North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:21 pm)MurdnunoC You see I wouldn't. I'd rather be home (or where I needed to be) six minutes faster. Unless, of course, I needed to charge my phone or some other appliance. WiFi holds no appeal to me as I have unlimited internet on my phone and a dongle for my laptop and Macbook (not that I'd be in a hurry to get either out on a crowded bus).

Power sockets and Wi-Fi have been proven up and down the country to stimulate market growth.

Whilst Wi-Fi has no appeal to me (I also have an unlimited data package), it certainly appeals to a lot of people who have a limited amount of data each month. Some of my friends refuse to get any other service besides "Drifter" service 60 to school, on the basis that, if they opt for another service, they won't be able to access the Internet whilst travelling to school.

As a heavy mobile phone user, power sockets certainly do appeal to me though. In instances where I do not travel with my portable external power bank battery charger, I usually find myself running out of battery by the end of the day. For me, the thought of a bus journey without music is unbearable in most cases... Tongue 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Adrian - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:34 pm)Dan As a heavy mobile phone user, power sockets certainly do appeal to me though. In instances where I do not travel with my portable external power bank battery charger, I usually find myself running out of battery by the end of the day. For me, the thought of a bus journey without music is unbearable in most cases... Tongue 

I'm guilty of doing Crawcrook and back on the TEN, just to charge my phone, mind. Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Jimmi - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm)aureolin I think it's likely that the X21 will this year or next, whether that's new buses or cascaded is clearly another matter mind. The V reg Presidents will be pushing 16 years on the road by the time of next years order, which is hardly ideal for a bus in a front line role..

Yeah hopefully it will get something more modern this year (or next) as I'm not a big fan of the Pronto Presidents and more often opt for the X2 (although it depends what time I get to the stop). Hopefully whatever the X21 gets it will have a few more seats as the Newcastle journey that leaves Durham at 0936 is always rammed.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - R852 PRG - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin I'm guilty of doing Crawcrook and back on the TEN, just to charge my phone, mind. Tongue

Taking advantage of it...I don't know how you live with yourself. Tongue

(09 Jan 2015, 7:38 pm)Jimmi Yeah hopefully it will get something more modern this year (or next) as I'm not a big fan of the Pronto Presidents and more often opt for the X2 (although it depends what time I get to the stop). Hopefully whatever the X21 gets it will have a few more seats as the Newcastle journey that leaves Durham at 0936 is always rammed.

OAPs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Kuyoyo - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm)aureolin I think it's likely that the X21 will this year or next, whether that's new buses or cascaded is clearly another matter mind. The V reg Presidents will be pushing 16 years on the road by the time of next years order, which is hardly ideal for a bus in a front line role..

X21 is going to need something before long - the Spackle is on its way after all  Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - MurdnunoC - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:34 pm)Dan As a heavy mobile phone user, power sockets certainly do appeal to me though. In instances where I do not travel with my portable external power bank battery charger, I usually find myself running out of battery by the end of the day. For me, the thought of a bus journey without music is unbearable in most cases... Tongue 

And here's me thinking you enjoyed riding on buses because you were a hardcore enthusiast. I didn't realise that you needed a distraction to make travelling by bus more bearable. I'm almost prepared to buy you a driving lesson for your seventeenth birthday (presuming it hasn't passed) in an attempt to ease your burden of travelling by public transport  Tongue

(09 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin I'm guilty of doing Crawcrook and back on the TEN, just to charge my phone, mind. Tongue

I made use of the charging points on the 7 to charge my camera the other morning.

On a recent Teesside trip I jumped on the 5/5A from Middlesbrough Bus Station to North Ormesby to charge my camera.

I have limited internet data so I like to use WiFi when it is available and always use it on the Sapphire 7.

