North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 28 Jun 2015

Top Gear is back on BBC I PLAYER (episode 8 series 22 for those interested)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 28 Jun 2015

(28 Jun 2015, 9:23 pm)Davie wrote Top Gear is back on BBC I PLAYER (episode 8 series 22 for those interested)

That awkward moment when we all ermm watched it at 8pm on BBC2, Check out the General TV Thread.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 28 Jun 2015

(28 Jun 2015, 9:33 pm)Malarkey wrote That awkward moment when we all ermm watched it at 8pm on BBC2, Check out the General TV Thread.

I feel like a tit now... Sad

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 30 Jun 2015

My photo has got through to the voting stage on RailUK's Photo of the Week competition! My entry is 06 http://www.railforums.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=466

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 30 Jun 2015

(30 Jun 2015, 8:44 am)Tommy_1581 wrote My photo has got through to the voting stage on RailUK's Photo of the Week competition! My entry is 06 http://www.railforums.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=466

Well done mate.

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 30 Jun 2015

Them two plonkers who I mentioned yesterday's outing just missed the 8 in Ferryhill [emoji2] [emoji1]

Seen Chris Thompson outside Gateshead Interchange earlier and he gave me a little lesson on what and where to get the best photos.

I got some news earlier that 'Rail' magazine are going to be using one of my photos in the magazine!

.jpg
DSCN1721.JPG (Size 4.84 MB Downloads 17)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 01 Jul 2015

I can't thank David Forster (Mr Fozz) enough for his kind words!

Unbeknown to me, Fozz had sent a letter to FourFourTwo magazine, a football magazine that is published worldwide regarding the JJ O'Donnell fund. Here is what he said...

Credit Due In Gateshead

When I was growing up, I was always told that football supporters are at their best when uniting behind a cause or coming together to collectively mourn when someone dies. Recent events in the North East proved it.

In May, Gateshead footballer JJ O'Donnell was told that he had a 50/50 chance of playing again after he was diagnosed with sesamoiditous, a condition that causes the toes to become inflamed and makes kicking a football excruciating.

Step forward Lee Calder and Sam Jupp, two teenage Gateshead fans who took it upon themselves to raise the money required to fund their favourite player's operation. Hoping to raise about £5,000. the total exceeded £7,000 thanks in part to a generous £2,690 donation by Sunderland striker Danny Graham, himself born in Gateshead.

JJ has had the operation and now faces a three month wait to see if he can fully recover. In the meantime, Manchester City have generously offered him the use of their facilities.

Lee and Sam's selflessness is incredible. They've really brought the North East's football community together, which is easier said than done! They're a credit to their club and the local area.

Well done, lads, what you've done is brilliant.

David Forster, Murton, Co.Durham.

As I said, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done David, and for your continued help and support throughout the fundraising.

Lee

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm)LeeCalder wrote I can't thank David Forster (Mr Fozz) enough for his kind words!

Unbeknown to me, Fozz had sent a letter to FourFourTwo magazine, a football magazine that is published worldwide regarding the JJ O'Donnell fund. Here is what he said...

Credit Due In Gateshead

When I was growing up, I was always told that football supporters are at their best when uniting behind a cause or coming together to collectively mourn when someone dies. Recent events in the North East proved it.

In May, Gateshead footballer JJ O'Donnell was told that he had a 50/50 chance of playing again after he was diagnosed with sesamoiditous, a condition that causes the toes to become inflamed and makes kicking a football excruciating.

Step forward Lee Calder and Sam Jupp, two teenage Gateshead fans who took it upon themselves to raise the money required to fund their favourite player's operation. Hoping to raise about £5,000. the total exceeded £7,000 thanks in part to a generous £2,690 donation by Sunderland striker Danny Graham, himself born in Gateshead.

JJ has had the operation and now faces a three month wait to see if he can fully recover. In the meantime, Manchester City have generously offered him the use of their facilities.

Lee and Sam's selflessness is incredible. They've really brought the North East's football community together, which is easier said than done! They're a credit to their club and the local area.

As I said, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done David, and for your continued help and support throughout the fundraising.

Lee
I must thank Mr Fozz must next time we see him a nice drink is on the cards or something nice we all would enjoy

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 02 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm)LeeCalder wrote I can't thank David Forster (Mr Fozz) enough for his kind words!

