North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1252)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm)Dan wrote 5204 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint.

Is it going in to gold or is it a mistake on the fleet alocation?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 11:20 am)mattdw92 wrote Yis they are, at least three B9s in service today I'm told.

I understand 6103, 6106 and 6111 have all entered service.

Despite this, no cascades have yet moved.

(03 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm)Michael wrote Is it going in to gold or is it a mistake on the fleet alocation?

As far as I know, it is going red - I have not heard anything about 5204 for quite some time though.

If it is going gold, I think it will replace 5298 to Winlaton for the Blaydon Racers.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 1:25 pm)Dan wrote As far as I know, it is going red - I have not heard anything about 5204 for quite some time though.

If it is going gold, I think it will replace 5298 to Winlaton for the Blaydon Racers.

Winlaton? Keep up Dan!

(03 Feb 2014, 1:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote Winlaton? Keep up Dan!

Haha, oops!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Simm101 - 03 Feb 2014

Had a nice ride on 6111 with working wifi Wink.

RE: Go North East - Latest - ... - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 1:25 pm)Dan wrote As far as I know, it is going red - I have not heard anything about 5204 for quite some time though.

Could it not just be as a branded spare? If it is getting painted gold. A PVR of 18 is quite high not to have any branded spares!

(03 Feb 2014, 2:02 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Could it not just be as a branded spare? If it is getting painted gold. A PVR of 18 is quite high not to have any branded spares!

I know a Laser was originally planned to go to Winlaton /Riverside when the former Cobalt Clipper Mercs were planned to go to Crook for the X21...

I don't think the Laser would gain a branded spare if the vehicles are due to be repainted in 8 months.

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 6:49 am)Dan wrote Yes and no - they were sold in part exchange for the Versas using Optare Direct.

Any idea what they do with them from that point, resell them or something else ?

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm)Dan wrote I know a Laser was originally planned to go to Winlaton /Riverside when the former Cobalt Clipper Mercs were planned to go to Crook for the X21...

I don't think the Laser would gain a branded spare if the vehicles are due to be repainted in 8 months.

Laser citaros were repainted 2012/2013

Well thats daft when the blaydon racers can have 1 if the cobalt clipper.. if that happens of course

RE: Go North East - Latest - morritt89 - 03 Feb 2014

I have a quick question in relation to 3941-3943. When these were new to the X10 they had some sort of passenger radio system. Is this still fitted to them?

Also the 'Fast Cats' brand - the current branded vehicles carry advertising above the windows for the X35. Does anyone know if this will remain/be updated to include X36 route information in due course? The illustrations on the timetables just show 'Fast Cats' branding and no places served info.

Thanks =]

(03 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm)Michael wrote Well thats daft when the blaydon racers can have 1 if the cobalt clipper.. if that happens of course

Indeed - we know how fluidly plans change, so if it turns out that all Cobalt Clipper Mercs are required to cascade, then a Laser Merc will be required as thay is currently a split allocation of Mercs and Solars (hence 5204 replacing it).

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 7:38 am)nk55 wrote Have the cobalt deckers entered service yet and the resulting cascades taken place?

only 3 is out 6103/6106/6111 photos are in the process of being uploaded now

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 3:40 pm)Bazza Houston wrote only 3 is out 6103/6106/6111 photos are in the process of being uploaded now

Think i'll wait a Week or 2 until there all in Service, I'm in no hurry to go out and Photograph them.

(03 Feb 2014, 3:38 pm)Dan wrote Indeed - we know how fluidly plans change, so if it turns out that all Cobalt Clipper Mercs are required to cascade, then a Laser Merc will be required as thay is currently a split allocation of Mercs and Solars (hence 5204 replacing it).

But as you said in an earlier post, if the Laser vehicles are getting replaced in a few months- why waste money painting 5204 up? Anyway the Crusader only has 14 mercs for a PVR of 15, so i wouldnt be surprised if the same went for the blaydon racers

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm)Dan wrote 5204 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint.

