North East Buses
New service X11 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: New service X11 (/showthread.php?tid=3306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: New service X11 - Dan - 20 Apr 2021

(20 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm)mb134 While the intentions of the driver were probably for the best of the passengers, I simply don't quite see how he's decided that he isn't meant to follow the timetable/route given that I'd assume he has a running board and has followed the route/timings to the letter southbound. 

Just to be clear, while my GCT remark in an earlier post was somewhat tongue in cheek, I'd still expect better route/timetable adherence from GNE given it wasn't a one off. Additionally, I've made it clear in the past that it baffles me how their cowboy operation continues to be awarded contracts ahead of other independents and/or GNE/ANE/SNE - in my eyes their complete lack of transparency in terms of service data is beyond a joke.

I'm struggling to understand how you don't see it?

The service has a very clear intention: southbound to take passengers to Whitby and Scarborough, northbound to take passengers back home (which, contrary to what streetdeckfan says, is almost guaranteed to be the place which they boarded). We have previously discussed that this service isn't intended for passengers to make local journeys, as that's the intention of the long established X9/X10 services, and, if the service runs to its timetable, it is scheduled 10 minutes behind an X9/X10 service, so would be unlikely to pick up any passengers wishing to make local journeys anyway.

The driver has seemingly wrongly assumed, similar to other members of this forum such as cbma06 in his previous post, that because the northbound service is effectively 'drop off only', that it'd be acceptable to miss out sections of the route, in the interests of getting his passengers home earlier. This is akin to what a coach would do, and it's clear why there'd be some confusion (as this is effectively a bus service which is a day trip). On Sunday this was remedied by Go North East's Service Delivery Centre with the driver waiting time at Peterlee and you can bet top dollar that the driver's confusion has now been cleared up.

(20 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm)mb134 I've seen the explanation for the bus waiting time on Sunday at Peterlee, as well as the reassurance that this coming weekend should be without problem - I've not seen any explanation as to how it was completely missed on Saturday and allowed to happen again on Sunday.

Who am I to explain it? Nobody on this forum is here to explain it, I am merely providing hypothetical situations.

Perhaps the Service Delivery Centre didn't notice the early operation on Saturday because they were dealing with incidents on the network, breakdowns, or a spate of heavy vandalism? The supervisors in Go North East's Service Delivery Centre are only human and may have needed to prioritise other work - who knows?!

RE: New service X11 - mb134 - 20 Apr 2021

(20 Apr 2021, 7:25 pm)Dan I'm struggling to understand how you don't see it?

Who am I to explain it? Nobody on this forum is here to explain it, I am merely providing hypothetical situations.

Perhaps the Service Delivery Centre didn't notice the early operation on Saturday because they were dealing with incidents on the network, breakdowns, or a spate of heavy vandalism? The supervisors in Go North East's Service Delivery Centre are only human and may have needed to prioritise other work - who knows?!

If I've been given a document to follow at work, I'd follow it. How an experienced bus driver could just ignore a running board with timing points is strange, especially given that dedicated coach style tourism services currently aren't allowed and that you'd hope it was made clear beforehand this is a bus service. 

As I said in my last post, I'll simply acknowledge that it was missed and this weekend will be fine. Doesn't say a lot about the robustness of the service delivery centre though.

RE: New service X11 - Rapidsnap - 20 Apr 2021

Mistakes happen, if the same mistakes happen repeatidly then it becomes a problem because they aren't learning from them. Of course there will be a few teething issies with the first weekend. Now the driver know it's now a no no to do what he did, he shouldn't end up repeating the same mistake.

RE: New service X11 - Andreos1 - 20 Apr 2021

(20 Apr 2021, 7:01 pm)Dan  
I'd suggest deciding to omit two stops because nobody used them on one day is pretty drastic.

Passengers were picked up from Middlesbrough both northbound (as a local journey, because it was early as someone has mentioned already) and southbound, on Saturday, but hey... Let's omit those stops because they weren't used on Sunday! Not drastic at all?  Confused

At what point did anyone say that it should stop serving those places after two days?
I'm struggling to see any mention of that, from anyone other than yourself.

RE: New service X11 - Dan - 21 Apr 2021

(20 Apr 2021, 9:02 pm)Andreos1 At what point did anyone say that it should stop serving those places after two days?
I'm struggling to see any mention of that, from anyone other than yourself.