Credit Due In Gateshead

Lee
Your very welcome Lee...

I did not tell you about it for the surprise I knew you would have when you eventually saw it...

I always said to you I could not support you financially, I don't have much money myself, but I promised to support you in other ways and promised to support and hep you in anything you do to follow up this effort...

Well maybe some public recognition wouldn't go amiss if you have more media coverage in the future Tongue

No seriously Lee, your appreciation and kind words is good enough mate

It has been a pleasure to support you in this quest, and it deserves the extra effort, I e-mailed a lot of people, mentioned it on a few websites incl. non-League Matters and Darlo Uncovered, tweeted people and e-mailed some news Outlets, basically telling anybody who would listen, lol...

Knowing I could do something is good and it has been a pleasure to help you...

JJ O'Donnell found himself in an awkward position, and quite simply, You and Sam would have been forgiven for having more important things to worry about...school, life, your friends, Bus and Train Enthusiasm lol Tongue 

JJ is one lucky footballer to have you, he owes you a lot and I am sure I speak for most of us when I say "We hope JJ gets good news when it is due and we all hope he can kick a football again" as 23 is no age for a player to be having to possibly face retirement...

(01 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm)Diamond One wrote I must thank Mr Fozz must next time we see him a nice drink is on the cards or something nice we all would enjoy

Thanks for the kind words of support Bazza, it Should be Lee getting a drink or ten for his work, on his 18th Birthday of course lmao Tongue I don't want anything, Lee's appreciation is enough for me and he has made said appreciation quite clear...

I did my bit for the effort in my own way and personally think I did an ok job...I am not the best letter writer in the world, my grammar is normally crap and can sometimes repeat myself over and over in a letter, but I did ok with this letter, even though I think it has been edited a bit...

It is a real class act what Lee and Sam did, very selfless and worthy of praise, respect and admiration from JJ O'Donnell and his family, from Gateshead Football Club, from us and from there family...

Again...Well done Lee and be sure to pass on my respect to others who were directly involved in the Fundraising

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 02 Jul 2015

Just noticed something in my letter...

If someone saw the first 2 or 3 sentences and not the rest, they may think JJ is dead...The sentences are

I guess I worded that wrong, but at least we know what it is all about anyway...

One more thing Lee...Did you ever have a think about kind of follow-up to this campaign with ideas I put to you a while ago...

Will PM you later my friend

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 02 Jul 2015

Earlier this week being offered a job that I had just been beaten to a month or two ago. Really wanted to do this (Assistant Controller) and was gutted when I didn't get it, however another vacancy came up and I was first to be offered so my pay will be almost tripling! Start in August and it's all shiftwork (0700 - 1400, 1400 - 2100, 2100 - 0900) however all is well.

Popped into the Seat dealer at Carlisle earlier on, looks like I'll be getting a Seat Ibiza SC FR within a couple of months or so. Absolutely adore the Ibizas! Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 7:30 pm)northern156 wrote Earlier this week being offered a job that I had just been beaten to a month or two ago. Really wanted to do this (Assistant Controller) and was gutted when I didn't get it, however another vacancy came up and I was first to be offered so my pay will be almost tripling! Start in August and it's all shiftwork (0700 - 1400, 1400 - 2100, 2100 - 0900) however all is well.

Popped into the Seat dealer at Carlisle earlier on, looks like I'll be getting a Seat Ibiza SC FR within a couple of months or so. Absolutely adore the Ibizas! Smile

I'm jelly..!

Is it brand new? Was looking at one myself - but wasn't keen on the online price once you add everything on. Tongue

(02 Jul 2015, 7:33 pm)Dan wrote I'm jelly..!

Is it brand new? Was looking at one myself - but wasn't keen on the online price once you add everything on. Tongue

Yeah, I'm looking at something brand new. Typically it's a bad idea as you can lose a good thousand or so just by making it second-hand thereafter however the salesman told me they can knock £4k off the price of a brand new one...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 02 Jul 2015

Are you Strawberry, Raspberry, Orange, Blackcurrant, Pineapple, Lemon or Lime?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 7:37 pm)Malarkey wrote Are you Strawberry, Raspberry, Orange, Blackcurrant, Pineapple, Lemon or Lime?

