North East Buses
Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm)streetdeckfan Does that mean we'll be back to Omnidekkas on the X21?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Chester-le-Street don't have any OmniDekkas, so no. They do however have a fleet livery StreetDeck as the spare bus for the X21, and Voyager branded Volvo B9s if there's more than one X-lines bus off service.

6377 was only ever at Chester-le-Street as a temporary measure to assist while the Voyager branded Volvo B9s had tachographs fitted and calibrated.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 1:53 pm)Dan Chester-le-Street don't have any OmniDekkas, so no. They do however have a fleet livery StreetDeck as the spare bus for the X21, and Voyager branded Volvo B9s if there's more than one X-lines bus off service.

6377 was only ever at Chester-le-Street as a temporary measure to assist while the Voyager branded Volvo B9s had tachographs fitted and calibrated.

Is there a wider strategy for the 'Voyager' branded deckers? When the first couple were done, I assumed they'd be for what was the special events fleet in the past, but it seems they're just another spare vehicle when required.

I wonder if this causes any confusion for customers, as the Voyager brand doesn't mention 'Go North East' at all? Whereas I believe all other brands have a prominent GNE logo on the front, rear and each side.

(07 Mar 2022, 2:13 pm)Train8261 If the Volvo B9 Voyager are not for hire. They could be used for the 25. Just a thought

[Image: 1pymhv.jpg]

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 07 Mar 2022

The x22 branded decker was on the 25 on Saturday. least its getting a run out

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Tiger5105 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm)streetdeckfan Does that mean we'll be back to Omnidekkas on the X21?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Since the X45/46 service changes, am I right in thinking there's 4 surplus streetdecks in light green backs? In theory 6331 to 6333 and one of the new batch could move. Is the reason they haven't moved due to the reliability issues with the B5 hybrids and the fact there's regularly 3-4 out of service at a time and 6045 being long term VOR for the Red Kite Ranger, meaning they are regularly used on these services.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

(07 Mar 2022, 3:53 pm)Tiger5105 Since the X45/46 service changes, am I right in thinking there's 4 surplus streetdecks in light green backs? In theory 6331 to 6333 and one of the new batch could move. Is the reason they haven't moved due to the reliability issues with the B5 hybrids and the fact there's regularly 3-4 out of service at a time and 6045 being long term VOR for the Red Kite Ranger, meaning they are regularly used on these services.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Yes, that's right - although the reason they haven't moved isn't just down to the Hybrids. There's also 4x ADL E400 off service at the moment, and no capacity within the paintshop to paint them!

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Drifter60 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 10:51 am)Kuyoyo Looking at the timetable
Peterlee journeys leave Newcastle during the day at xx11 and xx47, the Dalton Park journey departs at xx35 with the xx23 and xx59 terminating at Easington Lane.
Easington Lane terminating journeys have 14 minute layovers at Easington Lane while the Dalton Park trip and the Peterlee journeys have 5 minutes turnaround at the southern end of their route.
The last weekday journey to Dalton Park leaves Newcastle at 1632 (presently 1734) while it will be 1535 on Saturdays (presently 1719). Peterlee meanwhile goes from a last Newcastle departure of 1810 weekday (1749 Saturdays) to two later journeys at 1905 and 2230 From Dalton Park, the last trips are 1719 weekdays and 1707 on Saturdays (currently 1905 weekdays and 1836 Saturdays).
Sunday service is uplifted to every 20 minutes between Newcastle and The Galleries - from there, two an hour continue to Easington Lane from where one an hour extends to Peterlee. Sunday evening journeys remain hourly but the 2300 from Newcastle is extended to Peterlee

Is the X1 trying to do too many things at once? The Sunday service whilst a good uplift from Newcastle to Washington, it means Washington to Easington Lane is left with two buses an hour still but now not equally split, with a 40 minute gap, arguably a lot worse than they have now.

Dalton Park link seems to have been cut a lot too, I almost wonder why they’ve bothered continue it? Looking at the timetable seems to be just operationally convenient.

I still maintain that the X1 is confusing now “X1 to Easington Lane, Dalton Park, Peterlee, Washington Galleries” you sort of need to know the exact route of each variation, just to know will this one get you home!

The 55s days seems to be numbered. The X1 offering two buses an hour means it’s not as needed on that Houghton to Peterlee corridor as much. Plus it’s been took out of Doxford International outside peak times, so is just doing exactly the same as the 20/X20 do on daytime runs. So it’s now just duplicating other routes across all sections. I wonder if once the 20 goes back to normal timetable, it’ll be a case of “the 55 is no longer needed as we’ve increased our popular X1 and 20 services across all sections of the 55 route”. Peterlee to Sunderland passengers have the X6 as the quicker option in any case.

