North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 12 May 2013

(12 May 2013, 2:57 pm)Andreos1 wrote There was supposed to be a depot built on Drum Ind Est for Chester and Stanley, not sure if Washington were ever involved.

The building apparently built for the depot, is standing empty and has been for quite a few years now.

Washington could go into the site at Drum, but then surely the Newcastle services that Stanley operate would not operate from Birtley (too much dead mileage and they could go into the new Riverside Depot Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 12 May 2013

To be honest, with the new houses and school being built at Stanley, I would have thought this would have been an ideal time to sell the depot there.
Saying that, any spotters at the school will have prime views over the depot wall!

RE: Go North East - Adrian - 12 May 2013

(12 May 2013, 2:47 pm)Daniel wrote The text on the bottom is a little ironic, given that you can't buy returns on Night Buses... Rolleyes

EDIT: Go North East's website also states that the single fare between Newcastle and Washington is £3.50, not £4.00 - hmm... Undecided

It is misleading, but there again, where your active travel product is listed on the Key's website, it states: "(includes Night Services running to 2am the following morning, if applicable to your travel product)"

RE: Go North East - Dan - 12 May 2013

(12 May 2013, 3:21 pm)aureolin wrote
(12 May 2013, 2:47 pm)Daniel wrote The text on the bottom is a little ironic, given that you can't buy returns on Night Buses... Rolleyes

EDIT: Go North East's website also states that the single fare between Newcastle and Washington is £3.50, not £4.00 - hmm... Undecided

It is misleading, but there again, where your active travel product is listed on the Key's website, it states: "(includes Night Services running to 2am the following morning, if applicable to your travel product)"

I've always wondered if it is actually applicable to the travel products I have purchased in the past though (Get Around day tickets)... It's not like it's stated?

EDIT: Nevermind... Terms and Conditions do state that they're not valid.

"Get Around tickets are valid across the region on the Go North East network but are not valid on our night bus services which run overnight and have an “N” in front of their service number."

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 12 May 2013

(12 May 2013, 3:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote To be honest, with the new houses and school being built at Stanley, I would have thought this would have been an ideal time to sell the depot there.
Saying that, any spotters at the school will have prime views over the depot wall!

I was thinking once the new depot opens have half the Diamond/Red Kite buses move to the Riverside Depot, so basically like what Chester le Street/Stanley do with the Lime Renowns, then have the Pronto/OK WAY/OK Expressway move into Stanley Depot.

If it was me and site mentioned is free and no-one is using it, i'd take advantage of it. There is a big bit of land in Birtley not far from where the Ford Van Dealership is and all that has is a little park on it as an alternative. But I doubt GNE would want to folk out on building another new depot.

RE: Go North East - Venturego - 12 May 2013

(12 May 2013, 3:46 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(12 May 2013, 3:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote To be honest, with the new houses and school being built at Stanley, I would have thought this would have been an ideal time to sell the depot there.

I was thinking once the new depot opens have half the Diamond/Red Kite buses move to the Riverside Depot, so basically like what Chester le Street/Stanley do with the Lime Renowns, then have the Pronto/OK WAY/OK Expressway move into Stanley Depot.

If it was me and site mentioned is free and no-one is using it, i'd take advantage of it. There is a big bit of land in Birtley not far from where the Ford Van Dealership is and all that has is a little park on it as an alternative. But I doubt GNE would want to folk out on building another new depot.

The Depot at Birtley has already been built on Drum Industrial Estate (Visible from the main Chester to Stanley Road at the side of Batleys cash & Carry) - I understand, as previous post above, this was built to replace Stanley, Chester-le-Street & Washington - Don't know why it remains unoccupied and possibly now To Let/For Sale - Something must have gone wrong late in the proceedings. I would have though Stanley & Chester-le Street Depot sites especially could be valuable plots for residential buidings (Houses or managed Flats?)

RE: Go North East - Michael - 12 May 2013

When the new metrocentre depot opens wonder if we will see a shuffle in services which will operate from thier?

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 12 May 2013

It would never happen due to Deptford being reasonably new, but it would have made more sense Washington merging with them somewhere in the middle.
If Washington was to move to Drum, the dead mileage for routes starting/ending at Heworth or South Tyneside would be massive.
Similar but not as big as some of the Stanley routes working from Consett.
If the move was to ever come off, then the depot route allocation would need to be looked at.

I dont know the full ins and outs of the depot move to Drum falling through, but I believe there were concerns with access/safety prior to the roundabout being constructed on the A693. Whether that was enough for the move to collapse or there were other issues, I dont know.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 12 May 2013

Wonder if any new services will join the metrocentre depot, such as some of the red kites, like some1 said earlier in the post and wonder if any will be moved to other depots.