Lemon or lime; take your pick, as I am very bitter indeed.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 7:38 pm)Dan wrote Lemon or lime; take your pick, as I am very bitter indeed.

Ahh but what I was to say Lime, you could quite easily say it was Lemon, when in actual fact it was Lime all along.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 7:34 pm)northern156 wrote Yeah, I'm looking at something brand new. Typically it's a bad idea as you can lose a good thousand or so just by making it second-hand thereafter however the salesman told me they can knock £4k off the price of a brand new one...

If you're buying brand new, have a look at the new Kia cee'd. You'll typically get a lot of 'extras' for your money, and they're not badly priced to start with. Quite a few of their engines are band A, so you'd pay no VED on them. You also get a 7 year warranty.

(02 Jul 2015, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote If you're buying brand new, have a look at the new Kia cee'd. You'll typically get a lot of 'extras' for your money, and they're not badly priced to start with. Quite a few of their engines are band A, so you'd pay no VED on them. You also get a 7 year warranty.

Thanks for the tip Adrian however I think my mind is set on the sporty Spanish machine Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)northern156 wrote Thanks for the tip Adrian however I think my mind is set on the sporty Spanish machine Big Grin

I have a Leon FR 1.4 (140 bhp) - and it is impressive to say the least, and only £30 a year road tax too  Big Grin

(02 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote I have a Leon FR 1.4 (140 bhp) - and it is impressive to say the least, and only £30 a year road tax too  Big Grin

Not bad! Mind I'll be going for the 1.4 petrol though, another £100 on top of your road tax per year but it'll be worth it! Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 02 Jul 2015

(02 Jul 2015, 9:21 pm)northern156 wrote Not bad! Mind I'll be going for the 1.4 petrol though, another £100 on top of your road tax per year but it'll be worth it! Smile

mine is 1.4 petrol with a turbo, it comes in at 119 g/km, and the next band starts at 120 g/km, so it just squeezes in on band C for the road tax.

Ah I see! Maybe just most of the Ibizas that fall into the £130 if petrol category.

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 04 Jul 2015

My photo of 2866 which I uploaded to Flickr yesterday has made it onto Explore.
https://flic.kr/p/vfhuEr

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 05 Jul 2015

(04 Jul 2015, 8:58 am)Jimmi wrote My photo of 2866 which I uploaded to Flickr yesterday has made it onto Explore.
https://flic.kr/p/vfhuEr
Well that was certainly something, ended up getting 105 favourites and 11171 views.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 7:26 am)Jimmi wrote Well that was certainly something, ended up getting 105 favourites and 11171 views.

Ought to be in the "What's annoying you today?" thread!

Don't understand the fascination with explore - I did when I first started out taking photos, then you discover it is all just random selection, and it means nowt. Irritates me having loads of randomers commenting with strange things.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 7:28 am)Dan wrote Ought to be in the "What's annoying you today?" thread!

Don't understand the fascination with explore - I did when I first started out taking photos, then you discover it is all just random selection, and it means nowt. Irritates me having loads of randomers commenting with strange things.

Yeah I get what you mean especially as only 8 of the people who fave'd that photo will continue to view my photos which are followers who are actually interested in the hobby.

As much as it was kind of fun it won't mean a great deal to me, what is now the second most viewed photo will probably mean more to me which was a photo of two new Sapphire E400's in Jesmond Depot which I think now has around 3500 views. Another one being the now second most fave'd photo which was a unbranded MAX X1 StreetLite which currently has 29 favourites (although there was more than that). Those two photos will probably mean more to me as I feel like most of the people viewing these two photos are actually interested in the subject of the photo whereas yesterday it was a load of randoms and some fave everything especially stuff in Explore I actually looked out of curiosity and boredom.

It was fun although I did get a bit sick of all the activity part way through my journey on the 50. Can't say I'm really fussed about it happening again. Care more about getting views from people actually interested in buses rather than randoms.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 05 Jul 2015

Received my kebab and chips.... will be heading to the gym this afternoon  Tongue .

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 9:40 am)Simmy wrote Received my kebab and chips.... will be heading to the gym this afternoon  Tongue .

I haven't had a kebab in about 3 weeks.... might have to get one this week!