North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 11:52 am)mb134 Just had a quick look at the Arriva live map, and assuming I'm looking at the right one, they've not changed it from X1 to X12 yet...

Yep, you're right.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - citaro5284 - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 11:52 am)mb134 Just had a quick look at the Arriva live map, and assuming I'm looking at the right one, they've not changed it from X1 to X12 yet...

You would have thought if the data is coming from the ETM, the correct service number would be shown as the drivers should be keying in X12?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - upt50k - 04 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm)MrPottski I think the Max Omnicity's look good, but it was a bad decision to refurb such old stock to the standard it has been. Surely the decision to cascade the Pulsars from ANW was made a while back, so they could have delayed max, refurbished the 10 reg Pulsars from ANW to Max spec and got vehicles that were newer, in better nick and easier to maintain. The engineers hate the Scanias, I've heard 3 need new engines, they all need new heaters, the list goes on! I drove 4644 today and it had more screws, rivets and metal plates holding it together than enough. But, Arriva do like to get their money's worth!

It would have been worthwhile to put effort into curing the rattles and looking at the pneumatics for the doors which is also a weak area

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - gne_4993 - 04 Jan 2015

(30 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm)Tom No, it's in Max Livery for the X15. 

No it isn't, it's still in old arriva colours.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Tom - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:24 pm)gne_4993 No it isn't, it's still in old arriva colours.

Well never!
I made a mistake, and if you read the posts you'd see that Huh

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm)Tom Well never!
I made a mistake, and if you read the posts you'd see that Huh

Thats what happens when people don't read posts, the last few weeks iv'e post something and then the same thing has posted else where..... starting to get on my nerves.

(04 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm)Michael Thats what happens when people don't read posts, the last few weeks iv'e post something and then the same thing has posted else where..... starting to get on my nerves.

I don't think it's always related to people not reading posts.

I know you posted a link to Go North East's website on the "Upcoming Service Changes" thread the other day, and Marcus then went to post it on the "Latest" thread. I think it's sometimes an issue of people classifying something differently.

I personally would put diversion notices in the "Latest" thread (especially where a shuttle service is concerned), unless it's going to be a diversion which goes on for a number of years meaning that affected services will change for the foreseeable future.

(04 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm)Robert Its actually in the new interurban livery (tounge in cheek)

The addition of the 'tongue in cheek' in brackets makes me assume you know what you're talking about, but just in case...

[Image: 15131730476_4b95699faa.jpg]Arriva North East: 4663 / NK07FZF by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

The photograph of 4663 above shows the vehicle as it is today. I think most would refer to that as the old Arriva livery - with the example below being in the new interurban livery:

[Image: 14275745895_f6fb44efc9.jpg]Arriva North East: 4662 / NK07FZE by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - R852 PRG - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm)Dan I don't think it's always related to people not reading posts.

I know you posted a link to Go North East's website on the "Upcoming Service Changes" thread the other day, and Marcus then went to post it on the "Latest" thread. I think it's sometimes an issue of people classifying something differently.

I personally would put diversion notices in the "Latest" thread (especially where a shuttle service is concerned), unless it's going to be a diversion which goes on for a number of years meaning that affected services will change for the foreseeable future.

Oh, I didn't even realise Michael had posted about it! haha

Sorry about that! Smile

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - S813 FVK - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm)Dan I don't think it's always related to people not reading posts.

The addition of the 'tongue in cheek' in brackets makes me assume you know what you're talking about, but just in case...

[Image: 15131730476_4b95699faa.jpg]Arriva North East: 4663 / NK07FZF by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I think most would refer to that as the old Arriva livery - with the example below being in the new interurban livery:

[Image: 14275745895_f6fb44efc9.jpg]Arriva North East: 4662 / NK07FZE by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Man you noticed Tongue I deleted it cos i thought it would be taken the wrong way.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh, I didn't even realise Michael had posted about it! haha

Sorry about that! Smile

You better be Tongue 

Sorry, i've woke up in a shit mood and can't get out of it.

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - R852 PRG - 04 Jan 2015

(04 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Michael You better be Tongue 

Sorry, i've woke up in a shit mood and can't get out of it.

(Cowers in corner...again)

(04 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm)Robert Man you noticed Tongue I deleted it cos i thought it would be taken the wrong way.

I don't miss a trick, me! Wink

I try and keep the fleet lists as up-to-date as possible. I class the livery 4663 carries as 'Original Arriva', and the one 4662 carries as 'Arriva'.

(04 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm)Dan I don't miss a trick, me! Wink

I try and keep the fleet lists as up-to-date as possible. I class the livery 4663 carries as 'Original Arriva', and the one 4662 carries as 'Arriva'.

Must admit, although i didnt look at this before making the comment, my own personal fleet list shows 4663 as been in the Arriva livery (arriva following your system).

(04 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm)Robert Must admit, although i didnt look at this before making the comment, my own personal fleet list shows 4663 as been in the Arriva livery (arriva following your system).

There was a comment on here suggesting that Jesmond no longer paint buses as the painters were made redundant (or something along those lines), which means everything is now done at Thorntons or Bus & Coach World.

It is pictured here last month:

[Image: 15879830149_78021597be.jpg]Arriva North East 4663 NK07 FZF on 45 by sambuses, on Flickr

..and I'm sure we would have known if it had been sent to Bus & Coach World or Thorntons for repaint, as it would have appeared on the last Fleet Allocation. Smile 

(04 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm)Dan There was a comment on here suggesting that Jesmond no longer paint buses as the painters were made redundant (or something along those lines), which means everything is now done at Thorntons or Bus & Coach World.

It is pictured here last month:

[Image: 15879830149_78021597be.jpg]Arriva North East 4663 NK07 FZF on 45 by sambuses, on Flickr

..and I'm sure we would have known if it had been sent to Bus & Coach World or Thorntons for repaint, as it would have appeared on the last Fleet Allocation. Smile 

Or if it looked like it had been painted by a 3 year old Big Grin

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Cock Robin - 05 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm)Jimmi Some people at the MAX launch in Darlington thought the Omnicitys were brand new when they are nearly 10 years old now.

Even their own management are fooled - their representative at the Stockton bus forum said the buses on the X66 would be less than 4 years old!

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - mb134 - 05 Jan 2015

1773 has had it's WiFi fitted, was working when it passed me today. (On the 2)

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 05 Jan 2015

(05 Jan 2015, 9:45 am)Cock Robin Even their own management are fooled - their representative at the Stockton bus forum said the buses on the X66 would be less than 4 years old!

An honest mistake, I am sure?

Was it ever planned for Pulsars to go on the X66 - with this plan being changed to Omnis?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - Jimmi - 05 Jan 2015

1302 broke down in Ferryhill on service 8.

GET THESE SHEDS OFF THE 8/8A IT IS BECOMING AN UTTER JOKE NOW!!!

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - MrPottski - 05 Jan 2015

(05 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm)Jimmi 1302 broke down in Ferryhill on service 8.

GET THESE SHEDS OFF THE 8/8A IT IS BECOMING AN UTTER JOKE NOW!!!
I'm sure if enough complaints were made, action would have to be taken....