North East Buses
PCL Travel - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: PCL Travel (/showthread.php?tid=876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 10 Oct 2016

(10 Oct 2016, 3:51 pm)Jimmi wrote The 79 is a joke and I don't quite understand the circumstances as to why it is how it is. The S1 has been okay the two times I've used it although the Volvo B6BLE/Wright Crusader sounds rough and is pretty slow on the A1. I disagree with the use of Ford Transit's though, especially as they aren't exactly noticeable that they are operating a public bus service.

Going to hazard a guess that the Primo will do the 15/16 although I dread to think what will be used when the Primo is off?

That what I was thinking and there don't even have a proper website, twitter facebook or anything! Not great if there services are unable to operate considering how infrequent they run!

RE: PCL Travel - Charles41 - 11 Oct 2016

(10 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm)Tom wrote That what I was thinking and there don't even have a proper website, twitter facebook or anything! Not great if there services are unable to operate considering how infrequent they run!

Given PCL's garage is in Ryton, there is going to be alot of dead mileage travelling back and forth every day. Unless of course they keep Spirit's premises at Rothbury.

My experience of 79 can only be described as dire. Hope they do a good job of keeping Spirit's legacy alive.

Charles

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 11 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 12:22 pm)Charles41 wrote Given PCL's garage is in Ryton, there is going to be alot of dead mileage travelling back and forth every day. Unless of course they keep Spirit's premises at Rothbury.

My experience of 79 can only be described as dire. Hope they do a good job of keeping Spirit's legacy alive.

Charles

Yeah it is a canny way but then again they do operate the 808 from Otterburn/Bellingham which is nearly as far. If the rumors are true they are taking over the R3/4/6 they really need a proper website/facebook page etc. to keep passengers updated. And get the ''Rural Link'' text a bit better for the branding as it is a bit crap.

RE: PCL Travel - Andreos1 - 11 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it is a canny way but then again they do operate the 808 from Otterburn/Bellingham which is nearly as far. If the rumors are true they are taking over the R3/4/6
they really need a proper website/facebook page etc. to keep passengers updated. And get the ''Rural Link'' text a bit better for the branding as it is a bit crap.

I think the difference between say PCL and Spirit, is that Steve understood the importance of social media and used it to his advantage.
After all, it was how I found out about the company and started the thread on here.

To use a phrase that has been used on the forum before, maybe the guys at PCL are 'old school busmen' and know how to get a vehicle on the road. Maybe they don't understand the need for say a twitter feed or the need to have a fleet that is used as a marketing device.
That isn't meant to be disparaging by any means, as they clearly have strengths in other areas.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 11 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote I think the difference between say PCL and Spirit, is that Steve understood the importance of social media and used it to his advantage.
After all, it was how I found out about the company and started the thread on here.

To use a phrase that has been used on the forum before, maybe the guys at PCL are 'old school busmen' and know how to get a vehicle on the road. Maybe they don't understand the need for say a twitter feed or the need to have a fleet that is used as a marketing device.
That isn't meant to be disparaging by any means, as they clearly have strengths in other areas.

There is much bigger independents around than PCL Travel that don't have any form of social media, Scarlet Band's have a fair sized operation in Co. Durham, Darlington and Hartlepool and they don't have a Facebook or Twitter although they do have a website showing timetables but the home page could do with showing more timetables.

I personally feel it's better for companies to have some social media presence, even if it's just to advise passengers things such as diversions.

RE: PCL Travel - jaimzm - 18 Oct 2016

Volvo B6BLE is on ebay for sale

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 19 Oct 2016

PCL are also operating two services per day between Morpeth and Thropton to improve connections to the Coquetdale services - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/News/2016/Oct/Coquetdale-Bus-Service-Saved.aspx

RE: PCL Travel - NK53 TKT - 19 Oct 2016

http://www.pcltravel.net/ 

The image on the top left is faked I believe......

RE: PCL Travel - Y935 ERG - 19 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 6:43 pm)NK53 TKT wrote http://www.pcltravel.net/ 

99.9% sure it's a photoshop of the X66.

RE: PCL Travel - S813 FVK - 19 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 6:43 pm)NK53 TKT wrote http://www.pcltravel.net/ 

Bit late with that one haha  Tongue

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=876&pid=179257#pid179257

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 20 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm)Y935 ERG wrote 99.9% sure it's a photoshop of the X66.

Nar they've started operating the 882 with artics and running it via MetroCentre and Gateshead :p

RE: PCL Travel - jaimzm - 21 Oct 2016

(20 Oct 2016, 8:15 am)GX03 SVC wrote Nar they've started operating the 882 with artics and running it via MetroCentre and Gateshead :p

That photo belong to someone on Flickr it was photoshop

RE: PCL Travel - South Tyne Lad - 21 Oct 2016

(21 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm)jaimzm wrote That photo belong to someone on Flickr it was photoshop

The said persons Flickr is full of these Photoshopped image's, He's good at them too.

RE: PCL Travel - GuyParkRoyal - 28 Oct 2016

Looks like the elusive 79 is to be withdrawn.

Cancellations of Existing Services Granted Under Short
Notice

PB1069957/4 PETER IAN COWELL T/A PCL TRAVEL, 43 CAMERON ROAD
PRUDHOE NE42 5AJ
Operating between Morpeth and Morpeth given service number 79 effective from
07-Nov-2016.