The section I quoted originally in your post here - you give two options:

If those locations aren't proving popular, then they need to do something about attracting passengers from them (such as allowing local journeys or looking at the ticketing arrangements), or omit them completely. In both directions. 

It has already been discussed at length that the purpose of this service is to take to people to Whitby and Scarborough southbound, and for those same people to travel back home northbound. It has already been discussed at length that this is why standard X9/X10 day tickets, multi-use operator tickets and concessionary tickets are not valid for travel, so anything else is a "Brucie Bonus" given it's not being actively promoted for all the aforementioned reasons regarding social distancing.

That means that the only option you've left with them with is to 'omit them completely. In both directions' - after two days. Seems very drastic to me.

RE: New service X11 - Andreos1 - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 8:04 am)Dan The section I quoted originally in your post here - you give two options:

It has already been discussed at length that the purpose of this service is to take to people to Whitby and Scarborough southbound, and for those same people to travel back home northbound. It has already been discussed at length that this is why standard X9/X10 day tickets, multi-use operator tickets and concessionary tickets are not valid for travel.

That means that the only option you've left with them with is to 'omit them completely. In both directions' - after two days. Seems very drastic to me. 

Big Grin

If you say so! 

Big Grin

New service X11 - Adrian - 21 Apr 2021

Nevermind special tickets for the X11... can I have a ticket to this ideal world that people seem to live in, where operational issues *never* happen? It sounds far better than the real world...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: New service X11 - streetdeckfan - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 8:14 am)Adrian Nevermind special tickets for the X11... can I have a ticket to this ideal world that people seem to live in, where operational issues *never* happen? It sounds far better than the real world...

That 'ideal world' sounds awful, what would we complain about!

RE: New service X11 - Clifton Hignett III - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 8:14 am)Adrian Nevermind special tickets for the X11... can I have a ticket to this ideal world that people seem to live in, where operational issues *never* happen? It sounds far better than the real world...

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have been ripped off by the man who introduced himself as 'Derek Woddle' on the day of the launch. The T-shirt I purchased has fallen apart after a few days.

I guess the moral of the story is don't buy stuff sold from a suitcase.

RE: New service X11 - Andreos1 - 21 Apr 2021

Surely that would mean the forum would end up full of sycophants with very little discussion, opinion or debate?

Unless we are getting to the stage, where we are being told we can't discuss certain things for fear of 'insiders from certain operators' running off or  withholding information - again.

(21 Apr 2021, 8:39 am)Clifton Hignett III In an ideal world, I wouldn't have been ripped off by the man who introduced himself as 'Derek Woddle' on the day of the launch. The T-shirt I purchased has fallen apart after a few days.

I guess the moral of the story is don't buy stuff sold from a suitcase.

Was it a special X11 launch t-shirt?

RE: New service X11 - Clifton Hignett III - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 8:59 am)Andreos1 Was it a special X11 launch t-shirt?

Yes it was.

Usually I'm not the sort of person who goes for this type of tat. But perhaps it was the sunny morning; the carnival atmosphere; or even those two buses who were smoking dope (allegedly), which made me dip my hand into my pocket and buy something commemorative to remember the day.

I'm just glad I didn't buy one of those discount Buzzfares he was flogging.

RE: New service X11 - Adrian - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 8:59 am)Andreos1 Unless we are getting to the stage, where we are being told we can't discuss certain things for fear of 'insiders from certain operators' running off or  withholding information - again.

Nope. I didn't say that - nor would I!

I just think this ideal world sounds a lot more chilled than the real one

RE: New service X11 - Micheal Aaron Parker - 21 Apr 2021

People need to calm down about this X11. Ever since it got announced there has been so many people complain about it. How it went from it looks similar to the X9/X10 and people will get confused. The name change from X Lines to Seasider. Then to it missing out one stop along the route. Nobody will get confused about this service bar us enthusiasts. Like it's been stated. It starts somewhere completely different in town. It's using 6377. A charcoal X Lines. With no branding of any route whatsoever. The name change to Seasider is better so it wouldn't get confused with X Lines. This entire agument/ debate is going nowhere

RE: New service X11 - dwoddle - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 9:16 am)Clifton Hignett III Yes it was.

Usually I'm not the sort of person who goes for this type of tat. But perhaps it was the sunny morning; the carnival atmosphere; or even those two buses who were smoking dope (allegedly), which made me dip my hand into my pocket and buy something commemorative to remember the day.

I'm just glad I didn't buy one of those discount Buzzfares he was flogging.