(09 Jan 2015, 7:43 pm)MurdnunoC And here's me thinking you enjoyed riding on buses because you were a hardcore enthusiast. I didn't realise that you needed a distraction to make travelling by bus more bearable. I'm almost prepared to buy you a driving lesson for your seventeenth birthday (presuming it hasn't passed) in an attempt to ease your burden of travelling by public transport  Tongue

That's very kind Michael, perhaps we should all pitch in and help Dan...he is the saviour after all! Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:44 pm)MarcTheA4 That's very kind Michael, perhaps we should all pitch in and help Dan...he is the saviour after all! Wink

We have 2 Michael's on the forum, we can't have that! Wink 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:43 pm)MurdnunoC And here's me thinking you enjoyed riding on buses because you were a hardcore enthusiast. I didn't realise that you needed a distraction to make travelling by bus more bearable. I'm almost prepared to buy you a driving lesson for your seventeenth birthday (presuming it hasn't passed) in an attempt to ease your burden of travelling by public transport  Tongue

Well... Tongue 

You're a few months too late, I'm afraid! 

(09 Jan 2015, 7:45 pm)Michael We have 2 Michael's on the forum, we can't have that! Wink 

Still haven't gotten used to all the new names lol, I think AdamY was you! Tongue

Sorry ADAM.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm)MarcTheA4 Still haven't gotten used to all the new names lol, I think AdamY was you! Tongue

Sorry ADAM.

Just confuse everyone, we should change our names to each other lmao! 

(09 Jan 2015, 7:47 pm)Michael Just confuse everyone, we should change our names to each other lmao! 

Haha, I can imagine the guests just sitting there like; 'WTF is going on?!' Tongue

#guestsbelike

(09 Jan 2015, 7:47 pm)Michael Just confuse everyone, we should change our names to each other lmao! 

My name is not even Jimmi.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - citaro5284 - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm)MarcTheA4 Haha, I can imagine the guests just sitting there like; 'WTF is going on?!' Tongue

#guestsbelike

That is everytime they read one of your posts Marcus!

(09 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm)Jimmi My name is not even Jimmi.

(gasps)...WUUUTTT??!!

I'm really confused now. I should never have brought this up. Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - cbma06 - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 5:54 pm)DaveyBowyer If the 14 Red Arrows B9TLs became free (11 needed Mon to Sat and 5 eve and Sun) and GNE did the following:

- X51 every 30 mins (60 eve and Sun) serving X21 route to Bedlington Front St from Seacrest Rd then X22 route to Newcastle but only calling at Regent Centre after A1068 / Seaton Burn.

- X52 every 30 mins (60 eve and Sun) serving same route as above but North Seaton instead of Wansbeck Hosp then same route as X51 from Ashington.

They could oust the X21 and all the X22 would have is the punters between Ashington and Bedlington and here's why:
- Powerful engines for reliability and punctuality.
- No fancy detours via Nedderton.
- Free Wi-Fi and High Back seats.
- Simple 15 min (30 eve and Sun) combined frequency between Ashington and Newcastle throughout.
- Radio control in event of emergency, breakdown or delay.
- Many connections available in Newcastle including Metrocentre, Tyne Valley, Gateshead, Durham and Teesside.
- Better passenger trust.
- All buses wheelchair and buggy friendly unlike 7501 - 09.

Shoudnt the above post be in suggestions?.
Didn't GNE and Arriva swap depots and areas between Ashington and Hexham, GNE are not going to go back on their deal of running services in those areas of Arriva, otherwise Arriva will go on GNE routes again, anyway I don't think it would come into fruitation since their fighting against the QCS.  Its like Arriva going back on their deal with Stagecoach and start running bus services between Hartlepool and Stockton/Middlesbrough.

(09 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm)citaro5284 That is everytime they read one of your posts Marcus!

Oh, stop it! Wink

My mixture of randomness, weirdness, unnecessary hashtags and general irrelevance must provide them with a good show!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - MurdnunoC - 09 Jan 2015

(09 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm)MarcTheA4 Still haven't gotten used to all the new names lol, I think AdamY was you! Tongue

Sorry ADAM.

There are far too many Adam's on the forum too.

I was actually going to suggest something like that as a new years thing. For anyone who's up for it, usernames for the year will be determined by the person who draws yours from the hat. Sort of like a Secret Santa.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Tommy1581 - 09 Jan 2015

I don't even like Arriva. Me sitting in 1581 (see avatar) is completely made up!