North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - Dan - 12 Sep 2013

One to watch this evening (especially for those in the Sunderland area) may be Crimewatch.
The Nikki Allan murder is being brought up again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24056902

I know it's still heavily talked about today, despite happening so long ago. Even people of my age seem to know so much about it.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:02 pm)Daniel wrote One to watch this evening for those in the Sunderland area may be Crimewatch.
The Nikki Allan murder is being brought up again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24056902

Every time I visit Sunderland I feel like I'm in an episode of Crimewatch. Same goes for Middlesbrough, Blyth and Jarrow.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:07 pm)AdamY wrote Every time I visit Sunderland I feel like I'm in an episode of Crimewatch. Same goes for Middlesbrough, Blyth and Jarrow.

Cheek! Tongue

I'm not too keen on Middlesbrough at night mind. Not so bad during the day.
Jarrow in general isn't a great place in my opinion, but I've always thought Blyth was nice?

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm)Daniel wrote Cheek! Tongue

I'm not too keen on Middlesbrough at night mind. Not so bad during the day.
Jarrow in general isn't a great place in my opinion, but I've always thought Blyth was nice?

Blyth? Nice? You have to be kidding.

Apparently at one time Blyth used to be a major drug-smuggling port for stuff coming in of the continent. This was in the 90s mind you so things may have changed on that front but I was there the other week and it still looked as classy as ever.

(12 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm)AdamY wrote Blyth? Nice? You have to be kidding.

Apparently at one time Blyth used to be a major drug-smuggling port for stuff coming in of the continent. This was in the 90s mind you so things may have changed on that front but I was there the other week and it still looked as classy as ever.

Consider that I've only ever been within a 10 minute walk of the bus station... I've been smiled at whilst taking photos before which is highly unusual.

Allan murder report is on Crimewatch now.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:21 pm)Daniel wrote I've been smiled at whilst taking photos before which is highly unusual.

^ See earlier comment on drugs in Blyth Wink

On a more serious note and getting back on topic, hopefully they catch the scum who killed that little lass.
She didn't deserve to die and the murderer doesn't deserve their freedom.

It's a truly heartbreaking story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01gkmkw

For anyone who couldn't watch it on TV - see above link.

RE: General TV thread - Chris - 13 Sep 2013

Tragic

Re Blyth - It did used to be known as the heroin capital of the North East, not sure if it still is? Speaking of Blyth, anybody see 'Bouncers' the other week? Not normally the sort of thing I'd watch, but I was riveted. 'Educating Yorkshire' is another one to watch if you can.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 13 Sep 2013

Good news:

A WOMAN has come forward with information she kept from police about a murdered schoolgirl after a nationwide TV appeal.

The unsolved murder of Sunderland schoolgirl Nikki Allan was featured on BBC’s Crimewatch last night, including an eerie reconstruction of her final moments.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/woman-comes-forward-with-new-evidence-in-sunderland-schoolgirl-murder-after-crimewatch-appeal-1-6045661

I hope this help's its being to long.

RE: General TV thread - BJ10VUS - 13 Sep 2013

(13 Sep 2013, 11:33 am)Chris wrote 'Educating Yorkshire' is another one to watch if you can.

"Did you stamp on his head?"
"I don't know... I might have"

RE: General TV thread - Chris - 13 Sep 2013

Brilliant!

My headteacher was nothing like this guy, sadly.

"While we're here, are we going to anything with them eyebrows anytime soon?"

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 15 Sep 2013

5 minutes until Vera everyone!

Last in the series tonight.
The next one was comissioned before this one was aired, so hopefully not too long to wait!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 7:57 pm)Andreos1 wrote 5 minutes until Vera everyone!

Last in the series tonight.
The next one was comissioned before this one was aired, so hopefully not too long to wait!

For some reason I just can't get away with Vera.

I tried watching the last series and found it quite boring to be honest.

It's just not Spender!

RE: General TV thread - CatsFast101 - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 10:04 pm)AdamY wrote For some reason I just can't get away with Vera.

I tried watching the last series and found it quite boring to be honest.

It's just not Spender!

Vera is brilliant, superb drama love Brenda Blethyn in it she's great. Sundays won't be the same! I need longer series of it. The character of Vera is such good writing, credit to Anne Cleaves who wrote the inital books that led to the first 2 seasons of the series. I also find 'Spot the various NE town/location' very good hahahahah.
Bringing this back to buses I'm sure I saw a TTX B9 on the 27! Aswell as a Cruader renown and a Quaylink Versa! Hahahah

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 17 Sep 2013

Anyone watching Geordie Shore?

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 9:43 pm)Daniel wrote Anyone watching Geordie Shore?

Is that a serious question or some sort of mickey take?
Geordie Shore?!
Geordie Shore!

(17 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote Is that a serious question or some sort of mickey take?
Geordie Shore?!
Geordie Shore!

No joke at all!!

