North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm)Marcus wrote I remember it - it was me who asked about Lime quarries, then Andreos did say something but I forget now, then Gary Mitchellhill confirmed it. I think they were over in Durham.

(07 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Someone did mention it was named after the limestone quarries up towards Consett - I just pointed out there was no limestone anywhere on the route apart from the section east of Chester (you can see it at various points along the River Wear).

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=475&page=641

(07 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)aureolin wrote Pelton way I believe.

Ah right, ta for jogging my memory guys! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)aureolin wrote Pelton way I believe.

Yeah, just looked back to the post.

It was up Consett way, in between there and Durham. Possibly Lanchester?

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm)Marcus wrote I remember it - it was me who asked about Lime quarries, then Andreos did say something but I forget now, then Gary Mitchellhill confirmed it. I think they were over in Durham.

All be it fine. But, if you went up to a random person and asked them this question, they probably wont have a clue. Its not like the Angel or Diamond that isnt very discrete to work out where the brand name comes from (although with the Diamond, the name has been brought from the past so most people wont know). I know if i got asked this i would never be able to say it comes from a quarry.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm)V514DFT wrote This may sound stupid but the only thing i can think of regarding the name lime is when they used lime light in the coal mines,thats all i can really think of

The GNE Lime Brand came from the old Lime works (cant remember if it was in Stanley area or consett area, GNE did mention which area it was when their first branded the Lime service).

I would of thought GNE would of mentioned where their get the brand from in their dedicated section under the brands.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 07 Jul 2014

Solar 4961 has been covering on the 4 today, and I've noticed the destination display at the front and rear doesn't display correctly. On the front, the number is crunched up and you can't really make out that it's a 4. On the rear, it looks like the top and bottom of the text has been cropped, but the number displays as it should on the front.

I've also noticed that 5325 still displays internal branding for the Red Arrows. In excess of two years after transferring to Silver Arrows duties.

General question about the Citaros on the 4. Are they air conditioned? As the windows haven't ever been locked?

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:30 pm)Robert wrote All be it fine. But, if you went up to a random person and asked them this question, they probably wont have a clue. Its not like the Angel or Diamond that isnt very discrete to work out where the brand name comes from (although with the Diamond, the name has been brought from the past so most people wont know). I know if i got asked this i would never be able to say it comes from a quarry.

Perhaps some of the old folk would? A lot of people who have lived in an area for years always catch up on it's history - no doubt if you asked an old poppet on the 78 - 'ooh, my father used to work in a lime quarry!' Would be your answer.

Seeing as it's also known as the 'Lime Cycle' and the area has had a past with lime quarries, and the scientific term for the life cycle of Lime is the 'Lime Cycle', perhaps that would have something to do with it?

(07 Jul 2014, 3:30 pm)cbma06 wrote The GNE Lime Brand came from the old Lime works (cant remember if it was in Stanley area or consett area, GNE did mention which area it was when their first branded the Lime service).

I would of thought GNE would of mentioned where their get the brand from in their dedicated section under the brands.

I've always wanted that to be standard on the brand pages (where appropriate) because there are a few which mention where the brand name comes from, such as the Blaydon Racers and Crusader.

Obviously some brands such as "Citylink", "TEN" or "South Tyne" could not be explained, but it'd be nice if those that could had a little write-up similar to the likes of the aforementioned examples.

(07 Jul 2014, 3:35 pm)aureolin wrote Solar 4961 has been covering on the 4 today, and I've noticed the destination display at the front and rear doesn't display correctly. On the front, the number is crunched up and you can't really make out that it's a 4. On the rear, it looks like the top and bottom of the text has been cropped, but the number displays as it should on the front.

I've also noticed that 5325 still displays internal branding for the Red Arrows. In excess of two years after transferring to Silver Arrows duties.

General question about the Citaros on the 4. Are they air conditioned? As the windows haven't ever been locked?

I don't think they're locked on any Citaros now - the air conditioning only works when the vehicle is stationary.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm)Dan wrote I don't think they're locked on any Citaros now - the air conditioning only works when the vehicle is stationary.

