Menu

Pages (16)    114 15 16
Storx   06 Apr 2022, 6:17 am
(06 Apr 2022, 5:40 am)DeltaMan wrote I might be missing something here, but surely Stagecoach could have knocked up a service change leaflet for distribution onboard in the weeks before the change?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-23603002

Think it's a bit harsh to blame Stagecoach on that one. No doubt they'd have notices on the buses (don't use them so not 100% sure) and no doubt they didn't read them or they may have not travelled at all.

Definitely a Nexus problem here like not replacing the timetable boards.
MVK 500R   06 Apr 2022, 6:27 am
(06 Apr 2022, 5:40 am)DeltaMan wrote I might be missing something here, but surely Stagecoach could have knocked up a service change leaflet for distribution onboard in the weeks before the change?

Stagecoach always put notices on their buses. If folk choose not to read them then it's on them. Bus stops are Nexus' domain and if they're not updated the blame is with them, not the bus operator. In my case, Nexus changed the bus stop near to me 3 days early, and as a result the Q3 wouldn't stop as apparently no buses served it!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Train8261   06 Apr 2022, 9:21 am

Stagecoach were the first to post there changes. Even on the buses they have a poster saying the changes. Yet still people ignore it. Doesn't matter how early or how big they stick a poster. It'll still be complain about
DeltaMan   06 Apr 2022, 9:34 am
The Stagecoach notices are terrible and have been since the Busways years.

They are usually A4 sized in one spot on a window using a size 8 font size. You literally have to stand and read it.

The only time you can do that is when you are getting on or off, and that means blocking the aisle.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Train8261   06 Apr 2022, 10:16 am
(06 Apr 2022, 9:34 am)DeltaMan wrote The Stagecoach notices are terrible and have been since the Busways years.

They are usually A4 sized in one spot on a window using a size 8 font size. You literally have to stand and read it.

The only time you can do that is when you are getting on or off, and that means blocking the aisle.
Same with Go North East.

There is just on the back behind the driver or on the cab door
stagecoachbusdepot   06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm
(06 Apr 2022, 6:27 am)MVK 500R wrote Stagecoach always put notices on their buses. If folk choose not to read them then it's on them. Bus stops are Nexus' domain and if they're not updated the blame is with them, not the bus operator. In my case, Nexus changed the bus stop near to me 3 days early, and as a result the Q3 wouldn't stop as apparently no buses served it!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

And this is why it's also harsh to blame Nexus.  When they do it early, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  When they do it late, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  Neither is better or worse than the other option.  The only way to do it would be to work through the night on the Saturday after services finish and update over 2000 stops before services begin again on the Sunday morning.  It's very rare for me to defend Nexus but on this one (both preserving as much of the network as they have after the operators put profit before people, and updating the stop within a couple of days) I think Nexus have done a decent job.
Rob44   06 Apr 2022, 12:29 pm
(06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote And this is why it's also harsh to blame Nexus.  When they do it early, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  When they do it late, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  Neither is better or worse than the other option.  The only way to do it would be to work through the night on the Saturday after services finish and update over 2000 stops before services begin again on the Sunday morning.  It's very rare for me to defend Nexus but on this one (both preserving as much of the network as they have after the operators put profit before people, and updating the stop within a couple of days) I think Nexus have done a decent job.

100% agree with this. I mean its not as if its been on the news is it??  Numerous articles in chronicle online and in paper.  On itv and bbc local news. I don't listen to radio Newcastle very much but I've heard them talk about it several times on there.  Maybe nexus should cut a couple of 100000 off running buses and get employee a hundred people on night shift rate to do it overnight on the Saturday to the Sunday when the change happens..... but I'm sure someone would still complain about that being a waste of a couple of hundred grand!
V514DFT   06 Apr 2022, 1:23 pm
I also wonder how long the 1 will last now theres Stagecoach's 317

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ian foster   06 Apr 2022, 1:41 pm
(06 Apr 2022, 1:23 pm)V514DFT wrote I also wonder how long the 1 will last now theres Stagecoach's 317
317 is a completely different route to the 1 so won't cause it any problems between North Shields and Whitley Bay
V514DFT   06 Apr 2022, 2:57 pm
The 1 being a different route to the 317 wont save it from 'the axe'

Kind Regards
Tez
L469 YVK   06 Apr 2022, 3:28 pm
Only real threat to the 1 would be if Stagecoach extended the 22 to Whitley Bay. However, reliability would go to the wall. I could likely see the 22 maybe extended to Northumberland Park
RMF1254   07 Apr 2022, 9:11 am
(06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote And this is why it's also harsh to blame Nexus.  When they do it early, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  When they do it late, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  Neither is better or worse than the other option.  The only way to do it would be to work through the night on the Saturday after services finish and update over 2000 stops before services begin again on the Sunday morning.  It's very rare for me to defend Nexus but on this one (both preserving as much of the network as they have after the operators put profit before people, and updating the stop within a couple of days) I think Nexus have done a decent job.
I noticed new timetable displays displayed the week before the changes. At least this gave regular users to see what was happening at their stop. I think Nexus did well in this respect. Interestingly I saw someone with a Nexus 342 leaflet on the 41 the other day. The problem with Nexus is they don’t have any distribution points for leaflets. The empty racks in the Haymarket inspectors’ office could possibly have been put out for the service changes. The biggest problem is the operators who don’t produce leaflets.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thomas12   20 Jul 2022, 8:28 pm
Bringing up an old thread here, but I was under the impression that the K2 which was withdrawn in March would be returning this month.

However, there is no mention of this on the Nexus website - is this still going ahead?
Pages (16)    114 15 16