North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 4:55 pm)JakeSavage I'd imagine light running through the tunnel won't be cheap on those short 9s.

It is possible to interwork short services with long services, it just requires timings to be altered slightly and drivers will be given less layover.
Of course, as ever, this is subject to change. I personally would have had the 9 go to Deptford fully, but this is a PVR increase of 7 to Deptford and a decrease of 4 to Percy Main...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 4:57 pm)Daniel It is possible to interwork short services with long services, it just requires timings to be altered slightly and drivers will be given less layover.
Of course, as ever, this is subject to change. I personally would have had the 9 go to Deptford fully, but this is a PVR increase of 7 to Deptford and a decrease of 4 to Percy Main...

Transfer the Omnicity's to Deptford?

(16 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm)W179SCU Transfer the Omnicity's to Deptford?

Like I say, I think the plan is to keep the 9 at Percy Main - despite what I would love to happen.

On another note...

PB0003954/267 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blackhall Mill, Mill Race and St Thomas More RC Comp School given service number 854 effective from 21-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm)mattdw92 Attached photo of one of the three.

I thought it was gonna be in green anyways I think the livery will look epic plus my mate Chris Collins will get an upgrade on his local route he lives on 60 route anyways today I've seen a metrolink Scania on 88/88A what will be most likely the last time as from Sunday it will be connection 4 and an even rarer working a Quaylink on 58 which will in a month or so be a versa route ironically enough

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 5:16 pm)CitaroFavourite I thought it was gonna be in green anyways I think the livery will look epic plus my mate Chris Collins will get an upgrade on his local route he lives on 60 route anyways today I've seen a metrolink Scania on 88/88A what will be most likely the last time as from Sunday it will be connection 4 and an even rarer working a Quaylink on 58 which will in a month or so be a versa route ironically enough

That's truly amazing, never heard more informative information! - I'm just fascinated!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 5:23 pm)W179SCU That's truly amazing, never heard more informative information! - I'm just fascinated!

Ahahahahahaha! That actually made me chuckle!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Oct 2013

*faceplam*

We need a smiley thing for it!

Just to let everyone know, Ill be getting a upgrade also a Monday and Tuesday when the M1 is upgraded to Citaro's!

Also near end of the year for the 56!

Maybe also New buses on my local route to! (Stagecoach)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 16 Oct 2013

[quote='Daniel' pid='16608' dateline='1381943736']

Like I say, I think the plan is to keep the 9 at Percy Main - despite what I would love to happen.

From looking at the Allocations for Percy Main do they even have an Extra 3 Buses to Allocate to the 9. As at the minute the 9 has been Allocated pretty much anything that's available.

And I'm in agreement with Daniel that the 9 should be moved over to Deptford and have it use the following.

x4 - Omnicity (5247/48/49 and 5274)
x3 - Solars (4964/65 From Washington) and 4944 From Chester le Street

And then have the Silver Arrows transferred to Washington and the South Tyne over to Percy Main.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 16 Oct 2013

Upgrades...

Where's my goddamn solars

(16 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm)GTM Upgrades...

They may or may not be receiving branding over the next few days, from tomorrow... Rolleyes

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 16 Oct 2013

anyone goin to the galleries tmoz real radio and gne there to do with the 4

http://www.simplygo.com/news/fancy-winning-250-worth-of-bus-travel-with-connections-4-and-real-radio

on another note

http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-supports-sir-bobbys-breakthrough-online-auction

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm)GTM Upgrades...

Heard since there has been such an outcry about the DAF's been withdrawn they are going to be kept on the 28 for another couple of years at least Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm)citaro5284 Heard since there has been such an outcry about the DAF's been withdrawn they are going to be kept on the 28 for another couple of years at least Tongue

I know, my plans for a DAF farewell running day have been knocked for six as a result ! Huh

Daniel, Bazza, may you both rot in a Caetano Compass infested hell Angel

RE: Go North East - Latest - Washingtonian - 16 Oct 2013

Since I started driving, I have only used the bus a few times and I haven't been on a DAF for ages. The last time I used one was probably around 6 years ago when they would appear on the 50. They were not bad to travel on back then. Have they deteriorated badly or something over the last few years? Just wondering why they are hated so much. Cheers

(16 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm)Washingtonian Since I started driving, I have only used the bus a few times and I haven't been on a DAF for ages. The last time I used one was probably around 6 years ago when they would appear on the 50. They were not bad to travel on back then. Have they deteriorated badly or something over the last few years? Just wondering why they are hated so much. Cheers

They are unreliable, juddering, overheating, slow, lumbering pieces of junk. The condensation created inside literally floods the seats, they leak like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg, they are too hot inside and handle roads about as well as a Tiny Tikes car.

Oh and the seats are paperthin, there's no legroom and they quite frankly smell weird

I'm sure some of them were rather pleasant when they did that airport work. A few years of being battered up and down the wilds and wannies of County Durham and Newcastle Bank have done them in

(16 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm)Washingtonian Since I started driving, I have only used the bus a few times and I haven't been on a DAF for ages. The last time I used one was probably around 6 years ago when they would appear on the 50. They were not bad to travel on back then. Have they deteriorated badly or something over the last few years? Just wondering why they are hated so much. Cheers

I personally don't mind them, more so the Waggonway as opposed to the Lambton Worms (crikey, they don't half make some noise when stationary!)
Perhaps if my Mercs were replaced on the 2A by them, my feelings towards them would change quite significantly.

RE: Go North East - Latest - JakeSavage - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 4:57 pm)Dan It is possible to interwork short services with long services, it just requires timings to be altered slightly and drivers will be given less layover.

Think you'd best have a look at that on paper. You can't cut 15 minutes running/layover time out of the North Shields - Sunderland buses, so unless theyre increasing pvr to 8, they'll have to operate them as two seperate cycles 4 buses + 3 buses).

(16 Oct 2013, 7:50 pm)JakeSavage Think you'd best have a look at that on paper. You can't cut 15 minutes running/layover time out of the North Shields - Sunderland buses, so unless theyre increasing pvr to 8, they'll have to operate them as two seperate cycles 4 buses + 3 buses).

I worked out the PVR as 7 when I used current timings and worked out that if those were to be retained, the short and normal runs would not interwork.
I have since been told that it is possible to keep it as PVR 7 while interworking them - I've not looked at the timings I was given myself, but it sounded above board. Will have a look tomorrow though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm)GTM They are unreliable, juddering, overheating, slow, lumbering pieces of junk. The condensation created inside literally floods the seats, they leak like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg, they are too hot inside and handle roads about as well as a Tiny Tikes car.

Oh and the seats are paperthin, there's no legroom and they quite frankly smell weird

I'm sure some of them were rather pleasant when they did that airport work. A few years of being battered up and down the wilds and wannies of County Durham and Newcastle Bank have done them in

Imagine (if you can) when the original GNE versions were pride of the fleet operating the x66?!
It is hard and difficult, but back in the day, it happened.

Even back then, they were sh!te