Can see Winlaton and Gateshead operating for at least a month even when it opens, can see it taking a few weeks to move everything in.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 12 May 2013

Just a summary of my most recent uploads. Some things may be notable.

05/05/13 -
  • The Go North East: "Buses By Brand" collection has been updated. The updates are given below:
    - 3867 has been added to the "DFDS Seaways" set. This set is now complete, however, photos are subject to be replaced in future.
  • Several Go North East vehicles were displayed at this year's Metrocentre Rally. Photos I took during the event are displayed in this set.

06/05/13 -
  • "Laser" 5301 returned to service at Deptford. A photo can be seen here.
  • "Drifter" 8306 returned to service at Deptford. A photo can be seen here.
  • The Go North East: "Buses By Brand" collection has been updated. The updates are given below:
    - 5301 has been added to the "Laser" set as a replacement for a previous photo.
    - 8303 has been added to the "Drifter" set as a replacement for a previous photo.
    - 8327 has been added to the "SimpliCity" set.

07/05/13

09/05/13

11/05/13
  • 8319 has returned to service at Deptford depot. She wears a plain red base livery, with no other vinyls at present - other than a "Go North East" logo on her front. A photo is displayed here.

12/05/13
  • Posters have been placed on Deptford-based "Doxford Clipper" branded vehicles, advertising the changes effective from next month. A photo is displayed here.
  • A Metro Replacement service was in operation today, operated by Go North East. Photos can be seen on the links below:
  • Several services in Newcastle City Centre were diverted in multiple ways today. Photos are displayed on the links below:
    - 5314 on "Crusader" service 27.
    - 5343 on "Citylink" service 58.
  • 3819 has been repainted into a fresh coat of yellow, in preparation for re-branding into the updated "Yellow Bus" brand. A photo can be seen here.
  • 3858 is currently withdrawn. Although not officially announced, she is said to have only been out for three weeks in the past eleven months. This lengthy withdrawal has been caused by an original engine failure, and a subsequent engine failure in February when eventually fitted with a new one. At present, parts are being "robbed" of her front end until she is fixed properly. A photo is displayed here.
  • Optare Versa Demonstrator 9133 has transferred to Gateshead and has seen use on "Citylink" service 58, alongside Streetlite Demonstrator 9132. A photo of 9133 now in-serivce with Gateshead can be seen here.
    Go North East: "Buses By Brand" collection has been updated. The updates are given below:
    - 568 has been added to the "Washington Street Shuttle" set as a replacement for a previous photo.
    - 3864 has been added to the "Northern" set.
    - 3875 has been added to the "Northern" set as a replacement for a previous photo.
    - 3878 has been added to the "Northern" set.
    - 6019 has been added to the "Northern" set as a replacement for a previous photo.
    - 5169 has been added to the "Fab Fifty Seven" set. This set is now complete, however, photos are subject to be replaced in future.
    - 5315 has been added to the "Crusader" set.

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 12 May 2013

Looking into the workings for the 60/61/42 on Sundays. I think, similarly the 202/265/259/260 workings, the three services will interwork together

If you look at the times, (shows layover at Sunderland Interchange)
10:20 42 to Sunderland Interchange arriving at 10:39 (8)
10:47 60 to Parkside Heathway arriving 11:19
11:20 60 to Sunderland Interchange Arriving 11:53 (7)
12:00 61 to Murton/Sunderland Interchange arriving back at 1:06 (11)
1:17 42 to Vicarage Farm Estate arriving at 1:39
1:40 42 to Sunderland Interchange arriving 1:59 (8)
2:07 60 to Parkside Heathway arriving 2:39
2:40 60 to Sunderland Interchange arriving 3:13 (14)
3:27 60 to Parkside Heathway arriving 3:59
4:00 60 to Sunderland Interchange arriving 4:33 (4)
4:37 42 to Vicarage Farm Esatate arriving 4:59
5:00 42 to Sunderland Interchange arriving at 5:19 (11)
5:30 61 to Murton/Sunderland Interchange arriving back at 6:32

This is just some rough working outs I think it works?!

RE: Go North East - korn90 - 13 May 2013

apparently 3858 is now withdrawn due to engine failure

Van Order 2013 - Malarkey - 13 May 2013

Over the Weekend Washington Depot received 6 Brand New 13reg Driver Swap Vans which are Numbered 1010 - 1016, this has lead to 6 vans that were on Hire from Enterprise being Returned This Afternoon. Note this was there first day in Service.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8734840469/in/photostream/

0566 at Enterprise Van Hire (Blaydon) on staff shuttle, A few drivers returned Vans that were on hire to Washington Depot .http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8734844215/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 13 May 2013

(13 May 2013, 4:55 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Over the Weekend Washington Depot received 6 Brand New 13reg Driver Swap Vans which are Numbered 1010 - 1016

There is 20 in total for all of GNE

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 13 May 2013

(13 May 2013, 5:15 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(13 May 2013, 4:55 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Over the Weekend Washington Depot received 6 Brand New 13reg Driver Swap Vans which are Numbered 1010 - 1016

Cheers so Fleet Numbers will either be 1000 - 1020 or 1010 to 1030, GNE will probs pick the rest up during the week/or next weekend. Unless other depots have them also. I know Winlation don't have any as i've been there today.

