North East Buses
2015/16 Football Season - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2015/16 Football Season (/showthread.php?tid=1497)

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 25 Aug 2015

Good results in the Cup tonight

Sunderland 6-3 Exeter City
Newcastle 4-1 Northampton

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 25 Aug 2015

(25 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm)MrFozz Good results in the Cup tonight

Sunderland 6-3 Exeter City
Newcastle 4-1 Northampton

Still 3 goals against us though... need to sort it out and quick.

Boro also won

(25 Aug 2015, 9:35 pm)Michael Still 3 goals against us though... need to sort it out and quick.

Boro also won
My old man would tell say 'It does not matter how you win, all that matters is that you do'

Next Round has been drawn...North East Fixtures are

Sunderland v Man City
Newcastle v Sheff Wed
Middlesbrough v Wolves

I could not see SAFC and NUFC at home the same night that week, Man City and Sheff Wed is a much bigger fixture than Exter and Northampton respectively

Some tasty games there

Aston Villa v Birmingham
Arsenal v Tottenham
Liverpool v Carlisle
Wallsall v Chelsea

(25 Aug 2015, 9:47 pm)Michael We're fucked Man City - least we're at home.

Both NE teams are at home again
Not necessarily mate, they turned Chelsea and Man Utd in the 2014 Cup Run, and they have a decent record against Citeh in the last few years

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 25 Aug 2015

(25 Aug 2015, 9:48 pm)MrFozz Next Round has been drawn...North East Fixtures are

Sunderland v Man City
Newcastle v Sheff Wed
Middlesbrough v Wolves

I could not see SAFC and NUFC at home the same night that week, Man City and Sheff Wed is a much bigger fixture than Exter and Northampton respectively

Some tasty games there

Aston Villa v Birmingham
Arsenal v Tottenham
Liverpool v Carlisle
Wallsall v Chelsea

Defo, probables be Tuesday and Wednesday.

Did anyone know the Europa League Qualification has changed...FA Cup Runners-Up no longer qualify when the winner has already qualified for Europe that spot now goes to the next league position who has not aready qualified

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Diamond One - 27 Aug 2015

UEFA Champions League Draw is:
Group G Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Tel Aviv
Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dynamo Zagreb
Group B: PSV, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg
Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Mönchengladbach

GROUP A
Paris(FRA)
Real Madrid(ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR)
Malmö(SWE)

GROUP B
PSV(NED)
Man. United(ENG)
CSKA Moskva(RUS)
Wolfsburg(GER)

GROUP C
Benfica(POR)
Atlético(ESP)
Galatasaray(TUR)
Astana(KAZ)

GROUP D
Juventus(ITA)
Man. City(ENG)
Sevilla(ESP)
Mönchengladbach(GER)

GROUP E
Barcelona(ESP)
Leverkusen(GER)
Roma(ITA)
BATE(BLR)

GROUP F
Bayern(GER)
Arsenal(ENG)
Olympiacos(GRE)
Dinamo Zagreb(CRO)

GROUP G
Chelsea(ENG)
Porto(POR)
Dynamo Kyiv(UKR)
M. Tel-Aviv(ISR)

GROUP H
Zenit(RUS)
Valencia(ESP)
Lyon(FRA)
Gent(BEL)

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 28 Aug 2015

Sunderland sign Ola Toivonen - The attacking midfielder joins the Black Cats on a season-long loan from French Ligue 1 side Rennes.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2015/august/sunderland-sign-ola-toivonen

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Michael - 29 Aug 2015

Newcastle down to 10 men - Aleksandar Mitrovic sent off

My god Newcastle are dirty this season

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MurdnunoC - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm)Michael Newcastle down to 10 men - Aleksandar Mitrovic sent off

Not always a bad thing in my opinion but Mitrovic needs to tone it down a little otherwise he's not going to be playing much football this season.

(29 Aug 2015, 12:25 pm)MurdnunoC Not always a bad thing in my opinion but Mitrovic needs to tone it down a little otherwise he's not going to be playing much football this season.

Its not but if they don't the club will get fined, like Sunderland did last season.

Lee Cattermole has calmed down a lot the last few seasons... which is good.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - mb134 - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm)Michael Newcastle down to 10 men - Aleksandar Mitrovic sent off

Think he's a tad unlucky there, definitely a yellow, but a red? Don't think he's gone in with intentions, referee has had a shocker. 

Missed a blatant Arsenal penalty earlier on too.

(29 Aug 2015, 12:36 pm)mb134 Think he's a tad unlucky there, definitely a yellow, but a red? Don't think he's gone in with intentions, referee has had a shocker. 

Missed a blatant Arsenal penalty earlier on too.

Sissko or however u spell it, should of being sent off but the red card was harsh...

6 yellow cards and a red today for Newcastle.

(29 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm)Michael Sissko or however u spell it, should of being sent off but the red card was harsh...

6 yellow cards and a red today for Newcastle.

Sissoko's wasn't a red either, not a chance. 

Coloccini shouldn't have been booked at the end either, great challenge.

(29 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm)mb134 Sissoko's wasn't a red either, not a chance. 

Coloccini shouldn't have been booked at the end either, great challenge.

It was, he stamped the player.... sad to see both NE teams struggling.. 

Newcastle: 50m spent and showing nothing... 

Sunderland - same old shit, spends fuck all, struggles....

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - Andreos1 - 29 Aug 2015

(29 Aug 2015, 1:42 pm)Michael It was, he stamped the player.... sad to see both NE teams struggling.. 

I am not sure about Newcastle showing nothing.
Thought they did reasonable today, playing against a team that will be up there come the end of the season.
Krul was hardly tested at all in the first half, despite all the possession Arsenal had.

Newcastle haven't had the easiest start to the season, playing Southampton, Man Utd and Arsenal - but certainly haven't disgraced themselves.  3 goals conceded against 3 decent teams isn't bad going.

(29 Aug 2015, 1:42 pm)Michael It was, he stamped the player.... sad to see both NE teams struggling.. 

Shall have to agree to disagree on the red card, and Sissoko's yellow then ;Wink

Newcastle wise, we've had a very difficult start, which included fantastic draws to Southampton and Man U. I expected Swansea to beat us, and an Arsenal win today, so I'm not at all disappointed. We're far better drilled than I can remember, and we actually look like we're capable of fighting for games, something lacking recently. 

Regarding Sunderland, your manager put the entire team up for sale, and you conceded 3 to Exeter Wink Oh, and your sponsors have you as relegation favourites...

(29 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm)mb134 Shall have to agree to disagree on the red card, and Sissoko's yellow then ;Wink

Newcastle wise, we've had a very difficult start, which included fantastic draws to Southampton and Man U. I expected Swansea to beat us, and an Arsenal win today, so I'm not at all disappointed. We're far better drilled than I can remember, and we actually look like we're capable of fighting for games, something lacking recently. 

Regarding Sunderland, your manager put the entire team up for sale, and you conceded 3 to Exeter Wink Oh, and your sponsors have you as relegation favourites...

Do u blame him, once again were showing we have no idea.... no doubt he'll walk.

RE: 2015/16 Football Season - MrFozz - 29 Aug 2015

From the clips I have seen, Mitrovic stamps on the other guys ankle and did not look like he tried to play the ball, a red card all day long...What do people expect from a player who 'makes balotelli look normal'

Will wait till I see MOTD tonight