North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 08 Jan 2015

(08 Jan 2015, 4:01 pm)MrFozz I would love to know how Stephen Hawking has stayed alive all these years, normally when ALS takes hold your lucky to have, at best, 2 years...

I knew a bloke who had it, the last time I saw him after his diagnosis was Mid-2009 and he died in June 2010

Me too, i would love to meet him, hes just amazing, even though hes being in a wheelchair for years and has to use a voice box, he still knows what hes talking about. 

(08 Jan 2015, 4:05 pm)MarcTheA4 @Michael - I went to see The Theory of Everything, couldn't recommend it more.

A great balance of love, intelligence and humour.

Ratings by movie critic's have gave it nothing but praise.

To busy atm, hopefully its still in cinema for the next couple of weeks. 

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 Jan 2015

(08 Jan 2015, 4:05 pm)MarcTheA4 @Michael - I went to see The Theory of Everything, couldn't recommend it more.

A great balance of love, intelligence and humour.
I seen it through a streaming app and chromecast I have for my TV...

Was not my kind of film but thought Eddie Redmayne did a good job, that must be hard to act...

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 08 Jan 2015

I'm dying to see Taken 3.
As the first 'Taken' movie forms part of our Case Study, I brought it up with my Media Studies teacher before about us going to see the movie when it came out, and she seemed alright with it. Hopefully go next week, if so. Wink

(08 Jan 2015, 4:06 pm)Michael Me too, i would love to meet him, hes just amazing, even though hes being in a wheelchair for years and has to use a voice box, he still knows what hes talking about. 

Ratings by movie critic's have gave it nothing but praise.

To busy atm, hopefully its still in cinema for the next couple of weeks. 
The one thing ALS does not affect is the mind, he will always be alert and understand those round him...

While were also on about Stephen Hawking, you should watch A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe playing schizophrenic genius John Nash

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 Jan 2015

Love this picture taken at Penrith

[img]http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/sucked_off.jpg[/url]

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 Jan 2015

Looks like Ched Evans is no closer to a way back into football, with Oldham withdrawing there interest...Seems to be as time goes on, he is quickly running out of options, he cant go abroad, a team in Malta were interested, but the Ministry of Justice have said the conditions of his licence rule that out...

The more and more this drags on, I am less convinced of the original conviction, for starters, his mate was acquitted of the same offence, Evans was convicted...The fact he sneaked into the hotel and got away through a back door or fire exit probably did not do his defence any good...

There are precedents in ex-cons getting back into football

1. Lee Hughes...Drink Driving, Death by Dangerous Driving, was took on by Oldham on his release
2. Craig Thomson of Hearts...Convicted of trying to groom 2 girls (12 and 14) ended up at a decent level in Lithuania for a while, now at a junior team
3. Marlon King...Sexual Assault, took on by Coventry on release
4. Graham Rix...Had sex with a 15 year old and went to Chelsea on release.
4. Luke McCormick...Drink Driving and Death By Dangerous Driving(2 kids)...Back at Plymouth, he is Captain now

I remember Sunderland signing Jamie Lawrence in the early 90's and he had just done bird for an armed robbery, i think

Evans should put his appeal first if he is, innocent as it now quite obvious his options are drying up at a rapid rate...

My opinion, I dont really know, I have said in the past that he should not be allowed near a football club, but my view on that is softening now, I am starting to think he is probably not a rapist, guilty of nothing more than having sex with a drunk bird if be acknowledged that doing so was stupid, he took advantage, he should have thought about his actions before playing them out, that would be ok with, it would be a start.

I must admit I find it worrying that blokes can easily end up on a rape charge after a seemingly innocent one night stand, guys whose intentions never constitued Rape, and lives could be ruined through the actions of some people

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 09 Jan 2015

What on earth is going on in Paris?

As it stands, there are two guys holed up in a factory, holding a hostage and surrounded by police.

Another gunman has hostages (2 killed reportedly) in a Kosher shop, demanding the release of the other two guys.

This is following on from events earlier in the week.

Obviously this is all subject to change, like any ongoing event.

It is absolutely crazy.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 09 Jan 2015

It's becoming comparable to the German Autumn of 1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Autumn

One thing we must remember about this bunch of absolute fucktards is that they don't represent the majortive views of Islam or Muslims. My main concern is how the Muslim community is going to be treat in the aftermath of these events. They're already marginalised in France and I'm worried that they're going to face more hostility. Marie Le Pen and the Front National will surely use these events in the run up to the French presdency, due to take place in 2017.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 09 Jan 2015

MrFozz I am not condoning far-right politics, but is it any wonder that people drift towards Marie Le-Pen when mad shit like this happens, I came very close to joining the BNP in my early 20's, I struck up a friendship online and over the phone with a local activist, he tried his hardest to get me to sign up, even promising me an audience with Nick Griffin if I wanted to meet him, at that time my mental health was at it's worst and luckily I had a good support circle around me who made me understand they were playing on my personality and my fears, I was worried about things like immigration, terrorism and stuff like that as it was post 9/11 and Pre 7/7 London

Unfortunately, you're right. Situations like this tend to bring out the reactionary in people.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 09 Jan 2015

Not just the far right. Sadly, I see ukip gaining votes because of the links to anti-immigration.

Just seen this on twitter.
Quote:There are too many Muslims offended by cartoons and not enough Muslims offended by barbaric terrorism. #CharlieHebdo

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 10 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 10:50 pm)Andreos1 Not just the far right. Sadly, I see ukip gaining votes because of the links to anti-immigration.

Just seen this on twitter.
Is it really any wonder when shit like the last few days is happening...It gives people like Big Nige and his cronies here and people like the Front National a platform to play on peoples fears

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 10 Jan 2015

In other news Abu Hamza has been jailed for life in New York

Radical cleric Abu Hamza jailed for life by US court

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 10 Jan 2015

No surprise at all.

Just been reading this. It appears there will be a cyber war.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/charlie-hebdo-anonymous-declares-war-4949878#ICID=sharebar_facebook

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 10 Jan 2015

Rather random but...

I didn't know Ken Dodd was still alive, thought the old goat died years ago Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 10 Jan 2015

Anyone else getting "Privacy error" on Flickr?

What it says:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.flickr.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 10:57 am)Michael Anyone else getting "Privacy error" on Flickr?

What it says:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.flickr.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Try using https://www.flickr.com

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:08 am)Andreos1 No surprise at all.

Just been reading this. It appears there will be a cyber war.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/charlie-hebdo-anonymous-declares-war-4949878#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Websites and social media accounts (possibly associated with Anonymous) have appeared over the course of the last few days apparently exposing the Twitter accounts of users believed to be associated with ISIS and Al Qaeda. Twitter users are being encouraged to spam, troll and report these accounts.

There is also a countdown to an unknown event, due to commence at 8am tomorrow morning, suggesting an online retaliation against the Charlie Hebdo attacks is forthcoming.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/op-charlie-hebdo-anonymous-website-counts-down-possible-retribution-event-1482707

The internet could be quite busy tomorrow morning.

RE: Anything and Everything - Tommy1581 - 10 Jan 2015

Scary times at the moment, kind of makes me scared to be on the Internet just in case I say something wrong...

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 11 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 7:29 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 Scary times at the moment, kind of makes me scared to be on the Internet just in case I say something wrong...
As long as your careful in what you say, you will be fine...

It is really scary times right now, and nobody is safe...we need eyes the back of our nappers these days, and what has happened recently only plays on our fears and can bring out the worst in our behaviour