(07 Mar 2022, 4:49 pm)Drifter60 The 55s days seems to be numbered. The X1 offering two buses an hour means it’s not as needed on that Houghton to Peterlee corridor as much. Plus it’s been took out of Doxford International outside peak times, so is just doing exactly the same as the 20/X20 do on daytime runs. So it’s now just duplicating other routes across all sections. I wonder if once the 20 goes back to normal timetable, it’ll be a case of “the 55 is no longer needed as we’ve increased our popular X1 and 20 services across all sections of the 55 route”. Peterlee to Sunderland passengers have the X6 as the quicker option in any case.

Tend to agree with this. It feels like there's too much running on the A182 between Houghton and the A19. X1/55 running 4 buses an hour throughout, the 62/62A adding a further two buses an hour from Easington Lane, and then the 35 providing two buses an hour between Houghton and Hetton.

The 55 is probably the easiest to cull, given it shares most of its route with the 20/X20 and I think would only leave a section of Silksworth without. Having said that, it wouldn't be too difficult to replace it by extending the 2/2A deeper into Silksworth.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Omega54 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 10:51 am)Kuyoyo Looking at the timetable
Peterlee journeys leave Newcastle during the day at xx11 and xx47, the Dalton Park journey departs at xx35 with the xx23 and xx59 terminating at Easington Lane.
Easington Lane terminating journeys have 14 minute layovers at Easington Lane while the Dalton Park trip and the Peterlee journeys have 5 minutes turnaround at the southern end of their route.
The last weekday journey to Dalton Park leaves Newcastle at 1632 (presently 1734) while it will be 1535 on Saturdays (presently 1719). Peterlee meanwhile goes from a last Newcastle departure of 1810 weekday (1749 Saturdays) to two later journeys at 1905 and 2230 From Dalton Park, the last trips are 1719 weekdays and 1707 on Saturdays (currently 1905 weekdays and 1836 Saturdays).
Sunday service is uplifted to every 20 minutes between Newcastle and The Galleries - from there, two an hour continue to Easington Lane from where one an hour extends to Peterlee. Sunday evening journeys remain hourly but the 2300 from Newcastle is extended to Peterlee
Honestly I think it would have been a better move to extend the X1 to Seaham, and the last X1's to Dalton Park being at 5-6pm is a bit crap, I think if they were extended to Seaham. But also the last departure on a Saturday being so early. And not even a service. If the X1 was extended to Seaham more people would use it, and to not even have a service on a Sunday is a bit ridiculous. I also think the X10 extension to Seaham, wouldn't do much to harm passengers as if they haven't chose to get the train a extra 10 mins isn't going to push them and get more passengers as it is roughly faster than the train, and 1/3 of the price.

(07 Mar 2022, 5:32 pm)Adrian Tend to agree with this. It feels like there's too much running on the A182 between Houghton and the A19. X1/55 running 4 buses an hour throughout, the 62/62A adding a further two buses an hour from Easington Lane, and then the 35 providing two buses an hour between Houghton and Hetton.

The 55 is probably the easiest to cull, given it shares most of its route with the 20/X20 and I think would only leave a section of Silksworth without. Having said that, it wouldn't be too difficult to replace it by extending the 2/2A deeper into Silksworth.

The 55 hasn't served Silksworth since the 33 was reinstated - appreciating the 33 has been on and off more times over the years than you and I put together have had bacon sarnies!

There's no unique sections of route on the 55 other than the peak-time link to Doxford International - arguably the link to Sunderland exists with the 39, it's just towards Houghton-le-Spring where there is no alternative.

(07 Mar 2022, 5:40 pm)Dan The 55 hasn't served Silksworth since the 33 was reinstated - appreciating the 33 has been on and off more times over the years than you and I put together have had bacon sarnies!

There's no unique sections of route on the 55 other than the peak-time link to Doxford International - arguably the link to Sunderland exists with the 39, it's just towards Houghton-le-Spring where there is no alternative.
GNE could try something new with the 55, taking it from Peterlee. Sherburn, Low Pittington, Houghton, Sunderland.

So with the X1 going back to old times, I wonder if the 20 will stay at every 15 mins. 

Personally I would put the Sunderland - Durham at every 10 mins, with 3ph extending to South Shields.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 5:39 pm)Omega54 I also think the X10 extension to Seaham, wouldn't do much to harm passengers as if they haven't chose to get the train a extra 10 mins isn't going to push them and get more passengers as it is roughly faster than the train, and 1/3 of the price.
That's one hell of a diversion. You're adding at least 15 minutes to the total journey time (assuming it's going along the Sea Front, and depending on route), forcing buses along Seaton Lane which is incredibly congested and at times can take you 10-15 minutes just to get from the A19 to the crossroads at the school, and it'll use the horrific sliproads and associated junctions at Seaton, which are bad enough in a car.

