North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 14 Oct 2013

Daniel I'm not disputing what's been said But do you really think 9 buses an hour between Doxford Park & City Centre is going to work? You keep saying 'Plans change' so maybe they have now? Or maybe the 39 will go every 10 Mins in November and then change again whenever these proposals are due to happen. Show of hands with the Forum who thinks 9 buses an hour between Sunderand-Grangetown-Ryhope-Doxford Park is warranted? That's more frequent that the 21 between Newcastle-Chester.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Oct 2013

(14 Oct 2013, 6:36 pm)CatsFast101 Daniel I'm not disputing what's been said But do you really think 9 buses an hour between Doxford Park & City Centre is going to work? You keep saying 'Plans change' so maybe they have now? Or maybe the 39 will go every 10 Mins in November and then change again whenever these proposals are due to happen. Show of hands with the Forum who thinks 9 buses an hour between Sunderand-Grangetown-Ryhope-Doxford Park is warranted? That's more frequent that the 21 between Newcastle-Chester.

Do those 9 include the x35?

I don't think Doxford Park needs the frequency it has at the moment to be fair - nor the surrounding areas that buses go through to get to Doxford Park...

(14 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm)Andreos1 Do those 9 include the x35?

I don't think Doxford Park needs the frequency it has at the moment to be fair - nor the surrounding areas that buses go through to get to Doxford Park...

Nope under proposals there'll be 3 extra buses with an extended 26. But Daniel is saying this will be in addition to 6 buses on the 39 each day which I just don't see, I'm suggesting the 26 will replace the short runs on the 39. I know we've been told about the 9 Versa's going to the 39; but the short runs are empty at present, so the current 39, the short runs and three buses on the 26's equals 9 buses an hour across the same route. I can't see it happening.

RE: Go North East - Latest - ... - 14 Oct 2013

Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Oct 2013

They haven't changed in this instance, as far as I'm aware - but I shall try to get it confirmed as soon as possible (though I doubt you'll believe me anyway! Wink )
I don't use the corridor enough to have a fair opinion on the Doxford Park loadings, but from what I have seen, 6 per hour from the 39 would be justifiable - 9, less so.

The proposed 26 will have a PVR of 7. If it were 4, I'd have accepted that the 39 would have a frequency of 20 minutes and that the 26 would also be adopted into the "SimpliCity" livery. Unfortunately this is not the case, and it seems more likely to me that the 26 will be allocated 7 Cadets, leaving the other 2 for the 38.

The date these consultations will be effective from is also very important - if it's next year, things can and will change with vehicles at depots. If it's this year, there's a lot less changing.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 14 Oct 2013

Your not the only one... it just doesn't seem to work for them haha

Still like the 26 idea - Every 20 mins will be a good frequency for Castletown, they haven't had that in a while.

(14 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm)dans_bus_photos Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

If this were the case, why would 8306-09 be going into "SimpliCity" livery? Surely you'd need three more going into the same livery?

(14 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm)dans_bus_photos Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

it could mean that way, would make sense - updated the 39 from earlier post.

9 - Current route - Jarrow Every 15 mins then to North shields - every 30 mins.

26 - Doxford Park - City Centre - Southwick - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - boldon Asda - Every 20 mins

X36 - Sunderland - Southwick - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Boldon ASDA - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle - every 30 mins

39 - Current route - Every 20 mins

99 - Same route/times

33 - (random number) - Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside - peak times only.
---------
26/39 - Combine to make a 10 min frequency between City Centre and Doxford Park

it depends when this is for, has anyone confirmed what Month these are planned for?

Like Daniel said - plans could change due to new buses arriving - remember their is over 100

(14 Oct 2013, 6:51 pm)Daniel They haven't changed in this instance, as far as I'm aware - but I shall try to get it confirmed as soon as possible (though I doubt you'll believe me anyway! Wink )
I don't use the corridor enough to have a fair opinion on the Doxford Park loadings, but from what I have seen, 6 per hour from the 39 would be justifiable - 9, less so.

The proposed 26 will have a PVR of 7. If it were 4, I'd have accepted that the 39 would have a frequency of 20 minutes and that the 26 would also be adopted into the "SimpliCity" livery. Unfortunately this is not the case, and it seems more likely to me that the 26 will be allocated 7 Cadets, leaving the other 2 for the 38.

The date these consultations will be effective from is also very important - if it's next year, things can and will change with vehicles at depots. If it's this year, there's a lot less changing.

Daniel here's a job try and work out which route will have what PVR on the changes proposed Wink

It certainly seems like a dog marking its territory to me.

How many buses an hour along Stockton Road are there now versus the proposals?

Does Grangetown/Ryhope/Silksworth need the stack of buses they get?