RE: PCL Travel - Buses98 - 30 Oct 2016

when does the two morpeth runs to thropton begin

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 30 Oct 2016

(30 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm)Buses98 wrote when does the two morpeth runs to thropton begin
They commence operation of the 15/16 from Monday 7th November. Timetables can be found here: https://bustimes.org.uk/operators/PCLT

Can't find any info on the Morpeth - Thropton service though.

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 30 Oct 2016

The X14 starts from the same date, presumably filling in two of the three withdrawn Arriva journeys.

RE: PCL Travel - Buses98 - 30 Oct 2016

(30 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm)GX03 SVC wrote The X14 starts from the same date, presumably filling in two of the three withdrawn Arriva journeys.

thank you for the info

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 31 Oct 2016

(30 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm)GX03 SVC wrote The X14 starts from the same date, presumably filling in two of the three withdrawn Arriva journeys.
Yep, Morpeth service starts on November 7th. It will be numbered as M1.

PB1069957/17 - PETER IAN COWELL T/A PCL TRAVEL, 43 CAMERON ROAD, PRUDHOE, NE42 5AJ

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Morpeth
Finish Point: Thropton
Via:
Service Number: M1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 07-NOV-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PCL Travel - Jimmi - 31 Oct 2016

Timetable for the M1 Morpeth - Thropton service is now online on Nexus' website: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/M001-PCL-071116.pdf

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 31 Oct 2016

(31 Oct 2016, 5:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Timetable for the M1 Morpeth - Thropton service is now online on Nexus' website: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/M001-PCL-071116.pdf

Maybe why the 79 has been withdrawn then?

RE: PCL Travel - thetravelman - 31 Oct 2016

(31 Oct 2016, 3:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Yep, Morpeth service starts on November 7th. It will be numbered as M1.

PB1069957/17 - PETER IAN COWELL T/A PCL TRAVEL, 43 CAMERON ROAD, PRUDHOE, NE42 5AJ

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Morpeth
Finish Point: Thropton
Via:
Service Number: M1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 07-NOV-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

I wonder what vehicles they will use for this and the 15/16 routes.

Good luck to them, however it's a shame that Spirit couldn't make it work.

Apart from the obvious that Spirit used a very modern newish bus, of which probably cost lots of money to buy or lease, whereas PCL Travel buses tend to be older vehicles, I wonder how PCL will make ends meet. It will interesting to see/understand the difference in the operating costs. Also PCL have the added lost mileage travelling up from their depot near Ryton. Unless of course they intend to keep a vehicle up in the Rothbury area.

RE: PCL Travel - Charles41 - 01 Nov 2016

The M1 timetable looks quite innovative, incorporating a through service from Morpeth to Rothbury via Netherwitton and Scots Gap. Interestingly enough Tower Transit tried this strategy in the early 1980s.

I'll definitely try out the Netherwitton route.

Charles

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 01 Nov 2016

(31 Oct 2016, 8:22 pm)thetravelman wrote I wonder what vehicles they will use for this and the 15/16 routes.

Good luck to them, however it's a shame that Spirit couldn't make it work.

Apart from the obvious that Spirit used a very modern newish bus, of which probably cost lots of money to buy or lease, whereas PCL Travel buses tend to be older vehicles, I wonder how PCL will make ends meet. It will interesting to see/understand the difference in the operating costs. Also PCL have the added lost mileage travelling up from their depot near Ryton. Unless of course they intend to keep a vehicle up in the Rothbury area.

At an educated guess I'd say it will be the Primo for the M1 and one of the Darts on 15/16. I'll be in Rothbury to photograph both services on the first day.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 2:23 pm)Cobalt271 wrote At an educated guess I'd say it will be the Primo for the M1 and one of the Darts on 15/16. I'll be in Rothbury to photograph both services on the first day.

Not sure what they'll do on a Tuesday when there should be a Dart on the 885, S1 should be the branded Dart, then you need a bus for the 15/16 and another for the M1, unless more buses have been acquired that we don't know about. Think I'm going to do Tuesday and have a ride on the 15/16 then get the M1 to Morpeth.

RE: PCL Travel - Buses98 - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 6:23 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure what they'll do on a Tuesday when there should be a Dart on the 885, S1 should be the branded Dart, then you need a bus for the 15/16 and another for the M1, unless more buses have been acquired that we don't know about. Think I'm going to do Tuesday and have a ride on the 15/16 then get the M1 to Morpeth.

don't know if it is true or not but the driver of the S1 yesterday (31/10/16) said that MX14 FUG is due to go to PCL. there should be another dart due soon from ensign

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 01 Nov 2016

PCL Travel have acquired LDV MH06 WCU from The Eden.

Info from Stu Gray, Busesnortheast on Facebook.

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 02 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 10:47 pm)Buses98 wrote don't know if it is true or not but the driver of the S1 yesterday (31/10/16) said that MX14 FUG is due to go to PCL. there should be another dart due soon from ensign

That will not happen, Spirit do not own MX14FUG so they are not free to just sell it on.

RE: PCL Travel - Buses98 - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 1:02 am)Cobalt271 wrote That will not happen, Spirit do not own MX14FUG so they are not free to just sell it on.

thank you for clarifying that so from now on I am not listening to drivers

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 02 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 2:23 pm)Cobalt271 wrote At an educated guess I'd say it will be the Primo for the M1 and one of the Darts on 15/16. I'll be in Rothbury to photograph both services on the first day.

I thought that it would be the Primo on the 15/16 and a Dart on the M1?