North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Of course, I could offer you my patented 'MurdnunoC's Prize Claiming Service' for a mere 20% of the proceeds.  Wink

Blocked and reported it for spam. Wink I think the only thing that would have come through my door was a bag of s***. Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 06 Mar 2015

Just thought; what is it that make parents love their children so much?

I can't get my head around it - with all the cheek I give my parents and everything they do for me, yet they both love me no matter what.

Any parents on here able to explain? Is it the pride of the fact that you made them yourself, and it's practically a mini-you?

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Just thought; what is it that make parents love their children so much?

I can't get my head around it - with all the cheek I give my parents and everything they do for me, yet they both love me no matter what.

Any parents on here able to explain? Is it the pride of the fact that you made them yourself, and it's practically a mini-you?

One of my posts was deemed random by Tommy yesterday, but that must be up there with the randomest of random questions...Where the fook did that one come from Big Grin...

You answered your own question in your last few lines

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 07 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Just thought; what is it that make parents love their children so much?

Technically I'm not a mini version of my mother.

I can be sick in the bathroom, on the carpet and in some milkshake. She still loves me.

I can drop a bottle of Coca-Cola on the floor and open it, she still loves me.

I fight with my brother, she still loves me.

Basically, if parents didn't love the children from birth, the baby wouldn't feed itself and then the world would end with no humans within 100 years.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 07 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 3:24 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Here's the total of my time online.

2 Months, 5 Days, 4 Hours, 50 Minutes, 3 Seconds

To be fair, my computer is always on and the forum is usually open within a tab. It's unlikely that I've actually spent that much time on the forum itself.

For me: 

6 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 11 Hours, 8 Minutes, 6 Seconds

I need to get a life... 

Anything and Everything - S813 FVK - 07 Mar 2015

the funfair thing in chester looks utter shite...

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm)Robert wrote the funfair thing in chester looks utter shite...

Sadly, it is. Never been a fan of those things, apparently it's been keeping residents in that area up until about 1 in the morning! Sad

I fully agree with you.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 08 Mar 2015

Can't remember getting home last night, all i know is that the taxi driver had to help me get out of the taxi and i was vomiting all night...

Bloody hell

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 10:22 am)Michael wrote Can't remember getting home last night, all i know is that the taxi driver had to help me get out of the taxi and i was vomiting all night...

Bloody hell

Are you okay?

Your wording seems different to normal... 

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 10:22 am)Michael wrote Can't remember getting home last night, all i know is that the taxi driver had to help me get out of the taxi and i was vomiting all night...

Bloody hell
1 too many sherbets Michael...

You did not blow chunks in the taxi did you...Do they still 50 quid if you make a mess in a taxi???

(08 Mar 2015, 10:24 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Are you okay?

Your wording seems different to normal... 

I'm fine today lmao

I'm not really a good drinker but it was a 21st.. so why the hell not haha

(08 Mar 2015, 10:28 am)MrFozz wrote 1 too many sherbets Michael...

You did not blow chunks in the taxi did you...Do they still 50 quid if you make a mess in a taxi???

Maybe i did  Fozz... Tongue

I didn't vomit in the taxi, thank god, i'm not sure on what the fine is these days. 

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 10:32 am)Michael wrote Maybe i did  Fozz... Tongue

I didn't vomit in the taxi, thank god, i'm not sure on what the fine is these days. 

Northumberland's is £25 for soiling and vomiting in the cab. Fine is voided if an under-5 has soiled or been sick.

Should be similar for you.

(08 Mar 2015, 10:31 am)Michael wrote I'm fine today lmao

I'm not really a good drinker but it was a 21st.. so why the hell not haha
Exactly, why the hell not
(08 Mar 2015, 10:32 am)Michael wrote Maybe i did  Fozz...

As long as you had a good night, if you cannot remember it you probably have had a good night out...I must be due to have a drink soon, probably my birthday in May Big Grin

(08 Mar 2015, 10:35 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Northumberland's is £25 for soiling and vomiting in the cab. Fine is voided if an under-5 has soiled or been sick.

Should be similar for you.

That's not much, thought it was more than that.

(08 Mar 2015, 10:35 am)MrFozz wrote Exactly, why the hell not
As long as you had a good night, if you cannot remember it you probably have had a good night out...I must be due to have a drink soon, probably my birthday in May Big Grin

Might as well Fozz, i'll not be drinking for a while! 

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 10:41 am)Michael wrote That's not much, thought it was more than that.

I thought Station Taxis was a £50 penalty, to be fair. Down south in Kettering, it's £75 if I recall correctly.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 10:48 am)Dan wrote I thought Station Taxis was a £50 penalty, to be fair. Down south in Kettering, it's £75 if I recall correctly.
That hasn't half jumped up! It's set by local authorities, so all Sunderland taxis will be 50 now. Was only 20 quid when I used to go out through that way.

Having said that, you used to be able to get from the town to Washington for a tenner... Smile

(08 Mar 2015, 11:09 am)aureolin wrote That hasn't half jumped up! It's set by local authorities, so all Sunderland taxis will be 50 now. Was only 20 quid when I used to go out through that way.