I'd think it's likely it should be a branded spare as there's always about 4 red vehicles on the 35's, a cadet and solar on today I've seen. It would never need see use of route and as is pointed out 18 is a high PVR to have no branded spares. It seems like a daft decision to replace a citaro with a solar on laser at the moment. Although plans change, it has be strongly suggested by GNE representatives on here that a Cobalt Clipper will make their way to Blaydon Racers, but we'll see.
If we say for arguments sake that is a Laser Citaro is going to Blaydon Racers, it would then seem that cobalt clipper citaros are required somewhere else, I believe the only PVR of 7 is Pronto and this has been ruled out it seems. We also have had strongly suggested hints that some, presumably 4, are going to WTX. Where else could these end up though? Only place I thought was maybe could the 5 newest go to Fab57? Or West Durham Swift with two laser joining them there too? However, I think WTX needs new vehicles Pronto!

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 4:02 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I think WTX needs new vehicles Pronto!

I'm going to stop and give a brief round of applause for that line.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 03 Feb 2014

Isnt it amazing how rumours change for a single subject.
First it was said Citaros from the Cobalt Clipper.
Then it was said this wasn't happening and that 1 would onto the Blaydon Racers.
And now a Laser citaro is going there!
So unsettled Tongue

But, taking all things into consideration, I personally think it will be a spare, and a Cobalt Clipper citaro will join the Blaydon Racers family.

(03 Feb 2014, 3:33 pm)morritt89 wrote Also the 'Fast Cats' brand - the current branded vehicles carry advertising above the windows for the X35. Does anyone know if this will remain/be updated to include X36 route information in due course? The illustrations on the timetables just show 'Fast Cats' branding and no places served info.

Thanks =]

It should be updated accordingly, yes.

(03 Feb 2014, 4:01 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote But as you said in an earlier post, if the Laser vehicles are getting replaced in a few months- why waste money painting 5204 up? Anyway the Crusader only has 14 mercs for a PVR of 15, so i wouldnt be surprised if the same went for the blaydon racers

The money would only be 'wasted' if you were painting a vehicle to be a branded spare rather than as a 'red spare' (Solars are meant to be taking a 'spare role' in the fleet from now) or indeed to make sure you have enough branded vehicles to make up the PVR.
The PVR of the Crusader is 14, not 15. There are 14 vehicles branded. Not too sure where you're getting your figures from!
The Blaydon Racers will receive a Merc - how, we don't know. While the latest plan I am aware of suggests that the Blaydon Racers will receive a former Cobalt Clipper Merc, it is entirely possible that the original plan for a Laser Merc to be transferred will go ahead instead.

(03 Feb 2014, 4:02 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I'd think it's likely it should be a branded spare as there's always about 4 red vehicles on the 35's, a cadet and solar on today I've seen. It would never need see use of route and as is pointed out 18 is a high PVR to have no branded spares. It seems like a daft decision to replace a citaro with a solar on laser at the moment. Although plans change, it has be strongly suggested by GNE representatives on here that a Cobalt Clipper will make their way to Blaydon Racers, but we'll see.
If we say for arguments sake that is a Laser Citaro is going to Blaydon Racers, it would then seem that cobalt clipper citaros are required somewhere else, I believe the only PVR of 7 is Pronto and this has been ruled out it seems. We also have had strongly suggested hints that some, presumably 4, are going to WTX. Where else could these end up though? Only place I thought was maybe could the 5 newest go to Fab57? Or West Durham Swift with two laser joining them there too? However, I think WTX needs new vehicles Pronto!

While I am in no way suggesting that the former "Cobalt Clipper" branded Mercs are to go anywhere else other than the Blaydon Racers/Wear Tees Xpress as I and others have previously alluded to, there is plenty of scope for plans to change - as we all know.

If the Blaydon Racers was not to receive the vehicle from the Cobalt Clipper, the Laser is the only other option (given that it currently has a split allocation anyway). It wouldn't be 'daft' of Go North East to replace the branded Merc for a branded Solar, if the vehicle was available.

(03 Feb 2014, 4:28 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Isnt it amazing how rumours change for a single subject.
First it was said Citaros from the Cobalt Clipper.
Then it was said this wasn't happening and that 1 would onto the Blaydon Racers.
And now a Laser citaro is going there!
So unsettled Tongue

Haha, keeps us on our toes!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 03 Feb 2014

I'M ON 6103 NOW!!! Smile

(03 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm)Dan wrote It should be updated accordingly, yes.