Is that standard across all Citaros?

(07 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm)aureolin wrote Is that standard across all Citaros?

Nowadays it is.

I think it must be as a result of constant complaints about the air conditioning on the Mercs and windows being locked.

I know that all the windows used to be locked, but now they're kept unlocked for people to open. As such, the air conditioning doesn't work whilst the vehicle is in motion - it has to be stationary for it to work.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 3:35 pm)Marcus wrote Perhaps some of the old folk would? A lot of people who have lived in an area for years always catch up on it's history - no doubt if you asked an old poppet on the 78 - 'ooh, my father used to work in a lime quarry!' Would be your answer.

Seeing as it's also known as the 'Lime Cycle' and the area has had a past with lime quarries, and the scientific term for the life cycle of Lime is the 'Lime Cycle', perhaps that would have something to do with it?

I suppose really, the brand only matters to Go North East. For all the general public care, a bus is a bus and as long as it gets them to where they want to go then thats fine. It really is a shame that the brand only allows the older generation of people to know what the connection is with the local area and the Lime brand. It would make a difference if the service was rebranded (even if it related to the service numbers rather than the local area like Fab Fifty Six/Seven) where people could easily work out the relation.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 4:19 pm)Robert wrote I suppose really, the brand only matters to Go North East. For all the general public care, a bus is a bus and as long as it gets them to where they want to go then thats fine. It really is a shame that the brand only allows the older generation of people to know what the connection is with the local area and the Lime brand. It would make a difference if the service was rebranded (even if it related to the service numbers rather than the local area like Fab Fifty Six/Seven) where people could easily work out the relation.

They should renumber it 6 and 7 and call the brand at 6's and 7's...

GNE are at 6's and 7's at times

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 07 Jul 2014

Having searched google, all i can come up with for the " LIME " brand is the old stanhope to the coast railway path was built to ferry materials between the lime kilns in weardale & east castle ( nr greencroft ) to the coast ( sunderland ). The 78 follows as close as possible the old railway line from consett to stanley and lambton lion park to sunderland. The 8 follows as close as possible from stanley to waterview park and hastings hill to sunderland.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm)nk55 wrote Having searched google, all i can come up with for the " LIME " brand is the old stanhope to the coast railway path was built to ferry materials between the lime kilns in weardale & east castle ( nr greencroft ) to the coast ( sunderland ). The 78 follows as close as possible the old railway line from consett to stanley and lambton lion park to sunderland. The 8 follows as close as possible from stanley to waterview park and hastings hill to sunderland.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16182218@N08/sets/72157626381759462/
Photos of the kilns.

http://dre.durham.gov.uk/pgDre.aspx?&SEARCH=By+Keyword&TERM=Lime+kilns
List of kilns in Co Durham.

For what is a massive route, it seems strange to have named it after a tiny portion of the route.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 07 Jul 2014

I almost feel like playing Antonín Dvořák (Hovis dears...)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 07 Jul 2014

How about this for the new lime 8/78/78a

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 07 Jul 2014

I think they should bring back the Derwent Ranger brand to replace the lime brand. Buses should be light blue, with various Green Hills rising up to the rear of the vehicle. And for the route branding, Sunderland should be at the front of the bus, and Consett should be at the rear of the bus as thats where it's up in the hills.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 07 Jul 2014

(07 Jul 2014, 10:23 pm)Acky81 wrote How about this for the new lime 8/78/78a

That looks good

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 08 Jul 2014

Go North East
2 mins ·
Service #27 is unable to serve Bede Estate due to flooding at Tyne Dock

Oh dear, a bit of rain

6008 sounds terrible

3980 has a hissing sound..d which sounds terrible

The lime branded bus which has just passed me on chester road, heading towards the Grindon Mill... sounds really bad, squeling, screeching... hopefully it makes it to chester le street

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 9:57 am)Michael wrote 6008 sounds terrible

3980 has a hissing sound..d which sounds terrible

6008 on 29

(08 Jul 2014, 1:53 pm)Acky81 wrote 6008 on 29

Thanks, i wasn't sure which service it was on as it left park lane. =)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 1:56 pm)Michael wrote Thanks, i wasn't sure which service it was on as it left park lane. =)
Spotted it at morrisons earlier