Wouldn't it just be better to offer through tickets for the X6?

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 5:43 pm)Omega54 GNE could try something new with the 55, taking it from Peterlee. Sherburn, Low Pittington, Houghton, Sunderland.

So with the X1 going back to old times, I wonder if the 20 will stay at every 15 mins. 

Personally I would put the Sunderland - Durham at every 10 mins, with 3ph extending to South Shields.

The x20 could divert via Doxford to do the peak runs on the 55 if the 55 set to be withdrawn

I would of extended the 35 from low moorsley to sherburn via low and high pittington

I would chop the 20 at Sunderland and have the x20 going to shields, and chop the x20 at Durham and extend the 204/204a ( change number) to Langley park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 5:53 pm)F114TML That's one hell of a diversion. You're adding at least 15 minutes to the total journey time (assuming it's going along the Sea Front, and depending on route), forcing buses along Seaton Lane which is incredibly congested and at times can take you 10-15 minutes just to get from the A19 to the crossroads at the school, and it'll use the horrific sliproads and associated junctions at Seaton, which are bad enough in a car.

You would think an operator with an ounce of common sense would find out where those cars are going to and from and work out why the once hourly 71 gets stuck in there every single day.
Maybe doing something about it.

They can only come and go in one of two directions and I'd hazard a guess that a big chunk are travelling between Seaham and Doxford Park. 
Two buses or a bit of inconvenience in the car on Seaton Lane? Hmm. Its a toughy.

(07 Mar 2022, 5:55 pm)cbma06 The x20 could divert via Doxford to do the peak runs on the 55 if the 55 set to be withdrawn

I would of extended the 35 from low moorsley to sherburn via low and high pittington

I would chop the 20 at Sunderland and have the x20 going to shields, and chop the x20 at Durham and extend the 204/204a ( change number) to Langley park

I wouldn't put the X20 to Shields as there is enough demand for every 20 mins, but too much for every 30 mins, and it isn't really an express tbh from Sunderland to South Sheilds. And When I have been on the X20 the amount of people that stay on especially coming from new College Durham is highly surprising. 

Could you not have a 39/39A/40/40A they are loops around Doxford Park-Doxford Park the same way each one goes now, just its. a loop and a new 40/40A would do the other way. As that would give a lot of of a direct service.

(07 Mar 2022, 5:53 pm)F114TML That's one hell of a diversion. You're adding at least 15 minutes to the total journey time (assuming it's going along the Sea Front, and depending on route), forcing buses along Seaton Lane which is incredibly congested and at times can take you 10-15 minutes just to get from the A19 to the crossroads at the school, and it'll use the horrific sliproads and associated junctions at Seaton, which are bad enough in a car.

Possibly, but you could just do it to the Mill Inn. And It would be used as it is roughly faster than the train. Yes it can get busy but with it being every hour, if you time it to come at around 17:00 to Middlesbrough it should just miss it.

(07 Mar 2022, 5:58 pm)Andreos1 You would think an operator with an ounce of common sense would find out where those cars are going to and from and work out why the once hourly 71 gets stuck in there every single day.
Maybe doing something about it.

They can only come and go in one of two directions and I'd hazard a guess that a big chunk are travelling between Seaham and Doxford Park. 
Two buses or a bit of inconvenience in the car on Seaton Lane? Hmm. Its a toughy.
Maybe that could be a 55 route, Sunderland - Doxford - Seaham Harbour - Easington - Peterlee. Or do a seperate X60, which goes from Parkside, Seaham, A19, Doxford, Sunderland

Gives connections from people who go to Sunderland College, Doxford Park, Seaham and Parkside. Every 30 mins. But also it could prove to be useful as a express to have it miss out Dawdon Bridge. And possibly might be able to get Double Deckers on it, with the traffic from Sunderland College, + A690 + Doxford + Seaham, might be quicker than the 60. And everyone loves to jump on what they think it is express bus.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 5:55 pm)cbma06 The x20 could divert via Doxford to do the peak runs on the 55 if the 55 set to be withdrawn

I'd look at either diverting a 71 that way or sending one of the many Seaham - Sunderland buses on to the A19 between Doxford and Seaton myself.
Even if it was just peaks. 

Changing in the Ryhope area or going all the way to Park Lane and then back out, isn't very attractive for many passengers. 