[Image: 3sz4uj.jpg]
Gotta love Charlotte..!

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm)Daniel wrote No joke at all!!

Gotta love Charlotte..!

She lives in the next street to my folks apparently.
One of my brothers is into all of this Geordie Shore/Big Brother sh!te and was telling me.

Haven't been round to see if the paparazzi from Take a Break or Chat magazine are stalking the place yet like

To be fair, the cast don't really make the North East look like a good place to live - does it?
"Oh, if they're all like that..we best keep our distance!"

Well, any bus enthusiasts watching from other parts of the UK may want to come if they're fans of Citaros - one of GNE's now "Crusader" branded Mercs appeared on there tonight. Believe it was on the TEN in plain silver, but it was so quick I missed it. :p

General TV thread - Adrian - 18 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote She lives in the next street to my folks apparently.
One of my brothers is into all of this Geordie Shore/Big Brother sh!te and was telling me.

Haven't been round to see if the paparazzi from Take a Break or Chat magazine are stalking the place yet like

Weymouth Drive I believe. Although she was probably affected by The X3 being removed from Fencehouses, as it also served there. Tongue seriously though I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch Geordie Shore. Absolutely cringeworthy what some of them come out with. Tramps.

That Holly Hagan is unreal tho. when she doesn't speak at least.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 5:40 am)aureolin wrote Weymouth Drive I believe. Although she was probably affected by The X3 being removed from Fencehouses, as it also served there. Tongue seriously though I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch Geordie Shore. Absolutely cringeworthy what some of them come out with. Tramps.

That Holly Hagan is unreal tho. when she doesn't speak at least.

You know more than I do re Weymouth Drive.

Will have to dig out a pic of this Holly Hagan wifey

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 25 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm)Daniel wrote No joke at all!!

Gotta love Charlotte..!

Why anyone would want to watch Geordie Shite I do not know...Still it could be worse, Girls Gone Wild...The Murton Edition

As soon as I get in, I am going to be watch the the Season 11 Premiere of NCIS Wink

RE: General TV thread - BJ10VUS - 25 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 5:40 am)aureolin wrote Weymouth Drive I believe. Although she was probably affected by The X3 being removed from Fencehouses, as it also served there.

It's a well known fact that Charlotte is a big fan of the Mercedes Citaro Tongue

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 20 Oct 2013

Does anyone here watch

The Walking Dead - Intro is canny good - same as the Game of Thrones, it changes as the seasons go on, Season 4 has just started - here's the intro to season 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8W9qr7DB-o

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT NO SPOILERS ON HERE

Game Of Thrones - Intro has to be the best - All the same but each episode has new places on and taking off... as the season progresses - season 4 will be out next Spring (2014) - PLEASE IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT NO SPOILERS ON HERE

Season 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apLTl4T9o4A

Be warned - reading comments you might read spoilers.

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 24 Oct 2013

Watching Cagney and Lacey atm on BBC2 Big Grin Sharon Gless was a sexpot back in the 80's

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 24 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 3:17 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Watching Cagney and Lacey atm on BBC2 Big Grin Sharon Gless was a sexpot back in the 80's

haha, dirty perv.
Mind, there must be a theme - retro two or something.
The indents had changed to old school and Allo Allo was on too yesterday

Re: RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 25 Oct 2013

(24 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote haha, dirty perv.
Mind, there must be a theme - retro two or something.
The indents had changed to old school and Allo Allo was on too yesterday

Yeah, there is a retro thing going on at the moment

3:15 Are you being served
3:45 Allo' Allo'
4:15 Cagney and Lacey

I love Allo' Allo', Francesca Gonshaw was a little hottie, and I love the Poloceman Crabtree...GOOD MOANING Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 25 Oct 2013

(25 Oct 2013, 9:27 am)fozzovmurton wrote Yeah, there is a retro thing going on at the moment

3:15 Are you being served
3:45 Allo' Allo'
4:15 Cagney and Lacey

I love Allo' Allo', Francesca Gonshaw was a little hottie, and I love the Poloceman Crabtree...GOOD MOANING Big Grin

To be honest, Allo Allo has been the only thing I have seen over the last week, bar whatever Cbeebies has being showing.

Do you know if they are running the whole series? Was disappointed to see this was an early episode without Mimi La Bonk!

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 25 Oct 2013

(25 Oct 2013, 10:56 am)Andreos1 wrote To be honest, Allo Allo has been the only thing I have seen over the last week, bar whatever Cbeebies has being showing.

Do you know if they are running the whole series? Was disappointed to see this was an early episode without Mimi La Bonk!

I think they are running it right through...3:15 every weekday afternoon

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 08 Nov 2013

If anyone likes old school entertainment shows and isn't doing anything tonight - you could do a lot worse than watch Les Dawson's Blankety Blank at 10pm on Challenge.

For you younger ones, it is what prime time Saturday telly should be like Wink