Go North East need to look at their brand tabs and update them

Here is all the mistakes i can find:

Blaydon Racers buses 49, 49A, 49B and 49C provide frequent buses to Metrocentre and Gateshead Interchange. There is a bus up to every 10 minutes from Winlaton / Blaydon to Metrocentre and Gateshead. - 49A doesn't run no more.
------
Cobalt Connect is a fast and frequent bus service running up to every 15 mins Monday to Friday daytimes, serving Cobalt Business Park, Silverlink Shopping Park, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate and Royal Quays. - Runs every 30 mins between North Shields Ferry and Northumberland Park Metro then hourly to Ashington
---------
Laser 35 buses run every 10 minutes between South Shields, Sunderland, Sunderland Royal Hospital and Houghton-le-Spring on Monday to Saturday daytimes. Buses will then run to Rainton Bridge, offering a more frequent ten-minute all-day service to the business park and a new direct link with Sunderland City Centre. - Info about the brand does not include 35A/B or C - the timetable box only has the 35 on
-------------
Night buses do not include price info for the FAB 56 between Sunderland and Newcastle.
-----------
Prince Bishops only has info on the 20 and not the 20A.
---------------
Pulse tab still included.
----------------
Silver arrows run every 10 mins between Sunderland and Hastings Hill
---
South Tyne 5 needs to be removed from the south tyne tab
----
Wear Tee's XPRESS still shows the B10 branded bus.
-----
Whey aye five-0 shows a scania branded buses.
-----------

Can anyone else find any mistakes.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm)Michael wrote Info about the brand does not include 35A/B or C - the timetable box only has the 35 on

I think that they have done this on purpose but i cant think of a reason why. Also talking of mistakes:

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/ten - only have services 10/10A in the service box and since when has the 11A been part of the 'TEN' brand?

(08 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm)Robert wrote I think that they have done this on purpose but i cant think of a reason why. Also talking of mistakes:

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/ten - only have services 10/10A in the service box and since when has the 11A been part of the 'TEN' brand?

Well that's daft, they should at least mention it.

I never even noticed the TEN ones.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm)Michael wrote Well that's daft, they should at least mention it.

I never even noticed the TEN ones.

I know what you mean, i was just thinking that because there are 4 services they may just put the points where the 4 services serve rather than putting them into 4 separate boxes, like the TEN services for example.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 08 Jul 2014

Pronto page has a picture of a President with the X20.

RE: Go North East - Latest - park5354 - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm)Michael wrote Go North East need to look at their brand tabs and update them

Here is all the mistakes
-----------

-----------

Can anyone else find any mistakes.

TOONLINK

Still shows 11 as running to Prudhoe, instaed of Blackhall Mill.

Blaydon Racer Buses are Euro 5 not 2 as shown
Cobalt Clipper Buses are Euro 5 not 4 as shown
Cobalt Connect Buses are Euro 4 not 3 as shown
Crusader Buses are Euro 5 not 2 as shown
Lambton Worm Buses are Euro 4 not 4 as shown
Saltwell Park Buses are Euro 5 not 4 as shown
Waggonway Buses are Euro 3 not 2 as shown
TyneTeesXpress Buses are Euro 5 not 4 as shown
Venture Buses are Wuro 5 not 3 as shown
WeatTeesXpress Buses are Euro 5 not 3 as shown
Whey-aye 5-0 Buses are Euro 4 not 2 as shown

Drifter, Fast Cats, North Tyne Links, Ok Way do not have the SDM named.

South Tyne needs service 5 removed, and the correct Washington Depot
SDM shown, Not the SDM for service 5.

Pulse tab needs removing.

An extra tab needed for Go North East services, with a link to each service timetable, route map and SDM for each service.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 08 Jul 2014

Are the actual timetables in the links mentioned correct?

Because to be brutally honest Joe Public couldn't give a hoot if a bus is Euro 3 or 300, the wrong template shape or the odd shade of green