If the Doxford Park shops were the size of the Metrocentre, then the amount of buses it gets passing, may be worth it.

If workers at Doxford Intl worked on a revolving door policy, with a shift starting/finishing every few mins, then it may be worth it.
Once shifts start, the roads around Doxford Intl are like a ghost town - with the only thing standing at bus stops being empty coffee cups.

For however many years, GNE have faffed on in Sunderland, spending a fortune, but getting very little back - demonstrated by the almost constant changes to routes and services.

I give these changes 6 months before another consultation to see what passengers want.

(14 Oct 2013, 7:03 pm)Michael Daniel here's a job try and work out which route will have what PVR on the changes proposed Wink

36/36A withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 4.

X3 withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 2.

X36
PVR stays the same - at 2.

PVR is increased by 3, giving a new PVR of 7.

This ultimately depends on which depot operates it - there is potential for the service to be split between Deptford (short runs) and Percy Main (long runs), but this could also be kept at one depot wholly. If Deptford, timings would not have to change. If Percy Main, they would. Layover would have to decrease, which has the potential to affect reliability.

PVR is increased by 1 (including short runs), giving a new PVR of 9.

They don't - Stockton road and Ryhope road currently have the

23 (Arriva) - Every 30 mins
24 (Arriva) - Every 30 mins
39 - Every 10 mins
42 - Every 10 mins
60 - Every 10 mins
61 - Every 15 mins
X7 - Hourly
230 - 3 runs a day

Doxford international don't need any more buses

39 - Every 10 mins
X35 - Half Hourly
37 - Hourly

Doxford Park shops doesn't need any more buses at all (Eastbound)

4/13 - Every 10 mins (Stagecoach)
39 - Every 10 mins

also the (Westbound)

4 - Stagecoach
5/5A - 30 mins
13 - every 10 mins - Stagecoach
37 - Hourly
39 - Every 10 mins

Way to many buses...

(14 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm)Daniel 36/36A withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 4.

X3 withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 2.

X36

This ultimately depends on which depot operates it - there is potential for the service to be split between Deptford (short runs) and Percy Main (long runs), but this could also be kept at one depot wholly. If Deptford, timings would not have to change. If Percy Main, they would. Layover would have to decrease, which has the potential to affect reliability.

=D, thanks
Bet most of these go ahead, they will already have back up plans..

(14 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm)Daniel 36/36A withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 4.

X3 withdrawn
PVR is reduced by 2.

X36

X36 will be 4.

(14 Oct 2013, 7:18 pm)Michael They don't - Stockton road and Ryhope road currently have the

23 (Arriva) - Every 30 mins
24 (Arriva) - Every 30 mins
39 - Every 10 mins
42 - Every 10 mins
60 - Every 10 mins
61 - Every 15 mins
X7 - Hourly
230 - 3 runs a day

Doxford international don't need any more buses

39 - Every 10 mins
X35 - Half Hourly
37 - Hourly

Doxford Park shops doesn't need any more buses at all (Eastbound)

4/13 - Every 10 mins (Stagecoach)
39 - Every 10 mins

also the (Westbound)

4 - Stagecoach
5/5A - 30 mins
13 - every 10 mins - Stagecoach
37 - Hourly
39 - Every 10 mins

Way to many buses...

Exactly.
And looking at those proposals, there will be even more added to those areas.

(14 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 Exactly.
And looking at those proposals, there will be even more added to those areas.

Exactly - its stupid - GNE wont win in the Doxford area 4/13 also the 5/5A have that small area covered - Just Doxford International where GNE serve - which is GNE

(14 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm)CatsFast101 X36 will be 4.

Oh yes - sorry. I thought you said it was to stay at the same frequency rather than be increased to every 30 minutes.
As soon as I get my hands on the proposal leaflet, I'll scan it onto here - be easier for everyone...

(14 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm)Daniel Oh yes - sorry. I thought you said it was to stay at the same frequency rather than be increased to every 30 minutes.
As soon as I get my hands on the proposal leaflet, I'll scan it onto here - be easier for everyone...

Thank's ill be using the 2A/2C tomorrow, ill take a look on their to, you never know.

Hoping to pick up a connections 4 timetable this week on the M1

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 14 Oct 2013

All this Sunderland stuff flies right over my head. Who even knew the area had paved roads? Angel

(14 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm)Michael Exactly - its stupid - GNE wont win in the Doxford area 4/13 also the 5/5A have that small area covered - Just Doxford International where GNE serve - which is GNE

I'm racking my brains to see if there is an 'alternative' that would mean they kept a high frequency along Ryhope Road and a visibility in the other areas - but offer an alternative that in an area which hasn't been plundered already