Plonked my 'arras down in the Grey Nags Head in Gateshead and some geezer tells me someone is taking my name in vain on the NEB Forum.

Those t-shirts I was selling the other day were pukka and I won't hear another word said about them. If they fell apart then you must have misread the instructions which state "Do not wear or wash". Needless to say you won't be getting a refund and any further attempt to slander my good name will be dealt with by my lawyers.

Now, I have some Covid vaccines to sell.

1 for £3 or 3 for a Pfizer.

PM me if anyone is interested.

RE: New service X11 - Michael - 21 Apr 2021

This is getting very repetitive now and boring..... they try something new and all people are doing are slagging it off... at least they've actually tried unlike Arriva and Stagecoach - which have done sod all throughout of the pandemic.

RE: New service X11 - pbjd - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 10:14 am)Michael This is getting very repetitive now and boring..... they try something new and all people are doing are slagging it off... at least they've actually tried unlike Arriva and Stagecoach - which have done sod all throughout of the pandemic.

Maybe because during a pandemic they want to make as little loss as possible?

RE: New service X11 - omnicity4659 - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 9:53 am)Micheal Aaron Parker People need to calm down about this X11. Ever since it got announced there has been so many people complain about it. How it went from it looks similar to the X9/X10 and people will get confused. The name change from X Lines to Seasider. Then to it missing out one stop along the route. Nobody will get confused about this service bar us enthusiasts. Like it's been stated. It starts somewhere completely different in town. It's using 6377. A charcoal X Lines. With no branding of any route whatsoever. The name change to Seasider is better so it wouldn't get confused with X Lines. This entire agument/ debate is going nowhere

The whole point of a forum is to discuss subjects, good or bad, and to dive deeper into the specifics.

Ever since you've joined you appear to be hostile to anyone talking negatively about Go North East, but you're happy to take a swing at other operators. Is nobody allowed to discuss or criticise Go North East in the same way that Arriva, Gateshead Central Taxis and Stagecoach are?

New service X11 - Jimmi - 21 Apr 2021

Ever since I first became aware of the X11's existence, I have questioned as to whether the service will be a success or not with me leaning on the side of not but would be happy to be proven wrong on this occasion, we will just have to see how things pan out to see if their efforts succeeded or not...

Regardless of opinions, you somewhat have to admire the drive to try to make some changes and launch new stuff in the current landscape, I'm not convinced some of these investments will pay off and to an extent believe that Arriva and Stagecoach's current plan to do as little as possible will pay off more in the long run albeit with some losses, again we will have to wait and see what happens there too...

This probably says more about my cynical way of thinking more than owt else

RE: New service X11 - NewcastleOne - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 10:14 am)Michael This is getting very repetitive now and boring..... they try something new and all people are doing are slagging it off... at least they've actually tried unlike Arriva and Stagecoach - which have done sod all throughout of the pandemic.
I wouldn’t necessarily say that they done ‘sod all’. Arriva and Stagecoach have added extra capacity and have partnered alongside GNE to provide duplicates. While not a lot and certainly nothing like the X11 it’s the little things that sometimes matter. (Although that can also be applied to the state vehicles, cough cough Arriva)

Each company will have their financial constraints and their reasons but we don’t know how the pandemic has affected each company, you could say they all serve different markets and locations that will each be affected in a different way. Because Arriva hasn’t done what GNE has it doesn’t mean they don’t want too or have plans to do something in the future, we are just getting back. 
Note:This is not saying that GNE has done better or worse during the pandemic just adding a different viewpoint.

RE: New service X11 - Micheal Aaron Parker - 21 Apr 2021

(21 Apr 2021, 12:31 pm)omnicity4659 The whole point of a forum is to discuss subjects, good or bad, and to dive deeper into the specifics.

Ever since you've joined you appear to be hostile to anyone talking negatively about Go North East, but you're happy to take a swing at other operators. Is nobody allowed to discuss or criticise Go North East in the same way that Arriva, Gateshead Central Taxis and Stagecoach are?
Why would I be hostile to other groups. I like each one each way. I have had a dig at GNE for there little coasters amongst others. I love gne there my favourite company as well are the others. I don't take the pick at the rest

(21 Apr 2021, 1:58 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker Why would I be hostile to other groups. I like each one each way. I have had a dig at GNE for there little coasters amongst others. I love gne there my favourite company as well are the others. I don't take the pick at the rest. 

And no I haven't been nit picking at anyone talking negative about GNE