Having said that, you used to be able to get from the town to Washington for a tenner... Smile

I could be wrong, keeping in mind that the only time I use taxis is after I've been to parties. Tongue 

Was about £7.00 from Plains Farm to ASDA at Leechmere five years ago - imagine that journey would be £10 now... I dread to think of what the price would be for Sunderland - Washington...

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 08 Mar 2015

Quite an unfortunate name for a footballer (or indeed anyone in any profession).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argel_Fucks

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 11:12 am)Dan wrote I could be wrong, keeping in mind that the only time I use taxis is after I've been to parties. Tongue 

Was about £7.00 from Plains Farm to ASDA at Leechmere five years ago - imagine that journey would be £10 now... I dread to think of what the price would be for Sunderland - Washington...
I would imagine it would be over £20 from Sunderland to Washington, but that then depends on the Route in which the Taxi Driver takes from A to B and time of day I guess as the fare rates will change.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Quite an unfortunate name for a footballer (or indeed anyone in any profession).

There's been a few of those. John Motson trying to announce when Stefan Kuntz got on the ball in Euro 96 springs to mind Big Grin

There's also Rod Fanni, and away from football Andreas Wank. I find it even more comical that the latter is involved in skiing mind... 

(08 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Quite an unfortunate name for a footballer (or indeed anyone in any profession).

There is some good funny names in football...

Stefan Kuntz
2 Chilean Ponces(Waldo and Miguel)
Danny Shittu
Rafael Schiedt(Pronounced Shite...He was shite as well)
Anil Koc
Mario Turdo
Osa Guobardia(better known as Ice Cream)
Quim
Bongo Christ (supposedly)
The Patriarch of the Neville family (Neville Neville)

When I first started playing Championship Manager at school, there was a player on there called Frank Awankah...Giving me a laugh when the commentary would flash up 'Awankah scores' and then there was Brian Pinas at Newcastle, he never played a 1st team game, but I always wanted to hear 'Here's Pinas down the wing, penetrating deep in the box' and would love to have seen Pinas go up agaisnt Rod Fanni...Heres Pinas, he is 1on1 with and getting stuck into Fanni'

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 Mar 2015

Does any of our older members remember Ali Dia, the shitty footballer who conned Graham Souness to sign him at Southampton after George Weah supposedly phoned Souness up out the blue...He came on as sub for Matt Le Tissier, only to be subbed later on as he was shite, also appeared for Blyth and Gateshead

(08 Mar 2015, 6:10 pm)MrFozz wrote Does any of our older members remember Ali Dia, the shitty footballer who conned Graham Souness to sign him at Southampton after George Weah supposedly phoned Souness up out the blue...He came on as sub for Matt Le Tissier, only to be subbed later on as he was shite, also appeared for Blyth and Gateshead

Yeah, I think I brought it up elsewhere on the forum.

All credit to him though. 

(08 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Yeah, I think I brought it up elsewhere on the forum.

All credit to him though. 
Probably one of the most infamous story in last 50 years, I always thought it served Souness right, why he did not do more checks on the dude or whether it was George Weah who phoned him...

But you got to give it to Ali Dia, he conned his way into a Premier League match and lived the dream for about half an hour, something which 95% of us will never do...

Going back to you mentioning an unfortuante name, there was once a player and Referee in the late 19th Century called Segar Bastard Big Grin Wonder if the chant 'Who is the bastard in the black' started with him

(08 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm)MrFozz wrote Probably one of the most infamous story in last 50 years, I always thought it served Souness right, why he did not do more checks on the dude or whether it was George Weah who phoned him...

But you got to give it to Ali Dia, he conned his way into a Premier League match and lived the dream for about half an hour, something which 95% of us will never do...

Going back to you mentioning an unfortuante name, there was once a player and Referee in the late 19th Century called Segar Bastard Big Grin Wonder if the chant 'Who is the bastard in the black' started with him

95%?

What Ali Dia did was akin to winning the National Lottery really. Can't really see it happening again, Dia will most likely be the only person in history to con his way into a Premier League match. 

That's worthy of some respect.

(08 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote 95%?

What Ali Dia did was akin to winning the National Lottery really. Can't really see it happening again, Dia will most likely be the only person in history to con his way into a Premier League match. 

That's worthy of some respect.

95% meaning 95% of everybody...That figure maybe closer to 100% as the dropout/failure rate in football must be huge...

Your right, it woulx never happen today, It would not have happened back then if Social Media was around.

A quick Youtube search would be all it needs today to check if someone is legit...Dia even nearly scored a goal

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 08 Mar 2015

I'm so tempted to set my mood to 'Horny' for the fun of it...

And I'm not before anyone inquires...Tongue

(08 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I'm so tempted to set my mood to 'Horny' for the fun of it...

And I'm not before anyone inquires...
I can't help but feel Fozz is going to add the first line to the quotes in his signature....

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm)Dan wrote I can't help but feel Fozz is going to add the first line to the quotes in his signature....

Hehehehe why not? Tongue