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 13 May 2013

(13 May 2013, 5:36 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(13 May 2013, 5:15 pm)citaro5284 wrote

Cheers so Fleet Numbers will either be 1000 - 1020 or 1010 to 1030, GNE will probs pick the rest up during the week/or next weekend. Unless other depots have them also. I know Winlation don't have any as i've been there today.

There is quite a number of them hiding at Saltmeadows Smile

Go North East - Part 11 - Malarkey - 13 May 2013

No sign of any Citaros or Streetlites yet then.

RE: Go North East - Acky81 - 13 May 2013

Are we getting new buses for extra 39s or just older northern SPDs. Surely we shud have the street lite or new versas. Btw seems silly taking current versas off the 60.

RE: Odd Allocations - Malarkey - 13 May 2013

3941 NK05 GZO is back in service at Winlaton/Hexham and is seen today on the Toonlink 31 to Newcastle.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8735131809/in/photostream/

5156 Centurion was on the 307 to Benton Asda
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8736250694/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East - Michael - 13 May 2013

Just reading though the new timetables again and spotted on the X3/X36 timetable...

In Sunderland Interchange, the X3 leaves from stand R and the X36 leaves from stand V.

Also - Intresting that the 20/20A/X20 is moving to Stand L by the new timetable but the 35/35A/35B/35C is still stopping at stand L on the way to Hetton etc... think there's a mistake thier.

39 - No stand of yet towards Doxford Park...But still Stand H towards Pennywell

Most Services stay the same stand in park lane..These are

2/2C - Stand J
9 - Stand R
26/26A - Stand V
35/35A/35B/35C towards south shields is stand Q
36/36A - Hasn't got a stand yet but probley's stand T
42 - Stand F
56 - Stand S
61 - Stand C

-----
99 - Wont serve Park lane after changes.
----

No timetable for the 73 still.......

RE: Go North East - Tom - 13 May 2013

Adam, a ''Centurion'' on the 307 is the normal allocation.

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 13 May 2013

(13 May 2013, 7:48 pm)W179SCU wrote Adam, a ''Centurion'' on the 307 is the normal allocation.

Indeed when the service was unbranded, but now it's branded it's classed as an odd allocation.

No timetable for the 73 still.......
[/quote]

There was an East Durham MPD at the Galleries this Morning at 10am with 4 drivers on it, First thought was it was on route learning for this service, I didn't get a photo as I was getting on the X1 to Newcastle

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 13 May 2013

Michael - that stand could get busy, but it makes sense to keep the Houghton buses going off one stand.
In the past I have been waiting in the queue for one bus, to see a bus pull in next door. Other passengers will be the same.

Hopefully the headway is enough to keep them apart at Park Lane...

RE: Go North East - Michael - 13 May 2013

i think its a mistake, cant have the 20/20a, 35/35A all running from 1 stand, congestion will be mad.

i also think the 73 will move stands, i was thinking to stand T or V when it changes to the galliries, more people may use it then.

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 13 May 2013

The 35 and 35a come in 10min intervals as do the 20 and 20a (I havent got access to timetables at the mo) - but hypothetically:

35 - 00
20 - 05
35a - 10
20a - 15
35 - 20
20 - 25
35a - 30
20a - 35 and so on.

Whether they are evenly spaced out like that in the real timetables or whether they are evenly spaced out in real life is another matter...
You are right though, it has the potential to get very busy.

RE: Go North East - Tom - 14 May 2013

The 17 and 307 still interwork, it is not a odd allocation.

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 14 May 2013

(14 May 2013, 7:07 am)W179SCU wrote The 17 and 307 still interwork, it is not a odd allocation.

ohh right, I didn't know they interworked, not really familiar with the services in that area as i'm rarely over that way.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 14 May 2013

8319 (former Simplicity) is now in Northern base red

RE: Go North East - gtom - 15 May 2013

Go Ahead officially launch the Tees Wear Express

http://www.simplygo.com/news/launch-of-first-fast-bus-link-between-wearside-and-teesside/

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 15 May 2013

Forgot to mention - the two ex-GNE Yellow Deckers I saw in Lincoln getting seatbelts fitted a few weeks back; theyre now white