The money would only be 'wasted' if you were painting a vehicle to be a branded spare rather than as a 'red spare' (Solars are meant to be taking a 'spare role' in the fleet from now) or indeed to make sure you have enough branded vehicles to make up the PVR.
The PVR of the Crusader is 14, not 15. There are 14 vehicles branded. Not too sure where you're getting your figures from!
The Blaydon Racers will receive a Merc - how, we don't know. While the latest plan I am aware of suggests that the Blaydon Racers will receive a former Cobalt Clipper Merc, it is entirely possible that the original plan for a Laser Merc to be transferred will go ahead instead.

While I am in no way suggesting that the former "Cobalt Clipper" branded Mercs are to go anywhere else other than the Blaydon Racers/Wear Tees Xpress as I and others have previously alluded to, there is plenty of scope for plans to change - as we all know.

If the Blaydon Racers was not to receive the vehicle from the Cobalt Clipper, the Laser is the only other option (given that it currently has a split allocation anyway). It wouldn't be 'daft' of Go North East to replace the branded Merc for a branded Solar, if the vehicle was available.

Haha, keeps us on our toes!

I was under the impression that an extra bus had been added to the PVR to help improve the reliability of the service some time ago and with the original PVR of 14+1=15, i agree that was some time ago but ive got better things to do with my time than to work PVRs out after a timetable change-they happen far too often to keep up with them!

(03 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote I was under the impression that an extra bus had been added to the PVR to help improve the reliability of the service some time ago and with the original PVR of 14+1=15, i agree that was some time ago but ive got better things to do with my time than to work PVRs out after a timetable change-they happen far too often to keep up with them!

An additional bus was not added - times just altered slightly.
I remember the discussion on here at the time which suggested there had been an additional bus added, but it was incorrect. The PVR is 14.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote I'M ON 6103 NOW!!! Smile

How was is Davey????

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 5:20 pm)Dan wrote An additional bus was not added - times just altered slightly.
I remember the discussion on here at the time which suggested there had been an additional bus added, but it was incorrect. The PVR is 14.

Correct me if I am wrong, But didn't Citaro5284 say that 5331 would get a fresh coat of Silver and go on the Crusader 27, while 5332 would be painted Red for Blaydon Racers, Or something along the lines of that a few pages back. Which would lead to 5333-5336 going onto the X7, And 5337/8 going into a Spare Role. To be honest this the first time I Read/Heard of a Laser Citaro Moving over to the Blaydon Racers.

(03 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Correct me if I am wrong, But didn't Citaro5284 say that 5331 would get a fresh coat of Silver and go on the Crusader 27, while 5332 would be painted Red for Blaydon Racers, Or something along the lines of that a few pages back. Which would lead to 5333-5336 going onto the X7, And 5337/8 going into a Spare Role. To be honest this the first time I Read/Heard of a Laser Citaro Moving over to the Blaydon Racers.

It was not citaro5284 - park[insert four numbers here] said that, to my memory.

In regards to you not knowing about the Laser going to the Blaydon Racers - it wasn't a widely publicised plan, and I think details of that movement were not alluded to on NEB.

(03 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Correct me if I am wrong, But didn't Citaro5284 say that 5331 would get a fresh coat of Silver and go on the Crusader 27, while 5332 would be painted Red for Blaydon Racers, Or something along the lines of that a few pages back. Which would lead to 5333-5336 going onto the X7, And 5337/8 going into a Spare Role. To be honest this the first time I Read/Heard of a Laser Citaro Moving over to the Blaydon Racers.

Maybe our friendly Citaro could give us a answer on a laser citaro moving to the Blaydon racers?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 03 Feb 2014

I agree Adam. What will probably happen is 5337 and 5338 transfer to Deptford, with one in Go North East colours, and other in ''Laser'' livery. Then 5335 will go in ''Crusader'' livery, 5336 in ''Blaydon Racers'' livery, with 5331/32/33/34 heading to Peterlee for the ''Wear Tees Expres'' services. Smile

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 03 Feb 2014

I think we're going to have to make a PVR chart for all of the services so that people know what's going on? Haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 03 Feb 2014

(03 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Correct me if I am wrong, But didn't Citaro5284 say that 5331 would get a fresh coat of Silver and go on the Crusader 27

Not guilty Tongue