' worth it! Wink

Indeed they have a 'chip' or card of some sort, so the barrier opens automatically. All vehicles (including ancillary) have them. Did look like the gate found the vans harder to detect though - had to go forwards and backwards a bit. Tongue

eezypeazy (I think - forgive me if it was someone else) mentioned it a few pages ago in regards to the Toon Link B7RLEs being VOR.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 11:11 pm)Dan wrote Thanks above! Nice to have positive comments on the photographs I upload - makes the '14 hour shifts' worth it! Wink

Indeed they have a 'chip' or card of some sort, so the barrier opens automatically. All vehicles (including ancillary) have them. Did look like the gate found the vans harder to detect though - had to go forwards and backwards a bit. Tongue

eezypeazy (I think - forgive me if it was someone else) mentioned it a few pages ago in regards to the Toon Link B7RLEs being VOR.

i could help ya with the news if ya want but then you could reword it just to save the stress and then you could post it on your site news section of NEB

(02 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm)Bazza Houston wrote i could help ya with the news if ya want but then you could reword it just to save the stress and then you could post it on your site news section of NEB

We have a private section on the forum where the site's mods do that. Tongue
Of course you could use the 'Submit News' feature on the news page itself if you'd like to help too! 'Tis the green tab on the news page.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 11:11 pm)Dan wrote Thanks above! Nice to have positive comments on the photographs I upload - makes the '14 hour shifts' worth it! Wink

Thought it was ANPR cameras? Not as successful as everyone thought at the Airport last summer, lost count of the amount of times I had to buzz them...!

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 02 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote Thought it was ANPR cameras? Not as successful as everyone thought at the Airport last summer, lost count of the amount of times I had to buzz them...!

ANPR would be a strange choice. It wasn't designed to offer single factor authentication, and as such, offers very little (if any) security...

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 02 Feb 2014

Have all the Ex Citylink Citaros now gone ?

Did they all go to Ensign ?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 03 Feb 2014

(02 Feb 2014, 11:58 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Have all the Ex Citylink Citaros now gone ?

Did they all go to Ensign ?

Yes and no - they were sold in part exchange for the Versas using Optare Direct.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 03 Feb 2014

Have the cobalt deckers entered service yet and the resulting cascades taken place?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 7:38 am)nk55 wrote Have the cobalt deckers entered service yet and the resulting cascades taken place?

No not yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 03 Feb 2014

5152 has just conked out whilst going round a roundabout on the 17 this morning, these sort of issues are starting to become a lot more common 3 times last week i had to change buses at Asda so a centurion B10 could go back to the depot (anyone else experienced this issue?) surely it cant be safe that these buses can conk out sometimes? Bus has to stay stationery for a couple of mins before the driver can get the engine going again

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 8:15 am)Wellsey18 wrote 5152 has just conked out whilst going round a roundabout on the 17 this morning, these sort of issues are starting to become a lot more common 3 times last week i had to change buses at Asda so a centurion B10 could go back to the depot (anyone else experienced this issue?) surely it cant be safe that these buses can conk out sometimes? Bus has to stay stationery for a couple of mins before the driver can get the engine going again

I've saw them broken down a few times, hence the huge amount of Lolynes on the service recently.

(03 Feb 2014, 8:16 am)Tom wrote I've saw them broken down a few times, hence the huge amount of Lolynes on the service recently.

well the one im on this morning seems to have a huge lack of power and the engines already conked out once, its a shame this service never got solars, and its bound to get omnicities in the future (think so)

Whats going to happen to 4911 when the new cc deckers enter service, painted red?

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 8:15 am)Wellsey18 wrote 5152 has just conked out whilst going round a roundabout on the 17 this morning, these sort of issues are starting to become a lot more common 3 times last week i had to change buses at Asda so a centurion B10 could go back to the depot (anyone else experienced this issue?) surely it cant be safe that these buses can conk out sometimes? Bus has to stay stationery for a couple of mins before the driver can get the engine going again
I was waiting to get on the 9 at North Shields last Thursday and 5155 was taken out of service due to vehicle defect resulting in a wait for 5153 to be brought from the depot. So looks like the reliability of these buses is affecting the 9 as well as the 17.

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 7:38 am)nk55 wrote Have the cobalt deckers entered service yet and the resulting cascades taken place?

(03 Feb 2014, 7:48 am)Michael wrote No not yet.
Yis they are, at least three B9s in service today I'm told.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 11:20 am)mattdw92 wrote Yis they are, at least three B9s in service today I'm told.

Ah cool....

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 03 Feb 2014

Fleet list been updated. Looks like 5204 now part of laser. Doesn't show 5210 being transferred to Hexham though

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 11:59 am)JP6004 wrote Fleet list been updated. Looks like 5204 now part of laser. Doesn't show 5210 being transferred to Hexham though

5204 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint.