North East Buses
Arriva Redcar 1421 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva Redcar 1421 (/showthread.php?tid=4532)

Arriva Redcar 1421 - Mark66t - 08 May 2024

Poor  1421 as been knackered by Stockton depot on the 5 at Easington

This was a decent Redcar Bus to

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - PH - BQA - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 1:55 pm)Mark66t wrote Poor  1421 as been knackered by Stockton depot on the 5 at Easington

Didn't you post saying Blyth had broken it when they had it too? At this point I don't think it's a Blyth or Stockton issue.

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Kuyoyo - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 2:34 pm)mb134 wrote Didn't you post saying Blyth had broken it when they had it too? At this point I don't think it's a Blyth or Stockton issue.

All Stockton have done is used it - clearly mechanical issues are a case to be answered by its home depot……..

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Mark66t - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 3:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote All Stockton have done is used it - clearly mechanical issues are a case to be answered by its home depot……..

It'd left Redcar perfectly fine

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Mike_98 - 08 May 2024

To be fair it's getting on abit. Everything encounters problems eventually. I was on 7581 today and that thing was rattling, buzzing the lot and that's only 2 years old. Same with some of Temsas, I imagine all of them have had some sort of problem. Some maybe small, some maybe big, but most of them still are going on and operating just fine. 1421, when or if it returns to Redcar needs to be put on a easier route such as the 62, 63 or 81 if it's having major problems.

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - omnicity4659 - 08 May 2024

The whole "Blyth wrecks this", "Stockton wrecks that", "it left Redcar fine" discussion is getting a bit tedious now.

Depot engineering departments are given a set budget and have to make it stretch, a hard task when your fleet is getting on a bit. With tight budgets, rising costs for parts, long lead times for parts, and poor management, this is what results from it.

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Mark66t - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 5:34 pm)omnicity4659 wrote The whole "Blyth wrecks this", "Stockton wrecks that", "it left Redcar fine" discussion is getting a bit tedious now.

Depot engineering departments are given a set budget and have to make it stretch, a hard task when your fleet is getting on a bit. With tight budgets, rising costs for parts, long lead times for parts, and poor management, this is what results from it.

For u information it did leave Redcar fine its the truth so obviously people can't accept that it's not Redcar fault when it wasn't them using it absolutely stupidity

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Shrek - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 6:33 pm)Mark66t wrote For u information it did leave Redcar fine its the truth so obviously people can't accept that it's not Redcar fault when it wasn't them using it absolutely stupidity

I think you'd be better off reading Omnicity's post above. The bus is getting on, it's got a lot of miles on the clock and engineering budgets are tight. It could be any depots fault or none and it's simply the age of the vehicle/parts which are causing the failures more often.

It is getting boring reading arguments about which depot ruined a bus though.

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - RobinHood - 08 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 5:34 pm)omnicity4659 wrote The whole "Blyth wrecks this", "Stockton wrecks that", "it left Redcar fine" discussion is getting a bit tedious now.

The irony of it, of course, is that Redcar and Stockton are managed by the same Engineering Manager, so the argument that one of those depots has ruined the other's bus, is even less comprehensible.

Arriva Redcar 1421 - Spottybus - 09 May 2024

(08 May 2024, 1:55 pm)Mark66t wrote Poor  1421 as been knackered by Stockton depot on the 5 at Easington

Just because it broke down on the 5 at Easington doesn’t mean it’s Stocktons fault, the bus is old of course it has problems but you clearly don’t understand what that means but it’s okay for you to blame other depots like Stockton & Blyth but not Redcar, a bus is a bus & if it breaks down it breaks down & that’s a issue for the depot that it’s based at which is Redcar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arriva Redcar 1421 - Spottybus - 09 May 2024

Exactly, just because it’s at Stockton doesn’t mean it’s their fault that it broke down, it’s a bus, it’s old of course it will break down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva Redcar 1421 - Bus Lad Roy - 14 May 2024

1421 was in service all day yesterday on stockton's 15  so it's definitely not knackered.