North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - Jimmi - 24 Jan 2015

Just heard the following on the 7 - Bing bing bong, volume test! (at various different volumes) random.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - Malarkey - 24 Jan 2015

What date are the MAX X93 B9TLs due to enter service, thinking I might do my trip up Middlesbrough etc during the upcoming week maybe.

(24 Jan 2015, 6:30 pm)Malarkey What date are the MAX X93 B9TLs due to enter service, thinking I might do my trip up Middlesbrough etc during the upcoming week maybe.

They are expected to enter service either tomorrow or Monday from what I've heard.

(24 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm)Jimmi They are expected to enter service either tomorrow or Monday from what I've heard.
Thanks Jimmi, will keep lookout for further updates on here, sure someone will know the confirmed date.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - tyresmoke - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 6:52 pm)Malarkey Thanks Jimmi, will keep lookout for further updates on here, sure someone will know the confirmed date.

Should be out tomorrow I understand. If not then Monday certainly. Guess who is long weekend Wink

(24 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm)tyresmoke Should be out tomorrow I understand. If not then Monday certainly. Guess who is long weekend Wink
Thanks Tyresmoke, now to debate whether to stop up tomorrow night and watch WWE Royal Rumble or go to Middlesbrough on Monday as the Weather looks to be quite nice, looks like it will sunny/clear blue skies between 9 and 12 before going cloudy.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - S813 FVK - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:11 pm)Malarkey Thanks Tyresmoke, now to debate whether to stop up tomorrow night and watch WWE Royal Rumble or go to Middlesbrough on Monday as the Weather looks to be quite nice, looks like it will sunny/clear blue skies between 9 and 12 before going cloudy.

Baring in mind what Kuyoyo said the other day, if they enter service tomorrow the X93 is every 2 hours and only 4 of the 6 B9s will be out. May be best to leave it until a weekday or a Saturday depending on how many vehicles you wish to photograph. 

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - Dan - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm)Robert Baring in mind what Kuyoyo said the other day, if they enter service tomorrow the X93 is every 2 hours and only 4 of the 6 B9s will be out. May be best to leave it until a weekday or a Saturday depending on how many vehicles you wish to photograph. 

Highly unlikely you're going to find someone dedicated enough to stand in a bus station for five hours to catch all of the examples out in service, anyway... Especially when it's this cold.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - citaro5284 - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:18 pm)Dan Highly unlikely you're going to find someone dedicated enough to stand in a bus station for five hours to catch all of the examples out in service, anyway... Especially when it's this cold.

Its tropical out there man!

(24 Jan 2015, 7:18 pm)Dan Highly unlikely you're going to find someone dedicated enough to stand in a bus station for five hours to catch all of the examples out in service, anyway... Especially when it's this cold.

I would like a shot of just one tomorrow but annoyingly it is hard since Arriva changed it's Sunday timetables before the changes it would have been possible.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - Dan - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm)citaro5284 Its tropical out there man!

If only the weather could be as warm as GNE's 5325... A nice 28.4 degrees, according to the clock on the front of the bus!

(24 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm)Robert Baring in mind what Kuyoyo said the other day, if they enter service tomorrow the X93 is every 2 hours and only 4 of the 6 B9s will be out. May be best to leave it until a weekday or a Saturday depending on how many vehicles you wish to photograph. 
I certainly wont be going Middlesbrough Tomorrow as there bot all about on a Sunday up there, iirc when I last up there after the Stagecoach Stockton Open Day, I only seen a handful of Vehicles in the Hour I was there so to be honest for an Explorer on a Sunday is pointless, would rather go up on a weekday when there is more about and go to more places. 
Unless you name is Bazza.

It's a pity the first bus to Darlington on a Sunday moring (service 8) gets to Harrowgate Hill just a few minutes after the X66 as If there was a bus about 10 minutes earlier I could have got the X66 in time to catch a shot of the 1020 X93 then jump straight onto an X10 a few minutes later then providing the X10 got into Peterlee on-time I could have caught the 22 to Dalton Park or Sunderland, BUT NO! once again I have to suffer due to the lack of an earlier bus to Darlington on a morning which means I've not been able to do Moorsbus or Dalesbus services because I can't get into Darlington early enough *sigh*

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - Andreos1 - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm)transit2014 Passed 7402 heading south between Chester le Street and Durham on the A1(M) this afternoon in the last hour or so. Have to say looked smart with the branding from what I could see.

One went overhead at Picktree roundabout at about 1545.
Didn't catch id, but saw it branded for X93.

(24 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm)Andreos1 One went overhead at Picktree roundabout at about 1545.
Didn't catch id, but saw it branded for X93.
Might of been to Volvo Bus and Coach at Crowther, wouldnt of thought had it came from Jesmond that it would that way, would expected to via Heworth and up onto the A19 otherwise.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - MrPottski - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm)Jimmi It's a pity the first bus to Darlington on a Sunday moring (service 8) gets to Harrowgate Hill just a few minutes after the X66 as If there was a bus about 10 minutes earlier I could have got the X66 in time to catch a shot of the 1020 X93 then jump straight onto an X10 a few minutes later then providing the X10 got into Peterlee on-time I could have caught the 22 to Dalton Park or Sunderland, BUT NO! once again I have to suffer due to the lack of an earlier bus to Darlington on a morning which means I've not been able to do Moorsbus or Dalesbus services because I can't get into Darlington early enough *sigh*
Where are you travelling from Jimmi?

(24 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm)MrPottski Where are you travelling from Jimmi?

Newton Aycliffe.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - tyresmoke - 25 Jan 2015

It would appear that the Max Volvo B9TL's are not out today, but should be out tomorrow on the X93.
One Volvo B7TL should be staying at Whitby for the foreseeable future.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - mb134 - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 11:00 am)tyresmoke It would appear that the Max Volvo B9TL's are not out today, but should be out tomorrow on the X93.
One Volvo B7TL should be staying at Whitby for the foreseeable future.
Will the rest be staying at Redcar, or moving elsewhere? 

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0 - tyresmoke - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 11:09 am)mb134 Will the rest be staying at Redcar, or moving elsewhere? 

I believe they're due to move to Jesmond, as their higher capacity comes in useful on Nexus school contracts compared to the ALX400s currently allocated. These DAF ALX400s would move to Ashington & Durham as required to allow older vehicles to leave the fleet.