Maybe looking at doing something different, rather than the same old.

(07 Mar 2022, 4:49 pm)Drifter60 Is the X1 trying to do too many things at once? The Sunday service whilst a good uplift from Newcastle to Washington, it means Washington to Easington Lane is left with two buses an hour still but now not equally split, with a 40 minute gap, arguably a lot worse than they have now.

Dalton Park link seems to have been cut a lot too, I almost wonder why they’ve bothered continue it? Looking at the timetable seems to be just operationally convenient. 

I still maintain that the X1 is confusing now “X1 to Easington Lane, Dalton Park, Peterlee, Washington Galleries” you sort of need to know the exact route of each variation, just to know will this one get you home!

The 55s days seems to be numbered. The X1 offering two buses an hour means it’s not as needed on that Houghton to Peterlee corridor as much. Plus it’s been took out of Doxford International outside peak times, so is just doing exactly the same as the 20/X20 do on daytime runs. So it’s now just duplicating other routes across all sections. I wonder if once the 20 goes back to normal timetable, it’ll be a case of “the 55 is no longer needed as we’ve increased our popular X1 and 20 services across all sections of the 55 route”. Peterlee to Sunderland passengers have the X6 as the quicker option in any case.
Sorry, missed this.

I've really wondered why they haven't pushed this route more.

On one hand they're saying the leisure market is the one they're aiming for (commuters aren't coming back apparently) and at the same time, they're not offering a route to and from this 'leisure' destination (which offers food, cinema and shopping) for the majority of the potential visitors living in the area.

There's cinemas, pubs, shops and restaurants crying out for customers and you've got a bus operator who could feed them with customers. Taking them away again at the end of the night.
Yet there's nothing.
No promotions. No partnerships. Nowt.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 07 Mar 2022

Personally I'd get shot of the X20 altogether and clean up the corridor there and have the following routes.

20 - South Shields -> Sunderland -> Houghton Le Spring -> Dene Gardens -> Middle Rainton -> A690 -> Carrville -> Gilesgate -> Durham (Every 20 Mins)
20A - South Shields -> Sunderland -> Doxford Park -> Houghton Le Spring -> Rainton Arena -> Middle Rainton -> West Rainton -> Carrville -> A690 -> Durham (Every 20 Mins)
65 - Extended to Langley Park (Every 30 Mins)
35 - Evening route missing Rainton Arena (Every 30 Mins)
55 - Withdrawn (Nothing unique and alternatives exist with the X1, 62, 35 and 20/20A)

The PVR should be about the same and the 20/20A will be slightly quicker than it is now for most people with a better frequency on the South Shields ends (or you could drop it down to 20 minutes if it's not needed).

(07 Mar 2022, 6:38 pm)Storx Personally I'd get shot of the X20 altogether and clean up the corridor there and have the following routes.

20 - South Shields -> Sunderland -> Houghton Le Spring -> Dene Gardens -> Middle Rainton -> A690 -> Carrville -> Gilesgate -> Durham (Every 20 Mins)
20A - South Shields -> Sunderland -> Doxford Park -> Houghton Le Spring -> Rainton Arena -> Middle Rainton -> Leamside -> Carrville -> A690 -> Durham (Every 20 Mins)
65 - Extended to Langley Park (Every 30 Mins)
35 - Evening route missing Rainton Arena (Every 30 Mins)
55 - Withdrawn (Nothing unique and alternatives exist with the X1, 62, 35 and 20/20A)

The PVR should be about the same and the 20/20A will be slightly quicker than it is now for most people with a better frequency on the South Shields ends (or you could drop it down to 20 minutes if it's not needed).
 But what would the 65 use? Also I think it is crucial for a x20, as a quick way to Durham.

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 6:43 pm)Omega54  But what would the 65 use? Also I think it is crucial for a x20, as a quick way to Durham.

There’s not much difference between the 20 and x20, just that it doesn’t go via gilesgate. And the 20 goes via hall lane while the x20 goes via rainton bridge

Originally the 65 were intended to extend to Langley park under the government kickstart scheme many decades ago but didn’t as the scheme was stopped by the government

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 7:05 pm)cbma06 There’s not much difference between the 20 and x20, just that it doesn’t go via gilesgate. And the 20 goes via hall lane while the x20 goes via rainton bridge

Originally the 65 were intended to extend to Langley park under the government kickstart scheme many decades ago but didn’t as the scheme was stopped by the government

I think the perception is that the X20 is much faster - I know I will jump off the 20 that’s come from Shields at Park Lane and connect to an X20, as it gets to Durham quicker. Have seen others do it in the past too if they’ve seen the bus in, albeit not many.